DEVIL'S FOOD CUPCAKES WITH CHOCOLATY FROSTING
I begged my aunt for this recipe when I was 16 years old, and it's still my very favorite. The silly monster eyes give these devilish cupcakes some Halloween fun! They are always on my husband's short list for special desserts. -Dawn Koestner, St. Louis Park, Minnesota
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 2 dozen.
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line 24 muffin cups with paper liners. Place chocolate in a small bowl. Pour hot coffee over chocolate; whisk until smooth. Cool to lukewarm., In a large bowl, beat sugar, oil, egg and coffee mixture until well blended. In another bowl, whisk flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; add to coffee mixture alternately with buttermilk, beating well after each addition., Fill prepared cups two-thirds full. Bake 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely., For frosting, place chocolate chips in a large bowl. In a small saucepan, bring cream and corn syrup just to a boil. Pour over chocolate; stir with a whisk until smooth. Stir in vanilla. Cool to room temperature, stirring occasionally. Refrigerate, covered, until completely cold., Beat chocolate mixture on medium speed just until fluffy (do not overbeat). Immediately spread over cupcakes. For monster eyes, trim both ends of each gumdrop. Attach a chocolate chip to one end; attach gumdrop to lollipop. Insert into cupcakes. Refrigerate cupcakes until serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 308 calories, Fat 17g fat (7g saturated fat), Cholesterol 29mg cholesterol, Sodium 233mg sodium, Carbohydrate 40g carbohydrate (29g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 3g protein.
DEVIL'S FOOD CUPCAKES
We mixed sour cream into the batter to add moistness and a subtle tang. Silky smooth ganache makes a rich topping; other options include seven-minute frosting and cream-cheese frosting. The chocolate curls are easily made with a few strokes of a vegetable peeler.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Yield Makes 32
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line standard muffin tins with paper liners. Whisk together cocoa and hot water until smooth. In another bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Melt butter with sugar in a saucepan over medium-low heat, stirring to combine. Remove from heat, and pour into a mixing bowl. With an electric mixer on medium-low speed, beat until mixture is cooled, 4 to 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating until each is incorporated, scraping down sides of bowl as needed. Add vanilla, then cocoa mixture, and beat until combined. Reduce speed to low. Add flour mixture in two batches, alternating with the sour cream, and beating until just combined after each.
- Divide batter evenly among lined cups, filling each three- quarters full. Bake, rotating tins halfway through, until a cake tester inserted in centers comes out clean, about 20 minutes. Transfer tins to wire racks to cool 15 minutes; turn out cupcakes onto racks and let cool completely. Cupcakes can be stored overnight at room temperature, or frozen up to 2 months, in airtight containers.
- To finish, use a small offset spatula to spread cupcakes with frosting.
DEVIL'S FOOD CUPCAKES WITH CHOCOLATE GANACHE FROSTING
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees. Line the bottom of two 12-cup muffin tins with paper liners.
- Melt chocolate in a double boiler over simmering water. In a bowl, stir baking soda into the boiling water; stir this mixture into chocolate. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Using an electric mixer, cream butter and sugar until the mixture is light and pale yellow in color. Add eggs, one at a time, and continue to mix until thoroughly incorporated. Add flour and buttermilk, alternating between small amounts of each, and blend well.
- Add the melted chocolate and vanilla to the batter, and stir well. Pour the batter into the paper cups, and bake until a cake tester comes out clean when inserted into the center of a cupcake, about 30 minutes. Remove cupcakes from the oven, and allow them to cool briefly in the muffin tin before removing them to a wire rack to cool completely. Ice, and serve.
CHOCOLATE DEVIL'S FOOD CUPCAKES
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Whisk together boiling water and cocoa. Cover and set aside. With a mixer, cream together the butter, sugar, salt and vanilla extract. Add the eggs, 1 at a time, and continue creaming until light and fluffy. Sift together the flour, baking soda and baking powder and add this mixture, alternately with the buttermilk. Add cocoa and water mixture and mix until thoroughly combined. Scoop into cupcake pans and bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Let cool completely before decorating. Dip tops of cooled cupcakes in the warm ganache and let set. Pipe more ganache on top for decoration. To fill, put buttercream in a pastry bag with a small round tip. Stick tip into the center of each cupcake and pipe in filling. Be careful not to pipe too much or you will break the cupcake. Serve.
- Chop chocolate and place in a stainless steel or glass bowl. Bring cream and sugar just to a boil in a small saucepan and then pour over chocolate. Whisk together and then stir in butter until melted.
- Whisk together the egg whites and sugar in a stainless steel bowl. Place bowl in a water bath set over low heat. Whisk occasionally until sugar is dissolved and mixture is very warm, about 150 degrees F. Remove from water bath and whip with a hand-held mixer on high speed until stiff peaks. Lower speed and add the butter in small pieces. Add vanilla and violet essence and mix until smooth. Add violet color, 1 drop at a time, until desired shade is reached. Use to fill cupcakes as directed above.
