- In medium saucepan, whisk milk and sugar over medium heat until sugar is dissolved, 1 to 2 minutes. In a large bowl, whisk egg yolks. Whisking constantly, pour hot mixture into yolks in a slow and steady stream.
- Return mixture to pan; cook over medium-low heat, stirring often, until thick enough to coat back of spoon, 20 to 25 minutes; do not let simmer. Quickly strain into a bowl. Stir in bourbon, if desired, and cream. Cool completely; cover with plastic wrap; refrigerate until chilled. Garnish with nutmeg, if desired.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the egg yolks until they lighten in color. Gradually add the 1/3 cup sugar and continue to beat until it is completely dissolved. Add the milk, cream, bourbon and nutmeg and stir to combine.
- Place the egg whites in the bowl of a stand mixer and beat to soft peaks. With the mixer still running gradually add the 1 tablespoon of sugar and beat until stiff peaks form.
- Whisk the egg whites into the mixture. Chill and serve.
- Cook's Note: For cooked eggnog, follow procedure below.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the egg yolks until they lighten in color. Gradually add the 1/3 cup sugar and continue to beat until it is completely dissolved. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, over high heat, combine the milk, heavy cream and nutmeg and bring just to a boil, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat and gradually temper the hot mixture into the egg and sugar mixture. Then return everything to the pot and cook until the mixture reaches 160 degrees F. Remove from the heat, stir in the bourbon, pour into a medium mixing bowl, and set in the refrigerator to chill.
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat the egg whites to soft peaks. With the mixer running gradually add the 1 tablespoon of sugar and beat until stiff peaks form. Whisk the egg whites into the chilled mixture.
A great traditional eggnog with brandy and dark rum. I found this recipe a few years back and have been making it around the holidays and giving it as gifts every year since. It usually goes pretty quick and a lot of my family and friends who say they don't like eggnog like this stuff!
Provided by phalanx0
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Beat eggs with an electric mixer on medium speed until very frothy, 2 to 3 minutes. Gradually beat in sugar, vanilla extract, and 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg. Stir in cream, milk, brandy, and rum. Chill before serving. Sprinkle individual servings with remaining nutmeg.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 211.5 calories, Carbohydrate 13.3 g, Cholesterol 100.4 mg, Fat 12 g, Protein 3.5 g, SaturatedFat 7 g, Sodium 44.7 mg, Sugar 12.6 g
Once you taste homemade eggnog, you'll never go back to the stuff in the carton. This is our go-to version for the holiday season. It's festive and decadent, laced with nutmeg and vanilla. We lightened it up by folding in whipped cream and made the booze optional so that it's good for young and old alike.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 4 to 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Whisk the eggs, egg yolk and sugar in a bowl until combined. Heat the milk and 1/2 cup heavy cream in a medium saucepan over medium heat until steaming; do not boil. Remove from the heat. Whisk 1 cup of the hot milk mixture into the egg mixture, then whisk the egg mixture back into the saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon, until the mixture is thick enough to coat the back of the spoon and a thermometer registers 165 degrees F, about 5 minutes. (Do not boil or the eggs will curdle.)
- Strain the mixture through a fine-mesh sieve into a large bowl and stir in the vanilla and nutmeg. Let cool at room temperature, about 1 hour. Cover and refrigerate until cold, at least 2 hours or up to 1 week.
- Whisk the remaining 1/2 cup heavy cream in a large bowl until stiff peaks form. Slowly whisk the whipped cream into the chilled eggnog mixture, then whisk in the rum. Pour into glasses, sprinkle with nutmeg and serve with cinnamon sticks.
Once, I asked my mother how to make eggnog, and she showed me this recipe. After just one taste, folks will know this homemade holiday treat came from the kitchen, not from the store. -Pat Waymire, Yellow Springs, Ohio
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 12 servings (3 quarts).
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In a heavy saucepan, whisk together eggs, sugar and salt. Gradually add 4 cups milk; cook and stir over low heat until a thermometer reads 160°-170°, 30-35 minutes. Do not allow to boil. Immediately transfer to a large bowl., Stir in vanilla, nutmeg and remaining milk. Place bowl in an ice-water bath, stirring until milk mixture is cool. (If mixture separates, process in a blender until smooth.) Refrigerate, covered, until cold, at least 3 hours. , To serve, beat cream until soft peaks form. Whisk gently into cooled milk mixture. If desired, sprinkle with additional nutmeg before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 411 calories, Fat 25g fat (14g saturated fat), Cholesterol 247mg cholesterol, Sodium 251mg sodium, Carbohydrate 35g carbohydrate (35g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 13g protein.
- Bring milk just to a boil in a 2-quart heavy saucepan. Whisk together eggs and sugar in a large bowl, then add hot milk in a slow stream, whisking. Pour mixture into saucepan and cook over moderately low heat, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon, until mixture registers 170°F on thermometer, 6 to 7 minutes.
- Pour custard through a fine-mesh sieve into cleaned large bowl and stir in cream, bourbon, brandy, and vanilla. Cool completely, uncovered, then chill, covered, until cold, at least 3 hours and up to 24.
This is a great eggnog with or without alcohol. I put in the alcohol! It is from "Company's Coming for Christmas. Salute!
Provided by Bergy
Categories Punch Beverage
Yield 20 Cups
Number Of Ingredients 11
- You will need 3 medium to large bowls.
