3-INGREDIENT PEANUT BUTTER CUPS RECIPE BY TASTY
We've all had our cravings: sometimes sweet, sometimes salty. But have you ever craved both at once? Sometimes you just need your sweet-salty fix and, well, you can count on a Reese's cup to deliver. Or, you can just make your own! With only three ingredients and the simplest of directions, these are way easier to throw together than you might think. Get ready for your very own candy factory extravaganza to begin!
Provided by Camille Bergerson
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 3
- Prepare a cupcake tin with 6 liners.
- Stir peanut butter and powdered sugar together until smooth.
- Spread 1 to 2 tablespoons of chocolate in the bottom of each cupcake liner.
- Dollop 1 to 2 teaspoons of the peanut butter mixture on top of the chocolate.
- Cover each dollop of peanut butter with more chocolate and smooth out the top.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour or until chocolate has hardened.
- Remove peanut butter cups from the liners.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 303 calories, Carbohydrate 26 grams, Fat 20 grams, Fiber 2 grams, Protein 7 grams, Sugar 20 grams
HOMEMADE PEANUT BUTTER CUPS
- Cut 12 regular-sized muffin liners, lengthwise, in half. If you have miniature muffin liners, skip this step.
- Place half of the chocolate chips in a microwave-safe container. Melt in the microwave for 2 minutes, stirring after every minute.
- Fill the muffin cups half-way with melted chocolate. Using a spoon, coat the sides of the cups with chocolate. Refrigerate for 10-20 minutes, or until firm.
- In a small bowl, stir together peanut butter, powdered sugar, and salt. Spoon over into the chocolate cups, filling it 3/4 of the way.
- Melt the remaining chocolate as previously instructed. Spoon over the cups until full. Use a flat spatula to even out the edges. Refrigerate for 10-20 minutes and enjoy.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 290 cal
HOMEMADE PEANUT BUTTER CUPS
I like using pretty mini muffin liners and topping these homemade peanut butter cups with colored sprinkles to coordinate with the holiday we're celebrating. People can't believe how simple it is to make this irresistible candy with gooey peanut butter centers. This is how to make homemade peanut butter cups. -LaVonne Hegland, St. Michael, Minnesota
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 3 dozen.
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Combine 1/2 cup peanut butter, confectioners' sugar, butter and salt until smooth. , In a microwave, melt chocolate chips, candy bars and remaining peanut butter; stir until smooth., Drop teaspoons of chocolate mixture into paper-lined mini muffin cups. Drop a scant teaspoon of peanut butter mixture into each cup; top with another teaspoon of chocolate mixture. If desired, decorate with sprinkles. Refrigerate until set. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 123 calories, Fat 8g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 2mg cholesterol, Sodium 76mg sodium, Carbohydrate 12g carbohydrate (10g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 3g protein.
HOMEMADE PEANUT BUTTER CUPS
A secret ingredient (saltines!) helps mimic the texture of the peanut butter filling in the store-bought version of this candy favorite.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 18 servings
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Melt the chocolate in the top of a double boiler. Keep the chocolate warm over low heat until you are ready to start assembling the peanut butter cups.
- Combine the peanut butter, confectioners' sugar, saltines, butter and salt in a bowl and blend with an electric mixer until well combined
- Prepare a muffin pan with 18 paper muffin liners. Add 1 teaspoon melted chocolate to the bottom of a muffin liner. Using the teaspoon, spread the chocolate in a thin, even layer on the bottom and a third of the way up the side. Repeat with the remaining liners. Place the muffin pan in the freezer until the chocolate is set and hardened, about 5 minutes.
- Spread 2 heaping teaspoons of the peanut butter filling in the bottom of a chocolate-coated muffin liner (it should come to below the chocolate line). Top the peanut butter filling with 2 more teaspoons of melted chocolate, spreading it over the top so no filling is visible. Repeat with the remaining liners. Freeze for 10 minutes.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature.
PEANUT BUTTER CUPS
- Combine sugar, peanut butter, and butter in an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Beat on medium-low speed until combined. Transfer mixture to a pastry bag fitted with a 1/2-inch plain tip, and set aside.
- Melt chocolate in a double boiler over simmering water. Keep melted chocolate over hot water near work area. Use a small spoon or small paintbrush to coat insides of the paper candy cups with the melted chocolate, making sure to cover the bottom and sides well. Transfer cups to a rimmed baking sheet or muffin tins (which will keep the cups from sliding around). Transfer to freezer until set, about 10 minutes.
- Remove cold chocolate cups from the freezer. Pipe peanut-butter filling into each cup until three-quarters full. Spoon melted chocolate into each cup to cover. Return to the freezer until set, 15 to 25 minutes.
GIANT PEANUT BUTTER CUP RECIPE BY TASTY
- In a small bowl, place half of the chocolate chips.
