GRILLED CHICKEN SALAD WITH AVOCADO DRESSING
Reserve a portion of the unused marinade for this grilled chicken salad to use in the avocado dressing. The result is a big salad with even bigger flavor!
Provided by My Food and Family
Yield 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Whisk first 7 ingredients until blended. Reserve 1/2 cup mustard mixture; refrigerate for later use. Pour remaining mustard mixture over chicken in shallow dish; turn to evenly coat both sides of each breast. Refrigerate 2 hours to marinate.
- Meanwhile, blend avocados and 1/3 cup of the reserved mustard mixture in blender until smooth. Refrigerate until ready to serve with salad.
- Heat grill to medium heat. Remove chicken from marinade; discard marinade. Grill chicken 6 to 8 min. on each side or until done (165°F), brushing with remaining mustard mixture for the last few minutes.
- Slice chicken. Cover platter with salad greens; top with chicken and tomatoes. Drizzle with avocado dressing just before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 270, Fat 16 g, SaturatedFat 2.5 g, TransFat 0 g, Cholesterol 65 mg, Sodium 260 mg, Carbohydrate 0 g, Fiber 3 g, Sugar 0 g, Protein 26 g
GRILLED SEASONAL SALAD WITH AVOCADO DRESSING
- For the grilled seasonal salad: Prepare a grill for high heat.
- Brush the corn, cabbage and green onions with vegetable oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill the corn, cabbage, green onions and poblanos until charred and blistering, 4 to 5 minutes a side for the corn and onions, 10 minutes for the poblanos (turning throughout) and 10 to 15 minutes a side for the cabbage. Using a grill basket or by skewering, grill the strawberries for 1 to 2 minutes per side. Set the vegetables and strawberries aside to cool.
- For the avocado dressing: In the meantime, scoop the avocado flesh into the bowl of a food processor. Add the olive oil, vinegar, cilantro, lime zest and juice, garlic and some salt and pepper and process until smooth. Adjust the seasoning if necessary.
- When cool, rough-chop the cabbage. Remove the skins, seeds and ribs from the poblanos and cut into thin strips. Slice the green onions. Next, cut the corn kernels from the cobs over a towel to capture the kernels easily. Place all the veggies and the strawberries into a large bowl. Pour the avocado dressing over top and toss to coat. Season again with salt and pepper if necessary.
GRILLED CHICKEN SALAD WITH WARM MUSTARD DRESSING
"This tasty salad is fast to assemble, and cleanup's a breeze," assures Dawn Davidson of Thornton, Ontario. "Serve with the warmed dressing and crusty bread or rolls, and you have a complete meal that the whole family is sure to love."
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 13
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Place half in a saucepan and set aside. Brush remaining vinaigrette over chicken and onion rings. , Grill chicken and onion, covered, over medium heat for 12 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°. Cut chicken into 1/2-in. slices. , In a large bowl or on salad plates, layer the romaine, onion, chicken, red pepper and cheese. Heat the reserved vinaigrette; drizzle over salad.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 126 calories, Fat 9g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 13mg cholesterol, Sodium 248mg sodium, Carbohydrate 5g carbohydrate (2g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 6g protein.
GRILLED CHICKEN SALAD WITH STRAWBERRIES AND AVOCADO
This wonderful summer salad that is a meal all in one with grilled chicken, strawberries, avocado, spinach, and romaine lettuce topped with a sweet poppy seed dressing.
Provided by *Sherri*
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Combine olive oil, vinegar, honey, sugar, poppy seeds, salt, mustard, and grated onion in a blender. Transfer dressing to a bowl or jar and refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving.
- Combine Italian dressing and teriyaki sauce in a sealable container and add chicken. Seal and marinate at least 30 minutes to 1 hour before grilling.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Remove chicken from marinade and grill until juices run clear, 5 to 8 minutes per side. Remove from heat, let cool about 10 minutes, and cut into bite-sized pieces.
- Toss grilled chicken, spinach, and romaine lettuce together in a large serving bowl. Gently stir in strawberries and avocado. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Top salad with dressing and pecans when serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 618.7 calories, Carbohydrate 29.3 g, Cholesterol 32.3 mg, Fat 50.7 g, Fiber 7.6 g, Protein 16.9 g, SaturatedFat 6.8 g, Sodium 1107.5 mg, Sugar 19.4 g
BACON-WRAPPED GRILLED CHICKEN SALAD WITH AVOCADO AND LIME
Wrap your chicken with bacon, grill it and drizzle it with this nearly green goddess, almost-guacamole dressing and you might even convert burger eaters into salad fiends. Covering the butterflied breasts in bacon helps baste the lean chicken and accelerates char as fat melts onto the coals. Flare-ups are inevitable, but don't be alarmed: They will ensure rich color on the bacon while protecting the breast from overcooking. When assembling the salad, avoid weighing down the leaves with hot and heavy toppings: Dollop plenty of the dressing on the plate first, and layer most of the chicken and fudgy eggs below the lightly dressed leaves. There should be a little leftover dressing to satisfy the people that will want to dip each bite of chicken into the herby, lime-laced avocado.
