EGGNOG CREAM WITH SPICED PECAN RAISIN DUNKERS
I have a thing for eggnog and other creamy desserts like s'mores, pudding, mousses and dips. So I turned them into one yummy dip with homemade dunkers. -Arlene Erlbach, Morton Grove, Illinois
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 16 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, beat cake mix, oil and eggs until well blended. Stir in pecans and raisins., Divide dough in half. On baking sheets, roll each portion between 2 sheets of parchment into a 12x8-in. rectangle. Refrigerate 30 minutes. Meanwhile, In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, marshmallow creme, extract, nutmeg and cinnamon until smooth; fold in whipped topping. Refrigerate, covered, until serving., Remove top sheet of parchment from dough. Cut each dough rectangle in half lengthwise; cut crosswise into 1-in. strips. Transfer to parchment-lined baking sheets. (Refrigerate any remaining strips until ready to bake.) Bake 8-10 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Cool on pans 4 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool., Sprinkle eggnog cream with additional nutmeg; serve with dunkers.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 448 calories, Fat 24g fat (8g saturated fat), Cholesterol 42mg cholesterol, Sodium 318mg sodium, Carbohydrate 54g carbohydrate (37g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 4g protein.
EGGNOG WHIPPED CREAM
- Chill metal beaters for an electric mixer and a large metal bowl in the freezer for at least 5 minutes. Pour cream into chilled bowl and whip with electric mixer on high speed until cream is soft and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Slowly beat in sugar, whipping cream until it holds stiff peaks. Gradually beat in vanilla, rum, nutmeg; whipping cream to stiff peaks each time before adding next ingredient. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 62.7 calories, Carbohydrate 2.2 g, Cholesterol 20.4 mg, Fat 5.6 g, Protein 0.3 g, SaturatedFat 3.5 g, Sodium 5.8 mg, Sugar 1.7 g
- Put the cream and advocaat in a bowl. Using an electric whisk, whip until thick but still soft. Serve with a holiday hotcake, or indeed any festive pudding.
MOM'S BEST SPICED EGGNOG
This eggnog recipe was the traditional holiday drink while growing up and now it's the traditional drink in my home. I've tried several nog recipes, but to this day this one is still my favorite. Optional: add brandy or liqueur of choice when serving.
Provided by AdamJenkins
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Combine sugar, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice in a bowl.
- Whip egg whites with an electric mixer on high speed until soft peaks form. Reduce speed to medium and beat, gradually adding 1/2 of sugar mixture, until stiff peaks form.
- Beat egg yolks in a separate bowl until thick and lemon colored. Mix remaining sugar mixture into the yolks. Fold yolk mixture into the egg whites. Add milk and half-and-half; combine gently. Garnish with remaining cinnamon.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 311.2 calories, Carbohydrate 47.3 g, Cholesterol 137.3 mg, Fat 10.5 g, Fiber 0.2 g, Protein 8.5 g, SaturatedFat 5.6 g, Sodium 102.1 mg, Sugar 44.9 g
EGGNOG CREAM PIE RECIPE BY TASTY
This creamy, custardy pie is made with real eggnog, nutmeg, and hints of brandy and bourbon in a gingersnap pecan crust, then topped with fluffy whipped cream, toasted pecans, boozy caramel sauce, and more nutmeg! It's sure to be the showstopper of your holiday spread.
Provided by Aleya Zenieris
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 24
- Make the crust: Preheat the oven to 350˚F (180˚C). Lightly grease a 9-inch pie tin with nonstick spray.
- Add the gingersnap cookies and pecans to a food processor and pulse until finely ground. Transfer to a medium bowl and stir in the sugar, ginger, nutmeg, and salt. Make a well in the center and pour in the melted butter, then mix until well incorporated.
- Transfer the cookie crumb mixture to the prepared pie tin, then use a flat-bottomed measuring cup or drinking glass to press evenly against the bottom and up the sides. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Bake the pie crust for 15 minutes, until golden brown and set. Remove from the oven and let cool while you make the filling.
- Make the filling: Add the sugar and cornstarch to a medium saucepan and whisk very well to remove any lumps. Gradually pour in the eggnog, whisking between additions, to prevent lumps. Whisk in the egg yolks, nutmeg, and salt. Cook over medium heat, whisking constantly, until the custard thickens to the consistency of pudding and starts to boil, 4-6 minutes. Remove the pot from the heat and whisk in the butter, brandy, and rum, if using, until smooth.
