HUEVOS RANCHEROS TORTILLA BOWLS
- Heat a fry pan over high heat. Use a fry pan with a lid or use the lid of a larger pot (it doesn't matter if it doesn't fit snugly).
- Place tortilla in fry pan and cook for 30 seconds until charred. Flip and cook the other side for 30 seconds.
- Remove from fry pan and place into a bowl or casserole dish to form a bowl shape. As the tortilla cools, it will hold its shape in a bowl form.
- Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- Heat oil in fry pan over high heat.
- Add garlic and onion and sauté for 2 minutes until starting to become translucent.
- Add capsicum (bell pepper) and cook for 2 minutes until starting to char.
- Add remaining Tomato Filling ingredients, reserving some coriander leave for garnish. Bring to simmer and cook for 1 minute to thicken, then turn heat down to medium.
- Use a spoon to make 3 indents in the Tomato Filling.
- Crack eggs into indents.
- Cover with lid and cook for 3 minutes or to your liking. Check it at 2 minutes, then take a quick peek every 30 seconds thereafter. It can go from under to overcooked in a flash! Note that the eggs will continue to cook slightly after taking it off the heat.
- Remove fry pan from heat.
- Divide Tomato Filling between each Tortilla Bowl, topped with an egg.
- Top with remaining coriander leaves and garnish of choice. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : ServingSize 352 g, Calories 405 kcal, Carbohydrate 60 g, Protein 21.1 g, Fat 11.1 g, SaturatedFat 2.4 g, Cholesterol 164 mg, Sodium 712 mg, Fiber 13.2 g, Sugar 5.9 g
HUEVOS RANCHEROS IN TORTILLA CUPS
Provided by Bon Appétit Test Kitchen
Categories Bean Egg Breakfast Brunch Vegetarian Quick & Easy Low Cal High Fiber Cinco de Mayo Tortillas Monterey Jack Bon Appétit Sugar Conscious Pescatarian Wheat/Gluten-Free Peanut Free Tree Nut Free Soy Free No Sugar Added Kosher
Yield Makes 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Brush six 10-ounce custard cups with 1 tablespoon oil. Stack tortillas; microwave uncovered until warm and flexible, about 25 seconds. Gently press 1 tortilla into each cup. Brush tortillas with 2 tablespoons oil.
- Place pinto beans, remaining 1 tablespoon oil, 1/3 cup chopped cilantro, and cumin in small bowl; mash coarsely with fork. Spoon bean mixture into bottom of tortilla cups, spreading and dividing evenly. Crack 1 egg into each tortilla cup atop beans. Sprinkle each with grated Monterey Jack cheese, covering egg completely. Bake uncovered until egg yolks are firm to touch and whites are set, about 27 minutes (yolks will still be soft inside).
- Meanwhile, mix pico de gallo, 1/3 cup cilantro, and hot sauce in small bowl. Using large spoon, lift tortilla cups from dishes; transfer to plates. Top eggs with pico de gallo and serve immediately.
HUEVOS RANCHERO TORTILLA CUPS RECIPE BY TASTY
Here's what you need: nonstick cooking spray, flour tortillas, vegetable oil, black beans, ground cumin, ground chili powder, garlic powder, Pace® Chunky Salsa, large eggs, whole milk, avocado, crumbled queso fresco, fresh cilantro
Provided by Pace
Yield 12 cups
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease a 12-cup muffin tin with nonstick spray.
- Warm the tortillas in the microwave for 1 minute, until soft. Place each tortilla in a prepared muffin cup, folding the sides of the tortillas over each other slightly to fit flush in the cups. Bake for 10 minutes, or until the cups hold their shape.
- Heat vegetable oil in a medium skillet over medium-low heat. Add the black beans and their liquid, the cumin, chili powder, and garlic powder, and cook, stirring frequently, until steam begins to rise, about 4 minutes. Mash the beans. Continue cooking for 2 minutes, until the liquid reduces slightly.
- Scoop about ½ tablespoon of the bean mixture into each tortilla cup, smoothing evenly. Spoon a heaping tablespoon of the Pace® Chunky Salsa into each cup over the beans.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk. Pour the egg mixture over the salsa, filling the cups just below the edges of the tortillas.
- Bake the tortilla cups for 18-22 minutes, until eggs are cooked through.
- Remove the cups from the oven and garnish with the avocado, queso fresco, and cilantro. Top with the remaining Pace® Chunky Salsa or serve alongside for dipping.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 232 calories, Carbohydrate 29 grams, Fat 8 grams, Fiber 3 grams, Protein 8 grams, Sugar 2 grams
Provided by Melissa d'Arabian : Food Network
Yield 8 egg cups, or 4 servings of 2 each
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut off the outer edge of each tortilla and remove so that the tortillas fit snugly into the muffin tin cups. Brush both sides of the tortillas lightly with the melted butter and sprinkle with salt. Press the tortillas into the muffin tin, creating little tortilla cups.
