MAMA'S OLD-FASHIONED ALBONDIGAS (MEATBALL SOUP)
- Pour water into a large stockpot over high heat. Stir in 3 cups tomato sauce, yellow onion, chicken bouillon, garlic, and 1 tablespoon dried oregano. Bring broth to a slow boil.
- Combine ground beef, eggs, 1/2 cup tomato sauce, white rice, 1/4 cup cilantro, seasoned salt, 1 tablespoon dried oregano, onion powder, garlic powder, black pepper, and cumin in a large bowl. Squeeze mixture with your hands until thoroughly mixed.
- Scoop 1/4 cup of beef mixture and form in a ball. Lower gently into boiling broth. Repeat with remaining beef mixture.
- Stir potatoes, carrots, and celery into the broth. Cover and simmer until meatballs and potatoes are tender, about 30 minutes. Stir in zucchini and cabbage. Cover and simmer until cabbage is tender, about 10 minutes.
- Serve with a squeeze of lemon juice and garnish with avocado and 1/4 cup cilantro.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 368.6 calories, Carbohydrate 29.5 g, Cholesterol 127.8 mg, Fat 15.3 g, Fiber 5.5 g, Protein 29.2 g, SaturatedFat 5.8 g, Sodium 1125.3 mg, Sugar 7.2 g
HOMEMADE ALBONDIGAS SOUP
This soup reminds me of when I was young, staying home from school. My grandmother would make this for me. It is so good and flavorful. It is great for a cold rainy day, or any day you feel like it. You can substitute any of the veggies for ones you like better. My grandmother would also make Mexican rice and scoop some into my bowl to make it even better!
Provided by Melissa Washington
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Place the ground beef, 1/2 of the cilantro, 1/2 of the chopped onion, the garlic, garlic salt, and onion powder in a bowl. Sprinkle with salt and black pepper, and mix gently until combined. Form the meat mixture into golf ball-sized meatballs.
- Spray a large skillet with nonstick spray, and brown the meatballs carefully over medium-high heat; remove the meatballs and set aside (the meatballs do not need to be fully cooked; they will finish cooking in the soup). Cook and stir the remaining onion in the same skillet over medium-low heat until translucent, about 10 minutes.
- Pour the chicken broth into a large pot, and stir in the onion; add the carrots, celery, and potatoes. Bring to a boil over high heat; reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are nearly tender, about 15 minutes. Add the meatballs and the remaining cilantro; simmer for 30 minutes. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 275 calories, Carbohydrate 26 g, Cholesterol 46.4 mg, Fat 12.1 g, Fiber 4.5 g, Protein 15.7 g, SaturatedFat 4.7 g, Sodium 159.4 mg, Sugar 4.1 g
BEST ALBONDIGAS SOUP
This albondigas soup recipe was given to me from my mother-in-law. It's definitely one my favorite soups. Honestly, it's better than most restaurants that I've tried.
Provided by RuizA
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 20
- Make the meatballs first: Combine everything and mix thoroughly.
- Form meatballs and roll between your palms (Otherwise, meatballs will fall apart in the soup).
- You should make around 20 to 24 meatballs, set aside.
- Combine chicken broth, onion, celery, tomatoes and their liquid, cumin, oregano and cilantro leaves in a large pot.
- Bring to boil, and reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Drop meatballs in the soup (Make sure the soup is slightly boiling, the meatballs need to be cooked quickly).
- Return to simmer and cook another 10 minutes.
- Add zucchini and cook 10 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- You could top the soup with cooked rice, or just by itself.
EASY...EASY ALBONDIGAS SOUP
This recipe is so easy to toss together! It's also very easy to adjust to your own tastes...we like to add chopped jalapeno and garlic when making the meatballs. This is another one of those...dinners in 30 minutes that I like so well on a work night.
Provided by katie in the UP
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Mix seasonings and onion and jalapeno (optional but perfect spiciness)with ground beef.
- Form into meatballs (approx 1 inch) around sliced of hard boiled egg and place into a large soup kettle.
- Fry until ground beef is just about done.
- Add everything except corn and spinach.
- Simmer until carrot is soft.
- Add corn and spinach.
- Heat thoroughly.
- Sprinkle cilantro once soup has been served.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 409.2, Fat 14.9, SaturatedFat 5.4, Cholesterol 73.7, Sodium 1985.2, Carbohydrate 36.2, Fiber 7.2, Sugar 11.2, Protein 36.5
ALBONDIGAS (MEXICAN MEATBALL SOUP) RECIPE BY TASTY
Albondigas is a traditional Mexican soup of beef and turkey meatballs simmered in a fragrant tomato and chicken broth. Filled with vegetables and spices, it's hearty and delicious. Don't forget the toppings! Sliced avocado, shaved radishes, cilantro, crumbled queso fresco, and serrano peppers add even more flavor and texture.
Provided by Aleya Zenieris
Yield 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 30
- Make the meatballs: In a large bowl, combine the ground beef, ground turkey, rice, egg, garlic, salt, pepper, cumin, and cilantro and gently mix together until well combined. Use an ice cream scoop or your hands to shape the meatballs into 1½-inch balls, about the size of a golf ball. You should have about 25 meatballs.
- Heat a large Dutch oven over medium heat. Add the canola oil and warm for about 1 minute. Working in batches, add the meatballs in a single layer and brown on all sides, about 5 minutes total. Transfer to a baking sheet and repeat with the remaining meatballs.
