CAJUN DIRTY RICE
One of our family's all-time favorites. Make it as spicy or mild as you please. It is hearty on a cold winter's night. If you are cooking for a crowd, this recipe can easily be doubled. Be sure to serve this with cornbread!
Provided by SEISEN
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In a skillet over medium heat, brown the ground beef, sausage, and onion; drain.
- In a large pan, combine rice mix and 2 cups water. Add diced tomatoes and chilies. Stir in the kidney beans. Bring to a boil, then add meat mixture. Season with salt and pepper. Return to boil, reduce heat, and cover, stirring occasionally. Cook for 25 minutes, until rice is easily fluffed with a fork.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 484.8 calories, Carbohydrate 41.4 g, Cholesterol 72.3 mg, Fat 23.5 g, Fiber 7 g, Protein 26.2 g, SaturatedFat 9.6 g, Sodium 1541.4 mg, Sugar 0.6 g
CAJUN DIRTY RICE
- Bring rice, 1 3/4 cups water, and 1/2 teaspoon salt to a boil in a medium saucepan. Reduce heat to a simmer, cover, and cook until rice is tender, 15 minutes. Uncover, fluff with a fork, and set aside to cool.
- Combine broth, Worcestershire, soy sauce, paprika, and oregano and set aside. Heat a large skillet (preferably cast-iron) over high. Add 1 tablespoon oil and beef; season with salt. Cook, stirring occasionally to break up and brown meat all over, about 4 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon to a plate.
- Return skillet to high heat. Add remaining 2 tablespoons oil, onion, celery, bell pepper, and garlic. Sprinkle with salt. Cook, scraping brown bits from bottom of pan and stirring often so garlic doesn't burn, until just starting to soften, about 3 minutes. Add liver and cook, stirring occasionally, about 4 minutes. Add rice and cook, stirring occasionally until rice is heated through and browned in places, 3 minutes. Return beef to skillet and add broth mixture. Cook until liquid is completely absorbed and rice gets browned and crisp in places, stirring and scraping every 30 seconds, about 5 minutes more. Check seasoning. Serve with sliced jalapenos and hot sauce.
CAJUN DIRTY RICE | SLIMMING & WEIGHT WATCHERS FRIENDLY
- Cook the rice according to the packet instructions, adding a bay leaf and chicken stock cube to the water before cooking. Set the rice aside once cooked
- Add the stock pot to 200ml of boiling water and set aside (this isn't the water that you cook the rice in - this is separate)
- Spray a frying pan with low calorie cooking spray, then cook the mince, onions and bacon until brown
- Add the Cajun seasoning and Worcestershire sauce and stir
- Add the carrots, mushrooms, peppers, and the made up beef stock. Cook until the peppers start to soften
- Add the cooked rice and spring onion and stir until all the rice is coated
- Taste and add some more Cajun seasoning if it's not spicy enough
Nutrition Facts : Calories 369 kcal, Carbohydrate 45 g, Protein 11 g, Fat 2 g, SaturatedFat 1 g, Cholesterol 13 mg, Sodium 1076 mg, Fiber 2 g, Sugar 3 g, UnsaturatedFat 1.3 g, ServingSize 1 serving
LOUISIANA DIRTY RICE - CAJUN STYLE
Don't let the name keep you from trying this savory Louisiana classic. Dirty Rice is generally served as a side dish, but is fairly substantial and would make a satisfying main course for lunch or a light supper.
Provided by Alan in SW Florida
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 17
- In a medium saucepan, bring the gizzards, chicken broth, and water to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until the gizzards are tender, about 45 minutes. Reserving the broth, remove the gizzards, and when they are cool enough to handle, mince them and set them aside.
- In a Dutch oven or flameproof casserole, cook the bacon over medium heat until crisp, about 10 minutes. Reserving the fat in the pan, drain the bacon on paper towels; crumble and set aside.
- In the bacon fat, saute the gizzards over medium heat until browned, about 5 minutes.
- Add the green and red bell peppers, the onion, scallions, carrots, parsley, garlic, salt, pepper, and cayenne. Cook over medium heat until vegetables have softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the rice and reserved broth. Increase the heat to medium-high and bring to a boil. Stir once, reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until the rice is tender, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the chicken livers and saute until firm, about 5 minutes. Let the livers cool slightly, then coarsely chop them. Toss the chicken livers and bacon with the rice. Cover and let sit for 10 minutes before serving.
DIRTY (CAJUN) RICE
This is a recipe I developed by trying to duplicate a rice dish from a restaurant. It ended up being very simple and quick. It came very close to the original. Some folks even say it's better.
Provided by Pepina Rae
Yield 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Cook rice.
- While rice is cooking, chop onions into 1/4" pieces separating the bottoms from the tops.
- Sauté the bottoms along with the loose sausage until cooked thoroughly, about 15-20 minutes.
- Then add 1/2 bouillon cube and 1/4 cup water and mix thoroughly. Turn off heat.
- Add onion tops and toss so that residual heat will take the bite out of the onions.
- Mix rice with meat mixture and serve.
