PUFF PASTRY DANISHES
Even though they're simple to make, these jam-filled pastries are right at home in a holiday brunch spread. They were my dad's favorite, so the recipe will always be close to my heart. -Chellie Helmke, Jackson Center, Ohio
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 1-1/2 dozen
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Preheat oven to 425°. Beat first 4 ingredients until smooth; beat in 1 egg yolk., Mix water and remaining egg yolk. On a lightly floured surface, unfold each sheet of puff pastry; roll into a 12-in. square. Cut each into nine 4-in. squares; transfer to parchment-lined baking sheets., Top each square with 1 tablespoon cream cheese mixture and 1 rounded teaspoon jam. Bring 2 opposite corners of pastry over filling, sealing with yolk mixture. Brush tops with remaining yolk mixture., Bake until golden brown, 14-16 minutes. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 197 calories, Fat 12g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 33mg cholesterol, Sodium 130mg sodium, Carbohydrate 20g carbohydrate (3g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 3g protein.
ALMOND DANISH PUFF
This is yet another of my family's recipes. My mom used to make this every Christmas morning. It was and is a special treat that I hope to carry on with my family. This recipe came from an old Betty Crocker cookbook. Glaze recipe for the puff follows the instructions.
Provided by Mom2Rose
Yield 10 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Heat oven to 350ºF.
- Cut 1/2 cup softened butter into 1 cup flour, using pastry blender or crisscrossing 2 knives, until particles are size of coarse crumbs.
- Sprinkle 2 tablespoons water over mixture; mix with fork.
- Gather pastry into ball; divide in half.
- Pat each half into rectangle, 12x3 inches, about 3 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Heat remaining 1/2 cup butter and 1 cup water to rolling boil in 2-quart saucepan; remove from heat.
- Quickly stir in almond extract and 1 cup flour.
- Stir vigorously over low heat about 1 minute or until mixture forms a ball; remove from heat.
- Add eggs; beat until smooth. Spread half of the topping over each rectangle.
- Bake about 1 hour or until topping is crisp and brown; remove from pan to wire rack. Cool completely.
- Spread with Creamy Almond Glaze; sprinkle with almonds.
- Creamy Almond Glaze:
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar; 2-3 tbsp butter, softened; 1/2 to 1 tsp almond extract; 1-2 tbsp warm water or milk.
- Mix all ingredients until smooth and spreadable and glaze the Danish puff.
I remember Mom making this cream puff variation for special occasions. -Susan Garoutte, Georgetown, Texas
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 16 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place flour in a bowl; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle with water; toss with a fork until dough holds together when pressed. Divide dough in half. On greased baking sheets, press each portion into 12x3-in. rectangle., For topping, in a saucepan, heat butter and water to a rolling boil. Add flour and salt all at once and beat until blended. Cook over low heat, stirring vigorously until mixture pulls away from sides of pan and forms a ball. Remove from heat; let stand 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition until smooth. Add extract; continue beating until mixture is smooth and shiny. Spread half of the mixture over each rectangle., Bake until puffed and golden brown, about 1 hour. Cool on pans 10 minutes., Mix first four icing ingredients until smooth; spread over warm pastries. Sprinkle with almonds.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 247 calories, Fat 15g fat (9g saturated fat), Cholesterol 69mg cholesterol, Sodium 154mg sodium, Carbohydrate 24g carbohydrate (11g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 4g protein.
DANISH ALMOND PUFF
My mom used to make this Almond Puff every year for Christmas. It is very elegant and pretty--and surprisingly easy to make. I almost always have every ingredient already in my cupboard. I made it myself for the first time and my husband loved it. I'm planning to make it for his mom when she comes to visit. This is a fun one to share.
Provided by WarringEagle
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Place 1 cup of flour in a medium bowl. Mix in butter using a fork or a pastry blender. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of water over, and stir with a fork until dough comes together. Divide into two balls. Pat dough into two long strips on an ungreased baking sheet, about 14 inches long and 3 inches wide. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a saucepan, combine 1/2 cup of butter and 1 cup of water. Bring to a rolling boil. Add 1 teaspoon of almond extract and remove from the heat. Immediately stir in 1 cup of flour until the mixture pulls away from the sides of the pan. Gradually stir in the eggs until well blended. Divide evenly, and spread over the two crusts on the baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden, about 1 hour. Allow to cool almost to room temperature before frosting.
- To make the frosting, mix together the confectioners' sugar, 1 teaspoon of almond extract and a splash of milk in a small bowl until smooth. Add more milk if necessary to make a pourable glaze. Drizzle over the Danish, and decorate with candy sprinkles if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 423.8 calories, Carbohydrate 42 g, Cholesterol 130.9 mg, Fat 25.9 g, Fiber 0.8 g, Protein 5.9 g, SaturatedFat 15.2 g, Sodium 192.7 mg, Sugar 17.9 g
DANISH PUFFS (BISQUICK)
A classic recipe made even easier! These mini cake-like muffins take only a few minutes to put together. The Bisquick makes for a crusty top with a fluffy inside.
Provided by Cricket
Categories Quick Breads
Yield 2 dozen
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Stir together muffin batter ingredients for 30 seconds.
