HERBED PORK ROAST WITH GRAVY
The classic mix of herbs topping this roast add a flavor to the pork that my husband just loves. It's his favorite dish! -Jean Harris, Central Point, Oregon
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Combine brown sugar and seasonings; rub over roast. Place roast, fat side up, on a rack in a roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 2 hours or until a thermometer reads 160°. , Remove roast from pan. Pour pan drippings into a large measuring cup; add water to measure 2 cups. Place flour in a small saucepan; stir in pan drippings until blended. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve gravy with roast. Freeze option: Place sliced roast in freezer containers; top with gravy. Cool and freeze. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Microwave, covered, on high in a microwave-safe dish until heated through, gently stirring and adding a little water if necessary.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 254 calories, Fat 8g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 85mg cholesterol, Sodium 172mg sodium, Carbohydrate 10g carbohydrate (7g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 33g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
HERB ROASTED PORK
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- In a bowl, combine sage, salt, pepper, and garlic. Rub thoroughly all over pork. Place pork in an uncovered roasting pan on the middle oven rack.
- Bake in the preheated oven approximately 3 hours, or until the internal temperature reaches at least 145 degrees F (63 degrees C), depending upon your desired doneness.
- Meanwhile, place sugar, cornstarch, vinegar, water, and soy sauce in a small saucepan. Heat, stirring occasionally, until mixture begins to bubble and thicken slightly. Brush roast with glaze 3 or 4 times during the last 1/2 hour of cooking. Pour remaining glaze over roast, and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 472.1 calories, Carbohydrate 13.9 g, Cholesterol 137.8 mg, Fat 24.6 g, Fiber 0.1 g, Protein 45.8 g, SaturatedFat 9 g, Sodium 470.4 mg, Sugar 12.6 g
HERBED PORK ROAST
- Combine all ingredients and rub over entire roast.
- Place roast in a shallow roasting pan and place in a preheated 500° oven.
- Immediately reduce heat to 350° and bake uncovered until meat thermometer reaches 160°.
- Remove to a warm serving platter, cover with foil and let rest for 15 minutes before slicing.
- Make gravy from pan drippings.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 27.7, Fat 0.1, Sodium 293.6, Carbohydrate 7.1, Fiber 0.2, Sugar 6.6, Protein 0.1
HERBED PORK ROAST AND CREAMY MUSHROOM GRAVY
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Mix together rosemary, parsley, thyme and garlic. Cut small slits over surface of roast and insert herb mixture into slits. Place in a roasting pan. Roast until the internal temperature is 165 degrees F. Remove roast from pan and let stand 10 minutes. Stir soup into pan drippings in roasting pan and heat over a medium flame. Gradually stir in skim milk. Continue to stir until mixture boils. Slice pork and serve with gravy.
SAVORY HERB PORK ROAST WITH GRAVY
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Mix sage, garlic salt, ginger and pepper in small bowl. Place roast on rack in foil-lined roasting pan. Brush pork with oil. Sprinkle seasoning mixture evenly over entire roast.
- 2. Roast pork 1 1/2 hours or until desired doneness. Transfer pork to cutting board or serving platter. Cover loosely with foil.
- 3. Pour any pan drippings from roasting pan and water into medium saucepan. Stir in Gravy Mixes. Stirring frequently, cook on medium heat until gravy comes to boil. Reduce heat to low; simmer 1 minute or until slightly thickened. (Gravy will thicken upon standing.) Serve with sliced pork.
HERBED PORK FILLET WITH ROAST VEGETABLES
- Preheat the oven to 200C/ gas 6/fan 180C. Put all the vegetables into a roasting tin. Drizzle with the olive oil, season with salt and pepper, then toss everything together.
- On a plate, mix together the lemon zest and pork seasoning or herbs. Roll the pork tenderloin in the mixture, then put it on top of the vegetables. Roast for 40 minutes.
