DAN DAN MIAN (DAN DAN NOODLES)
- For the crushed chili oil: Scorch the spices in the oil by heating the oil to smoking, then adding the Sichuan peppercorns, star anise, cinnamon, ginger and scallions. Cook until burned black, then remove with a slotted spoon. Add the crushed red pepper to the oil and stir until aromatic. Let cool to room temperature before storing in an airtight container.
- For the noodles: Cook the noodles in salted boiling water until al dente. Drain and reserve the cooking liquid.
- For the meat sauce: Coat a large, hot wok with oil, then add the ground pork. Cook, stirring, until medium-rare; remove from the wok and reserve.
- Swirl some more oil into the wok and add the garlic, chili bean sauce and 1 cup Chinese Chiu Chow Crushed Chili Oil. Cook until aromatic. Add back the pork and stir to combine. Season with Shaoxing wine, chicken base, hoisin and some black vinegar, and continue to cook until the meat is fully cooked and the wok has an aroma.
- Season with Sichuan chili oil, black pepper, soy sauce, sesame oil, and some of the noodle cooking liquid.
- For the peanut sauce: In a medium-hot wok, add the stock, peanut butter and vinegar, and mix until smooth. Taste and add more of each as desired.
- To finish: Dress the noodles with the peanut sauce and divide among 10 to 12 plates. Top with the meat sauce and garnish with the peanuts, sesame seeds and scallions. Serve immediately.
DAN DAN NOODLES
Recipe video above. The iconic spicy Sichuan Dan Dan Noodles, made at home! Am intensely flavoured spicy sesame chilli oil sauce tossed with noodles and pork. Don't be daunted by the list and steps, there's no need to rush. Cook and prepare all the parts except the noodles. Cook the noodles just before serving so they're piping hot because the idea is to toss hot noodles with the pork and sauce so the heat warms everything else up. That's the Dan Dan way!
Provided by Nagi
Number Of Ingredients 21
- Mix all ingredients except oil and chicken stock. Then gently stir in oil and stock - oil should be sitting on surface. Set aside.
- Mix together hoisin, soy, Chinese wine and five spice ("Sauce").
- Heat oil in a skillet or wok over high heat. Add pork and cook, breaking it up as you, until it changes from pink to white. Add Sauce and cook for 1 minute, then transfer into a bowl.
- Return skillet to stove, reduce to medium heat. Add oil into middle of skillet.
- Add Sui mi ya cai and stir for 30 seconds, just to warm through. Set aside.
- Bring a large pot of water to the boil. Cook noodles per packet directions.
- Add choi sum for last 1 minute of cooking.
- Ladle 1/4 of Dan Dan Sauce into a bowl. Pile in noodles, top with pork and Sui mi ya cai. Place choi sum on side.
- Sprinkle with peanuts and green onions and serve.
- To eat, mix it all up to coat the noodles well with Sauce, then devour!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 604 kcal, Carbohydrate 56 g, Protein 21 g, Fat 34 g, SaturatedFat 10 g, Cholesterol 41 mg, Sodium 1364 mg, Fiber 2 g, Sugar 5 g, ServingSize 1 serving
SPICY SZECHUAN NOODLES (DAN DAN MIAN)
- Combine meat mixture ingredients in small bowl.
- Work together well and let rest while preparing other ingredients.
- Whisk together sauce ingredients except broth until smooth.
- Add broth and whisk well.
- Boil 4 quarts of water.
- Heat 12 inch skillet over high heat until hot, about 2 minutes.
- Add peanut oil and swirl.
- Add meat mixture and cook, breaking up into small pieces until pork is well browned, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in ginger, garlic and red pepper flakes, cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add sauce mixture; whisk to combine and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium low and simmer while noodles are cooking.
- Just before serving stir in sesame oil.
- Drain noodles; divide into individual bowls, top with sauce.
- Sprinkle with scallions and bean sprouts as desired while eating.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 362.7, Fat 27.6, SaturatedFat 7.4, Cholesterol 40.9, Sodium 1345, Carbohydrate 11.3, Fiber 2.6, Sugar 4.5, Protein 18.8
DAN DAN MIAN - SICHUAN SPICY NOODLES
I wouldn't classify it as burning, but it was pretty tasty! The original recipe from here: http://appetiteforchina.com/recipes/dan-dan-mian-sichuan-spicy-noodles calls for waaaay too much salt. On top of the salt in the soy sauce and chicken stock, it says to add 3 whole teaspoons. I only added 2 and if I make it again, I'll only put in 1/2tsp. The recipe below reflects this.