- In the first bowl beat egg whites until they start to thicken.
- Add 1 cup sugar, beat until thick.
- In the second bowl: Beat egg yolks and salt until thick.
- Combine beaten egg whites with yolks and beat until mixed and thick.
- In a third large bowl beat cream until it starts to thicken.
- Add 2 tbsp sugar & vanilla to the beaten cream.
- Add milk, rum & whiskey beating continually (for non alcoholic eggnog omit the alcohol and add artificial rum flavoring doing it a tsp at a time until you achieve the desired taste).
- Combine all the ingredients, and chill.
- Serve with a garnish of a sprinkle of nutmeg on top of each glass.
- Heat milk, sugar, and vanilla bean and seeds in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, whisking until sugar has dissolved. Whisk yolks in a large bowl. Pour hot milk mixture into yolks in a slow, steady stream, whisking.
- Return milk-yolk mixture to pan, and cook over medium-low heat, whisking often, until thick enough to coat the back of a spoon, about 20 minutes (do not let simmer). Pour through a fine sieve into a bowl; discard bean. Whisk in cream, bourbon, and rum. Let cool completely. Cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate until cold, about 1 hour (up to 1 day). Serve sprinkled with nutmeg.
More about "eggnog recipes"
HOW TO MAKE HOMEMADE EGGNOG - CLASSIC EGGNOG …
4.6/5 (16)Calories 476 per serving
- In a small saucepan over low heat, combine milk, cinnamon, nutmeg, and vanilla and slowly bring mixture to a low boil.
- Slowly add hot milk mixture to egg yolks in batches to temper the eggs and whisk until combined.
- Return mixture to saucepan and cook over medium heat until slightly thick (and coats the back of a spoon) but does not boil. (If using a candy thermometer, mixture should reach 160º.) Remove from heat and stir in heavy cream and, if using, bourbon.
HOW TO MAKE EGGNOG - BEST HOMEMADE EGGNOG RECIPE
EGGNOG RECIPES, FROM CLASSIC NOG WITH RUM TO FRENCH TOAST
CLASSIC EGGNOG - LCBO
CREAMY EGGNOG RECIPE - CAFE DELITES
CLASSIC HOMEMADE EGGNOG RECIPE - THE COUNTRY COOK
EASY HOMEMADE EGGNOG RECIPE - EATING ON A DIME
42 GENIUS EGGNOG IDEAS - FOOD.COM
35 HOLIDAY RECIPES USING EGGNOG I TASTE OF HOME
BEST EGGNOG RECIPES | FOOD NETWORK CANADA
5 MINUTE HOMEMADE BLENDER EGGNOG - THE CHUNKY CHEF
EASY HOMEMADE NON-ALCOHOLIC EGGNOG RECIPE | THE RECIPE CRITIC
OPERATION EGGNOG: 24 SPLENDID RECIPES THAT USE EGGNOG …
THE BEST CLASSIC EGGNOG | SOUTHERN LIVING
TRADITIONAL EGGNOG RECIPE - SIMPLY RECIPES
HOMEMADE EGGNOG RECIPE - PINCH ME, I'M EATING
25 EGGNOG DESSERTS FOR THE HOLIDAYS - INSANELY GOOD RECIPES
HOMEMADE EGGNOG RECIPE - TASTES BETTER FROM SCRATCH
EGGNOG RECIPE - DINNER, THEN DESSERT
EGGNOG | RICARDO
HOMEMADE EGGNOG | RECIPE FROM YOUR HOMEBASED MOM
20 BEST HOLIDAY EGGNOG COCKTAIL RECIPES - THE SPRUCE EATS
THE CREAMIEST HOMEMADE EGGNOG - GEMMA’S BIGGER BOLDER BAKING
EGGNOG RECIPE | CHRISTMAS RECIPES | GORDON RAMSAY RESTAURANTS
EGGNOG RECIPE - BBC FOOD
EGGNOG RECIPES FOR AN ALL-YEAR-ROUND TREAT! - HOME STRATOSPHERE
20 HOLIDAY EGGNOG COCKTAILS - INSANELY GOOD RECIPES
EASY NO COOK EGGNOG | MCCORMICK
CLASSIC EGGNOG RECIPE - ALTON BROWN
THE BEST HOMEMADE EGGNOG RECIPES | SMACKERAL
EASY HOMEMADE COOKED EGGNOG - ERREN'S KITCHEN
EGGNOG RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
51 EGGNOG DESSERT RECIPES: HOLIDAY FAVORITES - BLISS DEGREE
CLASSIC EGGNOG RECIPE - THE KIWI COUNTRY GIRL
EGGNOG RECIPE AT HOME | FEATURES | JAMIE OLIVER
7 EASY EGGNOG DRINKS THAT START WITH STORE-BOUGHT EGGNOG - REAL …
HOMEMADE, CLASSIC EGGNOG: A SIMPLE RECIPE THAT YOU CAN …
CAN YOU PUT WHISKEY IN EGGNOG? LET’S FIND OUT (2022)
OAT MILK EGGNOG RECIPE | VEGAN OPTION - CLEAN EATING KITCHEN
EGGNOG RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
#time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #occasion #beverages #eggs-dairy #refrigerator #holiday-event #cocktails #dietary #christmas #equipment
You'll also love