PEG'S MEATLOAF SAUCE
- Stir ketchup, brown sugar, mustard, and nutmeg together in a bowl until sugar is completely dissolved.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 89.5 calories, Carbohydrate 21.2 g, Fat 0.7 g, Fiber 0.2 g, Protein 1 g, Sodium 338.1 mg, Sugar 20 g
GREASELESS MEATLOAF WITH PIQUANT SAUCE
NO way is there such a thing as greaseless meatloaf! My neighbor came home from church with this recipe-so we both made it on the same night to test it. WOW! No dripping grease yet moist and tender and tasty. Now it's an "Old Standby"
Provided by DriverMama
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Lightly mix together all ingredients until well blended.
- Shape into two loafs (9x5x3) in a shallow pan.
- In a small bowl, mix together all 4 Piquant Sauce ingredients until well blended (not lumpy).
- "Frost" both loafs starting with the sides and finish with the top.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 1 hour.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes before cutting.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 338.8, Fat 19.2, SaturatedFat 7.7, Cholesterol 107.5, Sodium 929.3, Carbohydrate 13.9, Fiber 0.9, Sugar 8, Protein 26.3
My sons loved meat loaf growing up. While all 3 were teenagers at home I would often double or triple this recipe for one meal. Even the one that hates onions loves this recipe. This recipe is from my mom's Better Homes & Gardens Cookbook (1954).
Provided by CindiJ
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Soak bread crumbs in milk.
- Add beaten eggs, seasonings, onion (process in food processor to puree for picky eaters).
- Mix together well.
- With hands, gently add ground chuck and mix together lightly.
- Place in loaf pan sprayed with PAM.
- Bake in 350º oven 45-50 minutes.
- Prepare topping in small bowl.
- Pour over meat loaf during last 15 minutes of baking time.
- *The more you handle the ground beef during the making of meat loaf the tougher it becomes.
- **Edited - For different texture and taste sautee onion in a bit (1 Tablespoon +/-) of butter. Add 1/2 cup grated carrots (sautee with the onions) for a little extra punch of color and flavor.
We love meatloaf. It's such a homey, warm, comfort food. It makes the perfect Sunday meal. There are so many variations to meatloaf. This one is basic, but not lacking flavor. Serve with homemade mashed potatoes and a green vegetable, such as peas, green beans, or Brussels sprouts. The best part of this meal? The people you spend it with.
Provided by FrackFamily5 CACT
Categories Beef Meatloaf
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Mix ground beef, mayonnaise, bread crumbs, mustard, onion, salt, and pepper together in a large bowl until well combined. Transfer mixture to a 9x5-inch loaf pan with high sides. Form into a loaf by picking it up and forcing it down into the pan, making sure to knock out any air and square off all sides.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes. Spin pan and bake for an additional 30 minutes.
- Mix steak sauce, ketchup, and sugar together in a small bowl.
- Remove from the oven and spoon sauce over top. Bake until no longer pink in the center, about 10 more minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 160 degrees F (70 degrees C).
- Remove form the oven and let rest for 5 minutes. Remove meat loaf to a serving platter and slice into 8 slices.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 429.3 calories, Carbohydrate 7.1 g, Cholesterol 90.3 mg, Fat 34.6 g, Fiber 0.3 g, Protein 20.9 g, SaturatedFat 11.1 g, Sodium 522.3 mg, Sugar 2.8 g
EVERYDAY MEATLOAF PIQUANT SAUCE
- Combine all ingredients. Mix well.
