HAM AND PEPPERS STIR FRY WITH SWEET AND SOUR SAUCE
We call this "Ham and Peppers" but there's onion and pineapple too. This is a great quick meal and an excellent use for leftover ham. The recipe was originally from a Doubleday Cookbook but has evolved during the past 12 years to suit our taste--we like the ham and onions slightly browned and the peppers crisp/tender. Serve over steamed rice and add soy sauce to taste. Note that this dish is best just after it's thickened and it doesn't reheat that well, but there's rarely any leftovers.
Provided by TommyGato
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Prepare the sauce by first stirring cornstarch with about 2 or 3 tbs.of the chicken broth in a small bowl.
- When the cornstarch is dissolved and smooth, stir in the remaining sauce ingredients and set aside.
- Brown ham in 1/3 of butter over moderately high heat in a skillet or wok until it begins to brown.
- Remove and set the ham aside.
- Melt another 1/3 of the butter in the skillet or wok and sauté the onions.
- When they start to soften and turn translucent, add the peppers and the final 1/3 of the butter.
- When the onions have somewhat browned, add the ham and the pineapple, juice and all.
- Stir the sauce until smooth again (since the cornstarch tends to settle) and pour into skillet or wok.
- Increase heat and stir until the sauce begins to bubble.
- Reduce heat and stir for a minute or two until the cornstarch is fully cooked; if too thick, thin with a little water or broth.
- Serve over steamed rice as soon as possible. I like to sprinkle some dried hot red pepper flakes over it; I love hot food and this gives the dish some zing!
HAM AND FRUIT STIR-FRY
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Saute the ham and onion in the skillet for 5 minutes. Add 1/2 the amount of juice from the can of pineapple and allow it to be absorbed by the ham, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Stir in the pineapple chunks, apple and brown sugar. Pour in any remaining pineapple juice only if mixture is getting too thick. Stir all ingredients together well and allow to heat through, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 767.5 calories, Carbohydrate 36.5 g, Cholesterol 211.9 mg, Fat 29.9 g, Fiber 2.3 g, Protein 85.3 g, SaturatedFat 9.1 g, Sodium 8161.1 mg, Sugar 30.8 g
QUICK HAM STIR-FRY
- In large wok, heat oil over medium high heat.
- Add celery, onion, and green pepper; stir-fry 2 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Add ham, garlic powder and pepper; stir fry 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add rice and soy sauce; stir fry 3-4 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- Serve with additional soy sauce, if desired.
FRIED RICE WITH HAM
This is a great recipe that your family will love and is easy to make. Cook the rice a day ahead or buy some from a local Asian restaurant. The quality of the ham used makes a big difference in the recipe results.
Provided by UBDESIGN
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the green onions in the oil for 1 minute. Add the ham, eggs, and the peas and carrot blend to the oil. Cook and stir until the egg is completely cooked. Add the rice and bean sprouts to the egg mixture and stir continually until the rice is heated completely through. Remove from heat; season with salt, pepper, and soy sauce.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 400.3 calories, Carbohydrate 46.4 g, Cholesterol 155.2 mg, Fat 16.4 g, Fiber 3.9 g, Protein 16.6 g, SaturatedFat 4 g, Sodium 1749.2 mg, Sugar 2.2 g
HAM AND BROCCOLI STIR-FRY
- Cut broccoli into 2 inch x 1 inch pieces. Cut red pepper into 1/2 inch wide slices. Cut onion into 8 wedges. Cut ham into bite-size chunks. In 12 inch skillet over high heat, in 1 tablespoon very hot salad oil, cook broccoli pieces and salt, stirring quickly and constantly, until evenly coated with oil. Add 1/4 cup water. Reduce heat to medium, cover and cook 2 minutes. Uncover and stir-fry 5 minutes or until broccoli is tender-crisp. Remove to a small bowl. In the same skillet over medium heat, in 2 tablespoons hot salad oil, cook red pepper and onion until golden brown. Stir in ham chunks, broccoli, black pepper and 1/4 cup water, stirring gently until ham is heated through.
