HUEVOS RANCHEROS CASSEROLE
- Spray 8-inch square (2-quart) glass baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Place 4 of the tortillas in bottom of sprayed baking dish, overlapping as necessary, about 1/2 to 1 inch up sides. Cut remaining tortilla in half; cut into 1/2-inch-wide strips.
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup of the cheese over tortillas in baking dish. Top with chorizo, chiles and 1/2 cup cheese. Arrange tortilla strips over cheese.
- In medium bowl, combine eggs, milk, oregano and ground red pepper; beat well. Pour over mixture in baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese; press lightly into egg mixture. Cover with foil. Refrigerate at least 8 hours or overnight.
- Heat oven to 350°F. Bake covered casserole for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 15 to 20 minutes longer or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Cut into squares. Serve with salsa.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 390, Carbohydrate 16 g, Cholesterol 265 mg, Fat 1/2, Fiber 2 g, Protein 23 g, SaturatedFat 11 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 920 mg, Sugar 3 g
HUEVOS RANCHEROS CASSEROLE
This is one of those great breakfast casseroles you can prepare the night before and just pop in the oven the next morning.
Provided by Pinay0618
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Spray 8 inch square baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place 4 tortillas in bottom of dish, overlapping as necessary, about 1/2 to 1 inch up sides of dish. Cut the last tortilla in half, and then into strips.
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup of the cheese over tortillas in dish. Top with chorizo, chiles and 1/2 cup cheese.
- Arrange tortilla strips over cheese.
- In medium bowl, combine eggs, milk, oregano and red pepper; beat well. Pour over mixture in baking dish.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese; press lightly into egg mixture.
- Cover with foil and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
- Heat oven to 350. Bake covered casserole 30 minutes.
- Uncover, bake an additional 15 to 20 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Serve with salsa.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 414.7, Fat 29.2, SaturatedFat 13, Cholesterol 247.3, Sodium 710.6, Carbohydrate 13.2, Fiber 1.6, Sugar 1.6, Protein 24.6
The eggs in this beloved breakfast dish are sauced with a ranchero-style sauce of roasted tomatoes, spicy ancho chiles and smoky chipotles. To make breakfast easier, make the sauce ahead of time and reheat to serve, adding a bit of water to thin if necessary.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 17
- For the ranchero sauce: Preheat the oven to 500 degrees F and put the tomatoes, garlic cloves and onion on a rimmed baking sheet. Roast the vegetables, turning occasionally, until blistered and charred in spots, about 35 minutes. When cool enough to handle, remove the papery skins from the garlic.
- Meanwhile, bring a small pot of water to a boil. Add the ancho chiles, cover, and remove from the heat. Let sit for 10 minutes, then drain and pat dry.
- Put the vegetables and any juices from the baking sheet into a blender. Add the ancho chiles, 1/2 teaspoon each chopped chipotle and adobo sauce and 1/2 teaspoon salt and blend until fairly smooth. Taste; if you want the sauce spicier, stir in the remaining chopped chipotle and adobo sauce.
- Heat the oil in a medium pot over medium heat. Add the sauce (it will sizzle) and 1/3 cup water and cook, stirring, until thickened but pourable, about 5 minutes. Taste and season with salt as necessary. Cover and keep warm over low heat. If the sauce thickens too much, add 1 tablespoon of water at a time to thin it out.
- For the refried beans: Put the beans in a medium bowl with about half of their reserved liquid and mash with a potato masher until smooth. Heat the vegetable oil in a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat until shimmering, then add the mashed beans and a big pinch of salt and mash again until smooth. Cook, stirring and scraping with a rubber spatula, until heated through. If the beans seem dry, add some more of the reserved liquid until they are creamy. Taste, season with salt if necessary and cover and keep warm over low heat.
- For serving: Preheat the oven to 200 degrees F and line a baking sheet with paper towels. Heat 2 teaspoons vegetable oil in a medium skillet over medium heat until shimmering. Add 1 tortilla and cook until the underside blisters, about 15 seconds. Flip the tortilla with tongs and continue to cook until the underside blisters, about 15 seconds. Remove from the pan to the lined baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining 7 tortillas, adding more oil if necessary. Spread about 2 tablespoons of the refried beans on each tortilla and keep warm in the oven.
