GRILLED SEA SCALLOPS
I love scallops and got this recipe from the local grocery store, Dierbergs. I haven't tried it yet, but think it sounds great over rice.
Provided by karen
Categories < 30 Mins
Yield 2-3 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Thread scallops onto skewers. If using bamboo skewers, soak in water for 10 minutes before using.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients and then rub onto scallops.
- TO GRILL: Place on oiled grill over hot coals. Grill for 2-3 minutes per side until opaque throughout.
- TO BROIL: Place on broiler pan and broil 4-5 inches from heat source for 2-3 minutes per side until opaque throughout.
GRILLED SEA SCALLOP AND SHIITAKE SKEWERS
Grilled shiitake mushrooms are crispy on the outside, tender on the inside, and pair nicely with sea scallops. I like to serve them with roasted broccoli, but roasted potatoes are a good choice too.
Provided by Soup Loving Nicole
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Place mushrooms in a bowl. Add soy sauce, olive oil, and lemon juice. Stir to coat.
- Place scallops, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, and Italian seasoning in a separate bowl. Stir to coat.
- Soak wooden skewers in water while mushrooms and scallops marinate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat and lightly oil the grate. Thread mushrooms and scallops onto separate skewers. Grill until mushrooms soften scallops are opaque, about 3 minutes per side. Cook mushrooms for 1 to 2 minutes more if needed. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 298.8 calories, Carbohydrate 10.7 g, Cholesterol 68.5 mg, Fat 14.6 g, Fiber 1 g, Protein 30.4 g, SaturatedFat 1.9 g, Sodium 736.7 mg, Sugar 1 g
GRILLED SKEWERED SEA SCALLOPS
This has everything going for it - it's low-calorie, it's fast, and it's delicious. The scallops need to marinate about 30 minutes, which gives you time to rustle up a nice rice pilaf and salad to accompany it. Then throw on the grill and dinner is served!
Provided by JackieOhNo
Categories Low Cholesterol
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Whisk lime juice, oil, garlic, cumin, chili powder, salt, and cayenne together in small bowl.
- Thread scallops and tomatoes alternately on 4 skewers.
- Place on platter and drizzle with marinade.
- Cover and refrigerate, basting once with marinade, about 30 minutes.
- Prepare charcoal for grilling or heat broiler.
- Grill or broil skewers, basting with marinade but not turning, just until scallops are cooked through, 5-7 minutes.
- Place lime wedge on each skewer and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 153.5, Fat 4.5, SaturatedFat 0.6, Cholesterol 37.5, Sodium 481.9, Carbohydrate 8.6, Fiber 1.6, Sugar 2.4, Protein 20
GRILLED SEA SCALLOP SKEWERS WITH CREAMY HOT PEPPER AND GARLIC VINAIGRETTE WITH TOASTED BREADCRUMBS
Provided by Bobby Flay
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Put the mayonnaise, cherry peppers, vinegar, 2 tablespoons parsley, mustard, lemon juice, 2 tablespoons olive oil, thyme and garlic in a blender. Season with salt and pepper and puree until fairly smooth. Set aside.
- Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons oil in a medium saute pan over high heat. Add the breadcrumbs and cook until lightly golden brown. Remove from the heat and stir in the remaining 1 tablespoon parsley and the lemon zest. Season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat the grill for high heat direct grilling.
- Skewer 2 or 3 scallops onto 2 skewers so that the scallops lay flat. Brush both sides with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill the scallops until well caramelized on one side, about 3 minutes. Flip and cook another 30 seconds or so. Remove to a platter, drizzle with the vinaigrette and sprinkle with the breadcrumbs.
Provided by Food Network
Yield 30 servings
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In small bowl, mix first five ingredients to make sauce. Assemble skewers by placing one scallop (or two-three bay scallops) and one piece of scallion on each skewer. (These skewers can be prepped a day ahead and kept chilled in the fridge, then grilled a few hours before party time and kept warm until serving.)
- Brush with ginger soy sauce and cook about two minutes per side or until just opaque. Be careful not to overcook scallops or they'll get a rubbery texture. Continue to brush with sauce throughout cooking.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat and lightly oil grate.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook onion and garlic until soft and translucent, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat, and stir in lemon juice and salt. Place scallops in a large bowl, and toss with butter mixture. Let stand for about 2 minutes.
- Thread scallops onto skewers, or use a wire grill basket. Cook on preheated grill for about 4 minutes per side.
- Return butter mixture to saucepan, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, and keep warm while scallops cook. Toss with grilled scallops and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 317.5 calories, Carbohydrate 6.2 g, Cholesterol 98.5 mg, Fat 23.9 g, Fiber 0.4 g, Protein 19.8 g, SaturatedFat 14.7 g, Sodium 349 mg, Sugar 1.2 g
GRILLED SCALLOP AND ORANGE SKEWERS
- Remove small muscle from sides of scallops, and discard. Combine juices, oil, and salt and pepper to taste. Crush a few sprigs of thyme, and add to marinade. Stir in scallops. Marinate in the refrigerator for 1 to 3 hours.
- Heat a grill or grill pan to medium hot, and place grid 4 inches above coals. Double-skewer scallops, alternating with orange sections. Tuck a sprig of thyme or skewer a bay leaf between each scallop and orange. Lay skewers in a pan, and pour remaining marinade over them.
- Grill for 2 to 3 minutes on each side, until scallops are opaque and lightly charred. Serve immediately.
GRILLED SCALLOPS WRAPPED IN PROSCIUTTO
- Preheat grill to high. (If using a charcoal grill, coals are ready when you can hold your hand 5 inches above grill for 2 seconds.)