- Peel and core the apple and cut it into chunks. Scatter the pieces into the roasting tin, then pour in the hot stock and cook for a further 15-20 minutes. Slice the pork, arrange on a platter with the veg, then spoon the pan juices on top.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 397 calories, Fat 10 grams fat, SaturatedFat 2 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 45 grams carbohydrates, Fiber 12 grams fiber, Protein 34 grams protein
HERB-BRINED PORK PRIME RIB ROAST
- For brine:
- Combine 1 quart water and all remaining ingredients in medium saucepan. Bring to boil, stirring until sugar and salt dissolve. Pour brine into wide pot or container large enough to hold pork (3- to 4-gallon capacity). Add remaining 5 quarts cold water; stir to blend. Let stand until brine is cool to touch, about 1 hour.
- For pork:
- Place pork on work surface. Trim off all but 1/4-inch layer of fat from roast. Turn roast over so that rib bones point up. Using boning knife and starting where meat meets rib bones, gradually cut loin away from rack of bones, leaving 2 inches of meat attached to bones (do not cut meat off bones completely). Tie meat back onto bones with kitchen string at 2-inch intervals. Place roast in brine, submerging pork completely and weighing down with heavy pot if necessary. Cover and refrigerate 5 days.
- Remove pork from brine; discard brine. Rinse pork under cold running water for 5 minutes to reduce saltiness; pat dry with paper towels. Place pork on rack set over sheet of foil; let stand at room temperature 2 hours.
- Position rack in center of oven and preheat to 400°F. Place pork on rack in large roasting pan. Mix thyme and crushed peppercorns in small bowl; sprinkle mixture over pork. Roast until instant-read thermometer inserted into center of pork registers 140°F, about 1 hour. Remove from oven. Let roast rest 30 minutes (internal temperature of roast will increase 5 to 10 degrees).
- Remove kitchen string from roast. Cut meat into slices and serve.
- *Available in the spice section of most supermarkets.
ROASTED GARLIC AND HERB PORK ROAST RECIPE BY TASTY
Here's what you need: garlic, olive oil, Kroger® Boneless Whole Pork Tenderloin, kosher salt, freshly ground black pepper, dried thyme, dried rosemary, rubbed sage, garlic powder, dijon mustard, unsalted butter, fresh rosemary, fresh thyme, garlic, all purpose flour, white wine, chicken stock, kosher salt
Provided by Kroger
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 18
- Preheat the oven 350°F (180°C). Line a small baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add the garlic to the baking sheet and coat with ½ teaspoon of olive oil. Roast for 10 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from the oven and let cool. Once cool enough to handle, mince the garlic.
- Place the Kroger® Boneless Whole Pork Tenderloin in a gallon-size resealable bag. Add the salt, black pepper, thyme, rosemary, sage, garlic powder, minced roasted garlic, Dijon mustard, and ¾ cup olive oil. Shake the bag until pork loin is well coated. Seal the bag and transfer to the refrigerator to marinate for 2 hours, or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Remove the pork loin from the marinade.
- Heat the remaining 1 teaspoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Starting with the fattiest side, sear the pork loin on all sides until light golden brown, 2-3 minutes per side.
- Transfer the seared pork loin to a 9x13" baking dish and cover with aluminum foil. Bake for 40 minutes, then remove the foil and bake for 5 minutes more, until the internal temperature reaches 145°F (63°C).
- Meanwhile, make the gravy: Place the skillet used to sear the pork roast over medium heat. Melt the butter and add the rosemary, thyme, and garlic. Cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Whisk in the flour and cook until the flour turns golden brown in color, about 2 minutes. Deglaze the pan with the white wine, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom. Cook until reduced by half, about 45 seconds. Add the chicken stock and stir to combine, breaking up any clumps from the flour. Simmer for 3 minutes, or until the gravy thickens. Stir in the salt. Remove the thyme and rosemary sprigs, then strain the gravy through a fine-mesh sieve into a gravy boat or medium bowl. Keep warm until ready to serve.
- Serve the pork roast warm with the garlic, herb gravy, and holiday vegetables of choice alongside.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1032 calories, Carbohydrate 40 grams, Fat 82 grams, Fiber 2 grams, Protein 30 grams, Sugar 5 grams
HERB-CRUSTED PORK SIRLOIN ROAST
No store-bought spice rub here. An easy-to-make, homemade rub adds great flavor to the pork!
