D.O.D. JAMAICAN JERK CHICKEN SANDWICH
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Combine all dry ingredients (except bread!) and mix with lime juice to form a paste. Rub paste all over chicken.
- Place breasts in an oiled pan large enough to hold them, and roast for 17 minutes.
- Remove from oven, let cool and place breasts on rolls or bread, adding relish, mayo, salsa, a variety of lettuces or anything else you like.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 409, UnsaturatedFat 10 grams, Carbohydrate 32 grams, Fat 15 grams, Fiber 2 grams, Protein 34 grams, SaturatedFat 4 grams, Sodium 458 milligrams, Sugar 1 gram, TransFat 0 grams
JERK CHICKEN SANDWICH
This Jamaican specialty makes great sandwiches. Our version is made with lettuce, tomato, Pepper Jack cheese, and a lime mayonnaise spread. You can easily broil this sandwich, or substitute kiwi for the tomato for more variations.
Provided by Allrecipes Member
Number Of Ingredients 19
- In a food processor or blender, combine the green onions, onion, jalapeno pepper, soy sauce, vinegar, vegetable oil, brown sugar, thyme, cloves, nutmeg and allspice. Mix for about 15 seconds. Place the chicken in a medium bowl, and coat with the marinade. Refrigerate for 4 to 6 hours, or overnight.
- Preheat grill for high heat. Remove chicken breasts from marinade, and discard leftover marinade. Lightly oil grill grate. Cook chicken on the preheated grill 6 to 8 minutes per side, until juices run clear. Cut chicken into thin strips.
- In a small bowl, mix together mayonnaise, lime juice, and black pepper; spread onto one side of each slice bread. Arrange chicken strips on 6 slices bread, and top with lettuce, tomato, cheese, and remaining bread to make 6 sandwiches.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 491.6 calories, Carbohydrate 44.9 g, Cholesterol 74.7 mg, Fat 17.4 g, Fiber 5.7 g, Protein 39.8 g, SaturatedFat 4.1 g, Sodium 2412.9 mg, Sugar 15.4 g
JAMAICAN JERK CHICKEN
- Place chicken in a medium bowl. Cover with lime juice and water. Set aside.
- In a blender or food processor, place allspice, nutmeg, salt, brown sugar, thyme, ginger, black pepper and vegetable oil. Blend well, then mix in onions, green onions, garlic and habanero peppers until almost smooth.
- Pour most of the blended marinade mixture into bowl with chicken, reserving a small amount to use as a basting sauce while cooking. Cover, and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat.
- Brush grill grate with oil. Cook chicken slowly on the preheated grill. Turn frequently, basting often with remaining marinade mixture. Cook to desired doneness.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 220.7 calories, Carbohydrate 13.3 g, Cholesterol 68.4 mg, Fat 6.4 g, Fiber 3.2 g, Protein 28.8 g, SaturatedFat 1.2 g, Sodium 473.9 mg, Sugar 3.8 g
JERK CHICKEN SANDWICHES
- Butterfly chicken breast halves and marinate in 2 Tbsp Busha Browne's Jamaican Jerk Seasoning for at least 45 minutes. Massage breasts whenever you have a minute; at least a few times to blend in flavors.
- Grill, fry or broil chicken.
- Spread spicy Miracle Whip on buns.
- Add cooked chicken breast to buns.
- Press goat cheese on breast.
- Press thinly sliced red onions into cheese.
- Top with romaine lettuce leaf and crown.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 167.4, Fat 9.8, SaturatedFat 4, Cholesterol 52.9, Sodium 100.1, Carbohydrate 1, Fiber 0.6, Sugar 0.5, Protein 18.1
JAMAICAN JERK CHICKEN
Make your own jerk seasoning to use as a marinade for chicken. Scotch bonnet peppers and spices bring heat and plenty of flavour
Provided by Delroy Dixon
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Whizz all the ingredients for the marinade in a blender to form a thick paste. It shouldn't be too runny, similar to the consistency of sweet chilli sauce. Taste and adjust seasoning if needed. Will keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to three weeks.
- Slit the chicken skin with a sharp knife, then put into a container. Pour over the jerk marinade, making sure the chicken is completely covered. You may not need all the marinade. Cover the chicken and place in the fridge for at least 4 hrs, but ideally 24 hrs.