- Using the same skillet the tortillas were fried in, heat 1 tablespoon oil until shimmering, about 1 minute. Crack 4 eggs into the skillet and cook until the edges are crispy and whites are almost set. Cover the skillet with a big pot lid and cook until the whites are completely set, 1 more minute. Remove the tortillas from the oven, top four with an egg, then return to the oven and repeat with the 4 remaining eggs.
- Top the remaining tortillas with the remaining eggs. Sprinkle each with a pinch of salt, some ranchero sauce, Cotija cheese, cilantro and onion. Serve immediately.
QUICK AND EASY HUEVOS RANCHEROS
Being Canadian, the only time we were able to enjoy this dish was when we traveled to Cali. When searching for a recipe (including this site) I unfortunately could not find the perfect solution. There were so many different variations with either too many ingredients or missing things we love most. I'm a busy Mom and want EASY so I decided to wing it and came up with my own version. Top with sour cream if desired.
Provided by MuskokaJac
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat an oven to 500 degrees F (260 degrees C).
- Arrange tostada shells on a baking sheet. Spread a layer of refried beans onto each shell; sprinkle each shell with about 1 tablespoon Cheddar cheese.
- Combine chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, salsa, and 1 cup cilantro in a saucepan over medium heat; cook and stir until warm, about 5 minutes.
- Put black beans in a microwave-safe bowl; heat in microwave until warm, about 1 minute.
- Heat butter in a skillet over medium heat; cook each egg in the melted butter until white is firm and yolk is still together, 2 to 3 minutes. Carefully place each cooked egg atop a tostada shell; sprinkle with remaining Cheddar cheese.
- Bake tostadas in the preheated oven until cheese is melted, about 10 minutes.
- Place each tostada on a plate; top with salsa mixture and cilantro. Spoon black beans on the side.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 734.7 calories, Carbohydrate 55.6 g, Cholesterol 447.9 mg, Fat 38.9 g, Fiber 16.6 g, Protein 41.5 g, SaturatedFat 18.5 g, Sodium 1744.1 mg, Sugar 2.4 g
AUTHENTIC HUEVOS RANCHEROS
- Heat oil in a small skillet over medium-high heat. Fry tortillas one at a time until firm, but not crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain grease.
- Meanwhile, combine the refried beans and butter in a microwave-safe dish. Cover, and cook in the microwave until heated through. When tortillas are done, fry eggs over easy in the skillet. Add more oil if the tortillas have absorbed it all.
- Place tortillas onto plates, and spread a layer of beans on them. Top with cheese, a fried egg, crumbled bacon and if desired, salsa.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 493.8 calories, Carbohydrate 24.2 g, Cholesterol 247.5 mg, Fat 32.9 g, Fiber 5.2 g, Protein 26.6 g, SaturatedFat 13.2 g, Sodium 1193.9 mg, Sugar 2.3 g
HUEVOS RANCHEROS BRUNCH CASSEROLE WITH HAM AND CHEESE
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Heat 1 1/2 tablespoons oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Fry tortillas, one at a time, until golden and lightly crisp, about 30 seconds per side. Drain on paper towels and set aside.
- Add ham to the skillet and cook until lightly browned, about 1 minute. Transfer ham with a slotted spoon to a paper towel-lined plate to drain; set aside.
- Heat remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons oil in the skillet. Add onion and 1/2 teaspoon salt; cook, stirring often, until onion is translucent. Add beans and green chiles; cook, stirring and partially mashing, for 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- Spray a 9x13-inch baking dish liberally with cooking spray. Place tortillas in a single layer on the bottom. Sprinkle ham and cheese over the tortillas. Top evenly with the black bean mixture and pico de gallo. Form 6 shallow wells in the pico layer; crack an egg into each well.
- Bake in the preheated oven until egg whites are just set and yolks are runny, about 20 minutes. Sprinkle with pepper and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt. Top with avocado and cilantro.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 487.3 calories, Carbohydrate 30.9 g, Cholesterol 223.2 mg, Fat 28.4 g, Fiber 9 g, Protein 25 g, SaturatedFat 8.3 g, Sodium 1786.7 mg, Sugar 4.8 g
More about "huevos rancheros casserole recipe 435"
HUEVOS RANCHEROS CASSEROLE - CHILI PEPPER MADNESS
5/5 (5)Category Breakfast, Main CourseCuisine American, MexicanCalories 462 per serving
- Heat the oil in a medium skillet (I used my 14-inch cast iron paand add the onion and peppers. Cook them down for 5 minutes to soften.
