EASY HOMEMADE PICKLES
My husband grows cucumbers, garlic and dill in the garden and eagerly waits for me to make these homemade pickles. The recipe comes from my grandmother.-Angela Lienhard, Blossburg, Pennsylvania
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 quarts.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Cut each cucumber lengthwise into six spears. In a large bowl, combine cucumbers, dill and garlic; set aside. , In a Dutch oven, combine remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil; cook and stir just until sugar is dissolved. Pour over cucumber mixture; cool., Transfer to jars if desired and cover tightly. Refrigerate for at least 24 hours. Store in the refrigerator up to 2 weeks.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 5 calories, Fat 0 fat (0 saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 280mg sodium, Carbohydrate 0 carbohydrate (0 sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 0 protein. Diabetic Exchanges
SUMMERTIME SWEET PICKLES
This easy recipe gives you a great way to save a bountiful crop of cukes! Your fresh cucumbers will taste great this way. This classic method is popular with all age groups.
Provided by LIZ1888
Number Of Ingredients 7
- In a small saucepan at medium-high heat, combine cider vinegar, salt, sugar, tumeric and mustard seed. Bring to a boil and let cook for 5 more minutes.
- Meanwhile, slice cucumbers and onion. Loosely pack the vegetables in a 1-quart canning jar or other similarly sized container. Pour hot liquid over the vegetables in the container. Refrigerate for 24 hours and enjoy! Keep refrigerated.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 140.5 calories, Carbohydrate 33.5 g, Fat 0.3 g, Fiber 1.8 g, Protein 1.3 g, SaturatedFat 0.1 g, Sodium 6.1 mg, Sugar 27.5 g
EASY SUMMER PICKLES
- In a very large bowl, place the vegetables and the sliced onion.
- Toss with salt and cover with cold water.
- Allow to stand for 1 hour, then drain thoroughly but do not rinse.
- In a 3-quart, non-aluminum saucepan, combine vinegar, sugar and spices.
- Bring to a boil.
- Simmer 5 minutes.
- Pour the vinegar mixture over the vegetables, tossing to coat.
- Allow to stand for 2 hours.
- Transfer to a non-aluminum container and chill in the refrigerator.
- Store for up to 1 month in brine in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 594.5, Fat 1.6, SaturatedFat 0.1, Sodium 14163.5, Carbohydrate 137.9, Fiber 2.2, Sugar 129.4, Protein 2.1
Provided by Katie Lee Biegel
Yield about 2 quarts pickles
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In a nonreactive stockpot over medium-high heat, bring the vinegar, water, sugar, salt, peppercorns and bay leaf (and chile flakes, if using) to a boil, stirring until the sugar dissolves. Add the cucumbers (or pineapple), then remove from the heat and let cool completely. Transfer to an airtight container and refrigerate until serving. Drain before serving. (Pickles keep, refrigerated, about 2 weeks.)
BEST EVER SWEET PICKLES
I pack away homegrown cucumbers every summer. This recipe is based on the pickled veggies in Brown Eggs and Jam Jars by Aimee Wimbush-Bourque, but I've made it less mustardy and more garlicky to fit my family's tastes. This method keeps them incredibly, refreshingly crunchy. -Ellie Martin Cliffe, Taste of Home Digital Deputy Editor
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 pints.
Number Of Ingredients 12
- In a large nonreactive bowl, combine cucumbers, onion and salt. Cover with crushed ice and mix well. Let stand 3 hours. Drain; rinse and drain thoroughly., In a Dutch oven, combine sugar, water, vinegars, mustard seed, celery seed and peppercorns. Bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve sugar. Add cucumber mixture; return to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 4-5 minutes or until heated through., Carefully ladle hot mixture into 4 hot wide-mouth 1-pint jars, leaving 1/2-in. headspace. Add 3 garlic cloves and 1 bay leaf to each jar. Remove air bubbles and, if necessary, adjust headspace by adding hot pickling liquid. Wipe rims. Center lids on jars; screw on bands until fingertip tight. , Place jars into canner with simmering water, ensuring that they are completely covered with water. Bring to a boil; process for 10 minutes. Remove jars and cool.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 35 calories, Fat 0 fat (0 saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 175mg sodium, Carbohydrate 8g carbohydrate (7g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 0 protein.
EASY SWEET PICKLES
I make a few jars at a time. This recipe is worth the 7 day wait, so plan ahead if making this recipe. These pickles remind me of my grandmothers 14-day pickles. I have tried this recipe with 6 gloves and the taste just isn't the same. If you don't care for gloves 6 cloves might be the route you take. Also, powdered cinnamon can be used in place of the cinnamon sticks. If you want to add the powder omit the cinnamon sticks and add 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon. I have only used the cinnamon sticks. These pickles don't last long in this house and I hope they won't in yours either.
Provided by Sunshine
Categories For Large Groups
Yield 1 32oz jar, 15 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Drain pickles and reserve the liquid.
- Cut pickles into 1 inch chunks, return to the jar pickles came inches.
- Add the vinegar, whole cloves, and cinnamon to the jar of pickles.
- Add sugar alternating with a little pickle juice to the pickle jar, but make sure all sugar is added to the jar of pickles.
- Add only enough juice to cover pickles.
- (amount may very depending on how the pickles settle in the jar).
- Put lid on and shake the pickle jar until the sugar is dissolved.
- Place in the refrigerator.
- Shake once daily for 7 days.