- In a small bowl, mix half the salsa with the black beans and season with salt and pepper. Spoon a heaping tablespoon of the black bean mixture into each tortilla cup. Crack an egg into each of the eight cups. Bake until barely set, about 8 minutes. Top with cheese, cover with aluminum foil, and then bake for 6 to 7 minutes more. To serve, spoon the sour cream and remaining salsa on top of the eggs.
HUEVOS RANCHEROS WITH BACON TORTILLAS
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Make the salsa: Preheat the broiler. Spread the tomatoes and serrano peppers on a foil-lined baking sheet and broil, turning occasionally, until charred, 10 to 15 minutes. Wrap in the foil and set aside, about 10 minutes. Rub off the charred skins; remove the pepper stems. Pulse the tomatoes, peppers, onion, garlic and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a food processor until chunky.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Carefully add the tomato mixture and cook, stirring occasionally, until thickened, about 10 minutes. Stir in the cilantro and season with salt. Transfer the salsa to a bowl and cover to keep warm; wipe out the skillet.
- Prepare the tortillas: Cook the bacon in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, turning occasionally, until crisp, 9 to 11 minutes; drain on paper towels, reserving the drippings in the skillet. Finely chop the bacon. Combine all but about 1 tablespoon bacon, the masa harina and a pinch of salt in a medium bowl. Stir in 3/4 cup warm water and knead in the bowl until the dough is soft and pliable, about 2 minutes. Divide the dough into 4 pieces; roll each into a ball, then flatten into 4-inch disks.
- Cook the tortillas: Heat the vegetable oil in the cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add the tortillas and cook until golden brown on the bottoms, 3 to 4 minutes; flip and cook until golden on the other side, 3 more minutes. Flip again and cook until the tortillas are browned and cooked through, about 1 more minute. Wrap in foil to keep warm.
- Make the eggs: Add the vegetable oil to the bacon drippings in the nonstick skillet and set over medium-high heat. Add the eggs, season with salt and fry until the whites are set, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Spoon some of the prepared salsa onto 4 plates. Place a tortilla on each plate and top with a fried egg. Top with a little more salsa, then sprinkle with the cheese, cilantro and the reserved bacon.
- Make the Pico de Gallo: Combine the ingredients in a medium bowl and mix well. Cover and refrigerate.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Set aside a generous 1/3 cup salsa. Place remainder in a 2-quart saucepan, add the black beans and their juice, stir and cook over medium heat until thickened but still juicy, about 10 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a small saucepan over medium heat and add the onions. Cover and cook until tender, about 7 minutes, stirring frequently. Set aside.
- Grease 4 (8-inch) round cake pans, pie plates or oven-safe skillets with cooking spray and carefully fit a tortilla in each, gently pleating the excess on the sides. Bake until crisp, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, scramble the eggs. (I like to put the raw eggs through a colander and cook them in a nonstick pan over a pot of simmering water.)
- Spread a generous tablespoon of reserved salsa over the bottom of each tortilla cup and spoon 1/4 of the scrambled eggs and then 1/4 of the cheese on top of each. Heat in the oven until the cheese melts, about 2 minutes.
- To serve: Carefully slide each tortilla cup from the pan onto a serving plate. Stir the onions into the black-bean mixture and season with salt and pepper. Serve with the bean mixture, Pico de Gallo and the sour cream on the side, to spoon as desired into the tortilla cups.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 700, UnsaturatedFat 20 grams, Carbohydrate 68 grams, Fat 36 grams, Fiber 15 grams, Protein 31 grams, SaturatedFat 13 grams, Sodium 1748 milligrams, Sugar 13 grams, TransFat 0 grams
MOM'S HUEVOS RANCHEROS
Mom wasn't Mexican, but she could sure cook like she was. This is a delicious brunch dish where eggs are poached in salsa, served on corn tortillas, and topped with cheese, sour cream, and black olives. This recipe would also be good with fresh avocado or guacamole. If you use gluten-free tortillas, which are easy to find, it would be gluten free. Hold the cheese and sour cream and it is dairy free!
Provided by Good EatNZ
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Combine enchilada sauce, salsa, and corn in a large frying pan over medium heat and bring to a simmer. Add tortillas and simmer until beginning to soften, about 30 seconds. Transfer tortillas to a plate and cover to keep warm.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Crack 1 egg at a time and slide it gently into the sauce in the pan. Spoon a bit of sauce over each egg. Cover the pan and poach eggs to desired doneness, about 3 minutes for soft yolks.
