DR. PEPPER CHERRY PIE
- For the pie crust: Cut the butter into tiny pieces and toss into a bowl with the flour and salt. Place in the freezer for 10 minutes to cool. Dump into a food processor with 3 tablespoons of ice water and pulse until the dough resembles wet sand that holds together, adding more water a spoonful at a time if necessary. Place the dough onto a long sheet of plastic wrap and shape into a disc, then wrap well and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough to a 1/8-inch thickness and place into a 9-inch pie pan. Use a fork to prick all over the sides and bottom, then place in the freezer until hard, at least 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Cut an 18-inch sheet of aluminum foil and press it firmly into the pie shell, loosely tenting the foil around the edges of the crust. Fill with pie weights, dried beans, sugar or raw rice and bake for 20 minutes. Remove the weights by gently lifting the foil. Brush the pie crust well with the egg wash and return to the oven until the egg wash is set and the crust is golden brown, 3 to 5 minutes. Let cool completely and reduce the oven to 350 degrees F.
- For the pie filling: Pit the cherries and place them in an even layer in a roasting pan. Sprinkle with the salt and roast for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the Dr. Pepper and cinnamon stick in a large saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium and cook until reduced by half.
- Place the cold water in a small bowl and sprinkle the gelatin over evenly. Allow to soften for 5 minutes. Add to the warm Dr. Pepper reduction along with the vanilla and whisk well to combine.
- Pack the cherries into the pie crust and pour the Dr. Pepper mixture on top. Refrigerate until set, at least 4 hours.
- To serve: Top the pie with whipped cream and sprinkle the popping candies over the top. Serve immediately.
DR. PEPPER CHERRY SALAD
Haven't tried this but thought it was interesting. I imagine that this is a recipe for a dessert topping like ice cream or pound cake.
Provided by Shawn C
Yield 2 cups (approx)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Oil a 6-cup decorate mold.
- Drain liquid from cherries and pineapple, reserving liquid.
- Slice cherries in half.
- Reserve them along with the pineapple.
- Add lemon juice to liquid from the canned fruit.
- Measure liquid and add enough water to make 2 cups.
- Bring the liquid to a boil.
- Place gelatin in a medium-size bowl.
- Pour boiling liquid over it and stir until the gelatin is dissolved.
- Mix in the Dr. Pepper®.
- Refrigerate until the gelatin turns syrupy, about 45 minutes to 1 hour.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 989.9, Fat 40.9, SaturatedFat 3.6, Sodium 149.4, Carbohydrate 132.9, Fiber 11.3, Sugar 65.1, Protein 38.5
OUTRAGEOUS CHERRY DR PEPPER CAKE RECIPE - (4/5)
Provided by á-46109
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9x13x2 baking pan with cooking spray. Set aside. In a large bowl combine cake mix and soda. Whisk until combined. Set aside. Remove 24 cherries from the jar, remove stems and cut cherries into fourths. Add cut cherries to cake batter. Whisk again until combined. Pour batter into prepared baking pan. Smooth with spatula so cake is even. Place cake in the center of the oven and bake 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Place baking pan on a cooling rack and allow cake (still in pan) to cool, about 2 hours. If you need to rush that you can pop it in the fridge or the freezer. Meanwhile: Add butter to the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment (or place in a large bowl and use and hand mixer). Beat butter until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add sugar 1 cup at a time until it is all incorporated (beating between each addition). Add 3 ounces (6 tablespoons) maraschino cherry juice from the jar and beat until mixture is light and fluffy. Frost the cake with all of the icing and garnish with remaining cherries. COOK'S NOTES: Do not add the ingredients that the cake mix calls for. This recipe is just for the dry mix. If icing is too thick, add more cherry juice 1 tablespoon at a time until you reach your desired consistency, beating in between each addition. If it is too thin add powdered sugar 1 tablespoon at a time until you reach your desired consistency, beating in between each addition.
FRESH PEAR AND CHERRY SALAD WITH VANILLA PEAR VINAIGRETTE
A mix of juicy pears, sweetened nuts, dried cherries, and feta cheese makes this is a show-stopping sweet salad! The taste and colors will impress! You may add more of the pear syrup to the dressing to make it thinner, or increase the amount of yogurt for creamier results.
Provided by Erin
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Combine sugar, cinnamon and walnuts in a skillet over medium heat. Mix together until sugar and cinnamon are melted and walnuts are evenly coated. Remove from heat. Spread walnuts on a large plate to cool.