Provided by VMB
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Bring roast to room temperature by removing from the refrigerator 30 minutes before cooking.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Combine olive oil, garlic, thyme, sage, lemon zest, rosemary, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Spread rub over roast until completely coated. Place on a rack in a roasting pan.
- Roast in the preheated oven until slightly pink in the center, 45 to 60 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 150 degrees F (66 degrees C).
- Remove from the oven and tent loosely with foil. Allow to rest for 10 to 15 minutes before carving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 199.1 calories, Carbohydrate 0.6 g, Cholesterol 50.8 mg, Fat 14.5 g, Fiber 0.2 g, Protein 15.8 g, SaturatedFat 4.2 g, Sodium 252 mg
HERB-STUFFED PORK ROAST WITH MUSTARD GRAVY
Looking for a special main for a holiday meal? You found it. This herb-stuffed pork roast will impress everyone at the table (and you'll be impressed with how easy it is to pull off).
Provided by Martha Stewart
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Let pork sit at room temperature 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a food processor, puree parsley, oil, fennel seed, and garlic until smooth. Add raisins; pulse until finely chopped. Season with salt and pepper.
- On a cutting board, hold a knife parallel to bones of pork and cut down about 2 inches, being careful not to remove ribs.
- Turn pork so bones lie flat against board. Steadying pork and holding knife horizontally, continue to cut, unrolling pork, until you have a flat 1 1/2-inch-thick piece. Season with salt and pepper.
- Evenly spread herb mixture on top, leaving a 1/2-inch border. Tightly roll pork toward bones and secure with kitchen twine between bones. Season generously with salt and pepper. Place pork in a heavy-bottomed metal roasting pan.
- Roast until an instant-read thermometer inserted in center reads 145 degrees, about 1 hour. Transfer pork to a cutting board, tent with foil, and let rest 30 minutes. Pour pan drippings into a measuring cup and skim fat. Set pan across 2 burners.
- Add wine to pan and cook over medium, scraping up browned bits with a wooden spoon, until wine is reduced by half. Whisk in flour, then slowly whisk in broth and pan drippings. Cook, whisking, until gravy is thickened, 4 minutes. Stir in mustard and season with salt and pepper. Cut pork into chops and serve with gravy.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 387 g, Fat 18 g, Fiber 2 g, Protein 40 g, SaturatedFat 5 g
BAKED HERB PORK ROAST
I received this recipe when we moved to Oklahoma. A going-away party was held for us, and the guests were asked to bring their favorite recipe as a remembrance. The special friend who brought this one has since died, and every time I make it, a flood of wonderful memories fills my heart.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first eight ingredients. Add roast; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate overnight, turning occasionally., Place flour in oven bag; shake to coat. Place oven bag in a 13x9-in. baking pan. Drain pork, discarding marinade; add pork to oven bag. Cut six 1/2-in. slits in top of bag; close bag with tie provided., Bake at 350° for 1-1/2 to 1-3/4 hours or until a thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 15 minutes before slicing.
Nutrition Facts :
HERBED PORK LOIN ROAST
Delicious pork loin roast is coated with a medley of fresh herbs and roasted to perfection - an elegant Thanksgiving dinner recipe.
Provided by By Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Heat oven to 375°F. Spray broiler pan with cooking spray.
- Rub pork with oil. In small bowl, mix remaining ingredients. Rub mixture over pork. Place pork on rack in pan. Insert ovenproof meat thermometer so tip is in thickest part of pork and does not rest in fat.
- Roast uncovered 1 hour or until thermometer reads 145°F. Cover loosely with foil; let stand at least 3 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 130, Carbohydrate 0 g, Fiber 0 g, Protein 18 g, SaturatedFat 2 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 250 mg
GARLIC HERB ROASTED PORK
I found this in a Quick and Simple magazine last week.This looked so good that I made it the same night. I added partially cooked potatoes to the pan after the first 15 minutes.
Provided by bigbadbrenda
Yield 5 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat oven to 450°F
- Pat pork dry with paper towel and place in shallow roasting pan.
- In a small bowl mix all the ingredients together and rub all over the pork.
- Place pork in oven and roast for 15 minutes.
- Lower temperature to 300°F and roast another 20 minutes or until pork reaches 150°F on thermometer.
