DAL SOUP RECIPE | DAHL SOUP | LENTIL SOUP RECIPE | DAAL SOUP
- firstly, in a bowl take 3 tbsp masoor dal, 3 tbsp moong dal and 2 tbsp toor dal.
- rinse well and soak for 30 minutes.
- now transfer the soaked dal to a pressure cooker.
- add 1 inch ginger, 2 clove garlic, ¼ tsp turmeric, ½ tsp salt and 2 cup water.
- cover and pressure cook for 2 whistles on medium flame.
- once the pressure releases, cool completely and transfer to the blender.
- blend to smooth paste.
- take the veggie dal paste to a large kadai.
- add ½ tsp pepper powder and 1½ cup water. adjusting consistency as required.
- mix well and simmer for 5 minutes or until the flavours are well absorbed.
- finally, add 2 tbsp coriander and dal soup is ready to serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 96 kcal, Carbohydrate 17 g, Protein 7 g, Fat 1 g, SaturatedFat 1 g, Sodium 418 mg, Fiber 3 g, Sugar 1 g, ServingSize 1 serving
EASY DHAL SOUP
For comfort food with a touch of the exotic, this dhal is quite simple but soooo tasty and has become a staple of our diet.
Provided by ladyroseofrohan
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 14
- In large saucepan, warm olive oil and add garlic and onion. Saute, stirring 2-3 minutes. Add turmeric, garam masala, chili powder, and cumin.
- Stir in tomatoes, lentils, lemon juice, vegetable stock, coconut milk, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer, uncovered, for 25-30 minutes or until lentils are tender.
- Serve warm. You can garnish with lemon slices and cilantro if desired. Also good with naan bread.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 615.5, Fat 23.6, SaturatedFat 15.5, Sodium 634.8, Carbohydrate 90.6, Fiber 8.9, Sugar 54.9, Protein 15.7
SPINACH AND TOMATO DAL (INDIAN LENTIL SOUP)
This is a basic dal (Indian lentil soup) recipe that my mom always makes. You can substitute different vegetables and greens and follow similar procedure. This is a hearty and healthy dish that leaves you satisfied without overfilling you. You can substitute spinach for other dark greens like mustard greens, kale, or swiss chard. The cook time will vary. Serve with steamed rice.
Provided by lucky
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Bring lentils and 4 cups water to a boil in a saucepan. Stir in salt. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook at a simmer 10 minutes. Skim off any scum that forms and continue to simmer until the lentils are tender, about 1 hour.
- Heat the oil in a separate saucepan. Cook mustard seeds and cumin seeds in hot oil until they start to splatter, 2 to 3 minutes. Add onion, garlic, and turmeric to the seeds; cook and stir until the onion is soft, about 5 minutes. Stir spinach, tomato, and cayenne pepper into the onion mixture; cook until the spinach wilts and the tomato is tender, about 5 minutes.
- Stir the cooked lentils and cilantro into the spinach mixture; bring to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes. Adjust salt and water to taste and texture preferences.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 290.8 calories, Carbohydrate 35.8 g, Fat 11.6 g, Fiber 13.3 g, Protein 14.8 g, SaturatedFat 1.8 g, Sodium 665.7 mg, Sugar 6.3 g
INDIAN LENTIL SOUP (DAL SHORVA)
An inexpensive, easy-to-make and delicious soup. This slightly modified recipe stems from Mumtaz Khan at Mumtaz Paan House in Bradford, England. Mung beans is the exquisite choice, but red or yellow lentils also make a delicious result (green lentils are not recommended). The chicken stock can be replaced with vegetable stock for a vegetarian variety. This recipe can also be made with less liquid and served as a stew.¨ Improvement, a little off tradition, but works even better: 1) Fry the lentils/beans for a few seconds in ghee before adding the spices and liquid. 2) Add just a little tomato purée (1 tsp) to the soup. 3) Add one diced potato together with the lentils/beans.
Provided by Andreacute Grisell
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Rinse the beans or lentils.
- Bring to a boil with the stock, turmeric, Cayenne, cumin, cardamom and curry/bay leaves.
- Let simmer until the beans or lentils are very soft (ca 30 minutes).
- If using bay leaves, remove them now. Curry leaves can be left in the soup.
- Run the soup quickly in a blender to a not too smooth consistency (or mash the lentils/beans with a ladle).
- Sautee the garlic and mustard seeds lightly in the fat and add to the soup.
- Let simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Add salt, pepper and squeezed lemon to taste.