- Melt in the microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring in between, until fully melted.
- Pour melted chocolate into a 10-inch (25 cm) tart pan making sure to coat the entire pan, including all sides.
- Refrigerate until set.
- In a large bowl, place the peanut butter, powdered sugar, and softened butter and mix until smooth.
- Pour the peanut butter into the tart pan and smooth the surface.
- Melt remaining chocolate and pour over the peanut butter.
- Smooth out the chocolate making sure it covers the entire surface.
- Refrigerate until set, about 1 hour.
- Slice and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 878 calories, Carbohydrate 80 grams, Fat 57 grams, Fiber 5 grams, Protein 17 grams, Sugar 65 grams
CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER CUPS
- Trim 12 paper muffin cup liners to half of their height.
- Place 1/2 chocolate chips in a microwave safe container. Microwave for 2 minutes, stirring after each minute. Spoon melted chocolate into muffin cups, filling halfway. With a spoon, draw the chocolate up the sides of the cups until evenly coated. Cool in the refrigerator until firm.
- In a small bowl, mix together peanut butter, confectioners' sugar and salt. divide into the chocolate cups. Melt the remaining chocolate, and spoon over peanut butter. Spread chocolate to edges of cups.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 289.9 calories, Carbohydrate 25.5 g, Cholesterol 8.9 mg, Fat 19.8 g, Fiber 1.3 g, Protein 7.2 g, SaturatedFat 7.6 g, Sodium 191.9 mg, Sugar 21.4 g
HOMEMADE PEANUT BUTTER CUPS
- In 1-quart saucepan combine chocolate chips and shortening. Cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, until melted and smooth (3 to 5 minutes).
- Loosen top paper cup from stack, but leave in stack for greater stability while being coated. With small paint brush, coat inside top cup evenly with about 1 teaspoon melted chocolate to about 1/8-inch thickness, bringing coating almost to top of cup, but not over edge. Repeat until 30 cups are coated; refrigerate cups.
- In 2-quart saucepan combine butter or margarine and peanut butter. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until melted (4 to 6 minutes). Stir in confectioners' sugar and graham cracker crumbs. Press about 1/2 tablespoon filling into each chocolate cup.
- Spoon about 1/2 teaspoon melted chocolate on top of filling; spread to cover. Freeze until firm (about 2 hours) carefully peel off paper cups. Store refrigerated.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 140.1 calories, Carbohydrate 13.6 g, Cholesterol 10.6 mg, Fat 9.5 g, Fiber 0.4 g, Protein 2 g, SaturatedFat 4.6 g, Sodium 54 mg, Sugar 11.3 g
PB & J CUPS
- Line 8 cups in a 12-cup muffin tin with cupcake liners.
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler (set a heatproof bowl over a saucepan filled with a few inches of simmering water) over medium heat. Stir the chocolate occasionally, until melted, about 5 minutes. Once the chocolate is melted, turn the heat off.
- Meanwhile, add the peanut butter and confectioners' sugar to a mixing bowl. Mix with a hand mixer until well combined. Set the peanut butter mixture aside.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon of melted chocolate into each cupcake liner. Use a 1-tablespoon size cookie scoop to portion the peanut butter mixture on to your hand. If the mixture is too sticky, lightly spray your hands with nonstick cooking spray. Slightly flatten the peanut butter, but make sure to keep it smaller than the base of the muffin cup so that the chocolate can encase it. Place the peanut butter on top of the chocolate, slightly pressing to let the chocolate come slightly up the sides of the peanut butter. Repeat the process to fill all 12 muffin cups.
- Next, use a 1/2-tablespoon size cookie scoop to scoop a portion of jelly on top of the peanut butter. To finish the cups, top the peanut butter and jelly with an additional tablespoon of melted chocolate. Use a spoon to spread the chocolate to completely cover the peanut butter and jelly. Sprinkle each cup with flake salt, if desired. Transfer the muffin tin to the fridge for 30 minutes, until completely set.
- The PB & J cups can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days or the freezer for up to 1 month.
More about "homemade peanut butter cups recipes"
HOMEMADE PEANUT BUTTER CUPS - SUGAR SPUN RUN
5/5 (4)Total Time 1 hr 30 minsCategory DessertCalories 259 per serving
- Combine peanut butter and butter in a medium-sized bowl and use an electric mixer to beat together until well-combined.
- Gradually add the powdered sugar, about ¼ cup at a time, stirring until completely combined. Set aside.
- Roll about 2-3 teaspoons of your peanut butter mixture into a ball, slightly flatten, and set aside on a wax paper lined cookie sheet (if the peanut butter mixture is too sticky to handle, add more powdered sugar, stirring in 1 Tablespoon at a time until it is manageable).