Provided by Clare de Boer
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Take the chicken breasts out of the fridge to come to room temperature. Soak wooden toothpicks or skewers in water while you ready your grill. Clean the grate thoroughly and build a hot fire. This chicken needs to be cooked over intense, direct heat.
- While the coals heat, butterfly the chicken breasts: On a chopping board, place one hand on top of the breast, and slice into its side, starting at the thick end and moving toward the thin point. Make sure not to cut all the way through. Then, open up the breast, cover with plastic wrap and, using a rolling pin, roll the chicken to an even thickness of 1/2 inch; set aside.
- Prepare the dressing: Crush the herbs, salt and garlic in a pestle until you have a thick, bright-green paste (or finely chop them); stir in the lime juice. Scoop the avocados into the pestle and crush, then stir in the oil, pepper and half the jalapeños. Prepare the salad components so they're ready to be assembled when the chicken is cooked.
- When the coals are burning red and the grill hisses when you drop water on it, salt and pepper the chicken breasts on both sides. Lay 4 slices of bacon flat on each breast crosswise, then turn the chicken over and fold the bacon ends over like you're wrapping a parcel. Secure the ends of the bacon with toothpicks or skewers.
- Place the bacon-wrapped breasts on the grill, with the side without the toothpicks facing down. There will be some flare-ups as the bacon fat hits the coals; if it's burning, pull the parcels off the grill and give the coals a few minutes to cool. Otherwise, when the parcels have nice color on the first side, after about 3 or 4 minutes, flip them over. Cook on the second side until cooked through, about 2 to 4 minutes more; transfer to a cutting board to rest.
- Assemble the salad: Toss the leaves with about 1/3 of the avocado dressing and some additional olive oil to thin it. Use your hands to toss until coated and season to taste with salt.
- Pull the toothpicks or skewers out of the bacon-wrapped breasts and slice them into strips. Dollop 1/3 of the avocado dressing onto the serving platter, then arrange the leaves, chicken and eggs on top. Dollop with the remaining avocado dressing to taste. Finish with more herbs, remaining jalapeños, lime wedges and some extra olive oil for gloss.
HONEY LIME GRILLED CHICKEN SALAD WITH AVOCADO AND MANGO
Delicious summery salad from the Evil Shenanigans cooking blog. Bursting with flavors from the avocado, mango, lime chicken, black beans, cilantro, sesame oil and jalepeno...ENJOY! Note that prep time includes 30 minutes of marinating time.
Provided by Epi Curious
Categories Chicken Breast
Yield 2 dinner salads, 2 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 19
- In a medium bowl whisk together all the ingredients for the salad dressing. Cover and chill for at least an hour.
- In a plastic bag combine the ponzu, lime juice, garlic, and sugar. Add the chicken and allow to marinate at room temperature for thirty minutes.
- Once marinated, grill or broil the chicken until it reaches an internal temperature of 160°F Cover with foil and allow to rest for ten minutes before slicing into strips.
- In a medium bowl combine the avocado, mango, onion, jalapeno, and cilantro. Mix well.
- To serve place the lettuce on a place, then top with black beans and the avocado mango mixture. Drizzle with dressing then top with some sliced chicken.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1059, Fat 50.9, SaturatedFat 9.3, Cholesterol 108.1, Sodium 885.5, Carbohydrate 122.5, Fiber 17.1, Sugar 81.2, Protein 40.9
More about "grilled chicken salad with avocado dressing recipes"
GRILLED CHICKEN AVOCADO SALAD - PRIMAVERA KITCHEN
4.5/5 (4)Calories 360 per servingCategory Salad, Side Dish
- In a large salad bowl, add first the lettuce, and then top it with cucumber, red onions and avocado.
CHICKEN SALAD WITH AVOCADO DRESSING | RECIPETIN EATS
4.8/5 (23)Total Time 20 minsCategory SaladCalories 505 per serving
- Avocado Dressing: Place the ingredients in a small food processor and whizz until smooth. Use MILK to adjust consistency, and adjust salt to taste. (Note 1)
- Cook Chicken: Heat oil in a large skillet over high heat. Add chicken and cook both sides until dark brown. Remove onto a plate and cover loosely with foil. Rest for 5 minutes then slice thickly.
