GIANT CREAMSICLE CAKE
There's nothing quite like an old-school Creamsicle from the ice cream truck - except maybe this jumbo version! To make the giant pop, we sandwiched orange sherbet between two layers of vanilla cake and covered it in a homemade marshmallow fondant. The oversize stick is just a wooden spatula!
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 10 to 12 slices of cake
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Preheat the oven to 350˚ F. Prepare the cake mix as directed for a 9-by-13-inch cake; bake as directed. Let cool slightly in the pan, then remove to a rack to cool completely.
- Transfer the cake to a baking sheet lined with parchment and carefully cut into 2 layers. Keeping the cakes stacked, trim a 3/4-inch strip from each long side. Reserve the trimmings (you'll have 4 strips).
- Cut off the carton from the sherbet and slice the block of sherbet lengthwise into thirds. Arrange on the bottom layer of the cake. Let soften slightly, then smooth with an offset spatula.
- Use the 4 trimmed strips of cake to create a border all the way around the sherbet, breaking the pieces as needed. Cover with the top cake layer and freeze 1 hour.
- Cut a large chunk out of one of the top corners of the cake to look like a bite. Trim the other top corner to make it rounded. Press a few of the cake trimmings against the exposed sherbet in the bite.
- Using a paring knife, carve out 2 shallow channels in the cake as shown. Cover the top and sides of the cake with the frosting, making sure to cover the bite. Return the cake to the freezer.
- Make the fondant: Put the marshmallows and water in a microwave-safe bowl; microwave, stirring occasionally, until melted and smooth. Tint orange with red and yellow food coloring. Transfer the mixture to a stand mixer.
- Slowly beat all but 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar into the melted marshmallows (it will be stiff). Beat in the butter. Knead in some of the remaining sugar until rollable. Roll out on a confectioners' sugar-dusted surface until large enough to cover the entire cake.
- Carefully drape the fondant over the cake and smooth with your hands. Trim the excess, cutting around the bite. Press a thin strip of fondant along the bottom of the bite. Insert a wooden spatula for the stick.
CREAMSICLE® ICE CREAM CAKE
Two layers of orange-flavored cake sandwich a layer of vanilla ice cream in this simple recipe, then it's finished off with some whipped topping for a bit of extra flair. And it tastes like the real deal.
Provided by Mackenzie Schieck
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- Blend cake mix, water, eggs, and oil in a large bowl at low speed until moistened, about 30 seconds. Beat at medium speed for 2 minutes. Pour batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 24 to 27 minutes. Cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes before removing from the pan. Let cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- Use a serrated knife to slice off the top to create a flat surface. Slice the cake in half so you have two 9x6 1/2-inch cakes.
- Line a jelly roll pan with plastic wrap. Place one half of the cake in the pan. Cover with scoops of ice cream, pressing down gently as you go to create an even layer. It's okay if the edges aren't smooth or even.
- Place the second layer of cake on top, pressing down gently with the palm of your hand. Spread whipped topping on top of the cake. Freeze until completely frozen through, 4 to 6 hours.
- Remove the cake from the freezer and trim on all 4 sides so that you have smooth edges. Return to the freezer until ready to serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 455.2 calories, Carbohydrate 52.8 g, Cholesterol 71.6 mg, Fat 25.4 g, Fiber 0.9 g, Protein 5.7 g, SaturatedFat 11.9 g, Sodium 348.9 mg, Sugar 36.7 g
HEALTHIER CREAMSICLE CAKE
Greek yogurt cuts out a LOT of calories in this recipe. You can substitute pretty much any other liquid for the orange juice - I also like this with grapefruit juice. Shared by one of the ladies I work with.