- NOTE: The amount of onions are to taste, but do not use less than 2 bunches. The Cajun seasoning is also to taste. Do not add salt, as the bouillon and Cajun seasoning take care of the saltiness. Enjoy!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 504.1, Fat 24.2, SaturatedFat 8.6, Cholesterol 57.6, Sodium 657, Carbohydrate 53.9, Fiber 2.8, Sugar 1, Protein 15.8
KE'S CAJUN (DIRTY) RICE
This is rice with a kick. It is best served with Cajun chicken or another Cajun dish. You will love how this complements your main dish; however, because this rice contains some meat, it can be eaten alone. Enjoy!
Provided by akatenacious3
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Bring 1 1/2 cup of water to a boil in a saucepan, and stir in the brown rice. Reduce the heat to a simmer, cover, and simmer until the rice is tender and the liquid has been absorbed, 40 to 50 minutes. Set the rice aside.
- Place ground turkey into a skillet over medium heat, and cook and stir the turkey until the meat gives up some of its fat, 2 to 3 minutes; stir in green bell pepper, onion, and minced garlic. Cook and stir until the turkey is crumbly and no longer pink and the vegetables are tender, 5 to 8 more minutes. Drain excess grease, if necessary. Stir in the cooked brown rice, garlic powder, celery flakes, Cajun seasoning, black pepper, and 1/3 cup water.
- Bring the mixture to a simmer, and cook until the liquid is absorbed, about 10 minutes. Season to taste with salt and additional black pepper, if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 141 calories, Carbohydrate 18.1 g, Cholesterol 27.9 mg, Fat 3.5 g, Fiber 1.2 g, Protein 9.4 g, SaturatedFat 0.9 g, Sodium 106.6 mg, Sugar 0.9 g
More about "dirty cajun rice recipes"
CLASSIC CAJUN DIRTY RICE RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
Ratings 120Calories 338 per servingCategory Side Dish, Entree, Dinner
DIRTY RICE (CAJUN RICE RECIPE) - GYPSYPLATE
5/5 (4)Total Time 35 minsCategory Side DishesCalories 425 per serving
HOW TO MAKE CAJUN DIRTY RICE | FIRST...YOU HAVE A BEER
HOW TO MAKE CAJUN DIRTY RICE - DON'T SWEAT THE RECIPE
DIRTY RICE - TOM KERRIDGE
DIRTY RICE RECIPE | JD SEASONINGS
HOW TO MAKE AUTHENTIC CAJUN DIRTY RICE - HOW TO FEED A …
CAJUN DIRTY RICE RECIPE - THE BALD CHEF
DIRTY CAJUN CAULIFLOWER "RICE" - THE DEFINED DISH - RECIPES
DIRTY RICE (CAJUN RICE) - TASTES BETTER FROM SCRATCH
DIRTY RICE | REALCAJUNRECIPES.COM: LA CUISINE DE MAW MAW
HOW TO MAKE CAJUN RICE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
DIRTY RICE - SPICY SOUTHERN KITCHEN
DIRTY RICE RECIPE - SERIOUS EATS
CLASSIC CAJUN DIRTY RICE - REALCAJUNRECIPES.COM
QUICK CAJUN DIRTY RICE RECIPE - GWEN'S NEST
EASY RICE COOKER CAJUN DIRTY RICE RECIPE - TABLE MATTERS
CAJUN DIRTY RICE (ONE POT RECIPE!) - NO SPOON NECESSARY
CAJUN DIRTY RICE - SOUTHERN MADE SIMPLE
DIRTY RICE (EASY, TASTY CAJUN-STYLE RICE DISH!) - BAKE IT WITH LOVE
CAJUN DIRTY RICE RECIPE - JULIAS SIMPLY SOUTHERN
DIRTY RICE RECIPE - CAJUN STYLE DIRTY RICE | HANK SHAW
CAJUN DIRTY RICE RECIPE - ERGO CHEF
CAJUN DIRTY RICE - PLAIN CHICKEN
VEGETARIAN CAJUN RICE (MEATLESS DIRTY RICE) - STREETSMART KITCHEN
CAJUN DIRTY RICE RECIPE
CAJUN DIRTY RICE RECIPE (KETO/LOWCARB) - EASY AND DELISH
EASY DIRTY RICE (CAJUN RICE) - LITTLE SUNNY KITCHEN
CLASSIC CAJUN DIRTY RICE WITH SAUSAGE | GRITSANDPINECONES.COM
CAJUN DIRTY RICE: EASY AND DELICIOUS - A YOUNIQUE JOURNEY
CAJUN DIRTY RICE - DEEP SOUTH DISH
BEST STOP CAJUN DIRTY RICE DRESSING RECIPE
DIRTY RICE (CAJUN RICE RECIPE) + VIDEO | KEVIN IS COOKING
CAJUN DIRTY RICE RECIPE – THE BALD CHEF
HOW TO MAKE EASY DIRTY RICE RECIPE | THE RECIPE CRITIC
DIRTY RICE - GREAT CAJUN SIDE DISH - CHILI PEPPER MADNESS
AUTHENTIC CAJUN DIRTY RICE RECIPE – AKA RICE DRESSING
EASY DIRTY RICE - A CAJUN CLASSIC - EATS BY THE BEACH
OLD-FASHIONED DIRTY RICE - THE COUNTRY COOK
CAJUN DIRTY RICE - SETH MCGINN'S CANCOOKER
DIRTY RICE RECIPE - AN AWESOME CAJUN SIDE DISH
You'll also love