- Heat the oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7. Put the chicken in an ovenproof dish, cover with foil and cook for 30-45 mins. Remove the foil and baste the chicken with the juices from the dish, then cook for a further 10 mins. The skin should start to crisp up. Check the meat is cooked by cutting into the deepest part of the chicken. If the juices run out red, return to the oven for 10 mins more, or until the juices run clear. Serve with rice & peas or any of your favourite side dishes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 556 calories, Fat 33 grams fat, SaturatedFat 9 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 20 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 17 grams sugar, Fiber 3 grams fiber, Protein 43 grams protein, Sodium 3 milligram of sodium
More about "dod jamaican jerk chicken sandwich recipes"
JAMAICAN JERK CHICKEN SANDWICH - RECIPES | PAMPERED …
5/5 (1)Servings 6
JAMAICAN JERK CHICKEN SANDWICH RECIPE FOR THE WIN
5/5 (1)Total Time 15 minsCategory DinnerCalories 300 per serving
LEFTOVER JERK CHICKEN RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
RECIPE: DRUNKEN JAMAICAN JERK CHICKEN (COURTESY OF VISIT JAMAICA)
THE 6 CHICKEN DISHES EVERY JAMAICAN SHOULD COOK
JAMAICAN JERK CHICKEN THIGHS - A SPICY PERSPECTIVE
AUTHENTIC JAMAICAN JERK SAUCE RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
SANDWICHES NO.N 048 00 JAMAICAN JERK CHICKEN …
10 BEST JERK CHICKEN SANDWICH RECIPES - YUMMLY
REAL JAMAICAN JERK CHICKEN RECIPE | MYJAMAICANRECIPES.COM
JERK CHICKEN SANDWICH – JAMAICAN DINNERS
JERK CHICKEN SANDWICH | JAMAICAN JERK CHICKEN RECIPE
JAMAICAN JERK GRILLED CHICKEN | SAVORY
JAMAICAN JERK CHICKEN - COOKED BY JULIE
CARIBBEAN JERK CHICKEN SANDWICH (LIKE B-DUBS) - PALATABLE PASTIME
JERK CHICKEN RECIPE - TODAY
JAMAICAN JERK CHICKEN SANDWICHES - HOME EC BEC
JAMAICAN JERK CHICKEN SALAD - WORKING AGAINST GRAVITY
SANDWICHES – JAMAICAN DINNERS
BEST JAMAICAN JERK CHICKEN RECIPE | JAMAICAN LIFE & TRAVEL
10 BEST JAMAICAN SANDWICH RECIPES | YUMMLY
JERK CHICKEN - AUTHENTIC JAMAICAN RECIPE | 196 FLAVORS
9 SIDE DISHES JAMAICANS SERVE WITH JERK CHICKEN
JAMAICAN MANGO JERK CHICKEN - A TASTE OF JAMAICA
AUTHENTIC JERK CHICKEN RECIPE (STEP BY STEP - WHISKAFFAIR
AUTHENTIC JAMAICAN JERK CHICKEN - A RECIPE BY EXECUTIVE CHEF …
JERK CHICKEN SANDWICH RECIPE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
AUTHENTIC JAMAICAN JERK CHICKEN RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
GRILLED JAMAICAN JERK CHICKEN SANDWICHES - LIFE'S A TOMATO
JERK CHICKEN RECIPE | ATOPRECIPE
JAMAICAN JERK CHICKEN | JERK CHICKEN MARINADE RECIPE
JAMAICAN JERK CHICKEN - THE DARING GOURMET
WHAT A JERK THIS SANDWICH IS! - BOUNDED BY BUNS
JAMAICAN "JERK" CHICKEN RECIPE - PEPPER.PH
JERK SANDWICH RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
JAMAICAN JERK CHICKEN PATTIES RECIPES - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT …
JAMAICAN JERK CHICKEN BURGER RECIPE | CARIBBEAN RECIPES
JERK CHICKEN SANDWICHES | JERK CHICKEN RECIPE, JERK CHICKEN, …
JAMAICAN JERK CHICKEN RECIPE
You'll also love