- Remove pork and let rest for to minutes covered loosely with a tent of tin foil.
More about "herbed pork roast recipes"
HERBED PORK RIB ROAST RECIPE - FRANK STITT | FOOD & WINE
5/5 Total Time 3 hrs 15 minsServings 6
- In a small bowl, blend the garlic with the olive oil, thyme and rosemary. Rub the herb paste all over the pork roast and let stand at room temperature for 2 hours or refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 500°. Set the pork in a small roasting pan and season with salt and pepper. Roast the pork for 15 minutes, then reduce the oven temperature to 325°. Continue roasting the pork for 40 minutes longer, or until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the thickest part of the meat registers 155°. Transfer the pork to a carving board and let stand for about 10 minutes. Cut between the ribs, transfer the chops to plates and serve.
HERBED PORK ROAST RECIPE | MYRECIPES
Servings 8Total Time 1 hr 6 mins
- Preheat oven to 425°. Sprinkle pork with salt and pepper. Tie pork with kitchen string, securing at 2-inch intervals.
- Cook pork, fat side down, in 3 Tbsp. hot oil in a stainless-steel skillet over medium-high heat 3 to 5 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Place, fat side up, on a wire rack in an aluminum foil-lined roasting pan. Remove kitchen string; make 5 (1/2-inch-deep) cuts in pork.
- Stir together sage, next 3 ingredients, and remaining 2 Tbsp. oil. Stuff herb mixture into slits in pork.
- Bake at 425° for 30 to 40 minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted into thickest portion registers 150°. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
ROAST PORK SHOULDER WITH GARLIC AND HERB CRUST
RASPBERRY HERB PORK ROAST RECIPE - PEG'S HOME COOKING
HERB CRUSTED ROASTED PORK ROAST - PRAIRIE FRESH
HERB CRUSTED PORK LOIN RECIPE - DINNER, THEN DESSERT
GARLIC AND HERB CRUSTED PORK LOIN ROAST RECIPE
HERB STUFFED BRAISED PORK ROAST RECIPE | ONTARIO PORK
10 BEST OVEN ROASTED PORK ROAST RECIPES | YUMMLY
GARLIC HERB CRUSTED BONELESS PORK ROAST RECIPE
GARLIC HERB OVEN ROASTED PORK LOIN
GARLIC & HERB SLOW COOKER PORK ROAST - THE TOASTY KITCHEN
HERBED ROAST PORK RECIPE | REAL SIMPLE
HERB & ONION PORK ROAST - RECIPES | PAMPERED CHEF US SITE
HERB-AND-GARLIC-CRUSTED PORK ROAST | BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
HERBED MAYONNAISE ROASTED PORK LOIN • A SIMPLE PANTRY
GARLIC AND HERB PORK ROAST…A ONE POT RECIPE
BEST HERB ROASTED PORK TENDERLOIN RECIPE - THE PIONEER WOMAN
HERB CRUSTED PORK RIB ROAST - RECIPES | BLUE JEAN CHEF
HERB-ROASTED PORK LOIN RECIPE | SOUTHERN LIVING
HERB CRUSTED PORK TENDERLOIN - SPEND WITH PENNIES
LEMON HERB ROASTED PORK - KEVIN IS COOKING
APPLE AND HERB ROAST OF PORK RECIPE - COOK WITH CAMPBELLS CANADA
HERBED ROAST PORK RECIPE | MYRECIPES
10 GREAT PORK RECIPES | COLES
HERB CRUSTED PORK RIB ROAST RECIPE - DINNER, THEN DESSERT
HERBED PORK ROAST RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT - FOOD NEWS
CROCK POT PORK ROAST RECIPE WITH HERBS - THE SPRUCE EATS
GARLIC AND HERB PORK LOIN - THERESCIPES.INFO
HERB-ROASTED PORK SHOULDER RECIPE | REAL SIMPLE
HERB CRUSTED PORK RIB ROAST - ART AND THE KITCHEN
HERBED PORK LOIN ROAST RECIPES - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
HERB AND GARLIC BONELESS PORK ROAST - JULIAS SIMPLY SOUTHERN
#time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #main-dish #pork #oven #meat #pork-loins #equipment #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love