CHICKEN FETTUCCINE ALFREDO
Classic and easy to make, this version of Alfredo doesn't use flour to thicken the sauce. Instead, it relies on a slight simmer and a heavy dose of cheese.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, and salt generously. Add the pasta and cook according to package directions until al dente (tender but still slightly firm). Drain and toss with a splash of oil.
- Meanwhile, slice the chicken into 1/4-inch-thick strips, and lay them on a plate or a sheet of waxed paper. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add 2 tablespoons of the butter. When the butter melts, raise the heat to medium-high and add the chicken in 1 layer. Cook, without moving the pieces, until the underside has browned, 1 to 2 minutes. Flip the pieces, and cook until browned and cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes more. Transfer the chicken to a medium bowl.
- Reduce the heat to medium. Add the remaining 6 tablespoons butter. Scrape the bottom of the skillet with a wooden spoon to release any browned bits. When the butter has mostly melted, whisk in the cream and nutmeg and bring to a simmer, then cook for 2 minutes. Lower the heat to keep the sauce just warm.
- Whisk the Parmigiano-Reggiano into the sauce. Add the chicken and cooked pasta and toss well. Season with salt and pepper. Serve hot in heated bowls.
TO DIE FOR FETTUCCINE ALFREDO
This is a recipe that I created by modifying my mother's recipe. My boyfriend is a fettuccine Alfredo connoisseur and he scrapes the pan every time! I get nothing but rave reviews when I make this dish. I must warn you, this recipe is not for the health conscious. Enjoy!
Provided by ERINMARIE
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add fettuccini and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter into cream over low heat. Add salt, pepper and garlic salt. Stir in cheese over medium heat until melted; this will thicken the sauce.
- Add pasta to sauce. Use enough of the pasta so that all of the sauce is used and the pasta is thoroughly coated. Serve immediately.
Put a pot of water on to boil, then stir the white sauce together as the pasta is cooking. It's just that easy to create a rich and satisfying dinner in just 25 minutes. This top-rated recipe is a home cook favorite-try it tonight and find out why.
Provided by By Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Cook and drain fettuccine as directed on package.
- Meanwhile, in 10-inch skillet, heat butter and whipping cream over medium heat, stirring frequently, until butter is melted and mixture starts to bubble. Reduce heat to low; simmer uncovered 6 minutes, stirring frequently, until slightly thickened. Remove from heat. Stir in cheese, salt and pepper.
- In large bowl, toss fettuccine with sauce until well coated. Sprinkle with parsley.
This creamy fettuccine is truly indulgent, and yet so simple. You'll be rewarded for using the very best pasta and Parmesan.
Provided by Shelley Wiseman
Categories Milk/Cream Cheese Pasta Quick & Easy Dinner Parmesan Family Reunion Potluck Gourmet Sugar Conscious Kidney Friendly Vegetarian Pescatarian Peanut Free Tree Nut Free Soy Free No Sugar Added Kosher
Yield Makes 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Cook fettuccine in a pasta pot of boiling salted water (2 tablespoons salt for 6 quarts water) until al dente. Reserve 1/2 cup cooking water, then drain pasta.
- Meanwhile, bring cream and butter to a simmer in a 12-inch heavy skillet over medium-low heat, adding 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
- Add fettuccine, 1/4 cup reserved water, and cheese to sauce and toss. Add more cooking water if necessary.
Giada De Laurentiis' take on Fettuccine Alfredo, from Everyday Italian on Food Network, gets added flavor from lemon and nutmeg.
Provided by Giada De Laurentiis
Yield 6 to 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally, about 4 minutes. Drain. Stir 2 cups of the cream and the lemon juice in a heavy large skillet to blend. Add the butter and cook over medium heat just until the butter melts, stirring occasionally, about 3 minutes. Remove from the heat. Add the pasta and toss. Add the remaining 1/2 cup of cream, and Parmesan to the cream sauce in the skillet. Add the lemon zest, nutmeg, salt, and white pepper. Toss the pasta mixture over low heat until the sauce thickens slightly, about 1 minute.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium low heat. Add cream and simmer for 5 minutes, then add garlic and cheese and whisk quickly, heating through. Stir in parsley and serve.
FETTUCCINE ALFREDO SAUCE
I love this recipe . . . very rich! Found it on the internet. This dish is best served on warmed plates or bowls (keeps the dish from becoming 'goopy').
Provided by Galley Wench
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Melt butter in large saute pan.
- Add garlic and onions, saute until brown.
- Add broth and cream and reduce for several minutes.
- Slowly add the cornstarch/water mixture stirring until the sauce begins to thicken slightly.
- Do not over thicken as the parmesean cheese will also act as a thickener.
- Add the parmesan cheese, parsley, and salt & pepper.
- Taste test and add more seasoning if needed.
- Combine with fettuccini noodles and toss.
- Serve immediately in warm bowl.