Provided by Pinay0618
Yield 9 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 5
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cake mix, yogurt, orange juice and orange zest. Pour batter into a greased 8 x 8 inch square pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes. Dust with powdered sugar, if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 255.8, Fat 6.3, SaturatedFat 0.9, Sodium 379.7, Carbohydrate 47.4, Fiber 0.6, Sugar 33.5, Protein 2.8
More about "healthier creamsicle cake recipes"
LOW CARB ORANGE CREAMSICLE CAKE - BUTTER TOGETHER KITCHEN
4.6/5 (45)Total Time 30 minsCategory DessertCalories 285 per serving
CREAMSICLE CAKE | RICARDO
4/5 (6)Total Time 40 minsCategory DessertsCalories 182 per serving
- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 180 °C (350 °F). Line the bottom of a 20-cm (8-inch) springform pan with parchment paper.
25+ HEALTHY CAKE RECIPES - THIS HEALTHY TABLE
5/5 (1)Calories 291 per servingCategory Roundup
ORANGE CREAMSICLE CAKE — HEALTHY TREATS MARKET
CHRISTINA TOSI'S CREAMSICLE CAKE RECIPE - TODAY
MARTHA STEWART'S POUND CAKE TASTES LIKE A CREAMSICLE, BUT HAS A …
SKINNY ORANGE CREAMSICLE CUPCAKES | AMY'S HEALTHY BAKING
HOMEMADE CREAMSICLE LAYER CAKE - COOKING HAWAIIAN STYLE
ORANGE CREAMSICLE POKE CAKE - NOBLE PIG
HEALTHY CREAMSICLE POPSICLES - THERESCIPES.INFO
14 HEALTHY, GUILT-FREE CAKE RECIPES THAT ARE PERFECT FOR WEIGHT LOSS
55 HEALTHY-ISH CAKE RECIPES | TASTE OF HOME
HEALTHY CAKE RECIPES | EATINGWELL
ORANGE CREAMSICLE LAYER CAKE RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
ORANGE CREAMSICLE CAKE | THE MERRY GOURMET
20 WHOLESOME & HEALTHY CAKE RECIPES - THE CLEVER MEAL
THE BEST ORANGE CREAMSICLE CAKE RECIPE
39 DELICIOUS AND HEALTHY CAKE RECIPES FOR A MORE WELL …
HEALTHIER CREAMSICLE CAKE RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
ORANGE CREAMSICLE CAKE | THEBESTDESSERTRECIPES.COM
HEALTHY RECIPES HEART: CAKE RECIPE - CREAMSICLE CAKE - LOW-SODIUM
10 BEST ORANGE CREAMSICLE CAKE RECIPES | YUMMLY
KETO ORANGE CREAMSICLE CAKE (NUT-FREE, DAIRY-FREE OPTION)
ORANGE CREAMSICLE CAKE - LIGHTENED UP VERSION! | HIGH HEELS AND …
HEALTHY CREAMSICLES - MY KITCHEN LOVE
YOU ONLY NEED 3 INGREDIENTS TO MAKE THIS DREAMY CREAMSICLE ICE …
ORANGE CREAMSICLE CAKE - HEALTHY DINNER RECIPES EASY
59 CREAMSICLE CAKE IDEAS | DELICIOUS DESSERTS, DESSERTS ... - PINTEREST
12 BEST HEALTHY CAKE RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
BEST ORANGE CREAMSICLE CAKE | ORANGE CREAMSICLE CAKE RECIPE
10 BEST SUPER HEALTHY CAKE RECIPES | YUMMLY
HEALTHY ORANGE CREAMSICLE SMOOTHIE - PEACE OF GLUTEN FREE CAKE
ORANGE CREAMSICLE SHEET CAKE - THE CREATIVE BITE
ORANGE DREAMSICLE CAKE- DELICIOUS HOMEMADE RECIPE - MY ROI LIST
ORANGE CREAMSICLE CAKE! - MY INCREDIBLE RECIPES
TALES FROM TANGERINE: ORANGE CREAMSICLE CAKE | ORANGE …
HOW TO MAKE A GIANT CREAMSICLE CAKE THIS SUMMER - FOOD NETWORK
ORANGE CREAMSICLE CAKE WITH ORANGE CREAMSICLE FROSTING RECIPE
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #preparation #5-ingredients-or-less #desserts #easy #cakes #3-steps-or-less
You'll also love