HOMEMADE PIZZA SAUCE (5-MINUTE RECIPE)
This is how the pros make pizza sauce. It's easy with no cooking required. This red sauce has rich tomato flavor. It's also perfect as a dip for breadsticks or pizza crust.
Provided by Natasha of NatashasKitchen.com
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Combine all of your ingredients in the bowl of a food processor or blender and pulse together until well combined and blended.
- Cover and refrigerate for the flavors to meld at least 3 hours or store in the refrigerator for 1 to 2 weeks.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 32 kcal, Carbohydrate 5 g, Protein 1 g, Fat 1 g, SaturatedFat 1 g, Sodium 378 mg, Fiber 1 g, Sugar 3 g, ServingSize 1 serving
HOMEMADE PIZZA SAUCE
For years, I had trouble finding a pizza sauce recipe my family liked, so I started making my own. The evening I served it to company and they asked for my recipe, I knew I'd finally got it right! When I prepare my sauce, I usually fix enough for three to four pizzas and freeze it. Feel free to spice up the sauce to suit your own family's tastes. -Cheryl Kravik, Spanaway, Washington
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield about 4 cups.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, combine tomato sauce and paste. Add remaining ingredients; mix well. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour, stirring occasionally. Cool. , Pour into jars or freezer containers, leaving 1/2-in. headspace. Freeze up to 12 months. Thaw frozen sauce in refrigerator before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 26 calories, Fat 0 fat (0 saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 189mg sodium, Carbohydrate 6g carbohydrate (3g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 1g protein.
EASY PIZZA SAUCE I
- Mix together the tomato paste, water, and olive oil. Mix well. Add garlic, salt and pepper to taste, oregano, basil, and rosemary. Mix well and let stand several hours to let flavors blend. No cooking necessary, just spread on dough.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 104.3 calories, Carbohydrate 4.7 g, Fat 9.5 g, Fiber 1.2 g, Protein 1 g, SaturatedFat 1.3 g, Sodium 169.5 mg, Sugar 2.6 g
HOMEMADE PIZZA SAUCE
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the oregano, garlic and red pepper flakes and cook, stirring, until the garlic is golden brown, 1 to 2 minutes. Add the tomatoes, basil and 1/2 teaspoon salt and bring to a simmer. Reduce the heat to medium and simmer, with the saucepan loosely covered in foil to avoid splattering and stirring occasionally, until fairly thick, 5 to 10 minutes, depending on your tomatoes. Remove the basil.
BASIC PIZZA SAUCE
- Empty the contents of the tomato can in a mixing bowl and coarsely crush the tomatoes with a fork or your hands, leaving them just a little chunky. In a heavy bottom 2-quart saucepot, add the olive oil, over a medium high flame and heat a little. Add the onions and saute until slightly translucent. Add the garlic and saute about a minute until golden. Quickly add the crushed tomatoes to the mix. Stir well and bring to a simmer. Season with salt and pepper, to taste, and add the fresh basil and oregano. You can add a touch of sugar if desired or if tomatoes are tart. Simmer on a low flame, stirring often for at least 15 minutes. If not using right away, cool down and store in airtight container in the refrigerator, up to 1 week.
- Pour olive oil into a large skillet, and place over medium heat. Using your hands, squeeze tomatoes to crush them. Add to the warm olive oil, along with the remaining ingredients. Cook over medium-low heat, breaking up tomatoes with a wooden spoon, until the sauce is thick, 40 to 50 minutes.
- Pass sauce through a food mill, discard the seeds, and let cool.
HOMEMADE PIZZA SAUCE
- In lg skillet, saute onion and garlic in oil until tender.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Stir occasionally.
ULTIMATE PIZZA SAUCE
This pizza sauce recipe was given to me as a wedding present, written on the inside cover of a pizza cookbook. It is thick, saucy, spicy and delicious. I'll never use anything else on my homemade pizzas. I like to double or triple it and put it in Ziploc bags in my freezer.
Provided by SAMS_Club
Yield 1-2 pizzas, 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 15
- In a large skillet, melt butter with the oil. Add the onion, celery and garlic and saute until soft and transparent.
- Add tomato sauce and tomato paste and stir until smooth.
- Add remaining ingredients and bring to slow simmer.
- Simmer for 30-60 minutes (or not at all depending on your taste and time frame).
- Remove the bay leaf and spread the sauce on your prepared pizza dough.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 160.1, Fat 10.8, SaturatedFat 3.3, Cholesterol 9.8, Sodium 999, Carbohydrate 14.7, Fiber 3.5, Sugar 9.2, Protein 4.1
Our rich tomato pizza sauce is achieved by cooking it over a low heat until thickened and glossy. It's easy to make and is perfect for pizza night.
