Wheels of halvah - a soft, fudgelike candy made out of sesame paste - is an iconic sight in Middle Eastern markets. But it's also extremely easy to make at home, as long as you have access to a good brand of tahini (the only ingredient should be sesame seeds) and a candy thermometer. This recipe is adapted from the cookbook "Zahav: A World of Israeli Cooking," by the chef Michael Solomonov. Eat it on its own cut into little pieces with a cup of tea, or dip cubes of it in chocolate and top with sesame seeds to serve as an elegant confection at the end of a fancy dinner party.
Provided by Melissa Clark
Categories candies, dessert
Yield 24 servings
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Line an 8- x 8-inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- Combine sugar, vanilla seeds and lemon zest with 1/2 cup water in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring to dissolve sugar. Allow mixture to simmer into a syrup, without stirring, until temperature registers 245 degrees on candy thermometer.
- While syrup is cooking, place tahini and salt in bowl of a stand mixer fitted with paddle. Beat on medium speed. Carefully stream syrup into tahini with mixer running. Mix until syrup is incorporated and mixture begins to pull away from sides of bowl, about 30 seconds to 1 minute. Be careful not to overmix. The halvah texture should be fudgelike, not sandy.
- Working quickly with a heatproof spatula, transfer mixture to the prepared pan. Place another piece of parchment on top and use your hands on top of the parchment to smooth out halvah. Cool completely to room temperature and cut into squares. Store at room temperature, well wrapped in plastic, for a week.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 155, UnsaturatedFat 7 grams, Carbohydrate 20 grams, Fat 8 grams, Fiber 1 gram, Protein 3 grams, SaturatedFat 1 gram, Sodium 22 milligrams, Sugar 17 grams
HALVA (SESAME SEED FUDGE)
- Cook sugar and milk in a sauce pot over medium heat to just under the soft-ball stage (203 degrees F).
- Remove from heat and add Tahini and vanilla but do not stir.
- Wait 2 minutes.
- Beat the mixture with a paddle or spoon for a few seconds.
- Pour into a small buttered pan.
A different twist on fudge with Mediterranean flair. From The Complete Greek Cook Book by Theresa Karas Yianlios.
Provided by winkki
Yield 1 pan, 32 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Cook sugar and milk in a sauce pot over medium heat to just under the soft-ball stage, to 230°F Remove from heat.
- Add tahini and vanilla but do not mix in immediately.
- Let cool about 2 minutes.
- Beat with paddle or spoon for a few seconds and pour quickly into a buttered 8x8 pan; let cool.
More about "halvah fudge recipes"
EASY HOMEMADE HALVAH WITH PISTACHIOS - THE FINAL TASTE
ISRAELI HALVAH RECIPE | MY JEWISH LEARNING
HONEY HALVA RECIPE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
HALVAH AND HALWAH: WHAT'S THE DIFFERENCE? | THE NOSHER
RECIPE: HALVAH FUDGE
RECIPE FOR HALVA RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
GREEK HALVAH FUDGE - RECIPECIRCUS.COM
HALVAH FUDGE RECIPE
HOMEMADE HALVAH BARS - TO SIMPLY INSPIRE
HALVAH FUDGE RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
HALVAH FUDGE BARS - THE WASHINGTON POST
HALVAH FUDGE RECIPE - BAKERRECIPES.COM
HOW TO MAKE AN AUTHENTIC HALVA RECIPE | TASTE OF HOME
SALTED CHOCOLATE HALVA FUDGE - LEE'S PROVISIONS
ISRAELI HALVAH RECIPE - STUDENT ISRAELITY
HALVA FUDGE RECIPE - SPINNEYS.COM
HALVAH FUDGE – RECIPES
RECIPE FOR HALVAH FUDGE - ONLINE RECIPES FROM HINDS JERSEY FARM
HALVAH FUDGE RECIPE - COOKEATSHARE
HALVAH FUDGE WITH TAHINI RECIPE | CDKITCHEN.COM
HALVAH FUDGE - BIGOVEN.COM
WORLD BEST EUROPEAN COOKING RECIPES : HALVAH 'FUDGE'
HALVAH (HELVA): A RECIPE OF CONTRASTS - THE ARMENIAN KITCHEN
BEST HALVA RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE HALVA - DELISH
HALVAH MILK CHOCOLATE HOT FUDGE - BLOSSOM TO STEM
HALVA RECIPE (TAHINI FUDGE) || WILLIAM'S KITCHEN - YOUTUBE
43 HALVAH RECIPE IDEAS | HALVAH RECIPE, HALVAH, HALVA
FUDGE- HALVAH RECIPE BY BRETT - COOKEATSHARE
HALVAH FUDGE RECIPE - BAKERRECIPES.COM
HALVAH FUDGE RECIPE - COOKSRECIPES.COM
EDEN GRINSHPAN'S SALTED HALVAH CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
HALVAH COOKIES – THE BUTTERY BABE
HALVAH FUDGE – COOKING RECIPES
HALVAH FUDGE BARS | RECIPE | FUDGE BARS, HALVAH, FUDGE
HOW TO MAKE MOUTH-WATERING HALVAH - UNPACKED
You'll also love