- Halve 1 slice prosciutto lengthwise. Fold in half lengthwise, and wrap around sides of 1 scallop, overlapping prosciutto ends. Repeat with remaining prosciutto and scallops. Thread several scallops on each skewer.
- Drizzle scallops lightly with oil, squeeze lemons over skewers, and season with pepper. Grill scallops, turning once, until just opaque, about 3 minutes per side. Serve with lemon.
"My guests are always impressed when I make these special shrimp and scallop kabobs," says Carolyn Grier of Aurora, Illinois. "They taste great and look spectacular when I garnish the plate with orange slices and fresh parsley."
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first five ingredients. Add shrimp and scallops. Seal and turn to coat. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour. , Discard marinade. Place shrimp and scallops on four metal or soaked wooden skewers. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 5 minutes on each side or until shrimp turn pink. Serve with rice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 231 calories, Fat 16g fat (0 saturated fat), Cholesterol 99mg cholesterol, Sodium 440mg sodium, Carbohydrate 4g carbohydrate (0 sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 18g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
More about "grilled skewered sea scallops recipes"
10 BEST GRILLED SEA SCALLOPS RECIPES | YUMMLY
GRILLED SEAFOOD SKEWERS WITH TOMATO BASIL BUTTER - SOUTHERN BOY …
GRILLED SEA SCALLOP RECIPES SKEWERS - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING …
GRILLED DRUNKEN SHRIMP AND SCALLOP SKEWERS - BETTER HOMES
PESSAGNO WINERY GRILLED SKEWERED SEA SCALLOPS | RECIPES
GRILLED SCALLOPS WITH NORI RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
GRILLED SCALLOP SKEWERS | PRISCOTTY PURE
GRILLED SCALLOP SKEWERS - STUBB'S BBQ
GRILLED SEA SCALLOP SKEWERS - MONTEREY BOATS
GRILLED SHRIMP AND SCALLOPS SKEWERS RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
GRILLED SEA SCALLOPS RECIPES | AMAZING HAMBURGER
GRILLED SCALLOP SKEWERS WITH PARSLEY GARLIC SAUCE
GRILLED SCALLOPS RECIPE - THE SEASONED MOM
GRILLED SCALLOP AND ORANGE KEBABS WITH HONEY-GINGER GLAZE
GRILLED SCALLOP & ZUCCHINI SKEWERS - AQUA STAR
BACON WRAPPED SCALLOP SKEWERS | SCALLOP RECIPES, RECIPES, GRILLED ...
GRILLED SCALLOP KABOBS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
QUICK AND EASY GRILLED SCALLOPS - SPEND WITH PENNIES
GRILLED SCALLOPS ON ROSEMARY SKEWERS RECIPE - LEITE'S CULINARIA
HOW TO GRILL SCALLOPS: THE EASIEST, MOST FLAVORFUL METHOD
GRILLED SCALLOPS - THE MODERN PROPER
GRILLED SKEWERED SEA SCALLOPS RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
GRILLED SCALLOP SKEWERS WITH PANCETTA & ROSEMARY RECIPE - YANKEE …
GRILLED SCALLOPS SKEWERS RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
GRILLED SEA SCALLOPS RECIPE - HOUSE & HOME
10 BEST GRILLED SEA SCALLOPS RECIPES | YUMMLY
SKEWERED SCALLOPS GRILLED - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY RECIPES …
GRILLED SCALLOP SKEWERS - AMERICAN SCALLOP ASSOCIATION
GRILLED SEA SCALLOPS SKEWERS - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
TRAEGER GRILLED SHRIMP AND SCALLOP SKEWERS - OR WHATEVER YOU DO
GRILLED SCALLOPS | HOW TO GRILL SCALLOPS — THE MOM 100
GRILLED SEA SCALLOPS, CEVICHE STYLE | TRAEGER GRILLS
GRILLED SCALLOPS WITH LEMON AND HERBS - DINNER AT THE ZOO
GRILLED SEAFOOD OR CHICKEN SKEWERS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
GRILLED SKEWERED SEA SCALLOPS RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
GRILLED SCALLOP SKEWERS IN CITRUS GARLIC SMOKED BUTTER SAUCE
GRILLED ROSEMARY-SKEWERED SCALLOPS — GRILLOCRACY
BOBBY FLAY’S GRILLED SEA SCALLOP SKEWERS | BOBBY FLAY’S BARBECUE ...
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #main-ingredient #preparation #occasion #healthy #seafood #barbecue #easy #low-fat #summer #dietary #low-cholesterol #seasonal #low-saturated-fat #low-calorie #low-carb #healthy-2 #scallops #low-in-something #shellfish #equipment #grilling
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook scallops on the grill?Place scallops in a large bowl, and toss with butter mixture. Let stand for about 2 minutes. Thread scallops onto skewers, or use a wire grill basket. Cook on preheated grill for about 4 minutes per side. Return butter mixture to saucepan, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, and keep warm while scallops cook.
How do you make marinated scallops and tomatoes?Whisk lime juice, oil, garlic, cumin, chili powder, salt, and cayenne together in small bowl. Thread scallops and tomatoes alternately on 4 skewers. Place on platter and drizzle with marinade. Cover and refrigerate, basting once with marinade, about 30 minutes.
How do you remove scallops from a Weber gas grill?I do this by dipping a folded paper towel in oil, then using tongs to rub the oiled towel all over the grates. As the grill heats, pat the scallops dry and gently pull off the little piece of muscle that may be hanging off one side. (It should peel right off, like string cheese).
How do you cook salmon skewers on the grill?A delicious skewered salmon appetizer that won't have you missing your own party to prepare. Simply marinade in a simple sauce, thread them onto skewers, and toss them on the grill. Easy and delicious! (Note: Be sure and soak wooden skewers in water for 10 minutes before grilling to prevent burning.)