GOAT CHEESE CHEESECAKE
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- To make the crust:
- Stir all of the ingredients together in a large bowl. Butter a 9-inch springform pan. Press the crumb mixture onto the bottom and about halfway up the sides of the pan.
- To make the filling:
- Beat the cream and goat cheeses in the bowl of an electric stand mixer with the paddle attachment until light and fluffy. Add the creme fraiche and beat to combine. Add the eggs, 1 at a time, beating after each egg is added, until thoroughly combined. Beat in the sugar and vanilla until just combined.
- Pour the filling into the prepared crust. Put on a baking sheet in the preheated oven and bake for 55 to 60 minutes. Rotate the baking sheet halfway through the cooking process. If the cheesecake starts to color, tent the springform pan with aluminum foil.
- Remove the cheesecake from the oven and let it cool completely before serving, as it continues to set as it cools. It is best to refrigerate overnight before serving. Cut the cake into wedges and serve with Vanilla Pineapple Compote.
- Say cheesecake!
- Combine the brown sugar, water, rum, and vanilla beans in a saucepan over medium heat. Squeeze the lemon juice into the pan and stir to combine. Bring to a simmer, add the pineapple and stir until well mixed. Simmer until the liquid has reduced to a syrupy consistency and the pineapple is soft.
- Let cool and serve as an accoutrement to yummy desserts like goat cheese cheesecake!
TOMATO STEAK WITH BAKED GOAT CHEESE AND HERB SALAD
Provided by Michael Chiarello : Food Network
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In a small, shallow bowl, mix the bread crumbs with salt and pepper, to taste. In another small, shallow bowl, beat the egg just until blended. Dip each goat cheese round in the egg, and then in bread crumbs, patting the crumbs in place. Cover and refrigerate the coated cheese rounds for about 15 minutes.
- Center the tomato slices on 4 salad plates and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over moderately high heat and pour in 2 tablespoons olive oil. When the oil is almost smoking, add the cheese rounds. Cook until lightly browned, about 45 seconds. Turn them over and cook on the other side until the cheese just feels quivery, about 45 seconds longer, depending on the thickness of the rounds. Place a cheese round on each tomato slice.
- In a bowl, toss the herbs with a light drizzle of olive oil, a splash of red wine vinegar, and salt and pepper, to taste. Mound the herbs on top of the cheese, dividing them evenly. Serve immediately.
- Michael's Notes: This salad looks best when the tomato slice and the goat cheese slice are about the same size. So if you can only find goat cheese in small logs, you may want to serve 2 goat cheese rounds to each diner and perch them on slices of smaller tomatoes.
- Be sure you take all the stems off the herbs carefully so your guests can enjoy just the soft leaves.
GOAT CHEESE CAKES
We are currently in love with goat cheese, I have lost the recipe numerous times and am writing it down before I lose it again! Nice low-fat appetizer or side dish.
Provided by MommyMakes
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Puree tomatoes, wine and garlic until smooth.
- In a medium bowl combine goat cheese and tomato mixture, fold in basil.
- Form mixture into 12 half-dollar sized cakes.
- Coat cakes in bread crumbs.
- Spray a nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium.
- Place cakes evenly in pan and cook until brown about 1 minute on each side.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 221.1, Fat 7.6, SaturatedFat 4.3, Cholesterol 14.9, Sodium 403.1, Carbohydrate 27.8, Fiber 1.9, Sugar 3.5, Protein 9.2
DATE, GOAT CHEESE AND MESCLUN SALAD
Categories Salad Leafy Green Quick & Easy Goat Cheese Date Fall Gourmet
Yield Serves 8
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Make vinaigrette:
- In a small bowl whisk together vinegar, soy sauce, pepper, and salt to taste and add oil in a stream, whisking until emulsified. Vinaigrette may be made 1 day ahead and chilled, covered. Bring vinaigrette to room temperature and whisk before proceeding.
- In a bowl toss mesclun with vinaigrette and divide among 8 salad plates. Top salad with dates and goat cheese.
GOAT CHEESE SALAD
Categories Salad Appetizer Bake Vegetarian Quick & Easy Goat Cheese Lettuce Gourmet
Yield Serves 6
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Make the vinaigrette:
- In a small bowl whisk together the lemon juice, the shallot, the garlic, the mustard, the parsley, and salt and pepper to taste, add the oil in a stream, whisking, and whisk the vinaigrette until it is emulsified.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Dip the goat cheese pieces into the egg wash, dredge them in the bread crumbs, and transfer them to a lightly oiled baking sheet. Bake the goat cheese pieces in the middle of the oven for 6 minutes. While the goat cheese is baking, in a large bowl toss the lettuce and the radicchio with the vinaigrette and salt and pepper to taste.
- Divide the salad among 6 plates, arrange 1 goat cheese piece on each plate, and serve the salads immediately.
WALDORF GOAT CHEESE SALAD
Fruit, nuts, and cheese are the perfect combination over greens - and even better with raspberry walnut vinaigrette.
Provided by MILTMAN
Categories Salad Waldorf Salad Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Toss lettuce with dressing in a mixing bowl; transfer to a serving dish. Scatter grapes, goat cheese, and pecans on top, and enjoy!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 266.3 calories, Carbohydrate 29.7 g, Cholesterol 11.2 mg, Fat 15.4 g, Fiber 3.7 g, Protein 6.4 g, SaturatedFat 4 g, Sodium 515.4 mg, Sugar 25.2 g
GOAT CHEESE AND POTATO CAKES WITH WATERCRESS-AND-ENDIVE SALAD
Provided by Molly O'Neill
Categories weekday, salads and dressings, side dish
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 17
- To make the cakes, place the soft goat cheese in a food processor and process until smooth. Transfer the cheese to a large bowl and add the potatoes and bread crumbs; mix until smooth. Add 1/4 cup of the grated cheese, scallions, parsley and nutmeg and toss with a fork until combined. Season to taste with salt and a few grinds of pink peppercorns.
