EASY RHUBARB PIE
A spring tradition in my family. This wonderful recipe passed down from my great-grandmother combines the sweetness of a crumb topping with a tart custard-style rhubarb pie.
Provided by starmaster25
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Mix white sugar, 2 tablespoons flour, egg, and vanilla in a small bowl until combined.
- Place 3/4 cup flour, brown sugar, and butter in another small bowl; mix until crumbly.
- Place rhubarb into pie crust. Pour white sugar mixture over the rhubarb. Sprinkle with brown sugar mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven until filling is bubbly and crust is golden brown, 30 to 40 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 395.4 calories, Carbohydrate 60.6 g, Cholesterol 40.8 mg, Fat 15.9 g, Fiber 1.7 g, Protein 3.9 g, SaturatedFat 6.9 g, Sodium 184.4 mg, Sugar 38.8 g
FRESH RHUBARB PIE
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- Combine sugar and flour. Sprinkle 1/4 of it over pastry in pie plate. Heap rhubarb over this mixture. Sprinkle with remaining sugar and flour. Dot with small pieces of butter. Cover with top crust.
- Place pie on lowest rack in oven. Bake for 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C), and continue baking for 40 to 45 minutes. Serve warm or cold.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 289.6 calories, Carbohydrate 50.8 g, Cholesterol 3.8 mg, Fat 9.1 g, Fiber 2.1 g, Protein 2.6 g, SaturatedFat 2.8 g, Sodium 129.7 mg, Sugar 34 g
- Place the pie dough on a floured piece of parchment paper. Using your knuckles, press edges of dough to help prevent cracking. Roll out dough to a 14-inch round.
- Use the parchment to lift and wrap dough around rolling pin; carefully unroll over a 9-inch pie plate. Gently fit dough into bottom and sides of plate, being careful not to stretch or tear. Using kitchen shears, trim dough to a 1-inch overhang; fold under, and press gently to seal. Crimp edges if desired. Refrigerate 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. with rack in lowest level. In a large bowl, toss rhubarb with sugar, cornstarch, and salt. Pour into pie shell; sprinkle with Crumble Topping. Place pie on a foil-lined rimmed baking sheet.
- Place pie in oven; reduce heat to 375 degrees. Bake until topping is browned and crust is lightly browned, about 1 1/2 hours. (If topping or crust begins to brown too quickly, tent with foil.) Cool completely before serving.
Don't let baking with rhubarb intimidate you-it's easier than you think, and we'll walk you through every step. Plus, the results of our Rhubarb Pie recipe are mind-blowingly delicious. With a flaky crust and sweet and tart flavor of the rhubarb filling, our recipe for Rhubarb Pie will soon become a summer go-to. Our Rhubarb Pie recipe comes together in four simple steps with one incredible result. Once your Rhubarb Pie has cooled, grab your spoons and enjoy.
Provided by Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Heat oven to 425°F. Place 1 pie crust in 9-inch glass pie plate.
- In large bowl, mix sugar, flour and orange peel. Stir in rhubarb. Spoon into pastry-lined plate. Cut butter into small pieces; sprinkle over rhubarb.
- Cover with second crust; seal and flute. Cut slits in several places in top crust. Cover crust edge with pie crust shield ring or strips of foil to prevent excessive browning.
- Bake 50 to 55 minutes or until crust is golden brown and juice begins to bubble through slits in crust, removing foil during last 15 minutes. Cool on cooling rack at least 2 hours before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 470, Carbohydrate 86 g, Cholesterol 5 mg, Fat 2 1/2, Fiber 2 g, Protein 3 g, SaturatedFat 5 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 260 mg, Sugar 51 g, TransFat 0 g
EASY RHUBARB PIE
Rhubarb adds a slightly tart flavor and a fruity touch of spring to this homemade custard pie. Our Test Kitchen staff cooked up this lighter variation on that classic favorite.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Roll out pastry to fit a 9-in. pie plate. Transfer to pie plate coated with cooking spray; trim and flute edges. In a large bowl, combine 1 cup sugar, flour and salt. Stir in the juice concentrate, yolks and butter; mix well. Add rhubarb., In a bowl, beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in remaining sugar until stiff peaks form. Fold into rhubarb mixture. Pour into pie shell. Sprinkle with nuts., Bake at 375° for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 325°; bake 40-45 minutes longer or until golden. Cover loosely with foil during the last 10 minutes if crust is browning too quickly. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour. Store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 333 calories, Fat 12g fat (5g saturated fat), Cholesterol 62mg cholesterol, Sodium 213mg sodium, Carbohydrate 53g carbohydrate (0 sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 5g protein.