DEVIL'S FOOD CUPCAKES WITH CHOCOLATE ICING
- Place rack in center of oven and preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place a cupcake liner into each section of an 8-cupcake tin. Whisk together flours, cocoa, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl and reserve. Combine sour cream and buttermilk in a small bowl and reserve. Combine butter, oil and brown sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer and mix on high speed, scraping down sides of bowl, until sugar has dissolved and mixture is light in color, about 1 minute. Add egg and egg white and beat an additional 1 minute. Add 1/3 of flour-cocoa mixture, then 1/3 sour cream buttermilk mixture, mixing well after each addition. Repeat with remaining dry and wet ingredients. Distribute batter evenly among 8 cupcake tins. Bake for 15 to 17 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into cupcake comes out clean. Let cupcakes cool slightly, transfer to wire racks and cool completely, 10 to15 minutes.
- Combine confectioners' sugar and milk in a small saucepan and heat over low heat until sugar is dissolved. Add chocolate and stir until melted and icing is the consistency of thick pancake batter; add more milk if necessary. While still warm, top each cupcake with 1 1/2 to 2 teaspoons icing. Let icing harden completely, about 10 minutes.
- Place cream cheese in a small microwave-save bowl and microwave on high for approximately 10 to 15 seconds, until cream cheese is melted but before it begins to bubble. Add confectioners' sugar and stir until sugar is dissolved. Let mixture cool slightly and transfer to a small plastic bag. Snip just the very bottom corner of the bag, then force icing to bottom of bag. Pipe a squiggle of icing down the center of each cupcake.
DEVIL'S FOOD CUPCAKES
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Line 2 muffin tins with 16 paper muffin cases. Whisk together 175ml boiling water with the cocoa powder in a medium-sized bowl until smooth. Allow the mixture to cool until it reaches room temperature (put it in the freezer to speed it up), then whisk it with the eggs and vanilla.
- In an electric mixer, combine the flour, salt, bicarbonate of soda and sugar. Mix on a low speed for 30 secs, then add one-third of the cocoa liquid and softened butter. Keep mixing on a low speed, then turn up to medium high and beat for 1 min. Add the remaining liquid in 3 batches, beating each one for 30 secs. Scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl with a spatula and mix one more time. Fill the cupcake liners three-quarters full and bake for 20 mins, then remove and let them cool in the tin.
- To make the frosting, beat the butter and cream cheese for 2-3 mins until creamy, then add the vanilla. While still mixing, pour in the sugar in 4 batches, beating each time to fully combine. Beat for a further min, then chill for 2 hrs.
- Swirl the frosting over the cooled cupcakes and decorate with silver balls or whatever you like.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 388 calories, Fat 20 grams fat, SaturatedFat 12 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 53 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 43 grams sugar, Fiber 1 grams fiber, Protein 3 grams protein, Sodium 0.39 milligram of sodium
DEVIL'S FOOD CUPCAKES
Based on a recipe from Cook's Country magazine, February/March 2006. Makes 24 cupcakes, although it can be easily halved. The editors say, "If you don't have bar or block chocolate on hand, use semisweet chips in the cake and frosting." I frost these using recipe #414787 or recipe #414801. Did you know that unfrosted cupcakes can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days? They may also be individually wrapped in plastic and frozen in a zipper-lock bag for up to 1 month.
Provided by mersaydees
Yield 24 cupcakes
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Place oven rack in lower-middle position and heat oven to 350° degrees. Line 2 standard muffin tins with cupcake liners.
- In small bowl whisk together boiling water, cocoa, chocolate, and espresso powder.
- In medium bowl whisk eggs, sour cream, and vanilla together until well combined.
- Using electric mixer on low speed, combine flour, baking soda, salt, granulated sugar, and brown sugar in large bowl until blended. Incorporate butter by mixing it in on low speed, about 1 minute. Add egg mixture in 2 additions, then beat at medium speed, scraping down sides of bowl as needed, until combined, about 1 minute.
- Add chocolate mixture and beat at medium speed until incorporated, about 1 minute.
- Divide batter evenly among the prepared 24 cupcake liners.
- Bake until tester inserted in cupcake comes out with a few moist crumbs attached, about 20 minutes.
- Cool cupcakes in muffin tins for 10 minutes before removing and cooling completely on wire rack.
