EASY HOMEMADE SRIRACHA SAUCE
Rooster Sauce! It's not your typical vinegar based cayenne sauce because it's thicker, sweeter and way more versatile. It's great on everything and it brings the perfect blend of thai chile heat, garlic, and a subtle sweetness that makes every drop of sweat worth it. Try it in soups, eggs, pizza, noodles, tacos, steak, chicken.... you get it. There are entire cookbooks dedicated to incorporating Sriracha sauce in to every recipe! The ingredients are simple enough and the process only takes a few minutes. The only special tools you need are a food processor and some clean hot sauce bottles or jars. I use a mini chopper that works well and I've used a blender which gets the job done too.
Provided by Peppermeister1
Yield 1 1/2 cups, 30 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Rough chop the chiles (seeds in) and garlic and add all ingredients to food processor and chop away until you get a smooth sauce.
- You can add filtered water to the mixture to get your desired consistency. Pour mixture right into jars and leave in fridge. It will get better every day until it's gone.
- If you have a strainer and don't like texture to your sauce, feel free to get fancy and use it. The sauce will keep in your fridge for a month (but you'll finish it before then).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 4.5, Sodium 155.4, Carbohydrate 1.1, Sugar 0.9
HOW TO MAKE HOMEMADE SRIRACHA SAUCE
- Chop jalapeno and serrano peppers, retaining seeds and membranes, and place into a blender with garlic, brown sugar, salt, and water. Blend until smooth, pulsing several times to start.
- Transfer puree into a large glass container such as a large jar or pitcher. Cover container with plastic wrap and place into a cool dark location for 3 to 5 days, stirring once a day. The mixture will begin to bubble and ferment. Scrape down the sides during each stirring. Rewrap after every stirring and return to a cool, dark place until mixture is bubbly.
- Pour fermented mixture back into blender with vinegar; blend until smooth. Strain mixture through a fine mesh strainer into a saucepan, pushing as much of the pulp as possible through the strainer into the sauce. Discard remaining pulp, seeds, and skin left in strainer.
- Place saucepan on a burner and bring sauce to a boil, stirring often, until reduced to your desired thickness, 5 to 10 minutes. Skim foam if desired.
- Remove saucepan from heat and let sauce cool to room temperature. Sauce will thicken a little when cooled. Transfer sauce to jars or bottles and refrigerate.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 16 calories, Carbohydrate 3.6 g, Fat 0.2 g, Fiber 0.8 g, Protein 0.5 g, Sodium 241.8 mg, Sugar 2.6 g
More about "easy homemade sriracha sauce recipes"
HOMEMADE SRIRACHA SAUCE RECIPE - CHILI PEPPER MADNESS
5/5 (20)Total Time 30 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 9 per serving
- First, ferment the chili peppers. Process your fresh peppers in a food processor. If you don’t have a processor, use a mortar and pestle or simply finely chop them. Pack them into a jar, leaving at least 1 inch of head space. The peppers may rise a bit when fermenting.
- Next, mix 1 quart unchlorinated water with 3 tablespoons sea salt. Pour just enough brine over the peppers to cover them, pressing them down a bit as you go. It is important to keep the peppers covered with brine to avoid spoilage. Check this daily.
- Screw on the lid and set the jar away from direct sunlight to ferment for at least 1 week. Ideal temperatures are between 55-75 degrees F. The most active fermentation period is between 1-2 weeks, so be sure to monitor it during this time. “Burp” the jars often by unscrewing the lid a bit to let out some of the accumulating gases. Or, use an airlock or membrane for easier fermenting. See our page, “How to Make Fermented Pepper Mash”, for further instruction.
- After 1-2 weeks, the fermenting activity will diminish and the brine will turn cloudy and taste acidic.
EASY HOMEMADE SRIRACHA (15 MINUTES!) - MINIMALIST BAKER …
4/5 (2)Calories 7 per servingCategory Condiment
- To a small blender or small food processor (or in a large food processor if making a double batch) add bell pepper, garlic, red pepper flakes, maple syrup, salt, apple cider vinegar, and habanero (optional).
- Option to briefly cook tomato paste in a small metal or non-stick pan over medium-low heat for 5 minutes, stirring frequently, to slightly reduce the raw tomato flavor. Otherwise, add to the blender or food processor, no cooking required.
- Blend until well mixed, then taste and adjust flavor as needed, adding more tomato paste for depth of flavor / tomato flavor, salt to taste, red pepper flake or habanero for heat, maple syrup for sweetness / to balance the flavors, or vinegar for acidity. We added a bit more red pepper flake and salt.
- Use immediately, or store covered in the refrigerator for up to 7 days, sometimes longer (discard when the flavor or appearance appears off). Note that the color deepens and the texture thickens after refrigerating overnight. Option to freeze leftovers into ice cube molds to use as needed (store in a sealed container in the freezer for up to 3-6 months).
