APPLE PIE DIP
- Toss the peeled and diced apples together with the lemon juice. Set aside.
- Combine the brown sugar, sugar, cinnamon, salt and water together either in a pot or the liner of your Instant Pot.
- Place the apples into the liquid.
- For the Instant Pot: Cook on manual HIGH for 0 minutes, Quick release the pressure. Move to step 6.
- For the stovetop: Simmer the mixture for approx 10 minutes or until fork tender.
- Remove about 1/2 cup of liquid from the pot and whisk in the cornstarch.
- Pour the cornstarch slurry into the pot with the apples and stir until the sauce has thickened.
- Use right away, refrigerate for 5 days or freeze until needed!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 125 kcal, Carbohydrate 32 g, Protein 1 g, Fat 1 g, SaturatedFat 1 g, Sodium 13 mg, Fiber 2 g, Sugar 25 g, ServingSize 1 serving
I remember coming home sullen one day because we'd lost a softball game. Grandma, in her wisdom, suggested, "Maybe a slice of my homemade apple pie will make you feel better." One bite, and Grandma was right. If you want to learn how to make homemade apple pie filling, this is really the only recipe you need. -Maggie Greene, Granite Falls, Washington
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a small bowl, combine sugars, flour and spices; set aside. In a large bowl, toss apples with lemon juice. Add sugar mixture; toss to coat. , On a lightly floured surface, roll one half of dough to a 1/8-in.-thick circle; transfer to a 9-in. pie plate. Trim even with rim. Add filling; dot with butter. Roll remaining dough to a 1/8-in.-thick circle. Place over filling. Trim, seal and flute edge. Cut slits in top. Beat egg white until foamy; brush over crust. Sprinkle with sugar. Cover edge loosely with foil. , Bake 25 minutes. Remove foil; bake until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly, 20-25 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 414 calories, Fat 16g fat (7g saturated fat), Cholesterol 14mg cholesterol, Sodium 227mg sodium, Carbohydrate 67g carbohydrate (38g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 3g protein.
SNICKERS™ APPLE PIE DIP
Snacking on apple slices will never be the same once you dunk them in this crazy-delicious dip loaded with chopped Snickers™ candy bars and apple pie filling.
Provided by Karly Campbell
Number Of Ingredients 7
- In large bowl, stir pudding mix and milk until combined. Stir in whipped topping.
- Place apple pie filling on cutting board, and give it a rough chop to break apples up into bite-size pieces. Add apple pie filling and candy bars to bowl; stir until combined.
- Spoon into serving dish; drizzle with caramel sauce.
- Serve with apples and cookies.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 270, Carbohydrate 41 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Fat 2, Fiber 1 g, Protein 2 g, SaturatedFat 6 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 230 mg, Sugar 32 g, TransFat 0 g
HOT APPLE PIE DIP
Wow the crowds with this Hot Apple Pie Dip. This Hot Apple Pie Dip is just as scrumptious as it sounds, especially with bits of cheddar baked right in!
Provided by My Food and Family
Categories Appetizers & Snacks
Yield 16 servings, 2 Tbsp. each
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Mix reduced-fat cream cheese, sugar and spice in medium bowl until blended. Stir in half the apples.
- Spread onto bottom of shallow baking dish; top with remaining apples, cheddar and nuts.
- Bake 10 to 12 min. or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 50, Fat 3 g, SaturatedFat 2 g, TransFat 0 g, Cholesterol 10 mg, Sodium 70 mg, Carbohydrate 0 g, Fiber 0 g, Sugar 0 g, Protein 1 g
FRESH APPLE PIE
There's nothing better than the smell of the fresh apple pie baking in the oven. It signifies the start of cozy fall days, and it's the ultimate dessert to kick off the season. This recipe uses Betty's pie crust mix so you can skip chilling your pastry dough and get right to the baking part-meaning less time waiting around for pie and more time eating it! Apple pie is best served warm with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream on top.
Provided by Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Heat oven to 425°F. Make pie crust mix as directed for 9-Inch Two-Crust Pie, using 1/3 cup cold water--except trim overhanging edge of bottom pastry 1 inch from rim of plate.
- Stir together 1/2 cup sugar, the flour, cinnamon and nutmeg in large bowl. Add apples; toss. Spoon into pastry-lined pie plate. Dot with butter.