- (For those that can't wait 7 days to try these pickles. You can dig in early, but please note the pickles are better the longer they set.).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 88.5, Fat 0.1, Sodium 775.4, Carbohydrate 22.5, Fiber 0.7, Sugar 22.1, Protein 0.4
More about "easy summer pickles recipes"
43 PICKLE RECIPES TO MAKE THIS SUMMER - ARCHANA'S …
4/5 (37)Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
QUICK & EASY SUMMER PICKLES - MYKITCHENWAND.COM
10+ EASY SUMMER APPETIZERS
EASY SUMMER PICKLES RECIPE - COOKEATSHARE
3 DAY SUN PICKLES RECIPE - NO CANNING EXPERIENCE NEEDED!
30+ PICKLE RECIPES FOR SUMMER HARVEST - HOBBIES ON A BUDGET
EASY REFRIGERATOR PICKLES - MOMMY HATES COOKING
SAME DAY SUMMER PICKLES - THE ENGLISH KITCHEN
PICKLED WATERMELON RECIPE – MELANIE COOKS
SUMMER PICKLES » NOW YOU'RE COOKING : A COOK'S EMPORIUM
SUMMER IN A JAR: QUICK AND EASY REFRIGERATOR PICKLES
QUICK PICKLED CUCUMBERS | EASY REFRIGERATOR PICKLES RECIPE
EASY SUMMER PICKLES - CANNING-RECIPES.COM
SIMPLE SUMMER PICKLES RECIPE | PCC COMMUNITY MARKETS
EASY SWEET PICKLE RECIPE | MCCORMICK
SUPER EASY DILL PICKLES - SERVED FROM SCRATCH
BEST EASY PICKLING RECIPES RECIPES, NEWS, TIPS AND HOW-TOS
QUICK PICKLE RECIPES FOR SUMMER PRODUCE - FOOD NETWORK
15 BEST PICKLE RECIPES (HOMEMADE PICKLES) - SNAPPY GOURMET
9 QUICK AND EASY PICKLES | FOOD & WINE
EASY HOMEMADE PICKLES RECIPE - COOKIE AND KATE
10 PICKLED RECIPES TO MAKE THIS SUMMER - KITCHN
QUICK PICKLES WITH SUMMER PRODUCE | ALLRECIPES
SUMMER RECIPES WITH PICKLES - 55 RECIPES | TASTYCRAZE.COM
7 EASY PICKLES FOR SUMMER - CHOWHOUND
21 CRUNCHY QUICK PICKLE RECIPES | CHATELAINE
EASY SUMMER PICKLES RECIPE - COOKING INDEX
HUNGARIAN SUMMER DILL PICKLES RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
EASY REFRIGERATOR PICKLES RECIPE | MYRECIPES
12 SUMMER PICKLES AND PRESERVES RECIPES | LEITE'S CULINARIA
SUMMERTIME SWEET PICKLES - YUM TASTE
EASY SUMMER PICKLES - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
FREEZER PICKLES RECIPE EASY - THERESCIPES.INFO
EASY PICKLE RECIPE YOU WOULD LOVE TO TRY THIS SUMMER!
EASY REFRIGERATOR PICKLES - GIMME SOME OVEN
SUMMER PICKLE RECIPES — EATWELL101
EASY HOMEMADE PICKLE RECIPES - HOST A PICKLE PARTY
HOW TO QUICK PICKLE ANY SUMMER VEGETABLE - KITCHN
BEST FERMENTED PICKLES WITH STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS
7 AWESOME DIY SUMMER PICKLES | FOOD & WINE
Easy Summer Refrigerator Pickle Recipe1K views-23:41
Quick Refrigerator Pickles - Easy Homemade Summer Pickles [Outdoor SurThrival]48 views-06:32
**Super EASY** Dill Pickles || Summer Canning || Large Family Food Storage137K views-16:14
End Of Summer Quick Garden Pickle Recipe - Glen And Friends Cooking22K views-08:40
Simple & Easy Homemade Mango Pickle Recipe | Summer Special | Ruby's Lovely World Recipes491 views-06:39
How to Make Easy Quick Pickles - The Easiest Way45K views-02:57
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make pickles?These pickles are so easy to make! You’ll find the full recipe below, but here’s a preview: Slice your cucumbers as desired. Whisk together a basic brine made of water, vinegar and seasonings. Pack the cucumbers into a jar, add some dill and garlic, and pour the brine over it all. Refrigerate until the pickles taste sufficiently “pickled!”
What is the best way to pickle cucumbers?These quick pickled vegetables only require a few ingredients - thinly sliced cucumbers, sweet onions, salt, sugar, vinegar, and a few special spices (and a refrigerator) for easy pickled cucumbers. Photo credit: Lindsay Landis from Love & Olive Oil. 1 Place cucumber slices and onions in medium glass bowl. Set aside.
How long does it take to make pickles from dill?This recipe for dill refrigerator pickles is ready in 1 to 3 hours, depending on how you slice your cucumbers. Recipe yields 1 medium jar of pickles (about 2 cups sliced pickles or 16 spears).
What is a good recipe for pickled garlic sauce?1 1/2 cups water. 3 tablespoons white vinegar or apple cider vinegar. 1 1/2 tablespoons kosher or pickling salt*. 2 teaspoons black peppercorns. 5 cloves garlic, peeled. 6 large sprigs fresh dill. 1 bay leaf. (optional) 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, or more/less to taste.