HOMEMADE REESE'S PEANUT BUTTER CUPS | FAVORITE FAMILY …
THE BEST HOMEMADE PEANUT BUTTER CUPS: A SWEET …
EASY HOMEMADE PEANUT BUTTER CUPS - OH MY! SUGAR …
RECIPES USING PEANUT BUTTER CUPS - LOVE FROM THE OVEN
HOMEMADE REESE'S PEANUT BUTTER CUPS - RECIPETIN EATS
HOMEMADE PEANUT BUTTER CUPS | THE EASY NO-BAKE …
HOMEMADE PEANUT BUTTER CUPS - BROOKLYN FARM GIRL
HOMEMADE PEANUT BUTTER CUPS - BLUE BOWL
HOMEMADE PEANUT BUTTER CUPS - A COUPLE COOKS
HOMEMADE REESE'S PEANUT BUTTER CUPS | THE RECIPE …
HOMEMADE PEANUT BUTTER CUPS - DETOXINISTA
PROTEIN PEANUT BUTTER CUPS RECIPE - BUILD YOUR BITE
HOMEMADE PEANUT BUTTER CUPS – YOU’LL NEVER BUY THEM AGAIN!
EASY HOMEMADE PEANUT BUTTER CUPS - GREATLY HEALTHY
HOMEMADE PEANUT BUTTER CUPS - MARSHA'S BAKING ADDICTION
HOMEMADE PEANUT BUTTER CUPS - I'D RATHER BE A CHEF
HOMEMADE PEANUT BUTTER CUPS (2 INGREDIENTS!) - FROM MY BOWL
BEST HOMEMADE PEANUT BUTTER CUPS - FIT FOODIE FINDS
HOMEMADE PEANUT BUTTER CUPS | FOODBYMARIA RECIPES
HOMEMADE PEANUT BUTTER CUPS • FIVEHEARTHOME
HOMEMADE PEANUT BUTTER CUPS - CLEVERLY SIMPLE
HOW TO MAKE HOMEMADE PEANUT BUTTER CUPS - FIFTEEN SPATULAS
EASY HOMEMADE PEANUT BUTTER CUPS - MINIMALIST BAKER RECIPES
PEANUT BUTTER CUP STEEL CUT OATMEAL (IN THE INSTANT POT)
HOMEMADE HEALTHY PEANUT BUTTER CUPS | AMBITIOUS KITCHEN
HOMEMADE PEANUT BUTTER CUPS - SPACESHIPS AND LASER BEAMS
HOMEMADE PEANUT BUTTER CUPS - 10 RECIPES! - CHOCOLATE COVERED …
HOMEMADE PEANUT BUTTER CUPS - THE BEST BLOG RECIPES
HOMEMADE PEANUT BUTTER CUPS - PAULA DEEN
HOW TO MAKE HOMEMADE PEANUT BUTTER CUPS - LET'S EAT CAKE
HOMEMADE PEANUT BUTTER CUPS | A MIND "FULL" MOM
HOMEMADE PEANUT BUTTER CUPS - BROWN EYED BAKER
HOMEMADE PEANUT BUTTER CUPS - JULIE'S EATS & TREATS
HOMEMADE PEANUT BUTTER CUPS | DESSERT | THE BEST BLOG RECIPES
LOADED PEANUT BUTTER CUP ICE CREAM RECIPE - SUNSET MAGAZINE
HOMEMADE PEANUT BUTTER CUPS RECIPE | TASTES OF LIZZY T
HOW TO MAKE INFUSED PEANUT BUTTER CUPS - STONERS COOKBOOK
MINI PEANUT BUTTER CUPS RECIPE - COOKIE AND KATE
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #north-american #5-ingredients-or-less #desserts #fruit #easy #holiday-event #kid-friendly #candy #easter #chocolate #dietary #gifts #christmas #3-steps-or-less
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
Can you make peanut butter cups with natural peanut butter?Unfortunately natural peanut butter will not harden enough to make these peanut butter cups. There are two parts to this recipe: the melted chocolate and the peanut butter filling. These two steps are easy, just make sure you melt the chocolate slowly. If the chocolate gets too hot it will seize up and get hard.
How do you make a peanut butter and chocolate cup cake?In a small bowl, mix together peanut butter, confectioners' sugar and salt. divide into the chocolate cups. Melt the remaining chocolate, and spoon over peanut butter. Spread chocolate to edges of cups.
How do you make homemade Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups?You are going to love these Homemade Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups! Line muffin tin with cupcake liners. In a medium sized mixing bowl mix together the crushed graham crackers, powdered sugar, and peanut butter. (I just softened mine for about 40 seconds in the microwave). Mix together until combined.
How to make a peanut butter and chocolate Muffin?Directions Combine 1/2 cup peanut butter, confectioners' sugar, butter and salt until smooth. In a microwave, melt chocolate chips, candy bars and remaining peanut butter; stir until smooth. Drop teaspoonfuls of chocolate mixture into paper-lined miniature muffin cups.