BREAD AND BUTTER PICKLES
My mom always made this crisp bread and butter pickle recipe when we were kids, and she gave me the recipe. They're pleasantly tart and so good. Now I make bread and butter pickles for my own kids all of the time! -Karen Owen, Rising Sun, Indiana
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 7 pints.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In a large container, combine the cucumbers, onions and salt. Cover with crushed ice and mix well. Let stand for 3 hours. Drain; rinse and drain again., In a Dutch oven, combine the sugar, vinegar and seasonings; bring to a boil. Add cucumber mixture; return to a boil. Remove from the heat., Carefully ladle hot mixture into hot pint jars, leaving 1/2-in. headspace. Remove air bubbles and adjust headspace, if necessary, by adding hot mixture. Wipe rims. Center lids on jars; screw on bands until fingertip tight. Place jars into canner with simmering water, ensuring that they are completely covered with water. Bring to a boil; process for 15 minutes. Remove jars and cool.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 35 calories, Fat 0 fat (0 saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 175mg sodium, Carbohydrate 8g carbohydrate (7g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 0 protein.
QUICK BREAD-AND-BUTTER PICKLES
Make your own sweet pickled Kirby cucumbers in no time.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 4 1/2 cups
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Bring the sugar, mustard seeds, celery seeds, allspice, turmeric, garlic, onion, 3 teaspoons salt and 1 cup water to a boil in a small saucepan. Place the cucumbers in medium bowl. Pour the hot spice mixture over the cucumbers, then stir in the vinegar. Let cool to room temperature, about 30 minutes. Serve, or refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
BREAD AND BUTTER PICKLES I
- In a large pan, combine the onions, mustard seed, turmeric and celery seed.
- In a saucepan, combine the sugar, vinegar and salt. Bring to a boil. Pour the boiling mixture into the pan with the onion mixture.
- Add the cucumber slices. Pack into sterile jars. Refrigerate for 2 weeks before eating.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 146 calories, Carbohydrate 35.8 g, Fat 0.4 g, Fiber 1.8 g, Protein 1.7 g, SaturatedFat 0.1 g, Sodium 3525.6 mg, Sugar 29.7 g
EASY BREAD AND BUTTER PICKLES
These pickles are so much better tasting then the kind you buy in a jar. Fresh from the stove and chilled in the refrigerator to your table for your summer evening barbeque. Prep time does not include chill time.
Provided by Karen From Colorado
Yield 4 Cups
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Combine cucumbers, onion, vinegar, sugar, salt, mustard seeds, dry mustard, turmeric, crushed red pepper, and celery seeds; heat to boiling over high heat, stirring occasionally.
- Boil 1 minute, stirring frequently.
- Pour cucumber mixture into a large bowl; cool to room temperature, stirring occasionally.
- Cover and chill overnight before serving.
- You can spoon cooled cucumbers and their liquid into jars with tight-fitting lids and refrigerate up to 4 weeks.
BREAD AND BUTTER PICKLES II
These are the best bread and butter pickles I have ever had!! And I have been looking for a long time. I guarantee you'll love them! This recipe makes a lot, so get ready to crunch. Enjoy!
Provided by David
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a large bowl, mix together cucumbers, onions, green bell peppers, garlic and salt. Allow to stand approximately 3 hours.
- In a large saucepan, mix the cider vinegar, white sugar, mustard seed, celery seed, whole cloves and turmeric. Bring to a boil.
- Drain any liquid from the cucumber mixture. Stir the cucumber mixture into the boiling vinegar mixture. Remove from heat shortly before the combined mixtures return to boil.
- Transfer to sterile containers. Seal and chill in the refrigerator until serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 104.8 calories, Carbohydrate 25.6 g, Fat 0.3 g, Fiber 0.9 g, Protein 1 g, SaturatedFat 0.1 g, Sodium 937.7 mg, Sugar 22.4 g
YOUR CLASSIC BREAD-AND-BUTTER PICKLES
- Trim and discard the blossom ends of the cucumbers, then peel the onions and cut both into rounds about 1/4 inch thick. In a nonreactive bowl, toss them with the salt, then cover and refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours. Drain well, rinse, drain again and then set the cucumbers and onions aside.
- In a nonreactive pot, combine all the remaining ingredients and bring to a boil over high heat, stirring once or twice to dissolve the brown sugar. Reduce the heat to low, simmer for 3 minutes and then pour the liquid over the cucumbers and onions. The cucumbers should be amply covered or slightly afloat.
- Allow to cool to room temperature, then cover and refrigerate. These pickles have good flavor as soon as they are cool, but the flavor will deepen if you let them sit for 24 hours. They will keep, covered and refrigerated, for a month or more.
FAVORITE BREAD & BUTTER PICKLES
I made these pickles while growing up and love them because you can eat them with just about anything. Now, both of my children love these pickles, too. I think you'll enjoy them as much as we do! -Linda Weger, Robinson, Illinois
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 11 pints.
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Place cucumbers, onions and peppers in a large bowl. In another large bowl, mix ice water and salt; pour over vegetables. Let stand 3 hours., Rinse vegetables and drain well. Pack vegetables into eleven hot 1-pint jars to within 1/2 in. of the top., In a Dutch oven, bring sugar, vinegar, mustard seed, celery seed, turmeric and cloves to a boil. Carefully ladle hot liquid over vegetable mixture, leaving 1/2-in. headspace. Remove air bubbles and adjust headspace, if necessary, by adding hot liquid. Wipe rims. Center lids on jars; screw on bands until fingertip tight., Place jars into canner, ensuring that they are completely covered with water. Bring to a boil; process for 10 minutes. Remove jars and cool.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 60 calories, Fat 0 fat (0 saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 645mg sodium, Carbohydrate 15g carbohydrate (14g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 0 protein.