GRANDMA'S STRAWBERRY-RHUBARB PIE
Bake Grandma's Strawberry-Rhubarb Pie recipe from Food Network. This buttery homemade crust and tangy-sweet filling is the ultimate taste of home.
Provided by Food Network
Yield 1 pie
Number Of Ingredients 21
- Crust Preparation:
- Using 2 pastry blenders, blend the flours, sugar, shortening, butter and salt. Whisk the egg, vinegar and water in a 2-cup measure and pour over the dry ingredients incorporating all the liquid without overworking the dough. Toss the additional flour over the ball of dough and chill if possible. Divide the dough into 2 disks. Roll out 1 piece of dough to make a bottom crust. Place into a pie dish. Put dish in refrigerator to chill.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Filling Preparation:
- Mix the rhubarb, strawberries, sugar, tapioca, flour, zest and juice of lemon, dash of cinnamon, and vanilla. Mix well in a large bowl and pour out into chilled crust. Dot the top of the filling with the butter. Brush edges of pie crust with egg white wash. Roll out the other piece of dough and place over filling. Crimp to seal edges. Brush with egg white wash and garnish with large granule sugar. Collar with foil and bake at 425 degrees F for 15 minutes. Decrease temperature to 375 degrees F and bake for an additional 45 to 50 minutes, or until the filling starts bubbling. Higher altitude will take 450 degrees F and 400 degrees F respectively. Also, you can use a pie bird for extra decor. Let cool before serving.
PERFECT RHUBARB PIE
Nothing hides the tangy rhubarb in this lovely pie, which has just the right balance of sweet and tart. Serving this dessert is a nice way to celebrate the end of winter! - Ellen Benninger, Greenville, Pennsylvania
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Place rhubarb in a colander; pour boiling water over rhubarb and allow to drain. In a large bowl, mix sugar, flour and tapioca. Add drained rhubarb; toss to coat. Let stand 15 minutes. In a small bowl, whisk egg and cold water; stir into rhubarb mixture., Preheat oven to 400°. On a lightly floured surface, roll one half of dough to a 1/8-in.-thick circle; transfer to a 9-in. pie plate. Trim even with rim. Add filling; dot with butter. Roll remaining dough to a 1/8-in.-thick circle. Place over filling. Trim, seal and flute edge. Cut slits in top. Bake 15 minutes., Reduce oven setting to 350°. Bake until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly, 40-50 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 432 calories, Fat 16g fat (7g saturated fat), Cholesterol 40mg cholesterol, Sodium 225mg sodium, Carbohydrate 69g carbohydrate (40g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 4g protein.
STRAIGHT-UP RHUBARB PIE
This rhubarb pie contains no distractions, like strawberries. The crust is made with shortening. (Butter is fine if you want a French tart, but it's not American pie unless it's made with shortening, the author Anne Dimock said.) The top is marked with 8 razor-thin vents.
Provided by Amanda Hesser
Yield 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Make the crust: before measuring the flour, stir it to leaven with air and then measure out 2 cups. Combine the flour, salt and sugar in a large bowl and fluff with a fork. Cut the shortening into the flour with a fork or pastry blender. Stop as soon as the sheen of the butter disappears and the mixture is a bunch of coarse pieces. Sprinkle a tablespoon of water at a time over the dough, lifting and tossing it with the fork. When it begins to come together, gather the dough, press it into a ball and then pull it apart; if it crumbles in your hands, it needs more water. (It's better to err on the side of too wet than too dry.) Add a teaspoon or two more water, as needed.