- Frost using recipe #414787 (White Chocolate Frosting) or recipe #414801 (Dark Chocolate Frosting) if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 202.2, Fat 12.7, SaturatedFat 7.6, Cholesterol 54.7, Sodium 123, Carbohydrate 22.2, Fiber 1.8, Sugar 13.3, Protein 3.2
More about "devils food cupcakes with chocolate ganache frosting recipes"
DEVIL'S FOOD CUPCAKES WITH CHOCOLATE GANACHE FROSTING …
EASY DEVIL'S FOOD CUPCAKES WITH CHOCOLATE FROSTING RECIPE
THE BEST DEVIL’S FOOD CUPCAKE RECIPE
DOUBLE CHOCOLATE DEVIL’S FOOD CUPCAKES WITH VANILLA …
DEVIL’S FOOD CUPCAKES WITH PERFECT CHOCOLATE FROSTING
DEVIL'S FOOD CUPCAKES WITH FRESH MINT CHOCOLATE …
DEVIL'S FOOD CUPCAKES + RICH CHOCOLATE FROSTING - IN …
DEVIL’S FOOD CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES - SHIRLGARD
DEVIL'S FOOD CUPCAKES - BROWNED BUTTER BLONDIE
DEVIL’S FOOD CUPCAKES WITH CHOCOLATE FROSTING 令人着 …
DEVIL'S FOOD CUPCAKES WITH FLUFFY FROSTING - TASTE AND …
DEVIL’S FOOD CUPCAKES RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
DEVIL'S FOOD CUPCAKES WITH DARK CHOCOLATE FROSTING …
DEVIL'S FOOD CUPCAKES WITH CREAM CHEESE ICING
DECADENT DEVIL'S FOOD CAKE CUPCAKES - WINDY CITY BAKER
DEVIL’S FOOD CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES - VERMONT CREAMERY
DEVIL'S FOOD CAKE WITH CHOCOLATE GANACHE - PANTRY NO. 7
DEVIL’S FOOD CUPCAKES WITH DARK CHOCOLATE FROSTING - YOUTUBE
CHOCOLATE CUPCAKE RECIPE STUFFED WITH GANACHE AND FROSTED
DEVIL'S FOOD CUPCAKES WITH CHOCOLATE GANACHE FROSTING USING
DEVIL'S FOOD CAKE RECIPE 9X13 - THERESCIPES.INFO
DEVIL'S FOOD CUPCAKES W/CHOCOLATE GANACHE FROSTING
DEVIL'S FOOD CUPCAKES RECIPE | EPICURIOUS
DEVIL’S FOOD CUPCAKES WITH WHIPPED CHOCOLATE GANACHE FROSTING
DEVIL'S FOOD CUPCAKES WITH GANACHE FROSTING | OREGONIAN RECIPES
DEVILS FOOD CUPCAKES WITH CHOCOLATE FROSTING - MY STORY IN RECIPES
DEVIL'S FOOD CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES WITH DARK CHOCOLATE FROSTING
DEVIL'S FOOD CUPCAKES RECIPE - NYT COOKING
DEVIL'S FOOD CUPCAKES WITH TWO INGREDIENT CHOCOLATE BUTTERCREAM
DEVIL’S FOOD CHOCOLATE CAKE WITH GANACHE FROSTING - FRESH LIVING
DEVIL'S FOOD CUPCAKES RECIPE - QUICK AND SIMPLE RECIPES
HALLOWEEN DEVIL'S FOOD CUPCAKES WITH BUTTERCREAM FROSTING
BEST DEVIL'S FOOD CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES - STYLE SWEET
DOUBLE CHOCOLATE STRAWBERRY CUPCAKES | FOODTALK
CHOCOLATE DEVIL’S FOOD CUPCAKES WITH EASY VANILLA FROSTING
DEVIL'S FOOD CUPCAKES - RECIPE GIRL
DEVIL’S FOOD CUPCAKES WITH FLUFFY FROSTING - CUPCAKE DAILY BLOG
DEVILS FOOD CAKE RECIPE WITH GANACHE FROSTING- BAKER BETTIE
Devil's Food Cupcakes with Chocolate Ganache Frosting using Yolli Tulip Wrappers15K views-07:12
Martha Stewart Makes Chocolate Ganache | Martha Bakes S6E3 "Chocolate Ganache"45K views-22:53
Chocolate Cupcakes Recipe with Chocolate Ganache Frosting: How To: Dishin With Di # 156199K views-10:55
Devils food cupcakes with dark chocolate ganache buttercream41 views-08:49
Moist & Delicious Devil's Food Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Frosting!32 views-00:56
Chocolate Dipped Strawberry Cupcakes | Devil's food cake cupcake | Cream Cheese Frosting957 views-04:33
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you Frost a devil's food cupcake?Bake the devil's food cupcakes for about 18-20 minutes (about 25-30 for 9-inch rounds) or until a tester comes out clean. Allow to cool on a cake rack and then frost with cream cheese icing (recipe follows). Cream Cheese Icing: Combine all the ingredients in a medium sized bowl and cream together until smooth.
What is a devil’s food cupcake?A dark, rich devil’s food cupcake made moist and tender thanks to a generous dose of buttermilk. Topped with heaps […] A dark, rich devil’s food cupcake made moist and tender thanks to a generous dose of buttermilk. Topped with heaps of chocolate fudge buttercream and festive sprinkles perfect for any occasion.
How long to bake Devil’s Food Cupcakes?Bake the devil’s food cupcakes for about 18-20 minutes or until a tester comes out clean. Allow to cool on a cake rack and then frost with cream cheese icing.
How do you make deep chocolate cupcakes with cream cheese?These deep chocolate cupcakes with a dark chocolate, cream cheese topping are light yet wonderfully chocolaty. In a mixing bowl whisk together the cocoa powder, instant coffee, brown sugar, and hot water. Set aside.