- Pour over meatloaf and bake.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 0 g, Fat 0 g, SaturatedFat 0 g, TransFat 0 g, Cholesterol 0 g, Sodium 0 g, Carbohydrate 0 g, Fiber 0 g, Sugar 0 g, Protein 0 g
More about "everyday meatloaf piquant sauce recipes"
PIQUANT SAUCE FOR MEAT LOAF RECIPE - RECIPEZAZZ.COM
5/5 (4)Calories 73 per servingServings 6
MEAT LOAF - BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
10 BEST QUICK AND EASY MEATLOAF SAUCE RECIPES | YUMMLY
ULTIMATE MEATLOAF WITH TANGY SAUCE - THE KITCHEN …
EVERYDAY LOW FODMAP MEATLOAF
FAVORITE EVERYDAY MEATLOAF RECIPE - HEARTH AND VINE
MEATLOAF WITH A TWIST - PACE FOODS
EVERYDAY MEATLOAF - BIGOVEN.COM
DELICIOUS MEATLOAF RECIPES | BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
EVERYDAY MEATLOAF - UNIVERSITY OF WYOMING
MEATLOAF WITH PIQUANT SAUCE - THERESCIPES.INFO
EVERYDAY MEAT LOAF RECIPE | MYRECIPES
PIQUANT SAUCE FOR MEATLOAF | MEATLOAF SAUCE, PIQUANT SAUCE RECIPE ...
MEATLOAF à LA SAUCE PIQUANTE | ISABELLE'S KITCHEN WIKI | FANDOM
EASY MEATLOAF RECIPE - TASTES BETTER FROM SCRATCH
EVERYDAY MEATLOAF - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
PIQUANT MEATLOAF | RED BARN MARKET
RECIPE: TRADITIONAL CAJUN SAUCE PIQUANTE - COUNTRY ROADS MAGAZINE
EVERYDAY MEATLOAF RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
GRANDMA'S EVERYDAY MEATLOAF - | JOYFULLY THRIVING
RECIPE: EASY MEATLOAVES WITH PIQUANT SAUCE (USING STOVE TOP …
PICANTE MEAT LOAF RECIPE | MYRECIPES
GREASELESS MEATLOAF WITH PIQUANT SAUCE - PLAIN.RECIPES
PIQUANT SAUCE FOR MEAT LOAF RECIPE - RECIPEZAZZ.COM
MEATLOAF WITH PIQUANT SAUCE - COOKEATSHARE
EVERYDAY MEAT LOAF AND PIQUANT SAUCE - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
MEATLOAF WITH PIQUANT SAUCE | RECIPE | PIQUANT SAUCE RECIPE, …
BETTY CROCKER EVERYDAY MEATLOAF - THERESCIPES.INFO
BETTY’S BEST MEATLOAF RECIPES - BETTYCROCKER.COM
EVERYDAY MEATLOAF RECIPE - FOOD.COM
CHEESY MEATLOAF WITH PIQUANT SAUCE | TASTY KITCHEN: A …
TRADITIONAL MEATLOAF RECIPE WITH EASY SAUCE TOPPING
RECIPE(TRIED): EASY MEATLOAVES WITH PIQUANT SAUCE - FOOD NEWS
12 MEATLOAF SAUCES AND GLAZES | SOUTHERN LIVING
RECIPES > BEEF > HOW TO MAKE PIQUANT MEATLOAF WITH MUSHROOM …
3-INGREDIENT MEATLOAF SAUCE - I HEART NAPTIME
EVERYDAY EVERYWAY MEATLOAF - SAVORY SPICE
RECIPE(TRIED): MEAT LOAF (LOAVES...) FROM BH&G C.1940
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is the best way to make a meatloaf for beginners?In a medium bowl combine eggs and milk; stir in bread crumbs, onion, parsley, salt, sage, and pepper. Add ground meat. Using clean hands, mix lightly until combined. Lightly pat mixture into an 8x4x2-inch loaf pan.
What are some recipes that could use piquant sauce?Recipes That Could Use Piquant Sauce! Mix brown sugar, dry mustard and nutmeg until there are no lumps. Add ketchup and combine thoroughly. No special items needed. Excellent! We served it as suggested with meatloaf, but the next time I make burgers this sauce would go great with it too. The family loved it. Thank you Luvcookn for sharing.
What kind of meat do you use to make Meat Loaf?Instead of using all beef, we also like to do these combos: ground beef + bulk sweet Italian sausage; ground turkey breast + ground pork; and ground beef chuck + ground veal. If the meat mixture is on the lean side, cover the meat loaf with foil for the first 35 minutes of baking to keep it from drying out.
Do you add a topping to Meatloaf before or after cooking?This is an accompaniment to the cooked meatloaf, not a topping before it is cooked. I have been making this for over 50 years! I usually quadruple the recipe to have some for the leftovers (plan aheads)."