- Gather the dough into two slightly unequal balls, the larger one for the bottom crust and the smaller one for the top. Flatten the larger ball, reforming any frayed edges with the sides of your hand. Dust with flour and roll the dough, starting from the center and moving toward the edges. Take a knife or thin spatula and quickly work its edge between the crust and the counter top. Lift the dough to the side; dust the dough and counter top with flour. Roll again until the diameter is an inch or 2 larger than that of the pie pan. Lay the rolling pin a third of the way from one of the edges. Roll the crust onto the pin and then unroll the crust into a 9-inch pie pan and press it into place. Place in the freezer.
- Make the filling: in a large bowl, blend the rhubarb, sugar, flour and cinnamon. Pour into the crust-lined pie pan. Dot with butter.
- Roll out the top crust. Dab the rim of the bottom crust with water to create a glue. Then place the top crust over the rhubarb; trim, seal and cut several vents. Bake for 15 minutes; reduce the temperature to 350 degrees and bake 25 to 30 minutes more, or until a bit of pink juice bubbles from the vents in the crust.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 471, UnsaturatedFat 15 grams, Carbohydrate 63 grams, Fat 23 grams, Fiber 2 grams, Protein 4 grams, SaturatedFat 7 grams, Sodium 151 milligrams, Sugar 33 grams, TransFat 3 grams
A marriage made in pastry heaven, fresh-from-the-patch sweet strawberries and ruby red rhubarb! This stunning Strawberry-Rhubarb Pie is a seasonal go-to. No fear, rhubarb is surprisingly easy to work with and Betty walks you through every step in this easy Strawberry-Rhubarb Pie. The gooey goodness of the filling paired with the flaky crust makes for a delightful dessert any day of the week. This sweet yet tart Strawberry-Rhubarb Pie recipe from scratch makes it easy to say "yes" to seconds.
Provided by By Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Heat oven to 425°F. Make pastry. Mix sugar, flour and orange peel in large bowl. Stir in rhubarb and strawberries. Turn into pastry-lined pie plate. Dot with butter.
- Trim overhanging edge of pastry 1/2 inch from rim of plate. Roll other round of pastry. Fold into fourths and cut slits so steam can escape. Place pastry over filling and unfold. Trim overhanging edge of top pastry 1 inch from rim of plate. Fold and roll top edge under lower edge, pressing on rim to seal; flute. Sprinkle with additional sugar if desired.
- Cover edge with 2- to 3-inch strip of aluminum foil to prevent excessive browning. Remove foil during last 15 minutes of baking. Bake about 55 minutes or until crust is golden brown and juice begins to bubble through slits in crust. Serve warm or cool.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 555, Carbohydrate 87 g, Cholesterol 5 mg, Fiber 3 g, Protein 5 g, SaturatedFat 6 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 310 mg
GRANDMA RAMPKE'S EASY RHUBARB CUSTARD PIE
This was my dad's favorite pie, and my mom got the recipe from his mother. It's been replicated all over the internet in the past few years. I think the first incidence can be documented to 1995.
Provided by Julesong
Yield 1 pie, 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Place 1/2 pie crust into pie plate.
- Put the rhubarb in the crust and cover with 1/2 cup sugar.
- Add the other 1/2 cup sugar to the milk and beaten eggs, and pour mixture over rhubarb.
- Sprinkle top with cinnamon.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes; let cool before serving to allow custard to set.
- Note from Julie: this was my dad's favorite pie, and my mom got the recipe from his mother.
- Note, again: I've been on the 'net for a very, very long time, and this is one of the earliest recipes that I submitted to any search engines. What I can say: it's a tried and true recipe, one we've been using for well over 50 years. It's what my mom will be serving at Christmas this year... what else can I say?
EASY STRAWBERRY RHUBARB PIE
Lower in colesterol than most recipes but still delicious! Use your own pastry recipe, store bought pie shells, my recipe for Pastry With No Trans Fat or my recipe for Whole Wheat Canola Oil Pastry - depending on how healthy you want it to be. Cover the filling with a full crust, lattice or use the topping from my Rhubarb Crumble Pie (#91390) and enjoy!
Provided by CountryLady
Yield 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Toss all ingredients together& scrape into pie shell.