More about "ham stir fry recipes"
SWEET AND SOUR HAM BALL STIR-FRY - BAREFEET IN THE KITCHEN
Reviews 5Estimated Reading Time 4 minsServings 5-6
- Pour the pineapple juice into a large liquid measuring cup. Add enough chicken broth to bring the total liquid amount to 1 1/2 cups. Whisk the Sriracha sauce and the sesame oil into the pineapple juice mixture and set aside. In a separate small bowl or cup, whisk together the soy sauce and cornstarch. Set this aside next to the other liquids.
- Add a teaspoon of oil to a large skillet or wok over high heat. Toss in the onion and stir to coat. Let it cook about 2 minutes, stirring once or twice, allowing it to brown on the edges. Add in the bell peppers and the garlic and stir fry, tossing frequently, over high heat, until the peppers are hot and still crisp, about 2 minutes. Transfer the onions, peppers and garlic to a bowl and set aside. (Do not cover the bowl, or the peppers will continue cooking and steam under the lid!)
- Place the pan back on the stove and add the second teaspoon of oil. Heat until shimmering and then add the ham balls and any syrup with them. Lower the heat to medium high and stir until the syrup has boiled and reduced to a very thick and sticky consistency, about 3 minutes.
- Add the pineapple chunks and stir to coat them well. Whisk the cornstarch and soy sauce paste into the pineapple juice mixture and pour into the skillet with the ham balls. Bring to a boil and the reduce the heat slightly, allowing the sauce to lightly boil as it reduces by almost half, into a sticky syrupy sauce. This should take about 10-15 minutes.
BETTER THAN TAKEOUT HAM FRIED RICE | THE RECIPE CRITIC
5/5 (2)Total Time 30 minsCategory Dinner, Main CourseCalories 389 per serving
- Preheat a large skillet or wok to medium heat. Pour sesame oil in the bottom. Add white onion, chopped ham, peas and carrots and fry until tender.
- Slide the onion, peas and carrots to the side, and pour the beaten eggs onto the other side. Using a spatula, scramble the eggs. Once cooked, mix the eggs with the vegetable mix.
- Add the rice to the veggie, ham and egg mixture. Pour the soy sauce on top. Stir and fry the rice and veggie mixture until heated through and combined. Add chopped green onions if desired.
15-MINUTE TERIYAKI HAM STIR FRY - FEAST FOR A FRACTION
5/5 (2)Total Time 12 minsCategory DinnerCalories 309 per serving
- Add rice, ham and frozen vegetables and stir to combine. Allow to cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add teriyaki sauce and stir to combine. Cover and allow to cook for 5 minutes, or until heated through. Stir occasionally as needed. Add additional sauce to your liking.
CABBAGE STIR-FRY WITH MUSHROOMS AND HAM - JULIA'S ALBUM
Cuisine German, RussianTotal Time 1 hrCategory Side DishCalories 297 per serving
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil on medium heat, add chopped onion and minced garlic and cook until softened for about 2-3 minutes. Reduce heat, if necessary, to avoid burning the onions and garlic.
- Add tomato paste and about 2 tablespoons of water to the skillet, and mix, cooking on medium heat, to make sure the tomato paste is well combined with onions and garlic.
- On medium heat, add shredded cabbage, finely chopped pickled cucumber, chopped mushrooms and chopped ham to the tomato paste mixture, mix to combine. Add more water if needed, by tablespoons, to make sure your mixture remains moist but not soupy.
- Reduce heat to simmer and let the vegetables braise on very low heat for about 40 minutes to make sure all flavors blend well. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
SWEET AND SOUR HAM STIR FRY - FAMILY HERITAGE RECIPES
Estimated Reading Time 1 min See details »
INDONESIAN-STYLE HAM STIR-FRY - RECIPE - FINECOOKING
5/5 (2)Category Main CourseCuisine AsianCalories 410 per serving See details »
10 BEST VEGETABLE HAM STIR FRY RECIPES | YUMMLY
See details »
LEFTOVER HAM STIR FRY - THE COOKIE WRITER
Servings 6-8Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
- Add a couple of tablespoons of oil to a wok and set over medium-high heat. When hot, add in the carrots and cook for 5 minutes. Stir in onions, mushroom, celery, and white part of bok choy. Cook for 3 minutes. Add in zucchini, red pepper, garlic, and water chestnuts. Cook for 3 minutes. Add in soy sauce, ham, and green part of bok choy. Cook 3 more minutes.