More about "fettuccine alfredo sauce recipes"
EASY FETTUCCINE ALFREDO RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE …
2020-10-01 · Let sauce simmer 1 to 2 minutes to thicken slightly. Sauce will still bee thin, but will thicken more as sauce cools and once pasta is added. Add cooked pasta and toss until coated in sauce…
HOMEMADE FETTUCCINE PASTA WITH RECIPE FOR ALFREDO …
2018-07-26 · Alfredo sauce is also traditionally served with fettuccine noodles because they are so big and the alfredo sauce can stick to that big pasta noodle. A homemade Alfredo sauce recipe is simply butter, grated Parmesan cheese, and a little leftover starchy pasta water, that’s it! Add some butter and parmesan to a bowl and then once the fettuccine ...
- Add the eggs to the center of the well and whisk with a fork until combined and then slowly begin to add in the flour from the edges.
- Once the egg and flour are combined used a pastry knife to scrape the surface to bring it all together to form a dough.
THE BEST HOMEMADE ALFREDO SAUCE RECIPE EVER! | THE …
2019-10-24 · This easy to make Alfredo Sauce recipe will have you saying MMMMM and AWW, with every bite. Even Better with These Tips: I think this sauce is even better than any restaurant that I have been to and the best part is that you can make it yourself! It is thick, creamy, and rich and the perfect sauce on top of your favorite pasta…
- In a medium saucepan add butter, heavy whipping cream, and cream cheese. Cook over medium heat and whisk until melted.
- Add the minced garlic, garlic powder, italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Continue to whisk until smooth. Add the grated parmesan cheese.
- Bring to a simmer and continue to cook for about 3-5 minutes or until it starts to thicken. Toss it with your favorite pasta!
CLASSIC FETTUCCINE ALFREDO RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
2021-08-27 · Make it a spicy chicken Alfredo. Slice 4 chicken tenderloins into small pieces. Brown the chicken in a small amount of vegetable oil or butter in a skillet. Sprinkle with seasoned salt or Cajun or Creole seasoning. Toss the cooked chicken with the fettuccine and sauce. Start With Alfredo Sauce …
FETTUCCINE ALFREDO | RICARDO
Drain and oil lightly, setting 125 ml (1/2 cup) of cooking water aside. In the same pot, melt the butter. Add the cream and 55 g (3/4 cup) Parmesan cheese and heat thoroughly. Add the pasta and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper. Add a little cooking water, if needed, for a creamy sauce. Divide the pasta …
See details »
ALFREDO SAUCE (WITH FETTUCCINE) RECIPE | MYRECIPES
1997-01-01 · Step 1. Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Advertisement. Step 2. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add half-and-half, cheese, salt, and pepper; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Reduce heat; add pasta…
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add half-and-half, cheese, salt, and pepper; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Reduce heat; add pasta, tossing gently to coat.
FETTUCCINE ALFREDO – MODERN HONEY
2018-08-12 · This homemade alfredo sauce can be tossed with the pasta so the pasta soaks up all of the sauce or it can be spooned over hot, fresh pasta. I love to use fresh refrigerated fettuccine noodles because it tastes that much better. If you want the fettuccine alfredo to be a little more "saucy" toss the sauce with less than one pound of pasta (you may start with 12 ounces of fettuccine).
- In a large pot, heat water over high heat until boiling. Add salt to season the water. Once it is boiling, add fettuccine and cook according to package instructions.
- In a large skillet or pan, heat butter over medium heat. Add minced garlic and cook for 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in heavy cream.
- Let heavy cream reduce and cook for 5 to 8 minutes. Add half of the parmesan cheese to the mixture and whisk well until smooth. Keep over heat and whisk well until cheese is melted.
THE BEST FETTUCCINE ALFREDO OF YOUR LIFE - ERREN'S KITCHEN
2019-01-07 · How To Make Fettuccine Alfredo. Cook the Fettuccine in a pot of salted boiling water. Heat the cream and garlic (if using) over low-medium heat. Add butter and whisk until melted. Then Mix in the nutmeg and cheese. Drain and add the hot pasta to the pan with the sauce…
- Add butter and whisk gently until melted. Remove and discard the garlic. Mix in the nutmeg and cheese. Season with freshly grated black pepper.
- Drain, reserving 2 cups pasta cooking liquid. Add it to the pan, gently toss the pasta to coat in the Alfredo sauce (adding some of the pasta water if needed to loosen).
FETTUCCINE ALFREDO - MELISSASSOUTHERNSTYLEKITCHEN.COM
2018-09-26 · Fettuccine Alfredo Recipe. Top cooked fettuccine with this simple Alfredo sauce and create a Fettuccine Alfredo feast. This decadent sauce takes so few ingredients to make and will make a bowl of pasta come to life. Named after it's creator, Alfredo sauce is a classic white cheese sauce that makes pasta …
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and add the grated Parmesan cheese, dash of nutmeg and black or white pepper to your taste. Stir until the cheese is completely melted.
BEST HOMEMADE ALFREDO SAUCE - THE SALTY MARSHMALLOW
2018-08-20 · Alfredo sauce is one of my favorite things to have with a big bowl of pasta! It's a very rich and indulgent treat for dinner. I also love that it only takes about 5-10 minutes to whip up a batch! This recipe will yield about two cups of sauce total. It can easily be doubled if you are feeding a crowd or want extra for later. The bottled Alfredo …
FETTUCCINE ALFREDO WITH ASPARAGUS RECIPE - QUICK FROM ...