- In the container of a blender, combine the drained pears, 1/3 cup of the reserved syrup from the can, vinegar, yogurt, honey, salt, pepper, vanilla extract, and nutmeg; blend until smooth.
- Assemble the salad by tossing together the mixed greens, spinach, pear slices, dried cherries, feta cheese, and walnuts in a serving bowl. Serve with dressing on the side.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1000.4 calories, Carbohydrate 128.5 g, Cholesterol 38.5 mg, Fat 49.3 g, Fiber 17 g, Protein 22.7 g, SaturatedFat 10.4 g, Sodium 1297.2 mg, Sugar 96 g
BING CHERRY CONGEALED SALAD
- In a sauce pan, combine reserved cherry juice and pineapple juice to equal 1 cup. Bring to boil, add gelatin and whisk together. Remove from heat and add cream cheese and blend together until smooth.
- Add cola and beat until mixture becomes fluffy. Fold in cherries, pineapple, and nuts. Pour into molded container, chill 6 to 8 hours or until firm.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 248.7 calories, Carbohydrate 34.6 g, Cholesterol 10.4 mg, Fat 12.1 g, Fiber 2.3 g, Protein 4.2 g, SaturatedFat 2.8 g, Sodium 115.6 mg, Sugar 31.8 g
SPICY TOMATO AND CHERRY PEPPER SALAD
- Cut away and discard tomato cores. Cut tomatoes into 1-inch cubes. There should be about 2 1/2 cups.
- Put tomatoes in bowl and add remaining ingredients. Stir to blend and serve.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 100, UnsaturatedFat 8 grams, Carbohydrate 4 grams, Fat 9 grams, Fiber 2 grams, Protein 1 gram, SaturatedFat 1 gram, Sodium 269 milligrams, Sugar 2 grams
CHERRY COKE SALAD
This sparkling salad was as popular at my sister's party as the cherry-flavored cola was back in the 1950s.-Judy Nix, Toccoa, Georgia
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 12 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice; set fruit aside. In a saucepan or microwave, bring pineapple juice and water to a boil. Add gelatin; stir until dissolved. Stir in pie filling and cola. , Pour into a serving bowl. Refrigerate until slightly thickened. Fold in reserved pineapple. Refrigerate until firm.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 118 calories, Fat 0 fat (0 saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 26mg sodium, Carbohydrate 29g carbohydrate (26g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 1g protein.
More about "dr pepper cherry salad recipes"
CHERRY LIME DR PEPPER SALAD - HOMESICK TEXAN
5/5 (1)Estimated Reading Time 7 minsServings 8
- Stir together the cherry juice, Dr Pepper, and lime juice. Taste and if it’s not sweet enough for you, add the optional sugar.
- Pour all but 1 cup of the liquid into a pot and bring to a boil. As the liquid in the pot is heating, add the gelatin to a large mixing bowl and pour over it the remaining 1 cup of liquid. Whisk together the gelatin and liquid until it’s well combined and let it thicken and get slightly bubbly.
- When the liquid in the pot comes to a boil, pour it into the mixing bowl with the gelatin, whisking again until well combined. Cover the bowl and place the bowl in the refrigerator for 1 hour, to allow the gelatin to thicken a bit.
- While the gelatin thickens, remove the pits and stems from the cherries and then cut each cherry into quarters. After an hour, the gelatin should be slightly thickened. Stir the cherries, pecans, and lime zest into the gelatin until well combined, and then pour the gelatin into an 8-cup mold, or if using Mason jars, you can now evenly divide the mixture between 4 pint jars, 8 half-pint jars, or 16 quarter-pint jars, filling the jars about 2/3 full.
DR. PEPPER CHERRY JELLO SALAD | 12 TOMATOES
4/5 (13)Estimated Reading Time 2 minsServings 6-8
- In a large bowl, combine boiling water and jello and stir until dissolved. Slowly stir in Dr. Pepper (so it doesn't fizz), and set bowl to chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- After chilling, mix in cherries, pineapple, and pecans, and pour mixture into prepared bundt pan. Place bake in the fridge to chill until firm and fully set, at least 4 hours up to overnight.
- To remove from bundt pan, dip pan in slightly warm water to loosen sides. Flip onto serving plate and serve. Enjoy!