- Pour the custard over the cooled crust and cover the pie with plastic wrap, pressing directly against the surface of the custard to prevent a skin from forming. Refrigerate for 2-3 hours, until completely set.
- Just before serving, make the whipped cream: In a medium bowl, whip the cream with an electric hand mixer on medium speed until soft peaks form, 1-2 minutes. (Alternatively, use a whisk to whip the cream until soft peaks form, 2-3 minutes.) Add the powdered sugar and vanilla and whip until medium peaks form and the cream holds its shape, 1-2 minutes more; do not over whip.
- Dollop the whipped cream on top of the pie. Top with caramel syrup, gingersnap cookie crumbs, toasted pecan pieces, and nutmeg.
More about "eggnog cream with spiced pecan raisin dunkers recipes"
EGGNOG+CAKE RECIPES, PAGE 4 | BIGOVEN
EGGNOG CREAM WITH SPICED PECAN RAISIN DUNKERS | RECIPE …
GLAZED PECAN EGGNOG BREAD - SCOTCH & SCONES
34 CREAM CHEESE DIP RECIPES NO ONE CAN RESIST
PECAN EGGNOG CINNAMON ROLLS WITH MAPLE CREAM CHEESE FROSTING ...
CREAMY EGGNOG BARS : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
34 CREAM CHEESE DIP RECIPES FOR EVERY OCCASION - TASTE OF HOME
EGGNOG ICE CREAM WITH RUM RAISIN SAUCE - OURONEACREFARM.COM
SPICY PECAN ROLL WITH EGGNOG ICE CREAM - BIGOVEN.COM
EGGNOG CREAM - PERFECT FOR CHRISTMAS! | GREEDY GOURMET
EGGNOG PANNA COTTA WITH RUM SOAKED RAISINS AND PECANS
PECAN EGGNOG ICE CREAM - PECAN
BEST EGGNOG CREAM PIE RECIPES | FOOD NETWORK CANADA
EGGNOG CREAM WITH SPICED PECAN RAISIN DUNKERS | KIMBERLEY H
ASTRAY RECIPES: SPICY PECAN ROLL WITH EGGNOG ICE CREAM
DASHER'S CREAMY HOMEMADE EGGNOG RECIPE - GINGER WITH SPICE
CARDAMOM-SPICED EGGNOG & PISTACHIO CREAM RECIPE - HOUSE
WHAT TO DO WITH LEFTOVER EGGNOG : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
WALMART IS SELLING EGGNOG ICE CREAM RIGHT NOW | TASTE OF HOME
INDIVIDUAL CHALLAH BREAD PUDDINGS WITH GOLDEN RAISINS AND …
RECIPE: CREAMY EGGNOG SQUARES | DUNCAN HINES CANADA®
EGGNOG CREAM WITH SPICED PECAN RAISIN DUNKERS RECIPE: …
SPICED EGGNOG RECIPE | MYRECIPES
EGGNOG CREAM WITH SPICED PECAN RAISIN DUNKERS RECIPE
BREADNOG PUDDING WITH EGGNOG AMD PECAN RUM SAUCE - THE STAR
BUTTER PECAN SIPPING CREAM RECIPES - THERESCIPES.INFO
EGGNOG PIE IN PECAN CRUST RECIPE - BAKERRECIPES.COM
WHAT IS EGGNOG—AND WHY DO WE DRINK IT AT CHRISTMAS?
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
Where can I buy eggnog ice cream?When Can I Buy the Ice Cream? The best part is that eggnog ice cream is currently available at Walmart. That’s right—there’s no need to wait until November or December to taste this holiday goodness! And at just $1.97 for a 48-ounce container, it will be easy to save up for holiday shopping.
What to do with Eggnog and cream puffs?—Lisa Varner, El Paso, Texas I have a thing for eggnog and other creamy desserts like s’mores, pudding, mousses and dips. So I turned them into one yummy dip with homemade dunkers. —Arlene Erlbach, Morton Grove, Illinois If you want to receive rave reviews and recipe requests, combine two Christmas classics: eggnog and cream puffs.
What do you put eggnog in your cookies?My husband loves the creamy richness of eggnog, so I add it to the dough and buttercream icing in these cookies. Top each one with a sprinkle of nutmeg. -Joan Sarge, Asheville, North Carolina.
What to do with leftover eggnog and cranberries?To use up leftover eggnog, cranberries and pecans from the holiday season, I added them to a classic coffee cake recipe. Mix it all together the night before, and bake it in the morning. —Lisa Varner, El Paso, Texas