- Stir in the pinto beans, ranchero sauce and salt and pepper to taste. Simmer for 10 minutes to let the flavors develop.
RECIPE: HUEVOS RANCHEROS CASSEROLE - KITCHN
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
HUEVOS RANCHEROS CASSEROLE - PALEOMG
BAKED HUEVOS RANCHEROS CASSEROLE (CAZUELA DE HUEVOS ...
HUEVOS RANCHEROS BREAKFAST CASSEROLE - LODGE CAST IRON
EASY HUEVOS RANCHEROS BAKE RECIPE - SOUTHERN LIVING
HUEVOS RANCHEROS BREAKFAST CASSEROLE - HOUSE OF YUMM
HUEVOS RANCHEROS BREAKFAST CASSEROLE
EASY MEXICAN HUEVOS RANCHEROS CASSEROLE - NOT ENOUGH …
CHEESY BAKED HUEVOS RANCHEROS CASSEROLE - ABERDEEN'S …
EASY HUEVOS RANCHEROS CASSEROLE - BETTER HOMES
BAKED HUEVOS RANCHEROS CASSEROLE FROM THE ... - THE FITCHEN
HUEVOS RANCHEROS HASHBROWNS CASSEROLE - FLIPPIN' …
HUEVOS RANCHEROS CASSEROLE - CALL ME PMC
EASY HUEVOS RANCHEROS CASSEROLE - BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
HUEVOS RANCHEROS CASSEROLE RECIPE - ONE SWEET APPETITE
BAKED HEUVOS RANCHEROS CASSEROLE - COOKINGWITHMICHELE.COM
HUEVOS RANCHEROS CASSEROLE - ALASKA FROM SCRATCH
HUEVOS RANCHEROS CASSEROLE - TAO OF SPICE
EASY HUEVOS RANCHEROS CASSEROLE RECIPE | RADA CUTLERY
HUEVOS RANCHEROS BREAKFAST CASSEROLE - SHEKNOWS
AUTHENTIC HUEVOS RANCHEROS RECIPE [STEP-BY-STEP]
HUEVOS RANCHEROS BREAKFAST CASSEROLE - THE MOM 100
HUEVOS RANCHEROS - SKINNYTASTE
HUEVOS RANCHEROS CASSEROLE RECIPE ⋆ 100 DAYS OF REAL FOOD
HUEVOS RANCHEROS BAKE // RECIPE - WHIPPERBERRY
HUEVOS RANCHEROS BREAKFAST CASSEROLE - 12 TOMATOES
HUEVOS REE-OS - THE PIONEER WOMAN
HUEVOS RANCHEROS BREAKFAST CASSEROLE | VINTAGE MIXER
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make Huevos Rancheros?Recipe for easy authentic "huevos rancheros" a Mexican breakfast dish prepared with two sunnyside-up eggs on fried corn tortillas covered in a spicy tomato salsa with refried beans on the side. A healthy and filling way to start your day. Roughly chop the tomatoes, onion, garlic and serrano chile. Add to your blender jar.
Is huevos rancheros good for dinner?It’s a hearty, satisfying breakfast, which means it can also hold its own for dinner. In this version, huevos rancheros go the way of the casserole with a double layer of corn tortillas, a generous helping of beans and cheese, and the signature spicy-sweet tomato-chile sauce.
What kind of sauce does Huevos Rancheros have?Huevos Rancheros. The eggs in this beloved breakfast dish are sauced with a ranchero-style sauce of roasted tomatoes, spicy ancho chiles and smoky chipotles. To make breakfast easier, make the sauce ahead of time and reheat to serve, adding a bit of water to thin if necessary.
How do you make the perfect egg and cheese casserole?In medium bowl, combine eggs, milk, oregano and red pepper; beat well. Pour over mixture in baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheese; press lightly into egg mixture. Cover with foil and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight. Heat oven to 350. Bake covered casserole 30 minutes.