HEALTHY GRILLED CHICKEN SALAD WITH AVOCADO RECIPE - EAT …
2.9/5 (14)Category LunchAuthor David Zinczenko And Matt GouldingCalories 500 per serving
GRILLED CHICKEN SALAD WITH AVOCADO | MARK LAUREN
GRILLED AVOCADO AND CHICKEN SALAD - CHEF MEGAN MITCHELL
AVOCADO, POTATO, AND GRILLED CHICKEN SALAD - CALIFORNIA AVOCADOS
GRILLED CHICKEN SALAD WITH AVOCADO DRESSING | DIABETES UK
GRILLED CHICKEN AVOCADO SALAD - MORE THAN MEAT AND POTATOES
HOMEMADE CREAMY ITALIAN DRESSING WITH GRILLED CHICKEN SALAD
GRILLED CHIMICHURRI CHICKEN AVOCADO SALAD - CAFE DELITES
CHICKEN AND AVOCADO SALAD WITH SKINNY CREAMY DRESSING
GRILLED CHICKEN AVOCADO SALAD - THE THIRSTY FEAST
GRILLED CHICKEN AND AVOCADO SALAD
6 AWESOME AVOCADO CHICKEN SALAD RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
INSPIRED LEFTOVERS: GRILLED CHICKEN SALAD WITH AVOCADO …
GRILLED CHICKEN SALAD WITH AVOCADO AND MANGO RECIPE
GRILLED CHICKEN WITH TOMATO-AVOCADO SALAD RECIPE | MYRECIPES
GRILLED CHICKEN SALAD RECIPE - GRILLONADIME.COM
SOUTHWESTERN SALAD WITH GRILLED CHICKEN BEST RECIPES
GRILLED CHICKEN WITH TOMATO AVOCADO SALAD - RECIPE RUNNER
GRILLED LEMON HERB CHICKEN AVOCADO ORZO SALAD WITH HONEY …
AVOCADO AND GRILLED CHICKEN CHOPPED SALAD WITH SKINNY CHIPOTLE …
MEXICAN AVOCADO CHICKEN SALAD - RECIPETIN EATS
GRILLED CHICKEN AVOCADO SALAD | RECIPE - KOSHER.COM
CHICKEN AVOCADO SALAD - CREME DE LA CRUMB
GRILLED CHICKEN AVOCADO + MANGO SALAD - READY IN MINUTES!
GRILLED CHICKEN SALAD - DINNER AT THE ZOO
HEALTHY GRILLED CHICKEN SALAD WITH AVOCADO RECIPE — EAT THIS …
GRILLED CHICKEN CAESAR AVOCADO SALAD | THE RECIPE CRITIC
AVOCADO GRILLED CHICKEN SALAD WITH BACON - WENDY POLISI
HEALTHY CALIFORNIA GRILLED CHICKEN AVOCADO SALAD RECIPE - LIME
GRILLED CHICKEN WITH AVOCADO CUCUMBER SALAD RECIPES
GRILLED AVOCADO AND CHICKEN SALAD RECIPES
GREEK AVOCADO & GRILLED CHICKEN SALAD WITH GREEK DRESSING
GRILLED CHICKEN AND AVOCADO CAESAR SALAD | AVOCADOS FROM MEXICO
GRILLED CHICKEN ORZO SALAD WITH AVOCADO - HOWSWEETEATS.COM
GRILLED CHICKEN BLT SALAD - SIMPLY DELICIOUS
GRILLED CHICKEN SALAD WITH BACON & AVOCADO - COOK AT HOME MOM
GRILLED LEMON-HERB CHICKEN AND AVOCADO SALAD - PUREWOW
BBQ CHICKEN SALAD WITH AVOCADO DRESSING - SHARED APPETITE
GRILLED CHICKEN AVOCADO RANCH SALAD RECIPE | RANCH DRESSING
SOUTHWEST GRILLED CHICKEN SALAD WITH AVOCADO DRESSING
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make a chicken salad?Add olive oil to a grill pan, and cook the chicken for 15 minutes, turning halfway. Let it rest for 5-10 minutes before slicing. To assemble the salad, add lettuce, cucumbers, bell peppers, avocado, cilantro and grilled chicken to a large bowl. Pour the dressing on top and toss to combine.
What is in the grilled chicken strawberry avocado salad?This Grilled Chicken Salad is full of fresh strawberries and avocado over butter lettuce with a delicious citrus dressing and toasted almonds. This healthy, low-carb Grilled Chicken Strawberry Avocado Salad is a big bowl (or plate) of sunshine! I love it because it has so many different textures and flavors.
How to cook chicken and avocado dressing with spice rub?Instructions Avocado Dressing: Place the ingredients in a small food processor and whizz until smooth. Spice Rub: Combine ingredients and scatter on a plate. Chicken: Slice into 4 - 5 thin steaks on the diagonal, then coat both sides with Spice Rub. Cook Chicken: Heat oil in a large skillet over high heat.
How to make chicken salad with cilantro?Start by marinating the chicken in half a cup of mango cilantro salad dressing. Set aside for 15 minutes. Add olive oil to a grill pan, and cook the chicken for 15 minutes, turning halfway. Let it rest for 5-10 minutes before slicing. To assemble the salad, add lettuce, cucumbers, bell peppers, avocado, cilantro and grilled chicken to a large bowl.