- Serve hot with pita or paratha bread.
- Rinse the dal, checking for any debris; add to saucepan with 2 1/2 cups water. Allow to soak for 30 minutes.
- Bring dal, water, and salt to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook until beans are very tender and mixture has thickened, 15 to 20 minutes. Add more water, if necessary, to prevent drying out. Stir in ginger, jalapeno pepper, tomato, lemon juice, and turmeric.
- Heat oil in a small saucepan and add cumin seed and red chile pepper. When pepper is heated, add Asafoetida powder and garlic. Stir mixture into split peas and add cilantro; mix well.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 329.9 calories, Carbohydrate 57.1 g, Fat 3 g, Fiber 14.5 g, Protein 21.1 g, SaturatedFat 0.6 g, Sodium 667.3 mg, Sugar 5.8 g
More about "dal soup recipes"
DAHL SOUP RECIPE (EASY + AUTHENTIC) | THE ANTI-CANCER …
3.9/5 (12)Category Cancer-Fighting Main CoursesCuisine EuropeanTotal Time 30 mins
10 BEST INDIAN DAL SOUP RECIPES | YUMMLY
MOONG DAL SOUP - MANJULA'S KITCHEN - INDIAN VEGETARIAN RECIPES
RED LENTIL DAHL SOUP RECIPE - VEGAN IN THE FREEZER
CHANA DAL SOUP (SPLIT CHICKPEA SOUP) – MY FAVOURITE PASTIME
RED LENTIL DAL SOUP - WHOLE FOOD PLANT-BASED RECIPES
EASY MASOOR DAL SOUP RECIPE - RANVEER BRAR
INDIAN DAL SOUP - BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
DAL SOUP RECIPE WITH MOONG DAL - SWASTHI'S RECIPES
INDIAN SPICED LENTIL SOUP (DAL SOUP) - ALL WAYS DELICIOUS
THE BEST DAL EVER | AMBITIOUS KITCHEN
FESTIVE DAL SOUP RECIPE | DR. MCDOUGALL
RED LENTIL DAL SOUP - BROOKLYN FARM GIRL
YELLOW LENTIL DAL SOUP – DAVID ROCCO
EASY RED LENTIL DAL SOUP - CONNOISSEURUS VEG
DAL SOUP - FOOD NETWORK
10 BEST TOOR DAL SOUP RECIPES | YUMMLY
INSTANT POT DAL SOUP (AND TOMATO-ONION COOKING MASALA RECIPE ...
DAL SHORBA RECIPE BY ARCHANA'S KITCHEN
YELLOW MUNG DAL SOUP - THE AYURVEDIC INSTITUTE
HEALTHY BLENDER DAL SOUP RECIPE | BLENDER BABES
DAL SOUP | RECIPE WITH VIDEO | KITCHEN STORIES
MASOOR DAL (INDIAN RED LENTILS) - THE DARING GOURMET
DRUMSTICK DAL SOUP RECIPE BY ARCHANA'S KITCHEN
THE BEST DAL EVER RECIPE - TODAY.COM
HEARTY DAL SOUP RECIPE | DR. MCDOUGALL
SIMPLE DAL SOUP - BCLIVING
URAD DAL SOUP WITH ONIONS AND GARLIC (VEGAN, GLUTEN-FREE)
DAL SOUP RECIPE - TARLA DALAL
DAL VEGETABLE SOUP, LENTIL VEGETABLE SOUP RECIPE - EDIBLE GARDEN
SPICY INDIAN LENTIL DAHL RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
RED LENTIL DAL RECIPE - SIMPLY RECIPES
DAL DHOKLI (LENTIL SOUP WITH HOMEMADE DUMPLINGS) - PIPING POT …
DAL (SPICED LENTIL SOUP) RECIPE - SERIOUS EATS
LENTIL SOUP, HOW TO MAKE DAL SOUP, TOOR DAL SOUP | VAHREHVAH
INDIAN DAL SOUP | INSTANT POT BLENDER RECIPE - TWOSLEEVERS
DHAL RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
EASY DAL (INDIAN LENTIL SOUP) | PICKLED PLUM
MOONG DAL SOUP RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE MOONG DAL SOUP RECIPE
HOW TO MAKE A SIMPLE RED LENTIL DAL RECIPE AT HOME
INDIAN SOUP DAHL : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
COMFORTING RED LENTIL SOUP (DAL SOUP) - LITTLE SPICE JAR
You'll also love