- Make the soup: Reduce the heat to medium-low. Add the onion to the pot, scraping up any browned bits on the bottom with a wooden spoon. Cook until the onion is soft and translucent, 5-7 minutes. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, 2-3 minutes. Add the cumin, oregano, and ancho chile and continue cooking for another minute, until fragrant.
- Add the carrots, celery, potatoes, salt, pepper, tomatoes and their juices, and stock and stir to combine. Cover the pot and let the soup simmer for 30-35 minutes, until the vegetables have softened.
- Add the meatballs and cook, covered, until cooked through, 15-20 minutes.
- Season the soup with salt, pepper, and lime juice to taste.
- Immediately ladle the soup into bowls, discarding the ancho chile. Top with avocado, radishes, cilantro, queso fresco, serrano peppers, and a generous squeeze of lime juice. Serve with hot sauce on the side.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 753 calories, Carbohydrate 54 grams, Fat 45 grams, Fiber 3 grams, Protein 29 grams, Sugar 11 grams
EASY ALBONDIGAS SOUP (MEXICAN MEATBALL SOUP) RECIPE - (4.7/5)
Provided by TLoya
Number Of Ingredients 22
- Soup: Combine all the soup ingredients listed above (except the squash)in a large pot and heat to a boil. While you're waiting for the soup to boil make the meatballs. Meatballs: Combine all the meatball ingredients listed above; in a bowl. Get your hands damp/wet and mix well by hand. Once your soup has started boiling; form your meatballs into 1 inch balls and drop them into the soup. Lastly; add in the Mexican Squash. Cook until the meatballs and squash are cooked; about 20 minutes. Taste test, then adjust seasonings to your taste. Serve in large bowls accompanied with tortillas of your choice.
More about "easyeasy albondigas soup recipes"
EASY ALBONDIGAS SOUP RECIPE - FABULESSLY FRUGAL
HOMEMADE ALBONDIGAS SOUP - LA CREMA
THE BEST VEGETARIAN MEXICAN ALBONDIGAS SOUP RECIPE
ALBONDIGAS SOUP - PINCH AND SWIRL
BEST AUTHENTIC ALBONDIGAS SOUP RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
ALBONDIGAS SOUP WITH BEEF & PORK . MEXICAN RECIPE - COOK AFTER ME
ALBONDIGAS (MEATBALL) SOUP - EASY MEXICAN RECIPE | THE FOODIE …
CROCK POT ALBONDIGAS SOUP RECIPE | SOMEWHAT SIMPLE
ALBONDIGAS SOUP | EASY WEEKNIGHT RECIPES
ALBONDIGAS SOUP RECIPE (MEXICAN MEATBALL SOUP)
ALBONDIGAS SOUP (HEARTY MEXICAN MEATBALL SOUP) - RECIPES
ALBóNDIGAS SOUP (SOPA DE ALBóNDIGAS) — ZESTFUL KITCHEN
GRANDMA'S FAMOUS ALBONDIGAS SOUP (+VIDEO) | LIL' LUNA
ALBONDIGAS SOUP (CALDO DE ALBóNDIGAS) - POSH JOURNAL
ALBONDIGAS SOUP (MEXICAN MEATBALL SOUP) - FLAVOR MOSAIC
FLAVORFUL ALBONDIGAS SOUP RECIPE  (MUST TRY!)
SIMPLE WAY TO MAKE ALBONDIGAS SOUP PERFECT - VIEWEAT RECIPES
21 ALBONDIGAS SOUP RECIPE WITH RICE - SELECTED RECIPES
ALMONDIGAS SOUP - FILIPINO MEATBALL-NOODLE SOUP - FOXY FOLKSY
ALBONDIGAS SOUP - SAFEWAY
ALBONDIGAS SOUP - IMMACULATE BITES
ALBONDIGAS SOUP - RECIPE! - LIVE. LOVE. LAUGH. FOOD.
ALBONDIGAS SOUP - DINNER AT THE ZOO
RECIPE: 15-MINUTE ALBONDIGAS SOUP - NEW MEXICO BEEF COUNCIL
HEALTHY MEXICAN ALBONDIGAS SOUP | RECIPE BY - MUY DELISH
ALBONDIGAS (MEXICAN MEATBALL SOUP) | YELLOWBLISSROAD.COM
ALBONDIGAS SOUP (MEATBALL SOUP) - KYLEE COOKS
WORLD BEST JALAPENO FOOD RECIPES: EASY...EASY ALBONDIGAS SOUP
QUICK AND EASY ALBONDIGAS SOUP - TWO TIMING MOM
BEST ALBONDIGAS SOUP RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE ALBONDIGAS SOUP
SLOW COOKER ALBONDIGAS SOUP RECIPE - MY EDIBLE FOOD
SAVOURY ALBONDIGAS SOUP FROM SPAIN - VISIT SOUTHERN SPAIN
ALBONDIGAS - THE SALTY MARSHMALLOW
ALBONDIGAS SOUP | MEXICAN PLEASE
ALBONDIGAS SOUP (MEATBALL SOUP) - THE RECIPE REBEL
AUTHENTIC MEXICAN ALBONDIGAS SOUP WITH CHIPOTLE
ALBONDIGAS SOUP RECIPE (CALDO DE ALBONDIGAS ... - CHILI PEPPER …
You'll also love