Provided by Andrew Mollmann
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 5 bowls, 5 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Combine pork and soy sauce in a small bowl and mix well.
- Heat a wok or large skillet until hot. Stir-fry, stirring with a spatula to break it into small pieces. When the pork is lightly browned, about 3 minutes, remove and set aside.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. (This will be for the noodles.) While the water is heating, go to the next step.
- Reheat the wok (add oil if needed) and stir-fry the garlic, ginger, and onions until aromatic, about 1 minute.
- Add peanut butter, soy sauce, chilli oil, sesame oil, Sichuan pepper, salt, and chicken stock and simmer for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, when the pot of water has come to boil, toss in noodles and cook according to package directions. Drain well.
- To serve, divide noodles into individual bowls or put them all into a large bowl for sharing. Ladle the sauce on top, top with pork and chopped peanuts, and serve while hot.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 509.1, Fat 17, SaturatedFat 3.6, Cholesterol 40.4, Sodium 2219.8, Carbohydrate 60.5, Fiber 5.1, Sugar 2.5, Protein 29.3
VEGAN DAN DAN NOODLES WITH EGGPLANT
Sichuan dan dan noodles are traditionally made with ground pork, a spicy sauce and sui mi ya cai, or pickled vegetables, but this vegan version features pan-fried eggplant in place of the meat. Cutting the eggplant into relatively chunky pieces and covering the pot with a lid while cooking is the key to achieving the right texture: It locks in moisture, ensures that the pieces don't fall apart, and allows the flesh to become tender and smoky. Once tossed with the noodles and sauce, the eggplant breaks up and becomes creamy. If you don't have tahini, you can substitute it with smooth peanut butter or almond butter.
Provided by Hetty McKinnon
Categories dinner, weeknight, noodles, main course
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 19
- Make the sauce: Combine the soy sauce, black or rice vinegar, tahini, garlic, ginger, chile oil and granulated sugar in a bowl, and whisk to combine. Set aside.
- Slice the eggplant crosswise into ¾-inch-thick circles, then cut each circle into 1½- to 2-inch pieces. (They should be quite chunky.)
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Add the noodles and cook according to package instructions until al dente. Reserve 1/2 cup of the cooking water, then drain the noodles, rinse just for a few seconds to remove some of the starchy water (they should still be hot), and allow them to drain.
- Meanwhile, cook the eggplant: Heat a wok or large, deep-sided skillet over medium-high. When hot, add 2 tablespoons of neutral oil along with the eggplant, soy sauce, 1 teaspoon of salt and a pinch of black pepper, and toss well to combine. Cover with a lid and cook for 6 to 7 minutes, tossing every 60 seconds. If it starts to burn, reduce the heat to medium. The eggplant is ready when it is caramelized and cooked all the way through but still intact. (Don't let it get mushy.) Remove the lid, sprinkle with the ground Sichuan peppercorns (if using), the white parts of the scallions and the sugar, and season with ½ teaspoon of salt and a pinch of black pepper. Toss for 30 seconds and then turn off the heat.
- Add the reserved noodle cooking water to the bowl of sauce and whisk to combine. Divide the sauce among four serving bowls.
- Divide the noodles among the four bowls, on top of the sauce. Finish each bowl with eggplant, scallion greens, a few cilantro leaves and some peanuts.
- To eat, toss everything together so that the noodles and eggplant are well coated in the sauce. Serve topped with chile oil or crisp.
DAN DAN MIAN (DAN DAN NOODLES)
Dan dan noodles or dan dan mian are popular Sichuan street snack is named after the bamboo shoulder pole used to carry it.
Provided by Cecilia Chiang
Yield Serves 6-8 as part of a Chinese meal and 4-6 as a lunch, snack, or side dish
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Heat a large wok over high heat until a bead of water dances on the surface and then evaporates. Add the peanut oil and swirl to coat the pan. Add the ginger, garlic, and green onions and cook, stirring, just until fragrant. Add the pork and the preserved vegetable and stir until the meat loses its raw color, about 1 minute. Add the wine and cook for a few seconds to evaporate the alcohol and then add ½ cup of the chicken broth, soy sauce, chile oil, and vinegar. Bring the liquid to a boil and remove from heat.
- Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil. Remove the noodles from their packaging and fluff the strands to separate. Add the noodles to the boiling water. Let the pot come back up to a boil, then add the 2 cups cold water. Bring to a boil again and immediately drain the noodles. Shake the colander to drain the noodles well and then divide the noodles between the individual serving bowls.
- Top each serving of noodles with some spicy pork mixture and ladle over a bit of the remaining hot chicken broth. Place some of the blanched spinach on one side of the noodles and sprinkle with the chopped nuts and a little ground Sichuan peppercorns. Serve immediately.
More about "dan dan mian sichuan spicy noodles recipes"
SPICY SICHUAN NOODLES (DAN DAN MIAN) RECIPE
4/5 (42)Total Time 25 minsServings 4Calories 597 per serving
DAN DAN NOODLES (SICHUAN NOODLES WITH SPICY PORK …
SICHUAN DAN DAN NOODLES - MARION'S KITCHEN
SPICY SICHUAN NOODLES — DAN DAN MIAN | THE MILLSTONE
DAN DAN NOODLES: AUTHENTIC SICHUAN RECIPE - THE WOKS …
ATK SPICY SICHUAN NOODLES—DAN DAN MIAN - COPY ME …
SPICY SICHUAN-STYLE NOODLES | COOK'S ILLUSTRATED RECIPE
DAN DAN MIAN (SPICY SICHUAN NOODLES) | RECIPE | KITCHEN STORIES
4/5 (12)Calories 605 per servingCategory Chinese
SPICY SICHUAN NOODLES (DAN DAN MIAN) - COMPLETERECIPES.COM
DAN DAN MIAN - SICHUAN SPICY NOODLES - PLAIN.RECIPES
DAN DAN NOODLES (SPICY SICHUAN NOODLES) - EATFOODLICIOUS
DAN DAN MIAN (SICHUAN NOODLES WITH CHILI SAUCE AND PORK)
DAN DAN NOODLES RECIPE (AUTHENTIC VERSION) | KITCHN
SPICY SICHUAN NOODLES (DAN DAN MIAN) RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
DAN DAN MIAN NOODLE RECIPE - FORKS OVER KNIVES
SICHUAN DAN DAN NOODLES RECIPE - SIMPLE CHINESE FOOD
DAN DAN NOODLES - CHINA SICHUAN FOOD
SPICY DAN DAN NOODLES (WITH WONTONS!) - THAT SPICY CHICK
DAN DAN MIAN (NOODLES IN SPICY CHINESE PEANUT PORK SAUCE)
DAN DAN MIAN SICHUAN SPICY NOODLES RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
DAN DAN NOODLES (SPICY SICHUAN NOODLES, 担担面 ... - RED HOUSE …
EASY SZECHUAN DAN DAN NOODLES RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
SPICY SAUCE NOODLES (DAN DAN MIAN) - WOO CAN COOK
DANDAN MIAN - LONG POLE NOODLES - RECIPE | SPICE TREKKERS
VEGAN DAN DAN MIAN - SPICY SICHUAN NOODLES - CHEAP AND …
DAN DAN NOODLES – MY ROI LIST
DAN DAN NOODLES (担担面) - OMNIVORE'S COOKBOOK
SPICY SZECHUAN NOODLES (DAN DAN MIAN) - PLAIN.RECIPES
BEST DAN DAN NOODLES RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE DAN DAN NOODLES
THE BEST DAN DAN MIAN DAN DAN NOODLES RECIPE & VIDEO
SZECHUAN DAN DAN NOODLES // VIDEO - THE SUBURBAN SOAPBOX
SICHUAN-INSPIRED DAN DAN NOODLES RECIPE (DAN DAN MIAN)
DAN DAN MIAN (DAN DAN NOODLES) RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
DAN DAN NOODLES - CINNAMON SOCIETY
SPICY SICHUAN NOODLES—DAN DAN MIAN | COOK'S ILLUSTRATED
EASY DAN DAN NOODLES RECIPE - TAKES TWO EGGS
DAN DAN NOODLES RECIPE - BBC FOOD
DAN DAN NOODLES - BESTCOOKINGGUIDE.COM
EASY DAN DAN NOODLES - SPICY SICHUAN RECIPE | WHITNEYBOND.COM
SPICY SICHUAN DAN DAN NOODLES WITH TOFU AND SPINACH - SUNBASKET
DAN DAN MIAN - COOK'S ILLUSTRATED | RECIPES THAT WORK
You'll also love