- Roll remaining pastry; cut into 10 strips, each about 1/2 inch wide. Place 5 strips across filling in pie plate. Weave a cross-strip through by first folding back every other strip of the first 5 strips. Continue weaving, folding back alternate strips before adding each cross-strip, until lattice is complete. Trim ends. Fold trimmed edge of bottom crust over ends of strips, building up a high edge. Seal and flute. Brush lightly with milk; sprinkle lightly with additional sugar.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until crust is golden brown and juice is bubbly.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 320, Carbohydrate 46 g, Cholesterol 5 mg, Fat 2 1/2, Fiber 2 g, Protein 3 g, SaturatedFat 4 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 300 mg
This was a childhood memory that I was craving, so I called my nanny and she gave the recipe to me. The second I tasted it, I was flushed with happy thoughts. It tastes like caramel! Enjoy with slices of apples for a healthy snack! Be creative: You can add peanut butter, nuts or chocolate sauce, or try using strawberry flavored cream cheese. Have fun and enjoy!
Provided by Rachel
Number Of Ingredients 3
- Stir together the cream cheese, brown sugar, and vanilla extract until the sugar has dissolved, and the mixture is smooth.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 136.8 calories, Carbohydrate 9.8 g, Cholesterol 30.8 mg, Fat 9.8 g, Protein 2.1 g, SaturatedFat 6.2 g, Sodium 85.6 mg, Sugar 9.1 g
FRESH APPLE PIE DIP
This fresh apple pie dip is perfect for dessert, an afternoon snack, tea parties, used as a pie filling or topping your favorite ice cream with!
Provided by Ashley
Number Of Ingredients 5
- You can either cook this on the stove-top or the microwave.
- Combine all the dip ingredients in a small pan/ microwaveable bowl except the cornstarch-water mixture.
- Heat for a few minutes until it's boiling and has extracted juice from the apple.
- Add cornstarch-water mixture to the "sauce"
- Put back in the microwave/stove top until boiling and the sauce has thickened.
- Set aside. You can serve this warm or chilled. It doesn't matter. It will taste delicious.
- Sprinkle a little more cinnamon on top right before serving (optional, but looks nice).
- Serve with cinnamon-sugar pita chips!
Nutrition Facts : Nutrition Information Serving size 4-6 servings
APPLE PIE DIP
Cream cheese, sweetened with brown sugar and spiked with apple pie spice, forms the base of this spread. Bits of red apple and pecans give it texture and add to the apple-pie-like flavor. Garnish as desired and serve with crackers.
Provided by TinaJ
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Combine cream cheese and apple juice in a bowl and beat with the electric mixer on medium speed until fluffy. Beat in brown sugar and apple pie spice. Fold in apple and pecans.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 114.3 calories, Carbohydrate 8.5 g, Cholesterol 15.9 mg, Fat 7.7 g, Fiber 0.8 g, Protein 3.4 g, SaturatedFat 3.4 g, Sodium 85.3 mg, Sugar 5.5 g
FRESH APPLE PIE...
- 1. heat oven to 425F. Make pie crust mix as directed to 9-inch tow pie crust. Using 1/3 cup water.
- 2. Stir together the flour,sugar, cinnamon & nutmeg in large bowl. Add in the apples, toss to mix well. Place into pastry line pie pan. Dot with the butter.
- 3. Roll the remaining pie crust. Cut into about 10 strips about 1/2 inch wide. Then place five strips 1 way & wave the other 5 in between the first 5. Fold Trim over the bottom of pie & make high edges with your fingers. Seal & flute. Brush lightly with milk & sprinkle with additional sugar.
- 4. Bake 30to 35 minutes or until crust is golden brown & juice is all bubbly.
EASY AS APPLE PIE
- Place bottom crust in pan. Add apples, sprinkle with sugar and nutmeg. Top with butter, place top crust over and vent with a few holes poked in pastry top. Bake 375 degrees for one hour.
BASIC APPLE PIE RECIPE
My go-to apple pie recipe made with fresh apples! Homemade, flaky crust with juicy apple filling. Makes a delicious pie that goes perfectly with ice cream!
Provided by Melissa Griffiths - Bless this Mess
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In a medium bowl add the sliced apples. Sprinkle with the sugar, flour, cinnamon, and salt and toss gently to combine well.