DR. PEPPER SALAD - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
DR PEPPER® CHERRY SHAKES - WHO NEEDS A CAPE?
I TRIED A 1965 RECIPE FOR DR PEPPER POT ROAST—HERE’S WHAT I …
COCA-COLA JELLO SALAD - HOUSE OF NASH EATS
DR PEPPER RECIPES | SPARKRECIPES
DR PEPPER® CHERRY ICE CREAM FLOATS - A SAVORY FEAST
25 DR. PEPPER RECIPES - AROUND MY FAMILY TABLE
WE TRIED THE TIKTOK-FAMOUS ‘HOMEMADE DR. PEPPER’ RECIPE — …
DR PEPPER CONGEALED SALAD - SOUTHERN PLATE
DR PEPPER JELLO SALAD - SPEND WITH PENNIES
DR PEPPER CHERRY SALAD - RECIPE GOLDMINE
CHERRY-INFUSED DR. PEPPER™ PUNCH RECIPE - TABLESPOON.COM
22 RETRO GELATIN SALAD RECIPES FOR YOUR HOLIDAY
DR. PEPPER SALAD - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
SLOW COOKER CHOCOLATE CHERRY DR PEPPER DUMP CAKE
DR PEPPER CHERRY JELLO SALAD IS DEFINITELY NOT YOUR GRAMMA'S RECIPE!
DR. PEPPER CHERRY JELLO SALAD RECIPE - RECIPETIPS.COM
10 BEST CHERRY PIE FILLING SALAD RECIPES | YUMMLY
CHERRY DR. PEPPER CAKE - RECIPES NEED
CHERRY DR. PEPPER BBQ RIBS - SWEET PEA'S KITCHEN
MOIST CHERRY DR. PEPPER CAKE - BAKING BEAUTY
DR PEPPER JELLO SALAD RECIPE - RECIPES.NET
CHERRY DR PEPPER CAKE + VIDEO - THESLOWROASTEDITALIAN.COM
TIKTOK DR. PEPPER RECIPE FOR "HEALTHY" DR. PEPPER ALTERNATIVE
DR PEPPER CAKE RECIPE: A CHERRY BUNDT CAKE WITH ATTITUDE
BING CHERRY JELLO SALAD - TASTES OF LIZZY T
CHERRY DR PEPPER CAKE WITH CHERRY BUTTERCREAM FROSTING!
DR. PEPPER RIBS (5 INGREDIENT, DAIRY FREE) - SIMPLY WHISKED
10 BEST CHERRY PIE FILLING SALAD COOL WHIP RECIPES - YUMMLY
DR. PEPPER CHERRY JELLO SALAD | RECIPE | JELLO MOLD RECIPES, JELLO ...
CHERRY COKE JELLO SALAD - MADE TO BE A MOMMA
CHERRY PIE JELL-O SALAD - A EASY AND FESTIVE SALAD FOR THE HOLIDAYS!
BELL PEPPER AND CUCUMBER SALAD - DR. SEBI'S CELL FOOD
CHERRY DR PEPPER CUPCAKE RECIPE | POPSUGAR FOOD
DR PEPPER CONGEALED SALAD - SOUTHERN PLATE
CAESAR-Y SALAD RECIPE | DR. MCDOUGALL
CHERRY DR. PEPPER JELLO SQUARES RECIPE - INSIDE BRUCREW LIFE
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What can I make with Dr Pepper?So today folks we’re gonna make a congealed salad with Dr Pepper Feel free to use your favorite fizzy drink (in the South we call all these ‘Coke’), the original recipe called for cherry. Crushed pineapple, 2 packages of cherry gelatin, 1 can of pie filling, and a dr pepper (or coke/fizzy drink of your choice).
How do you make pineapple cherry pie filling?In a saucepan, bring pineapple juice and water to a boil. Add gelatin and stir until dissolved. Stir in diet dr pepper. Stir in Cherry pie filling. Stir in pineapple. Pour into mold or serving bowl. Refrigerate until firm.
How do you make pineapple and Diet Dr Pepper drinks?In a saucepan, bring 1/2 C water and pineapple juice to a boil. Once boiling, add gelatin. Stir until dissolved. Stir in Diet Dr Pepper (or coke of choice). Now the great thing about this recipe is that you aren’t quite gonna use that whole can. There is a nice little swig left for ya in there! When you do that, it’s gonna foam up some.