GRILLED ROMAINE SALAD RECIPE
This salad is one of those recipes that's so flexible, you can make it what you want. If you have extra veggies to grill, add them to this salad. Grill some chicken to make an awesome chicken Ceasar with grilled romaine!
Provided by Diane
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Make the Dressing: Combine dressing ingredients (garlic, olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, balsamic, mustard, soy sauce, brown sugar, paprika, salt and black pepper) in mason jar. Close the lid and shake ingredients together until well combined. Or combine all ingredients together in medium bowl and whisk until combined. Set aside.
- Heat the grill or bbq to medium-high to high heat (depending on grill's heat intensity). Scrape the grill grates to make sure they are clean.
- Grill Romaine: Lightly coat romaine lettuce head with oil. Grill the lettuce until they're individually cooked and slightly charred.
- Allow lettuce to cool slightly. Lay romaine on large platter, drizzle dressing on top and sprinkle with cheese. Serve with lemon wedges and enjoy!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 168 kcal, Carbohydrate 3 g, Protein 3 g, Fat 15 g, SaturatedFat 4 g, Cholesterol 14 mg, Sodium 471 mg, Sugar 1 g, ServingSize 1 serving
GRILLED ROMAINE SALAD
Romaine hearts are slightly charred on the grill, and served with a fabulous shallot-balsamic dressing. Accompanied with oven dried tomatoes. Whoever eats this will go nuts for it!!!
Provided by JGLOTZ
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Preheat oven to 225 degrees F (110 degrees C). Mix olive oil, white sugar, rosemary, thyme, salt, and pepper in a large resealable plastic bag. Place tomatoes in the bag, seal, and shake to coat. Arrange coated tomato halves cut side up on a baking sheet. Bake tomatoes 2 1/2 hours in the preheated oven. Remove from heat, and let cool.
- In a blender or food processor, finely chop the shallots. Add vinegar and brown sugar, and process until smooth. Slowly add 1 3/4 cups oil, processing frequently, so as to thicken the mixture.
- Preheat grill for high heat. Brush romaine hearts with 1 tablespoon olive oil, and season with salt and pepper.
- Place romaine hearts on the preheated grill. Cook 5 to 10 minutes, turning frequently, until slightly charred but not heated all the way through. Serve warm on salad plates surrounded by tomato pieces and drizzled with the shallot dressing.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 621.7 calories, Carbohydrate 16.6 g, Fat 62.8 g, Fiber 1.9 g, Protein 1.5 g, SaturatedFat 8.7 g, Sodium 87.1 mg, Sugar 12.8 g
Lettuces do nicely on the grill, softening slightly at their centers and charring beautifully at their tips. Their bitterness is a fine counterpart to the sweet spiciness of a lot of grilled foods. In this recipe, the dressing is Caesar-like. Mustard and mayonnaise serve as emulsifiers, while anchovies, garlic and vinegar provide a welcome kick. Make sure to paint the dressing into the crevices between the leaves, so that while the lettuce caramelizes slightly on the exterior, there is still warm creaminess within.
Provided by Sam Sifton
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Build a fire in your grill, leaving one side free of coals. When coals are covered with gray ash and the temperature is medium (you can hold your hand 5 inches above the coals for 5 to 7 seconds), you are ready to cook. (For a gas grill, turn all burners to high, lower cover and heat for 15 minutes, then turn burners to medium.)
- Meanwhile, make the dressing: Put the minced garlic into a bowl, and add the minced anchovies. Using a whisk, mix and mash these ingredients together until they form a paste. Add the mayonnaise and the mustard and whisk. Add the olive oil, whisking all the while, and then the vinegar. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Make the salad: Drizzle the olive oil over the quartered heads of lettuce. Lightly grill these directly over the hot coals for 15 to 20 seconds on each side, until they are lightly golden, then remove to the cool side of the grill. Using a pastry brush or a small spoon, paint the dressing over the lettuce, making sure to get dressing between the leaves. Sprinkle the lettuce with Parmesan and cover the grill for 1 or 2 minutes to allow the cheese to melt and the lettuce to soften further. Remove lettuce to a platter and serve.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 457, UnsaturatedFat 33 grams, Carbohydrate 12 grams, Fat 42 grams, Fiber 7 grams, Protein 11 grams, SaturatedFat 8 grams, Sodium 891 milligrams, Sugar 4 grams, TransFat 0 grams
GRILLED ROMAINE SALAD
Take the classic wedge salad to the grill and serve up charred romaine topped with bacon and blue cheese.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Prepare an outdoor grill for medium heat.
- Put the bacon in a small skillet over medium heat and cook, stirring occasionally, until crisp about 8 minutes. Transfer the bacon to a paper towel-lined plate and reserve the bacon drippings in the skillet.
- Whisk the mayonnaise, sour cream, vinegar, 1 teaspoon of reserved bacon drippings and a pinch of salt and pepper together in a small bowl.
- Brush the cut sides of the lettuce with additional bacon drippings and season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Lightly oil the grill grates. Grill the lettuce, without flipping, until lightly charred and wilted, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a serving platter. Pour the dressing over the lettuce and scatter the crisp bacon and blue cheese on top.
GRILLED CAESAR SALAD / GRILLED ROMAINE
Yes! The romaine is grilled to char and just wilt for yummy flavor! For a complete meal top with grilled chicken.
Provided by Rita1652
Yield 2 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat grill to medium high.
- Drizzle oil and lemon juice over romaine and season with salt and pepper.
- Place on grill and cook for 1-2 minutes per side.