Provided by Esther Clark
Yield makes 4-6 pizzas
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Heat the oil in a saucepan over a low heat, then add the onion along with a generous pinch of salt. Fry gently for 12-15 mins or until the onion has softened and is turning translucent. Add the garlic and fry for a further min. Tip in the tomatoes and purée along with the bay, oregano and sugar. Bring to the boil and lower the heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 30-35 mins or until thickened and reduced. Season. For a really smooth sauce, blitz with a stick blender, otherwise leave as is.
- Stir the basil into the sauce. The sauce will cover 4-6 large pizza bases. Keeps well in the fridge for 1 week or stored in a container in the freezer.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 120 calories, Fat 6 grams fat, SaturatedFat 1 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 12 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 11 grams sugar, Fiber 3 grams fiber, Protein 3 grams protein, Sodium 0.04 milligram of sodium
More about "homemade pizza sauce recipes"
21 ACROPOLE PIZZA SAUCE RECIPE - SELECTED RECIPES
RECIPE FOR ITALIAN PIZZA SAUCE
THE BEST HOMEMADE PIZZA SAUCE - SPRINKLE SOME SUGAR
PIZZA SAUCE RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
COPYCAT PIZZA HUT CAVATINI RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
HOW TO MAKE PIZZA SAUCE - RECIPE | KITCHN
LOW CARB KETO PIZZA SAUCE (2 MINUTES!) | WHOLESOME YUM
THE BEST HOMEMADE PIZZA SAUCE RECIPE | LITTLE SPICE JAR
AUTHENTIC ITALIAN HOMEMADE PIZZA SAUCE RECIPE
HOMEMADE PIZZA SAUCE RECIPE | EATINGWELL
EASY HOMEMADE PIZZA SAUCE RECIPE - THE FOOD CHARLATAN
HOW TO MAKE SUPERIOR PIZZA SAUCE FROM SCRATCH - THE TAKEOUT
THICK & RICH HOMEMADE PIZZA SAUCE RECIPE - BUDGET BYTES
EASY HOMEMADE PIZZA SAUCE RECIPE (5- MINUTES)!
HOMEMADE PIZZA SAUCE - THE CHUNKY CHEF
10 BEST PIZZA SAUCE RECIPES | YUMMLY
PIZZA SAUCE RECIPE - SPACESHIPS AND LASER BEAMS
EASY HOMEMADE PIZZA SAUCE - SIMPLY DELICIOUS
EASY PIZZA SAUCE RECIPE (SIMPLE & NO COOK!) - AVERIE COOKS
PIZZA SAUCE (BEST HOMEMADE RECIPE!) – A COUPLE COOKS
HOMEMADE PIZZA SAUCE RECIPE - EATING ON A DIME
CLASSIC HOMEMADE PIZZA SAUCE RECIPE | JULIE BLANNER
EASY HOMEMADE PIZZA SAUCE RECIPE | THE RECIPE CRITIC
PIZZA SAUCE RECIPE (3 VERSIONS) | RECIPETIN EATS
PIZZA SAUCE RECIPE - COOKING CLASSY
HOMEMADE PIZZA SAUCE (10 MINUTES, THICK AND RICH ... - BOWL OF …
HOMEMADE PIZZA SAUCE RECIPE - RACHEL COOKS®
EASY PIZZA SAUCE RECIPE - COOKIE AND KATE
PIZZA SAUCE - TASTES BETTER FROM SCRATCH
HOMEMADE PIZZA SAUCE RECIPE - CARLSBAD CRAVINGS
AUTHENTIC HOMEMADE PIZZA SAUCE RECIPE - LOVE TO EAT ITALIAN
HOMEMADE PIZZA SAUCE: 15 DIFFERENT RECIPES TO TRY
EASY HOMEMADE PIZZA SAUCE - MINIMALIST BAKER RECIPES
HOW TO EASILY MAKE PIZZA SAUCE WITH TOMATO PASTE
BARBECUE CHICKEN PIZZA, SOUTHERN-STYLE - SOUTHERN PLATE
10 BEST HOMEMADE ITALIAN PIZZA SAUCE RECIPES | YUMMLY
EASY HOMEMADE PIZZA SAUCE (5 INGREDIENTS!) - I HEART NAPTIME
DELICIOUS HOMEMADE PIZZA SAUCE - DAMN FINE DISHES
THE BEST HOMEMADE PIZZA SAUCE - FIVEHEARTHOME
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #occasion #condiments-etc #vegetables #kid-friendly #stove-top #dietary #equipment #number-of-servings
You'll also love