- Whisk together all the sauce ingredients until really well combined. Poor into stir fry and cook for a few minutes, or until nicely thickened!
HAM CABBAGE STIR FRY | ROTI N RICE
Reviews 1Category Side DishCuisine ChineseTotal Time 22 mins
- Heat a wok or large pan over medium heat. When it is hot, add vegetable oil. Fry ham for about 2 minutes.
- Pour in cornstarch mixture. Stir to combine for another 1 to 2 minutes. Corn starch mixture will thicken. Turn off heat.
BABY CORN, HAM AND JICAMA STIR FRY RECIPE
Reviews 5Estimated Reading Time 2 minsServings 6Total Time 20 mins See details »
STIR-FRIED VEGETABLES WITH HAM - ASIAN IN AMERICA
Cuisine American, Asian, FilipinoTotal Time 14 minsCategory Dinner, Lunch, Main CourseCalories 85 per serving
- In a large skillet or work, over medium high heat, add the vegetable oil. When oil is hot enough after 1 to 2 minutes, stir fry the garlic and onions.
- When onions are translucent, after about 2 minutes add the baked ham cubes. Braise for 1 to minutes.
- Add the patis and broth to the skillet. Then add the snow peas, green beans and carrots. Cover and cook for 5 to 8 minutes till vegetables are nearly cooked.
- Toss in the Chinese cabbage shreds. Season with salt and pepper. Mix ingredients well. Cover and continue cooking for 1 to 2 minutes more. The vegetable greens should be cooked by then. Serve with boiled rice.
SKILLET HAM & CAULIFLOWER STIR FRY - HAMMERS N HUGS
Reviews 1Category Main CourseCuisine AmericanTotal Time 20 mins
- In a large skillet, mix the vegetable oil and frozen riced cauliflower stir fry and cook over medium/high heat for 5 minutes until veggies start to soften.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and cook for approximately 10-15 minutes or until the veggies and ham start to brown/crisp.
- Place all ingredients (except eggs.0) into a gallon freezer bag and lay flat in the freezer. Prior to cooking, break up the frozen piece into smaller pieces and place in skillet. Cook as directed. Add eggs during this step.
LEFT OVER HAM STIR FRY WITH RICE FLAT NOODLES | MY KITCHEN ...
Reviews 9Servings 6Cuisine Asian InspiredCategory Maincourse, Video
- Start by re-hydrating the rice noodles. Put them into a bowl and pour over boiling water to cover. The thicker the noodles the longer they will take. Once softened drain and set aside.
- Heat a wok or deep fry pan and add the oil. next add the onions and toss for a minute. Add the garlic and ginger and toss for a minute more.
HAM AND ZUCCHINI STIR FRY - YELLOW GLASS DISH | LOW CARB ...
Cuisine American, ChineseTotal Time 11 minsServings 3Calories 267 per serving See details »
HAM & PINEAPPLE STIR FRY RECIPE | SPARKRECIPES
4/5 (1)Calories 249 per servingServings 6 See details »
PINEAPPLE HAM STIR FRY RECIPE | SPARKRECIPES
4.4/5 (9)Calories 195 per servingServings 4 See details »
HAM STIR FRY RECIPES
See details »
CABBAGE HAM STIR FRY - RECIPES | COOKS.COM
See details »
HAM SPAGHETTI STIR-FRY - EASY DINNER IDEAS
See details »
HAM STEAK STIR FRY RECIPE - RECIPETIPS.COM
See details »
HAM AND BROCCOLI STIR FRY - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
See details »
HAM STIR FRY RECIPE - TFRECIPES.COM
See details »