EASY SRIRACHA HOT SAUCE RECIPES - HOMEMADE SIGNATURE
Reviews 15Format Kindle EditionAuthor Scarlett Aphra
EASY CHICKEN LETTUCE WRAPS RECIPE | EASY DINNER IDEAS
HONEY SRIRACHA SAUCE | EVERYDAY FAMILY COOKING
HONEY SRIRACHA SAUCE RECIPE - SAUCE FANATIC
48 RECIPES USING SRIRACHA SAUCE TO TRY RIGHT NOW
EASY SRIRACHA DIPPING SAUCE RECIPE - MIDGETMOMMA
HOMEMADE SRIRACHA SAUCE RECIPE | LEITE'S CULINARIA
HOMEMADE SRIRACHA HOT SAUCE RECIPE - LARDER LOVE
MAKE HOMEMADE SRIRACHA | SRIRACHA SAUCE RECIPE
HOMEMADE SRIRACHA HOT SAUCE RECIPE - EASY & SPICY
CREAMY SRIRACHA SAUCE | IT IS A KEEPER
EASY HOMEMADE SRIRACHA HOT SAUCE - EATING RULES
EASY HOMEMADE SRIRACHA SAUCE RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST …
10 BEST SRIRACHA SAUCE RECIPES | YUMMLY
EASY, SIMPLE HOMEMADE SRIRACHA RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
QUICK HOMEMADE SRIRACHA • HAPPY KITCHEN
MAPLE SRIRACHA SAUCE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
HOMEMADE SRIRACHA BBQ SAUCE | MCCORMICK
EASY HOMEMADE SRIRACHA SAUCE BEST RECIPES
SRIRACHA SAUCE RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
EASY GREEN SRIRACHA SAUCE RECIPE - GLUE & GLITTER
SRIRACHA SAUCE RECIPE - GREAT BRITISH CHEFS
20 MINUTE SRIRACHA SAUCE RECIPE • STEAMY KITCHEN RECIPES …
BEST HONEY SRIRACHA SAUCE RECIPE | EASY SAUCE RECIPES
HOMEMADE SRIRACHA SAUCE RECIPE | PEPPER RECIPES | MAKE YOUR OWN
SRIRACHA SAUCE RECIPES - TASTY
HOMEMADE SRIRACHA SAUCE RECIPE (OPTIONAL LACTO ... - WELLNESS …
EASY HOMEMADE SRIRACHA FRESH RED HOT CHILI SAUCE RECIPE
HOMEMADE SRIRACHA SAUCE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
EASY HOMEMADE SRIRACHA SAUCE - THERESCIPES.INFO
EASY HOMEMADE SRIRACHA SAUCE RECIPE - FOOD.COM
SRIRACHA RECIPE | HOMEMADE THAI HOT SAUCE - PANTSDOWNAPRONSON
EASY HOMEMADE SRIRACHA SAUCE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
HOMEMADE SRIRACHA SAUCE RECIPE - OLIVEMAGAZINE
4 INGREDIENT SRIRACHA BBQ SAUCE - CREATE MINDFULLY
HOW TO: HOMEMADE SRIRACHA SAUCE | MYRECIPES
EASY SRIRACHA SAUCE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
CREAMY SRIRACHA SAUCE - VEGGIES DON'T BITE
LOW-CARB HOISIN SAUCE | KETODIET BLOG
HOMEMADE SRIRACHA SAUCE FROM THE SCRATCH - TOMATO BLUES
BROCCOLI CHICKEN STIR FRY - I WASH YOU DRY
SIMPLE HONEY SRIRACHA SAUCE (IT’S IRRESISTIBLY GOOD!)
#15-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #cuisine #preparation #for-large-groups #sauces #condiments-etc #asian #thai #vietnamese #easy #vegan #vegetarian #dietary #savory-sauces #number-of-servings #3-steps-or-less
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is Sriracha sauce made of?It's a Thai chili sauce made from peppers, sugar, garlic vinegar, and salt. The green sriracha sauce recipe below simply uses jalapeno peppers in place of red chilis.
Can you make sriracha sauce from Thai chili peppers?You can also use red Thai chili peppers to make your own sriracha hot sauce. Realistically, you can use this recipe and techniques to make a sriracha-style hot sauce from any type of chili pepper, though your results and tastes will vary from pepper to pepper.
How do you thicken Sriracha sauce?You can also adjust the thickness of your final sriracha sauce by adjusting the amount of peppers used in the recipe, by adjusting the amount of vinegar used, and also by adjusting your cooking time. Simmer the sauce longer to thicken it up if you’d like. The choice is yours. Would I say homemade sriracha is BETTER than what you get in the store?
What can I use instead of apple cider vinegar for Sriracha?Most recipes for sriracha sauce use white vinegar, I like the way it tastes with apple cider vinegar. That being said, you can substitute apple cider vinegar with white vinegar or rice vinegar is a good substitute as well. Sugar. I use coconut sugar to make sriracha sauce with good results even though most recipes call for brown sugar.