You can buy grenadine, but after you make your own, you'll never go back to the store-bought version. Kids love it, especially when it's turned into a Shirley Temple by adding it to a lemon-lime soda. -Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 2 cups.
Number Of Ingredients 3
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar and pomegranate juice. Cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved; remove from heat. If desired, stir in lemon juice; cool. Cover and store in the refrigerator up to 4 weeks.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 26 calories, Fat 0 fat (0 saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 1mg sodium, Carbohydrate 7g carbohydrate (7g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 0 protein.
- Pour sugar and pomegranate juice into a sauce pan and warm over low heat, whisking continuously until the sugar dissolves. Cool, pour into a bottle or jar, and store sealed in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 71.1 calories, Carbohydrate 18.3 g, Sodium 0.4 mg, Sugar 18.1 g
More about "homemade grenadine recipes"
10 GRENADINE COCKTAILS WORTH TRYING – A COUPLE COOKS
Cuisine CocktailsEstimated Reading Time 7 minsCategory DrinkTotal Time 5 mins
- Pour the grenadine into center of the drink and it will sink to the bottom. Stir gently for sunrise gradient effect.
HOMEMADE GRENADINE SYRUP RECIPE - RAMSHACKLE PANTRY
5/5 (1)Total Time 7 minsCategory CocktailsCalories 76 per serving
BEST GRENADINE SYRUP – A COUPLE COOKS
5/5 (1)Total Time 15 minsCategory EssentialsCalories 27 per serving
- If using whole pomegranates, remove the seeds (see instructions above). Place the pomegranate seeds in a cocktail shaker (or tall glass) and mash with a muddler or wooden spoon until all the juices have been released. Then pour it through a fine mesh strainer into a measuring cup.
- Add the pomegranate juice and sugar to a small saucepan heat over medium heat, stirring until the sugar is dissolved, about 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Cool and stir in the lemon juice. Pour into a sealed container and refrigerate up to three weeks. For a longer storage time, add 1 tablespoon vodka or brandy to fortify the syrup.
HOW TO MAKE GRENADINE SYRUP FROM SCRATCH - OH, THE THINGS ...
Ratings 3Calories 33 per servingCategory Beverages, Condiments
- Mix together the pomegranate juice and sugar in a small pot over the stove, and stir over low to medium heat until the sugar has completely dissolved.
- Optionally thicken the mixture more by bringing the heat down to low and simmering the mixture until it has thickened to your liking. Keep in mind that the mixture will thicken further when cooled.
HOMEMADE GRENADINE SYRUP RECIPE - CHOWHOUND
5/5 (12)Total Time 1 hrServings 1.5Calories 258 per serving
- Heat pomegranate juice in a small saucepan over medium heat until steam rises from the surface and a few bubbles have formed around the perimeter of the pan, about 5 minutes. (Do not boil.) Remove from heat.
- Stir in lemon juice and orange-flower water and let the syrup cool to room temperature, about 40 minutes.
RECIPE TO MAKE HOMEMADE GRENADINE - CALIFORNIA GROWN
Cuisine AmericanCategory DrinksServings 16Total Time 1 hr 45 mins
- Add the pomegranate juice and sugar to a heavy saucepan and heat over medium heat until sugar dissolves. Bring to a simmer and simmer for about 30 minutes or until reduced by about half. Sauce should be thickened a bit.
- Allow to cool for at least an hour. Once cooled, add the lime juice and pour the sauce into a storage container that is easy to pour from.
EASY HOMEMADE GRENADINE RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
Ratings 62Calories 6 per servingCategory Beverage, Ingredient
HOW TO MAKE GRENADINE SYRUP FROM SCRATCH | KITCHN
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
EASY, FRESH HOMEMADE GRENADINE | THE INSPIRED HOME
Cuisine AmericanTotal Time 5 minsCategory DrinksCalories 226 per serving
HOMEMADE GRENADINE SYRUP RECIPE - FOOD FANATIC
5/5 (1)Total Time 20 minsCategory HomemadeCalories 52 per serving
HOMEMADE GRENADINE RECIPE - TIPSY CHICKENS
4.8/5 (5)Calories 28 per servingServings 1
HOW TO MAKE HOMEMADE GRENADINE SYRUP | EPICURIOUS
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
HOW TO MAKE YOUR OWN GRENADINE - JEFFREY MORGENTHALER
Reviews 66Estimated Reading Time 4 mins
EASY HOMEMADE GRENADINE RECIPE - SIMPLY RECIPES
5/5 (2)Category BeverageCuisine AmericanTotal Time 1 hr 35 mins
HOW TO MAKE GRENADINE: HOMEMADE GRENADINE RECIPE - …
2.2/5 (35)Category SideCuisine FrenchTotal Time 10 mins
THE NEW DIY GRENADINE - PUNCH
Author Carey JonesEstimated Reading Time 4 mins
EASY HOMEMADE GRENADINE RECIPE (POMEGRANATE SYRUP ...
5/5 (1)Total Time 35 minsEstimated Reading Time 6 mins
HOMEMADE GRENADINE - SIDEWALK SHOES
5/5 (10)Total Time 20 minsCategory DrinksCalories 71 per serving
HOW TO MAKE HOMEMADE GRENADINE SYRUP | SUGAR & SOUL
5/5 (6)Total Time 38 minsCategory BasicCalories 599 per serving
GRENADINE RECIPE - LIQUOR.COM
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
HOMEMADE GRENADINE - BLOSSOM TO STEM
4.4/5 (10)Total Time 7 minsCategory SyrupsCalories 82 per serving
EASY HOMEMADE GRENADINE SYRUP - MASALA AND CHAI
5/5 (2)Total Time 10 minsCategory DrinksCalories 25 per serving
GRENADINE COCKTAIL RECIPES
HURRICANE COCKTAIL RECIPE PAT O'BRIENS - VINTAGE LARGE PAT ...
THE PERFECT HOMEMADE GRENADINE RECIPE - WINE DHARMA
SLOE GIN FIZZ RECIPE GRENADINE - MONKEY 47 SLOE GIN FIZZ ...
#15-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #preparation #5-ingredients-or-less #beverages #easy
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is grenadine and how do you make it?And it only takes a few minutes to make, especially if you buy the pomegranate juice — an ingredient that’s pretty easy to find these days. Classically, grenadine is simply pomegranate juice mixed with sugar and boiled until it becomes a syrup. My recipe pretty much follows that formula.
How do you make homemade grenadine sauce?Homemade Grenadine My grenadine recipe – like the original one – has only two ingredients, pomegranate juice and sugar. That’s it! Start by pouring 4 cups (32 fluid ounces) of pomegranate juice into a medium saucepan. I use pure juice rather than juice from concentrate. Bring the juice to a rapid boil.
How do you make homemade grenadine syrup?Here's how to do it: Take equal parts sugar and pure (i.e. unsweetened) pomegranate juice and bring it to a boil. Cook just until the sugar dissolves, about one minute. And that's it. Bartenders often add lime juice or rose water to their mixes, but you don't need to. The homemade grenadine syrup will last for a month in the fridge.
How much pomegranate juice do I use to make grenadine?While you can use less sugar in making the grenadine, I usually use a 1:1 ratio of pomegranate juice to water. Grenadine is really more of a syrup, and if you are looking to make a similar syrup, you will need to dissolve enough sugar, and evaporate some of it out, to get the mixture to thicken.