QUICK BREAD AND BUTTER PICKLES
- Toss cukes, onion, and salt in colander set over bowl. Let stand 1 hour. Discard drained liquid.
- Bring vinegar, sugar and spices to a boil in large saucepan. Reduce heat to low add cukes and onion and press to submerge in liquid. cover and cook until cukes turn a dullish olive-brown, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer entire pan contents to glass bowl. Refrigerate, uncovered, at least 2 hours before serving. (pickles can be refrigerated in covered container for up to.
- 2 weeks).
- Time does not include 1 hour setting and chilling time.
- I made these this week end -- not bad! I added a fresh sliced jalapeno -- just enough spice -- made them interesting.
- I also used Splenda in place of the sugar.
COLORFUL BREAD-AND-BUTTER PICKLES
Bright-hued sweet vegetable pickles are a welcome change from typical sandwich toppers. Bread-and-butters are tart, sweet, and slightly addictive-making for a great side to any burger or sandwich.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Yield Makes 2 quarts
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Cut cucumbers and onion into 1/8-inch thick slices, and transfer to a colander set in a bowl. Toss well with the salt. Refrigerate 1 hour. Rinse well, and drain. Pat dry between paper towels. Transfer cucumbers and onion to a large bowl.
- Bring vinegar, sugar, mustard seed, and celery seed to a boil in a medium saucepan, stirring. Reduce heat; simmer 4 minutes. Let cool slightly, 10 minutes.
- Pour brine over vegetables; let cool completely, about 30 minutes. Transfer to airtight containers.
More about "easy bread and butter pickles recipes"
BREAD AND BUTTER PICKLES RECIPE - TASTE OF SOUTHERN
5/5 (4)Category CanningServings 7Total Time 5 hrs 10 mins
BREAD AND BUTTER PICKLES RECIPE - SIMPLY RECIPES
Ratings 39Calories 95 per servingCategory Canning, Condiment, Cucumber, Pickle
EASY BREAD AND BUTTER PICKLES (CANNING PICKLES) | A …
REFRIGERATOR BREAD AND BUTTER PICKLES - SPEND WITH PENNIES
BREAD AND BUTTER PICKLES - RECIPE GIRL
EASY AND DELICIOUS HOMEMADE BREAD AND BUTTER PICKLES …
EASY BREAD & BUTTER PICKLES RECIPE FROM JENNY JONES
BREAD AND BUTTER PICKLES CANNING RECIPE - PRACTICAL SELF …
EASY REFRIGERATOR BREAD AND BUTTER PICKLES - THE …
BREAD AND BUTTER PICKLES | RICARDO
REFRIGERATOR BREAD AND BUTTER PICKLES RECIPE - SUGAR …
REFRIGERATOR BREAD AND BUTTER PICKLES RECIPE
BREAD-AND-BUTTER PICKLES RECIPE | SOUTHERN LIVING
THE BEST BREAD AND BUTTER PICKLES | SMALL BATCH RECIPE - AUDREY'S ...
PIONEER WOMAN BREAD AND BUTTER PICKLES - CHEFS & RECIPES
BREAD AND BUTTER PICKLE REFRIGERATOR RECIPE
HOW TO MAKE BREAD AND BUTTER PICKLES (CANNING OR REFRIGERATOR)
HOW TO CAN BREAD AND BUTTER PICKLES (RECIPE) - HOMESTEAD ACRES
BREAD AND BUTTER PICKLES RECIPE - BBC FOOD
OLD FASHIONED BREAD AND BUTTER PICKLES RECIPE FOR CANNING
AIR FRYER FRIED PICKLES RECIPE - LOVE AND LEMONS
HOW TO MAKE PICKLES: DILL, BREAD, AND BUTTER
BREAD & BUTTER PICKLES | RECIPE - RACHAEL RAY SHOW
EASY BREAD AND BUTTER CUCUMBER PICKLE - RECIPE WINNERS
REFRIGERATOR BREAD AND BUTTER PICKLES RECIPE - A SPICY PERSPECTIVE
OVERNIGHT BREAD AND BUTTER PICKLES RECIPE – NO CANNING REQUIRED!
EASY SMALL BATCH REFRIGERATOR BREAD AND BUTTER PICKLES
EASY BREAD AND BUTTER PICKLES (FOR CANNING OR REFRIGERATOR)
QUICK AND EASY DINNER RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
BREAD AND BUTTER PICKLES RECIPE HOMEMADE SWEET PICKLES RECIPE
QUICK PICKLED RADISHES RECIPE - SIMPLYRECIPES.COM
EASY BREAD & BUTTER PICKLES - SIMPLE BREAD AND BUTTER PICKLES RECIPE
RECIPE(TRIED): MICROWAVE BREAD AND BUTTER PICKLES - RECIPELINK.COM
REFRIGERATOR BREAD AND BUTTER PICKLES - BROWN EYED BAKER
BAB'S BREAD AND BUTTER PICKLES RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
BREAD AND BUTTER PICKLES - THAT SKINNY CHICK CAN BAKE
BREAD AND BUTTER PICKLES - SERVED FROM SCRATCH
REFRIGERATOR BREAD AND BUTTER PICKLES RECIPE - BELLY FULL
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #occasion #canning #lunch #side-dishes #vegetables #easy #refrigerator #dinner-party #kid-friendly #vegan #vegetarian #stove-top #dietary #gifts #brunch #taste-mood #sweet #equipment #presentation #served-cold #technique
You'll also love