- Bake at 400 degrees in greased mini-muffin tin for 10-12 minutes.
- Cool slightly and roll tops of muffins in melted butter, then cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Makes 24 mini muffins.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1123.3, Fat 57.9, SaturatedFat 28.9, Cholesterol 208.2, Sodium 1841.5, Carbohydrate 137.9, Fiber 2.9, Sugar 72.5, Protein 15.2
You can serve this double-textured pastry as a bread or dessert. What an elegant addition to a brunch buffet table!
Provided by By Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Heat oven to 350°F. Place 1 cup flour in medium bowl. Cut in 1/2 cup softened butter, using pastry blender (or pulling 2 table knives through ingredients in opposite directions), until particles are size of coarse crumbs. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons water over mixture; toss with fork.
- Gather pastry into a ball; divide in half. Pat each half into 12x3-inch rectangle, about 3 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- In 2-quart saucepan, heat 1/2 cup butter and 1 cup water to rolling boil; remove from heat. Quickly stir in almond extract and 1 cup flour. Stir vigorously over low heat about 1 minute or until mixture forms a ball; remove from heat. Add eggs; beat until smooth. Spread half of the topping over each rectangle.
- Bake about 1 hour or until topping is crisp and brown; remove from pan to cooling rack. Cool completely.
- In medium bowl, mix all glaze ingredients except nuts until smooth and spreadable. Spread over top of pastry; sprinkle with nuts.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 380, Carbohydrate 38 g, Cholesterol 120 mg, Fat 4 1/2, Fiber 0 g, Protein 5 g, SaturatedFat 14 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 170 mg, Sugar 18 g, TransFat 1 g
More about "danish puffs recipes"
EASY CHEESE DANISH RECIPE (VIDEO) - NATASHASKITCHEN.COM
5/5 (22)Calories 329 per servingCategory Easy
- Thaw puff pastry according to package instructions. Preheat Oven to 400˚F with a rack in the center of the oven. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or silpat liner.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine 8 oz of softened cream cheese, 1/4 cup sugar, 1 egg yolk, 1/2 tsp vanilla extract and 1 tsp lemon zest. Beat together on medium/high speed until creamy and smooth.
DANISH PUFF RECIPE - ANN'S ENTITLED LIFE
Estimated Reading Time 4 mins See details »
YUMMY AND EASY APPLE DANISH RECIPE | EAZY PEAZY DESSERTS
Category DessertCalories 450 per serving
- In a saucepan, mix apples with lemon juice, melted butter, sugar, salt, nutmeg, cinnamon, corn starch and vanilla extract. Cook over high heat until bubbly then turn the heat to low and cook until you get a jelly like texture. While cooking, press the apples with a potato masher to mash into a puree.
- Make the crumbs by mixing the crumb ingredients with a spoon until crumbs are formed. You might need to add a bit more flour to get to the texture you like.
DANISH PUFF PASTRY | JOSIE + NINA | SWEETS
Reviews 6Category Brunch, DessertCuisine DanishEstimated Reading Time 6 mins
- Coat butter with flour. Mix in water with a fork like you would pie crust. It will be quite shaggy or crumbly. You can mix in a mixer but don't over mix.
- Add water and butter to a medium saucepan over medium heat. Heat until the mixture comes to a low boil. Turn off the heat and add the almond extract.
- While pastry is baking, whip the butter in a mixing bowl until smooth. Add 1/2 the sugar and beat some more and then then add 1/2 the milk. Repeat finishing with the milk.
THE EASIEST BLUEBERRY CHEESE DANISH WITH PUFF PASTRY ...
Ratings 5Category Breakfast, DessertCuisine American, FrenchTotal Time 31 mins
- Place the blueberries, granulated sugar and lemon juice in a medium sauce pan and cook over medium heat for about 15 minutes or until the mixture thickens. Make sure to stir the jam from time to time to make sure it cooks evenly. Put it aside.
- While the blueberry jam is cooking, thaw your puff pastry, preheat the oven to 400F, and line your baking sheet with parchement paper then set aside.
GLUTEN FREE DANISH PUFF PASTRY RECIPE - GFJULES
4.5/5 (24)Category BreakfastCuisine DanishTotal Time 5 hrs 5 mins See details »
DANISH PUFF ... AN EASY ALMOND KRINGLE RECIPE! | HELLO ...
4.8/5 (12)Total Time 1 hr 15 minsCategory DessertCalories 247 per serving
- Combine 1 cup flour and 1/2 cup butter in a medium bowl; blend with fork until mixture is the size of coarse crumbs.
- Place powdered sugar, butter, vanilla, and salt in a medium bowl. Add 1 tablespoon of water at a time; stirring until completely smooth. Add more water only if needed. (The glaze should be easily spreadable, but not runny.)
RECIPE FOR DANISH DREAM PUFFS (FLøDEBOLLER) - THE BEST RECIPE!
4.8/5 (5)Category DessertCuisine DanishTotal Time 2 hrs 45 mins
- Add the hot and boiling water/sugar mixture very slowly to the stiff egg whites while constantly whisking. Continue whisking for about 15 minutes. The result should be an airy, fluffy and slight stiff mixture.
