BEST DATE BARS
Date recipes are some of my favorite desserts to cook up. These date treats are very easy to bake, and one sheet of them will yield 48 good-sized bars. I sometimes add nuts, coconut or candied fruit. -Dorothy DeLeske, Scottsdale, Arizona
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 40 bars.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a saucepan, combine dates, sugar and water. Cook, stirring frequently, until very thick. Stir in walnuts, if desired; cool. , Sift the flour, salt and baking soda together in a large bowl; add oats and brown sugar. Cut in butter until mixture is crumbly. Sprinkle water over mixture; stir lightly. Pat half into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Spread with date mixture; cover with remaining oat mixture and pat lightly. , Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars.
Nutrition Facts :
GRAMMA'S DATE SQUARES
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, combine oats, pastry flour, salt, 1 cup brown sugar, and baking soda. Mix in the butter until crumbly. Press half of the mixture into the bottom of a 9 inch square baking pan.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine the dates, water, and 1/3 cup brown sugar. Bring to a boil, and cook until thickened. Stir in lemon juice, and remove from heat. Spread the filling over the base, and pat the remaining crumb mixture on top.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in preheated oven, or until top is lightly toasted. Cool before cutting into squares.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 363.1 calories, Carbohydrate 63.7 g, Cholesterol 30.5 mg, Fat 12.5 g, Fiber 5.3 g, Protein 3.7 g, SaturatedFat 7.4 g, Sodium 217.4 mg, Sugar 41.8 g
EASY DATE SQUARES
My MIL's easy, no fail date squares...Make an extra batch of the date jam its good on its own...over bagels or toast. If your date jam is a little thick. Add a little extra water to thin it out, until it is the consistency that you like. Becareful not to make it too thin.
Provided by Baby Kato
Categories Bar Cookie
Yield 3 doz, 12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Date Jam
- Combine dates, sugar, water and vanilla in saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Simmer 5 minutes, until mixture resembles a thick paste.
- Cool completely
- Oatmeal Layer
- Combine flour, oats, sugar, nuts and salt in mixing bowl.
- Cut in butter.
- Reserve 2 cups of this mixture for topping.
- Press remaining mixture into bottom of greased 9 x 9" pan.
- Spread cooled date jam over the bottom layer and sprinkle reserved oatmeal mixture evenly over top.
- Bake 25- 33 minute.
- Cool completely then cut into squares.
BEST DATE SQUARES EVER
These rich tasting squares use less sugar than other recipes but you would never know it. Bring squares to room temperature to serve, about 15 minutes.
Provided by Suzanne Poynter
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease a 9x11-inch baking pan and line with parchment paper.
- Heat dates, orange juice, and lemon juice in a large saucepan over medium-low heat, stirring often, until dates are soft, about 6 minutes.
- Stir whole wheat flour, oats, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in a large bowl; stir in melted butter. Press half of the oat mixture evenly into the prepared pan.
- Spread date mixture evenly over oat mixture; sprinkle remaining oat mixture evenly over date mixture and press down lightly.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden, about 20 minutes. Allow to cool in the pan to room temperature, about 30 minutes. Refrigerate until chilled before cutting into squares, about 1 hour.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 251.1 calories, Carbohydrate 35.5 g, Cholesterol 30.5 mg, Fat 12.2 g, Fiber 3.9 g, Protein 3 g, SaturatedFat 7.4 g, Sodium 89.1 mg, Sugar 20.7 g
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter an 8-by-8-by-2-inch baking pan, and set aside. In a large bowl, combine flour, oats, brown sugar, and baking soda. Add butter, and blend with your fingertips until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Transfer two-thirds of the crumb mixture into prepared pan, and press into bottom and up sides. Spread date paste over bottom layer of the dough. Cover with remaining crumb mixture.
- Bake until golden brown, about 35 minutes. Transfer pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Invert onto a plate, then back onto a cutting board. Cut into 2-inch squares. Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
MOM'S DATE SQUARES
- Combine all ingredients and simmer until thickened (don't burn) Set aside and cool.