- Roll out and place an uncooked pie crust in the bottom of a deep 9-inch pie plate.
- Place the apple mixture in the uncooked pie shell. Place the small pieces of butter on top of apple mixture.
- Top with second pie crust, crimp the edges, and then cut a few slits in the top crust to allow steam to vent.
- Mix the egg white and 1 tablespoon of water together in a small bowl and then brush the top with water and sprinkle with sugar before baking.
- Bake at 450 degrees F. for the first 15 minutes, then reduce the heat to 350 degrees F. and continue cooking for an additional 40 to 45 minutes, or until the top is golden brown.
- If the edge of the crust starts to brown more quickly than the center, carefully cover the edge with foil for the last 15-20 minutes of baking to prevent over-browning.
- Let the pie cool for 10 minutes before serving. Can be made ahead of time and served at room temperature.
Nutrition Facts : ServingSize 1 Slice, Calories 483 calories, Sugar 12.5 g, Sodium 336.8 mg, Fat 27.4 g, SaturatedFat 16.4 g, TransFat 0 g, Carbohydrate 54.2 g, Fiber 3.3 g, Protein 6.2 g, Cholesterol 68.6 mg
DEEP-DISH APPLE PIE
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut each apple quarter in thirds crosswise and combine in a bowl with the zests, juices, 1/2 cup sugar, flour, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice.
- Roll out half the pie dough and drape it over a 9- or 10-inch pie pan to extend about 1/2-inch over the rim. Don't stretch the dough; if it's too small, just put it back on the board and re-roll it.
- Fill the pie with the apple mixture. Brush the edge of the bottom pie crust with the egg wash so the top crust will adhere. Top with the second crust and trim the edges to about 1-inch over the rim. Tuck the edge of the top crust under the edge of the bottom crust and crimp the 2 together with your fingers or a fork. Brush the entire top crust with the egg wash, sprinkle with 1 teaspoon sugar, and cut 4 or 5 slits.
- Place the pie on a sheet pan and bake for 1 to 1 1/4 hours, or until the crust is browned and the juices begin to bubble out. Serve warm.
- Dice the butter and return it to the refrigerator while you prepare the flour mixture. Place the flour, salt, and sugar in the bowl of a food processor fitted with a steel blade and pulse a few times to mix. Add the butter and shortening. Pulse 8 to 12 times, until the butter is the size of peas. With the machine running, pour the ice water down the feed tube and pulse the machine until the dough begins to form a ball. Dump out on a floured board and roll into a ball. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Cut the dough in half. Roll each piece on a well-floured board into a circle, rolling from the center to the edge, turning and flouring the dough to make sure it doesn't stick to the board. Fold the dough in half, place in a pie pan, and unfold to fit the pan. Repeat with the top crust.
More about "fresh apple pie dip recipes"
PERFECT APPLE PIE RECIPE - PILLSBURY.COM
4.5/5 Total Time 3 hrsCategory DessertCalories 230 per serving
- Heat oven to 425°F. Place 1 pie crust in ungreased 9-inch glass pie plate. Press firmly against side and bottom.
- In large bowl, gently mix filling ingredients; spoon into crust-lined pie plate. Top with second crust. Wrap excess top crust under bottom crust edge, pressing edges together to seal; flute. Cut slits or shapes in several places in top crust.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until apples are tender and crust is golden brown. Cover edge of crust with 2- to 3-inch wide strips of foil after first 15 to 20 minutes of baking to prevent excessive browning. Cool on cooling rack at least 2 hours before serving.
APPLE PIE DIP WITH CINNAMON SUGAR CHIPS - KITCHEN FUN …
Ratings 4Servings 6Cuisine AmericanCategory Dessert
- In a medium saucepan, combine the brown sugar, granulated sugar, and ground cinnamon. Add the lemon juice and water. Stir in the cubed apples.
APPLE PIE DIP - COOKING CLASSY
Cuisine AmericanCategory DessertServings 6Total Time 40 mins
- Heat diced apples, lemon juice, light-brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg in a medium saucepan over medium high heat. Bring mixture to a boil, stirring frequently, then reduce heat slightly and allow to cook until apples are tender. Then add butter and stir until melted.
- In a small bowl whisk together cornstarch and water until well combine, then while stirring, pour cornstarch mixture over apple mixture and stir until thickened (it should thickena quickly).