- Using your hands, form the mixture into balls about the size of golf balls. (You should have about 12.) Flatten the balls into disks about 1/2-inch thick. Place the ground pecans on a plate and coat each disk with pecans. Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add the oil. Add the potato cakes and cook until nicely browned (lower the heat if the nuts begin to burn), about 2 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate and keep warm.
- To make the salad, whisk together the vinegar, olive oil, shallots, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Place the watercress and endive in the bowl and toss to coat. Add the remaining grated cheese and toss again.
- Divide the salad between 4 plates and top each with a few warm potato cakes and serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 578, UnsaturatedFat 28 grams, Carbohydrate 26 grams, Fat 45 grams, Fiber 5 grams, Protein 21 grams, SaturatedFat 15 grams, Sodium 716 milligrams, Sugar 2 grams, TransFat 0 grams
GOAT CHEESE CAKES (TO TOP YOUR SALAD)
These are wonderful little cakes to top off a good salad. They also work well as a side to grilled veggies. Super easy to make!
Provided by januarybride
Yield 2 cakes, 4-5 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 3
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees and position your cooking rack on the upper 1/3 of the oven.
- Slice the goat cheese (crossways) into 8-10 rounds.
- Place the ground almonds on a plate (if you like ground pepper, you can add some to the almonds).
- Pour olive oil onto another plate.
- Roll the cheese rounds around in the oil.
- Then gently turn the cheese around in the almonds, making sure it's completely coated.
- Place cheese rounds onto a baking sheet and bake 3-4 minutes until lightly toasted.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 446.4, Fat 39.1, SaturatedFat 17.7, Cholesterol 61.6, Sodium 460.1, Carbohydrate 5.3, Fiber 2, Sugar 2.8, Protein 20.6
More about "goat cheese cakes to top your salad recipes"
FRIED GOAT CHEESE RECIPE (MEDALLIONS OR BALLS)
ROASTED BEET SALAD WITH GOAT CHEESE - MOMSDISH
21 BEST GOAT CHEESE RECIPES - INSANELY GOOD
OUR 10 BEST GOAT’S CHEESE RECIPES | FOOD | THE GUARDIAN
FRIED GOAT CHEESE SALAD - A SPICY PERSPECTIVE
SIMPLE STRAWBERRY GOAT CHEESE SALAD W/ BALSAMIC VINAIGRETTE
SATISFYING BEET, PEAR, AND GOAT CHEESE FALL SALAD RECIPE
BAKED GOAT CHEESE SALAD RECIPE | SIDECHEF
BUCKWHEAT SALAD WITH CREAMY GOAT CHEESE DRESSING
SUMMER SALAD WITH GOAT CHEESE-FILLED POTATO CAKES
BAKED GOAT CHEESE (APPETIZER OR SALAD TOPPER!) - PINCH AND SWIRL
WARM FRENCH GOAT’S CHEESE SALAD (SALADE DE CHêVRE CHAUD)
OVER 50+TASTY RECIPES FOR GOAT CHEESE - MY HOMESTEAD LIFE
19 SALAD WITH GOAT CHEESE RECIPES - MY HOMESTEAD LIFE
TYLER FLORENCE'S STRAWBERRY AND BASIL GOAT CHEESE CAKE RECIPE
STRAWBERRY ARUGULA SALAD WITH GOAT CHEESE AND FARRO
GOAT'S CHEESE SALAD RECIPES | GOODTO
GOAT CHEESE CAKES TO TOP YOUR SALAD RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
GOAT CHEESE RANCH DRESSING RECIPE : TOP PICKED FROM OUR EXPERTS
MIXED BERRY SALAD WITH GOAT CHEESE AND BALSAMIC VINEGAR
ARUGULA AND BLACKBERRY SALAD WITH GOAT CHEESE | ELLE GOURMET
MANGO BLACKBERRY GOAT CHEESE SALAD - CUPCAKES & KALE CHIPS
BEET GOAT CHEESE ARUGULA SALAD RECIPE [LUNCH FOR FRIENDS]
HOW TO MAKE A GOAT CHEESE SALAD - FAST FOOD BISTRO
WORLD BEST EUROPEAN COOKING RECIPES : GOAT CHEESE CAKES (TO …
GOAT CHEESE SALAD RECIPE | EAT SMARTER USA
BAKED GOAT CHEESE SALAD RECIPE | MYRECIPES
GRILLED ZUCCHINI SALAD RECIPE | THE GRACIOUS PANTRY
GOAT CHEESE SALAD WITH ARUGULA & APPLE – A COUPLE COOKS
SWEET GOAT CHEESE RECIPES : TOP PICKED FROM OUR EXPERTS
SWEET GOAT CHEESE CAKE RECIPE | EAT SMARTER USA
GOAT'S CHEESE AND TOMATO BULGAR WHEAT SALAD | LUNCH RECIPES
SALAD WITH CHERRIES, GOAT CHEESE, & PISTACHIOS RECIPE
POTATO GOAT CHEESE CAKES WITH EUROPEAN SALAD AND BALSAMIC …
SWEDISH MARINATED TOMATO AND GOAT CHEESE SALAD
GOAT CHEESE CAKE WITH GRAHAM CRACKER CRUST - CHEFS CLUB RECIPES
GOAT CHEESE SALAD CROUTONS - JAMIE GELLER
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love