GLUTEN FREE APPLE FRITTERS
These Gluten Free Apple Fritters are easier to make than you might think - made with a simple gluten free donut batter with diced apples mixed in to every bite. They're quickly fried then coated in a quick icing-sugar glaze. | Gluten Free + Vegan Option
Provided by Sarah Nevins - A Saucy Kitchen
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Whisk together the flour, xanthan gum, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and sugar together in a large mixing bowl.
- Stir in the milk, oil, eggs (or aquafaba) and vanilla extract. Whisk thick, smooth batter until no lumps remain.
- Stir in the apples.
- In a large skillet or pot add the frying oil so that it's about 1 1/2 - 2 inches deep. Turn the heat to medium-high and let the oil get hot. You want to oil to be about 360-375°F/80-90°C before adding the batter.
- When the oil is hot, begin adding the batter. Using a big spoon, scoop out some batter (about 1-2 tablespoons worth) and drop into the hot oil. Make sure to carefully drop the batter into the oil so that it doesn't splash. Leave some space between each fritter so they cook evenly - how many you can fry at a time will depend on the size of your pot. You will likely be able to fit 3-4 at time. Let each fritter cook about 3 minutes on each side before flipping over and frying another 2-3 minutes. Repeat until all the batter has been used up.
- When you're done, carefully remove the fritters from the oil and let cool on a wire cooling rack.
- To make the icing: whisk the icing sugar, milk and vanilla together in a small bowl until a thick glaze forms. For a thicker glaze add more icing sugar and for a thinner glaze add more milk.
- When the fritters have cooled slightly, dip in the glaze and then set back on the cool rack to let the excess glaze drip off. Coat each fritter in glaze and enjoy!
GLUTEN FREE APPLE FRITTERS
The perfect gluten free apple fritters are fried efficiently and quickly until they're crisp on the very outside and soft and tender inside-with apple pieces cooked to fork-tender perfection. No yeast needed!
Provided by Nicole Hunn
Number Of Ingredients 12
- In a large bowl, place the flour, cornstarch, granulated sugar, baking powder, and salt, and whisk to combine well. Set the bowl aside.
- Peel, core, and dice the apple into pieces that are about the size of a thumbnail. If they're too large, they won't become tender during frying. If they're too small, they'll disappear into the batter. Add the diced apple to the large bowl of dry ingredients, and toss to coat. Set the bowl aside again.
- Place about 3-inches of frying oil in a medium-size, heavy-bottom pot or fryer. Clip a deep-fry/candy thermometer to the side of the pot or fryer, and bring the oil to a consistent temperature of 350°F over medium-high heat.
- While the oil is coming to temperature, finish making the fritter batter. Place the buttermilk and egg in a small bowl and whisk to combine well, then add the mixture to the bowl of dry ingredients and diced apples. Mix until just combined. Once the oil has reached temperature, scoop the fritter batter in 1/4-cup portions into the hot oil, taking care not to crowd the oil. Working quickly and taking care not to press the batter into the bottom of the fryer pot or basket, flatten the dough a bit. Fry until very lightly golden brown on the underside, about 2 minutes. Carefully flip the fritters, and continue to fry for another 2 minutes or until golden brown on the second side. Flip once more as necessary to brown the fritters evenly. Remove the finished fritters from the frying oil, and place on a wire rack placed over paper towels to drain and cool completely. Repeat with the remaining batter.
- In a small bowl, place the confectioners' sugar and ground cinnamon, and mix to combine. Add 1 tablespoon of water and mix well, until a very thick paste forms. Add more water by the drop, mixing to combine well, until the glaze drizzles off the spoon. Using a fork, drizzle the glaze over the cooled fritters. Allow the glaze to set at room temperature before serving.
GLUTEN FREE APPLE FRITTER PANCAKES
This is one of our family favorites-there's nothing like the flavor of apple fritters to warm a gluten free persons heart! These must be cooked until browned to get the best flavor, you need that crunch and carmelization to really make this recipe. If you don't have buttermilk on hand, pour 2 Tbsp lemon juice or vinegar into your glass measuring cup and then add your milk of choice until you get 1 3/4 cups.
Provided by cookinalaskana
Yield 16 pancakes, 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Set griddle to 325 degrees. .
- In a medium sized bowl mix the dry ingredients: flours, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- In a smaller bowl mix the wet ingredients: egg, buttermilk, oil and honey (or if using sugar put in with the dry ingredients).
- Pour the wet ingredients into the bowl of dry ingredients and mix well. It will be a thin batter.
- Oil the griddle and when oil is heated, pour pancakes onto griddle. Top with sliced apples and pecans, if using. With the back of spatula or your hand flatten the apples so they aren't poking out too tall- you want your batter to be able to touch the pan when you flip it, but also to be able to caramelize the apples. These are crumbly, so don't flip until the bottom is well browned.
- Flip. Brown the other side then remove to a plate and keep warm. These are delicious with maple syrup and an extra special treat with whip cream too.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 345.9, Fat 10.5, SaturatedFat 2.2, Cholesterol 50.8, Sodium 574.7, Carbohydrate 55.3, Fiber 5.1, Sugar 15.1, Protein 10.3
More about "gluten free apple fritter pancakes recipes"
APPLE FRITTER PANCAKES RECIPE
5/5 (43)Calories 314 per serving
15 AMAZING GLUTEN FREE APPLE RECIPES | PIES, CAKES, …
APPLE FRITTER PANCAKES - CRAZY FOR CRUST
EASY GLUTEN FREE APPLE FRITTERS (VIDEO)
GLUTEN FREE APPLE FRITTERS - JUST AS GOOD
DELICIOUS GLUTEN-FREE CINNAMON APPLE PANCAKES RECIPE
GLUTEN FREE APPLE FRITTERS RECIPE - GFJULES
APPLE FRITTER PANCAKES - WIFE MAMA FOODIE
GLUTEN-FREE APPLE PANCAKES - SOMETHING NUTRITIOUS
HOW TO MAKE DELICIOUS APPLE FRITTERS – GLUTEN-FREE …
HEALTHY APPLE RING PANCAKES RECIPE | THE GRACIOUS PANTRY
GLUTEN FREE KAISERSCHMARRN - THE GLUTEN FREE AUSTRIAN
PANCAKE MIX APPLE FRITTERS RECIPE - RECIPEZAZZ.COM
RECIPE LIST - OFFICIALLY GLUTEN FREE
GLAZED GLUTEN-FREE APPLE FRITTERS - GOOD FOR YOU GLUTEN FREE
GLUTEN-FREE BAKED APPLE FRITTERS (WITH AIR FRYER OPTION!)
BAKED GLUTEN-FREE APPLE FRITTERS - THE ROASTED ROOT
APPLE FRITTERS TURNED INTO PANCAKES | SUMMER SNACK | GLUTEN …
GLUTEN-FREE APPLE FRITTERS – EASY & READY WITHIN 30 MINUTES
RESULT IMAGES OF GERMAN APPLE FRITTER RECIPE - BEST KETO RECIPES
GLUTEN-FREE APPLE FRITTERS RECIPE - SERIOUS EATS
You'll also love