- Lightly grease a 9x9-inch pan.
- Sift and mix together flour and soda.
- Combine sugar and oats to flour mixture.
- Work in butter with fingertips.
- Pat 1/2 of the mixture onto bottom of pan.
- Spread filling on patted mixture.
- Put remaining mixture on top of filling and pat lightly. Bake in 375°F oven for 45 minutes.
- Cut when cool.
More about "easy date squares recipes"
DATE SQUARES (THE BEST) | RICARDO
5/5 (428)Total Time 1 hr 25 minsCategory Desserts
- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 350 °F (180 °C). Line a 20-cm (8-inch) square baking dish with a strip of parchment paper, letting it hang over both sides. Butter the other two sides.
- In a pot, bring the dates, water, lemon juice, and brown sugar to a boil. Add the baking soda and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon, or until the dates have fallen apart. Let cool.
- In a bowl, combine the oats, flour, brown sugar, and baking powder. Add the butter and stir to combine.
OLD-FASHIONED DATE SQUARES RECIPE | CHATELAINE
50+ BEST SQUARES AND BARS RECIPES - ONE LITTLE PROJECT
EASY DATE BARS - ALIDA'S KITCHEN
10 BEST HEALTHY DATE SQUARES RECIPES | YUMMLY
DATE SQUARES | CANADIAN LIVING
DATE SQUARES EXTRA-THICK CLASSIC RECIPE - CANADIAN …
10 BEST DATE SQUARES NO SUGAR RECIPES | YUMMLY
DATE SQUARES - JO COOKS
DATE SQUARES - BUSY BUT HEALTHY
THE BEST EVER DATE SQUARES • MY EVIL TWIN'S KITCHEN
OUR TOP 18 BEST DATE RECIPES - THE SPRUCE EATS
QUICK & EASY DATE SQUARES - TROIS FOIS PAR JOUR
Servings 2-3Estimated Reading Time 50 secs
DATE SQUARES | A TASTE OF MADNESS
BEST DATE SQUARES RECIPES | FOOD NETWORK CANADA
DATE SQUARES (THE BEST) | RICARDO - PINTEREST
DATE SQUARES: A CLASSIC RECIPE - SHE LOVES BISCOTTI
DATE SQUARES RECIPE EASY - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY RECIPES …
DATE SQUARES | RICARDO
BARS, SQUARES & BROWNIES | RECIPES | ROBIN HOOD®
BEST EVER CLASSIC DATE SQUARES | ENCHANTED SPICEBOX
NEWFOUNDLAND DATE SQUARES - LORD BYRON'S KITCHEN
DATE OATMEAL SQUARES RECIPE | HOW TO MAKE DATE SQUARES
EASY DATE SQUARE RECIPE - THE BEST! - ALEX GOES COCONUTS
BEST GRANDMA MORRISSEY’S DATE SQUARES RECIPES - BEST EASY …
TRADITIONAL NEWFOUNDLAND DATE SQUARES - BONITA'S KITCHEN
OLD-FASHIONED DATE SQUARES - SEASONS AND SUPPERS
HOW TO MAKE DATE SQUARES (NEWFOUNDLAND DATE CRUMBLES) SO …
DATE SQUARES | BLUE FLAME KITCHEN
GRANDMA'S EASY DATE SQUARES RECIPE
DATE SQUARES – TRADITIONAL CANADIAN RECIPE FOR DATE BARS
EASY DATE SQUARES RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
NO-BAKE DATE SQUARES FOR A NATURALLY SWEET NIBBLE
DATE SQUARES | KING ARTHUR BAKING
DATE SQUARES RECIPE EASY : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
DATE SQUARES | METRO
CANADIAN DATE SQUARES RECIPE - IT'S THE BEST EVER
BEST DATE SQUARES RECIPE - THE BAKE SCHOOL
DATE SQUARES - JUST SO TASTY
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #preparation #occasion #desserts #cookies-and-brownies #bar-cookies #dietary #brunch
You'll also love