- Place cooked romaine on 2 plates and drizzle with dressing top with anchovies, cheese and or croutons. Enjoy!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 169.2, Fat 11.9, SaturatedFat 1.8, Cholesterol 5.7, Sodium 229, Carbohydrate 13.9, Fiber 6.8, Sugar 4.3, Protein 4.6
GRILLED ROMAINE SALAD
For a great tasting salad, try this recipe on the grill! Add any dressing of your choice to complete the dish.-Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 12 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a small bowl, whisk 1/3 cup oil, vinegar and seasonings. Set aside., Brush the onions, tomatoes, cucumber and romaine with remaining oil. Grill the onions, tomatoes and cucumber, uncovered, over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until onions are crisp-tender. Grill romaine for 30 seconds on each side or until heated through. , Chop the vegetables; place in a large bowl. Whisk dressing and pour over salad; toss to coat. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 98 calories, Fat 10g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 30mg sodium, Carbohydrate 3g carbohydrate (1g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 1g protein.
ROMAINE SALAD WITH GRILLED VEGETABLES
This light entree salad made a great one-course lunch for me. Got this recipe from an Indian magazine for women called Femina.
Provided by Mini Ravindran
Yield 1 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Combine the oil, basil, oregano and garlic in a large bowl.
- Toss in the sliced vegetables.
- Marinate for 5 minutes.
- Place on a hot grill and cook until just soft.
- Allow to cool slightly.
- Arrange the Romaine on large plates.
- Divide the vegetables on the plates.
- Top with your favorite vinaigrette.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1305.1, Fat 111.9, SaturatedFat 15.5, Sodium 92.4, Carbohydrate 76.5, Fiber 38.5, Sugar 32.7, Protein 19.6
- Preheat grill for medium heat and lightly oil the grate. Drizzle olive oil over romaine lettuce and season with steak seasoning.
- Place lettuce cut side-down on preheated grill. Cook until lettuce is slightly wilted and charred, about 5 minutes. Drizzle with lemon juice to serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 100.9 calories, Carbohydrate 9 g, Fat 7.4 g, Fiber 3.8 g, Protein 2.3 g, SaturatedFat 1 g, Sodium 1390.2 mg, Sugar 2.5 g
More about "grilled romaine salad recipes"
GRILLED ROMAINE SALAD RECIPE - FOOD REPUBLIC
GRILLED CAESAR SALAD | THE RECIPE CRITIC
GRILLED ROMAINE SALAD RECIPE BBQ LEMON, CHEESE - EAT …
GRILLED ROMAINE LETTUCE RECIPE - SIMPLY RECIPES
HEALTHY GRILLED ROMAINE SALAD RECIPE | CRATE & BARREL
GRILLED ROMAINE SALAD RECIPE TAKES VEGETABLE GRILLING TO THE NEXT …
GRILLED ROMAINE WEDGE SALAD - RECIPE GIRL®
HOW TO MAKE EASY GRILLED ROMAINE | TASTE OF HOME
GRILLED ROMAINE - JESSICA GAVIN
GRILLED ROMAINE SALAD WITH LEMON & PARMESAN | LIVE EAT LEARN
GRILLED ROMAINE SALAD RECIPE - MARK'S DAILY APPLE
SUMMER CRUNCHY ROMAINE SALAD - RELUCTANT ENTERTAINER
GRILLED ROMAINE SALAD - SIMPLY SCRATCH
GRILLED ROMAINE RECIPE (WITH LEMON, PARMESAN, AND …
GRILLED ROMAINE SALAD RECIPE WITH GRILLED CORN SALAD
THE BEST GRILLED SALAD RECIPES | TASTING TABLE
GRILLED ROMAINE SALAD | BAD MANNERS
GRILLED ROMAINE SALAD - TASTE OF THE SOUTH
HOW TO GRILL LETTUCE + SIMPLE ITALIAN GRILLED ROMAINE SALAD
EASY GRILLED ROMAINE – A COUPLE COOKS
GRILLED CORN ROMAINE SALAD WITH HONEY MUSTARD TAHINI SAUCE
OVEN BROILED "GRILLED" ROMAINE SALAD - JUSTINE SNACKS
GRILLED ROMAINE STEAK SALAD RECIPE - GRILLSEEKER
GRILLED ROMAINE SALAD WITH BUTTERMILK DRESSING - A SPICY PERSPECTIVE
GRILLED ROMAINE SALAD WITH HONEY LIME CREMA DRESSING BY …
GRILLED SALMON AND ROMAINE SALAD | BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
GRILLED ROMAINE CAESAR SALAD RECIPE - MASHED
GRILLED ROMAINE HEART SALAD RECIPE - CHEF'S PENCIL
GRILLED ROMAINE LETTUCE SALAD | RICARDO
GRILLED ROMAINE SALAD WITH LENTILS | FOODBYMARIA RECIPES
GRILLED ROMAINE SALAD - A LICENSE TO GRILL
GRILLED SHRIMP AND VEGETABLE SALAD – GIADZY
GRILLED ROMAINE CHOPPED SALAD RECIPE - WHITNEYBOND.COM
GRILLED ROMAINE CAESAR SALAD & HERBED BEANS | MINIMALIST BAKER …
GRILLED ROMAINE SALAD WITH CRAB RECIPE | COOKING LIGHT
GRILLED ROMAINE WEDGE SALAD RECIPE | CHEFDEHOME.COM
GRILLED CAESAR-ISH ROMAINE SALADS RECIPE - PAMELA SALZMAN
GRILLED ROMAINE SALAD - THE WOODEN SKILLET
GRILLED ROMAINE SALAD WITH MAITAKE MUSHROOMS - FEASTING AT HOME
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #salads #vegetables #easy
You'll also love