- If covering the filling with pastry, moisten the edge of pie shell; cover with pastry top.
- Trim, leaving 3/4 inch overhang; fold overhang under pastry rim.
- Seal& flute edge.
- Whish the yolk of 1 egg with 1 tbsp water& brush over pastry.
- Sprinkle with sugar& cut 4 steam vents in the centre.
- OR cover filling with a lattice of pastry strips.
- OR cover filling with the crumble mixture from recipe#91390.
- Place a foil-lined baking sheet (to catch drips) on the bottom rack of a preheated 425F oven.
- Place pie on rack above& bake for 20 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350F& bake until golden with filling bubbling, about 55 to 70 minutes, shielding the edges with foil if browning too quickly.
- Let cool completely on rack.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 199.4, Fat 0.4, SaturatedFat 0.1, Sodium 3.9, Carbohydrate 48.6, Fiber 2.7, Sugar 36.5, Protein 2.1
More about "easy rhubarb pie recipes"
HOW TO MAKE RHUBARB PIE - YOUTUBE
RHUBARB IMPOSSIBLE PIE IS SO EASY, THE CRUST IS MADE WHILE THE PIE …
EASY RHUBARB PIE RECIPE | DEVOUR | COOKING CHANNEL
FROZEN RHUBARB RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
RHUBARB DUMP CAKE - SPACESHIPS AND LASER BEAMS
RHUBARB PIE RECIPE FROM GRANDMA - THESE OLD COOKBOOKS
BEST RHUBARB PIE RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE RHUBARB PIE
EASY STRAIGHT-UP RHUBARB PIE RECIPE - LITTLE SWEET BAKER
EASY STRAWBERRY-RHUBARB PIE RECIPE | CDKITCHEN.COM
BEST STRAWBERRY RHUBARB PIE RECIPE | THE RECIPE CRITIC
OLD-FASHIONED RHUBARB PIE - TASTES BETTER FROM SCRATCH
VERY SIMPLE RHUBARB PIE RECIPE – THE SIMPLE HOMEMAKER
RHUBARB PIE RECIPE | KITCHN
EASY HOMEMADE RHUBARB PIE | TASTY KITCHEN: A HAPPY RECIPE …
STRAWBERRY RHUBARB PIE (OLD FASHIONED RECIPE) - CLEVERLY SIMPLE
OLD FASHIONED RHUBARB PIE - CLEVERLY SIMPLE
OLD FASHIONED RHUBARB CUSTARD PIE LIKE MOM USED TO MAKE
30 BEST RHUBARB DESSERTS - INSANELY GOOD
EASY RHUBARB PIE RECIPE FROM SCRATCH - ALSO THE CRUMBS PLEASE
EASY RHUBARB PIE - RHUBARB PIE RECIPES
31 BEST RHUBARB RECIPES | RECIPES, DINNERS AND EASY MEAL IDEAS
EASY RHUBARB PIE RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
EASY RHUBARB PIE - ESSENTIAL PUREE
RHUBARB PIE WITH CRUMB TOP RECIPE | LAND O’LAKES
RHUBARB PIE RECIPES - PILLSBURY.COM
EASY HOMEMADE RHUBARB PIE - MY FARMHOUSE TABLE
RHUBARB PIE (OR STRAWBERRY RHUBARB PIE) A RECIPE WITH PERFECT …
EASY RHUBARB PIE - MY SAN FRANCISCO KITCHEN
CLASSIC RHUBARB CUSTARD PIE RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
A VERY EASY ONE-CRUST RHUBARB PIE | RECIPES | DELIA ONLINE
RHUBARB PIE RECIPE - BBC FOOD
EASY STRAWBERRY RHUBARB PIE RECIPE - RECIPES.NET
MOM’S CRUSTLESS RHUBARB PIE - WHOLESOME FARMHOUSE RECIPES
RHUBARB-APPLE PIE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
CLASSIC HOMEMADE RHUBARB PIE - SIMPLY SCRATCH
RHUBARB AND APPLE PIE RECIPE - OLIVEMAGAZINE.COM
RHUBARB PIE - SPEND WITH PENNIES
You'll also love