DANISH CREAM PUFFS RECIPE | LAND O’LAKES
5/5 (3)Servings 12Cuisine ScandinavianCalories 130 per serving
- Combine water, butter and salt in heavy 2-quart saucepan. Cook over medium heat 5-10 minutes or until mixture just comes to a full boil. Stir in flour vigorously 1 minute or until mixture forms ball. Remove from heat. Cool mixture 10 minutes. Beat in eggs, one at a time, until smooth.
- Drop dough by 1/4 cupfuls, 3 inches apart, onto ungreased baking sheet. Bake 30-35 minutes or until puffed and lightly browned. Pierce each puff gently with fork to allow steam to escape. Cool completely.
FLøDEBOLLER (DANISH CHOCOLATE-COVERED MARSHMALLOW PUFFS ...
Ratings 5Category DessertCuisine DanishEstimated Reading Time 8 mins
- In the bowl of a completely clean stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, beat the egg whites with the cream of tartar on high speed until firm peaks form.
- In a double boiler set to medium low heat, melt 2/3 of the dark chocolate with the vegetable oil. Heat, stirring often, until completely melted and smooth. Remove from heat and stir in the remaining 1/3 chocolate until melted and smooth.
AEBLESKIVER | DANISH PANCAKES - HOUSE OF NASH EATS
4.9/5 (26)Category BreakfastCuisine EuropeanTotal Time 20 mins
- In a separate, large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda, and sugar. Stir well, then add the egg yolks, melted butter and buttermilk and mix just until combined.
- Heat your aebleskiver pan over medium heat until hot. Brush each cup with a little melted butter using a pastry brush, then fill each cup with about 2 tablespoons of batter until almost full.
DANISH PUFF – 5 BOYS BAKER
5/5 (1)Category DessertsServings 12-15Total Time 1 hr 30 mins
- In a medium size bowl add flour and 1/2 cup softened butter. Using a pastry blender or 2 table knives, cut butter into flour until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons water over mixture and mix together with a fork. Gather pastry into a ball and divide in half. Pat each half into a 12×3-inch rectangle, about 3 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- In 2-quart saucepan, heat 1/2 cup butter and 1 cup water to rolling boil, remove from heat. Quickly stir in almond extract and 1 cup flour. Return to heat and stir vigorously over low heat about 1 minute, or until mixture forms a ball; remove from heat. Add eggs and beat until smooth. Spread half of the topping over each rectangle.
- Bake about 1 hour or until topping is crisp and brown; remove from pan to cooling rack. Cool completely then spread glaze on top.
CHEESE DANISH - SUGAR SPUN RUN
5/5 (20)Calories 532 per servingCategory Breakfast, Dessert
- Divide puff pastry into 2 even parts (If using homemade puff pastry I’ll usually cut this width-wise, if using store-bought dough it will already be divided into two even sheets for you).
PUFF PASTRY CREAM CHEESE DANISHES | CHOCOLATE WITH GRACE
4.8/5 (11)Total Time 35 minsEstimated Reading Time 4 minsCalories 119 per serving
- Prepare the filling. Beat the cream cheese and sugar in a medium bowl until smooth. Beat in the egg yolk, lemon juice and vanilla until combined. Set aside. You will have a bit of filling left over, you can decide what to do with it or only make 2/3 of a batch if math is your thing.
- Preheat the oven to 400 F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Roll each puff pastry sheet into a 12 x 12 inch square. Cut each into 9 pieces. Prick with a fork several times in the center. Beat the egg white and water together and brush onto each puff pastry square.
- Place a scant tablespoon of cream cheese filling onto each square and then a teaspoon of your choice of jam, jelly or chocolate chips.
DANISH PASTRY | BREAKFAST RECIPES | GOODTOKNOW
3.6/5 (280)Category Breakfast,SnackServings 8Total Time 30 mins See details »
PEACH DANISH WITH FRESH PEACH & PUFF PASTRY | EAZY PEAZY ...
Cuisine DanishTotal Time 30 minsCategory Dessert See details »
7 BEST DANISH PUFF RECIPE IDEAS | PUFF PASTRY RECIPES ...
7 followers See details »
EASY CHERRY CHEESE DANISH - 2 SISTERS RECIPES BY ANNA AND LIZ
Servings 6Total Time 33 minsCategory Breakfast Breads And LattesCalories 269 per serving See details »
DANISH PUFFS - RECIPES | COOKS.COM
See details »
DANISH PUFF PASTRY RECIPE. THIS DELICIOUS DANISH PUFF ...
See details »
HOW TO MAKE A CHEESE DANISH | EASY CHEESE DANISH RECIPE ...
See details »
DANISH PUFFS (BISQUICK) RECIPE - FOOD.COM | RECIPE ...
See details »
time-to-make course main-ingredient cuisine preparation occasion north-american for-large-groups breads desserts eggs-dairy american oven easy fall finger-food holiday-event kid-friendly vegetarian grains eggs dietary seasonal midwestern free-of-something pasta-rice-and-grains taste-mood equipment number-of-servings presentation 4-hours-or-less
You'll also love