Step 1. Snap the tough ends off the asparagus and discard them. Cut the asparagus spears into 1-inch pieces. In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook the fettuccine until almost done, about 8 ...
- Snap the tough ends off the asparagus and discard them. Cut the asparagus spears into 1-inch pieces. In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook the fettuccine until almost done, about 8 minutes. Add the asparagus; cook until it and the pasta are just done, about 4 minutes longer.
- Drain the pasta and asparagus. Toss with the butter, cream, nutmeg, salt, pepper, and Parmesan. Serve with additional Parmesan.
FETTUCCINE ALFREDO RECIPE - CHOWHOUND
1 Bring a large pot of heavily salted water to a boil. Add the pasta, stir to separate the noodles, and cook according to the package directions until al dente. 2 Meanwhile, heat the cream and butter in a large frying …
- Meanwhile, heat the cream and butter in a large frying pan over medium heat until the butter has melted and the mixture has come to a simmer.
FETTUCCINE ALFREDO - RECIPE GIRL®
2021-04-13 · Fettuccine Alfredo is a classic Italian pasta dish using long, medium-wide noodles coated with a rich and creamy cheese sauce.. You’ve had it and you’ve loved it many times, I’m sure. Fettuccine Alfredo is …
- In a large skillet, melt the butter. Drain the pasta and add it to the skillet along with the cream, cheese and salt/pepper to taste. Toss over low heat until the pasta is well-coated.
- Plate individual servings and top with a little fresh parsley. Serve additional grated Parmesan on the side, for serving.
ALFREDO SAUCE RECIPE - PASTA.COM
2021-04-20 · Alfredo sauce is a simple white sauce prepared with butter, heavy cream, garlic, and grated parmigiana. The most famous recipe with Alfredo sauce is “fettuccine Alfredo,” a popular recipe in the …
See details »
FETTUCCINE ALFREDO RECIPE | MYRECIPES
2012-10-06 · Holy calcium! Heavy cream, Parmesan cheese, and butter create the regular calorie and fat-filled alfredo sauce. Here, we used olive oil instead of butter, nixed the cream in favor of a thickened milk-based sauce that uses flour and cream cheese to thicken it, leaving plenty of room for a cup of the good stuff—Parmigianno-Reggiano cheese.We’ve revisited this recipe more than once and ...
20 RECIPES THAT START WITH A JAR OF ALFREDO SAUCE | TASTE ...
See details »
FETTUCCINE ALFREDO RECIPE - BBC FOOD
Method. Cook the pasta in a large pan of boiling salted water for 10-12 minutes, until al dente. Meanwhile, put the cream in a saucepan with the butter and a little grated nutmeg and warm through ...
See details »
FETTUCCINE ALFREDO - LIDIA
Fettuccine Alfredo has most certainly been eaten more in the States than in Italy since then. The dish is used as the base for many different versions, topped with shrimp, broccoli, asparagus, and more. Since butter separated readily when heated, cream is added to make the sauce creamier. In this version, I also add a few leaves of sage, since sage and butter are a marriage made in heaven.
See details »
EASY FETTUCCINE ALFREDO RECIPE (HOMEMADE WITH ONLY 5 ...
Firstly, boil the fettuccine pasta in boiling water until al dente. In a separate pan, melt the butter on medium heat and add cream, grated parmesan, garlic, salt and pepper. Stir well. Add ½ cup of the pasta's boiling water and mix well with a whisk. Add the boiled pasta and gently mix to coat the pasta in the sauce.
See details »
ORIGINAL FETTUCCINE ALFREDO SAUCE RECIPES
An Original Fettuccine Alfredo Sauce Recipes. 1/2 cup butter or stick margarine; 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream ; 1 clove garlic, minced; 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese; 1/2 teaspoon salt; Dash of pepper; Noodles of choice; Cook noodles. Meanwhile in a saucepan, whisk … See details » THE ORIGINAL FETTUCCINE ALFREDO - SAVEUR. From saveur.com 2019-03-18 · Bring a 6-qt. pot of salted water to a ...
See details »
ALFREDO PASTA SAUCE | ALLRECIPES
Quick Alfredo Sauce. Rating: 4.47 stars. 256. This alfredo sauce is lower in fat than most, as it is made with half and half. This is delicious over pasta and is easy to make. You can also make it the day before and refrigerate it until ready to use. Serve with a Caesar salad, and …
See details »
GORDON RAMSAY HOMEMADE ALFREDO SAUCE RECIPE - …
2021-07-14 · The original Roman recipe for fettuccine Alfredo uses room-temperature butter and fresh parmesan cheese instead of cooking it on the stovetop. Traditionally, Alfredo sauce was made by pouring heavy cream into a medium saucepan with grated parmesan cheese and stirring until thickened. With salt and pepper, season to taste. Alfredo sauce made in the French style is like a mornay sauce (béchamel ...
See details »