- Serve warm covered with optional sweetened whipped cream. ice cream or caramel sauce along with cinnamon sugar tortilla chips for dipping (alternately you can layer the chips followed by ice cream and finish with apple pie mixture rather than dipping).
- In a small bowl, whisk together sugar and cinnamon, set aside. Line a baking sheet or several plates with paper towels, set aside.
BAKED APPLE PIE DIP - MOM ON TIMEOUT
Reviews 8Calories 169 per servingCategory Dessert
BEST HOMEMADE APPLE PIE RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE EASY APPLE ...
5/5 (12)Calories 581 per servingCategory Dessert
- With the machine running, add vinegar, then ice water into feed tube, 1 tablespoon at a time, until dough starts to come together and is moist but not wet and sticky (test by squeezing some with your fingers).
EASY AND DELICIOUS APPLE CRISP RECIPE WITH FRESH APPLES ...
Reviews 1Servings 8Cuisine AmericanCalories 360.73 kcal
APPLE PIE DIP & CINNAMON-SUGAR TORTILLA CHIPS - THE PEACH ...
5/5 (3)Estimated Reading Time 6 minsServings 4-6
10 BEST APPLE PIE FRESH APPLES RECIPES | YUMMLY
HOMEMADE APPLE PIE - BEST RECIPE FOR APPLE PIE
5/5 (1)Category Baking, Comfort Food, DessertServings 6-8Total Time 6 hrs 15 mins
- For the pie crust: In a large bowl, whisk together the flour and salt. With a pastry cutter, gradually cut the cold butter into the flour until pea-sized pieces form.
- Remove one disk of pie crust from the refrigerator and let it temper for 20 minutes until it is soft enough to roll. Roll the pie dough into a 13-inch round on a lightly floured surface.
- For the apple pie filling: In a large bowl combine the sliced apples, sugar, flour, cinnamon and salt. Mix well. Add the filling into the chilled pie crust, arranging the apples tightly together so that there is little space in between.
- Roll out the remaining disk of dough on a floured surface into a 13-inch round. Carefully lay the dough over the filling, fold the overhanging dough under the overhang from the bottom crust, and crimp the edges of the crust using a fork.
- Place the pie on the preheated baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes. Reduce the heat to 350˚ and bake, rotating halfway through, until the filling is bubbly and the crust is golden brown, 50 to 60 more minutes.
4-INGREDIENT CREAM CHEESE APPLE DIP - THE SEASONED MOM
Ratings 6Calories 115 per servingCategory Snack
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl. I use a hand-held electric mixer to make the dip soft and fluffy, but you can also just mix it really well with a wooden spoon or whisk.
APPLE PIE DIP - IMPERIAL SUGAR | RECIPES
Servings 1Estimated Reading Time 1 min
BEST EASY APPLE PIE RECIPE | A BOUNTIFUL KITCHEN
9 BEST APPLE PIE DIP IDEAS | COOKING RECIPES, APPLE ...
FRESH APPLE DIP - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY RECIPES ...
10 BEST HEALTHY APPLE DIP RECIPES | YUMMLY
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make apple pie with fresh apples?My go-to apple pie recipe made with fresh apples! Homemade, flaky crust with juicy apple filling. Makes a delicious pie that goes perfectly with ice cream! In a medium bowl add the sliced apples. Sprinkle with the sugar, flour, cinnamon, and salt and toss gently to combine well.
How to make caramel apple dip?In small bowl, mix 2 tablespoons caramel apple dip and the milk; drizzle over apples. 2. In medium bowl, mix 1 cup flour and the brown sugar. With pastry blender, cut in butter until mixture looks like coarse crumbs.
How do you make a caramel apple pie?In small bowl, mix 2 tablespoons caramel apple dip and the milk; drizzle over apples. In medium bowl, mix 1 cup flour and the brown sugar. With pastry blender, cut in butter until mixture looks like coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over filling. To make lattice top, cut second crust into 1/2-inch-wide strips with pastry cutter.
What can I use instead of sugar to make apple dip?Add warm spices to the dip, such as cinnamon, nutmeg or apple pie spice mix. Use all brown sugar instead of some white sugar for a stronger molasses/caramel flavor. This dip isn’t just for apples! Serve it with just about any fresh fruit, or pair it with salt snacks like pretzels or crackers. Use block-style full-fat cream cheese.