DELICIOUS LEMON TART
I found this recipe in The Frugal Gourmet Celebrates Christmas. He calls it "Nellie's Lemon Tart" and credits a friend of his from Toulouse, France for gifting him this recipe as his favorite. It sounds absolutely scrumtious to me - but then I love lemon desserts to cap off a meal!! I estimated on the prep times, which include chill times, some cooks may be faster than I am in the kitchen!!
Recipe From food.com
Provided by Mommy Diva
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- To start the dough, cream together the butter and confectioners' sugar using a mixer.
- Add the flour and mix until consistency becomes course/grainy.
- Place dough in a ziplock bag and chill for 30 minutes.
- Press and form dough into 10-inch tart pan covering bottom and sides.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then remove and cool.
- Reduce oven heat to 350 degrees and hold to wait for tart.
- Next, blend together the granulated sugar and the eggs.
- Mix in the lemon juice, grated lemon peel, and butter, combine well.
- Put tart pan on a cookie sheet for stability and pour the filling mix into the tart shell.
- Using a potato peeler, peel the outer rind off another lemon so that only the white "pith" (thin layer) remains.
- Make 8 thin slices from that lemon and place them carefully on the tart.
- Place tart on tray in oven and bake for 35 minutes ( at 350 degrees).
- Remove from oven and sprinkle granulated sugar on the lemon slices.
- Increase oven to high broil and place tart back in oven on the top rack allowing to brown lightly on top.
- **WATCH THIS CLOSELY as you can easily burn the crust or the tart.***.
- Cool tart completely before serving.
- Enjoy! ;).
- ***Hint- a culinary torch/ creme brylee torch could be used to brown the top of the tart if desired**.
THE BEST LEMON TART EVER
- Combine butter, 1/2 cup sugar, vanilla extract, and salt in the mixing bowl of a stand mixer; mix ingredients thoroughly with a paddle attachment. Mix flour into butter mixture to make a smooth dough. Press dough into a 9-inch tart pan; refrigerate crust for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Bake crust until light golden brown, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Whisk sugar, eggs, lemon zest, lemon juice, and 1/2 cup flour in a bowl until smooth. Pour lemon filling into crust. Cover edges of crust with strips of aluminum foil to prevent burning.
- Bake tart until filling is set, about 20 minutes. Cool completely and dust with confectioners' sugar.
celebrity time-to-make course main-ingredient cuisine preparation occasion pies-and-tarts tarts desserts fruit french european holiday-event romantic inexpensive citrus lemon novelty taste-mood sweet 4-hours-or-less
More recipes about "delicious lemon tart recipes"
2011-10-12 · This recipe is actually a combination of two different recipes. The filling for the lemon tart comes from a lemon slice recipe by Belinda Jeffrey. I'd made Belinda's lemon …
See details ››
2013-08-23 · Instructions To make the pastry, combine the butter, icing sugar, flour and lemon …
See details ››