- Place 1 warmed tortilla on a plate. Lift 2 eggs gently from the sauce using a large spoon and place on the tortilla. Spoon extra sauce over eggs and top with grated Colby cheese, sour cream, and olives. Repeat with remaining tortilla, eggs, sauce, and toppings.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 530.9 calories, Carbohydrate 41.8 g, Cholesterol 371.1 mg, Fat 31 g, Fiber 6.5 g, Protein 25.9 g, SaturatedFat 14.2 g, Sodium 1561.1 mg, Sugar 7.3 g
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Heat the oil in a small skillet over medium heat. When the oil is hot but not smoking, fry the tortillas one at a time until softened and heated through, about 3 seconds per side. Make sure they do not crisp. Drain on paper towels.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of the beans in the center of each tortilla and set aside. Meanwhile, use a little more oil to fry the eggs sunny side up (a nonstick skillet will make your life easier), sprinkling with salt and pepper as they cook. Place an egg in the center of each tortilla, then top with 2 tablespoons salsa and 1 tablespoon cheese.
- Carefully transfer the tortillas to a baking dish that fits them snugly. Bake until the cheese is melted, about 5 minutes, then serve immediately.
- Simplest Huevos Rancheros
- Omit the tortillas and Refried Beans. Scramble the eggs in oil; as they are beginning to set in the pan, stir in the salsa and cheese. Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve.
HUEVOS RANCHEROS IN MUFFIN CUPS
Saw this recipe on Food Network/Melissa d'Arabian. It looks easy and a great breakfast/brunch idea.
Provided by DailyInspiration
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Cut off the outer edge of each tortilla and remove so that the tortillas fit snugly into the muffin tin cup. Brush both sides of the tortillas lightly with melted butter and sprinkle with salt. Press the tortillas into the muffin tin, creating little tortilla cups.
- In a small bowl, mix half the salsa with the black beans with salt and pepper. Spoon a heaping tablespoon of the black bean mixture into each tortilla cup. Crack an egg into each of the eight cups. Bake until barely set, about 8 minutes. Top with cheese, cover with aluminum foil, and then bake for 6-7 minutes more. To serve, spoon the sour cream and remaining salsa on top of the eggs.
AUTHENTIC HUEVOS RANCHEROS
- Heat oil in a small skillet over medium-high heat. Fry tortillas one at a time until firm, but not crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain grease.
- Meanwhile, combine the refried beans and butter in a microwave-safe dish. Cover, and cook in the microwave until heated through. When tortillas are done, fry eggs over easy in the skillet. Add more oil if the tortillas have absorbed it all.
- Place tortillas onto plates, and spread a layer of beans on them. Top with cheese, a fried egg, crumbled bacon and if desired, salsa.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 493.8 calories, Carbohydrate 24.2 g, Cholesterol 247.5 mg, Fat 32.9 g, Fiber 5.2 g, Protein 26.6 g, SaturatedFat 13.2 g, Sodium 1193.9 mg, Sugar 2.3 g
GOURMET HUEVOS RANCHEROS
Eggs paired with zesty salsa and warm corn tortillas create a hearty breakfast, brunch or dinner entrée. Refried beans, avocado, cilantro, green onion and sour cream make up the CIA's interpretation of this dish. To complement the heat of this spicy combination, serve with a side of chilled sliced fruit. The following recipe suggests fried eggs, although you can prepare them scrambled or poached. The rich and creamy texture of the avocado supplies a flawless garnish. This recipe is from The Culinary Institute of America's Cooking at Home with the CIA.
Provided by NcMysteryShopper
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat the broiler.
- Heat the tortillas by toasting them one at a time in a dry cast-iron skillet or directly over a gas flame until lightly toasted; Place on a baking sheet, spread each tortilla with ¼ cup of refried beans, and cover to keep warm.
- Working in batches as needed, heat the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat until it is very hot but not smoking and the foaming has subsided; Crack the eggs directly into the hot butter and reduce the heat to medium-low or low; Fry the eggs, shaking the pan occasionally to keep the eggs from sticking; Season the eggs with salt and pepper; Fry to the desired doneness, about 2 minutes for "sunny-side up," 3 minutes for medium yolks, and 4 minutes for hard yolks; Or, once the whites are just opaque, turn the eggs and cook for 30 seconds more for "over easy," 1 minute more for "over medium," or 2 minutes more for "over hard.".
- Top each tortilla with 2 fried eggs and 2 tablespoons of the grated cheese; Slide the tortillas under the broiler to melt the cheese.
- Meanwhile, dice the avocado and toss with the lime juice to prevent the avocado from discoloring.
- Top each serving with 2 tablespoons salsa and 2 tablespoons sour cream; Divide the avocado among the tortillas; Garnish each tortilla with 1 tablespoon cilantro and 1 tablespoon green onion and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 499.8, Fat 34, SaturatedFat 14.2, Cholesterol 414.8, Sodium 718.3, Carbohydrate 28.3, Fiber 8.6, Sugar 3.4, Protein 22.9
More about "huevos rancheros in tortilla cups recipes"
BAKED HUEVOS RANCHEROS IN A TORTILLA CUP - GINGER & TOASTED …
Servings 4Total Time 30 mins
HUEVOS RANCHEROS RECIPE WITH SOUR CREAM - DAISY BRAND
HUEVOS RANCHEROS | AMERICAN HEART ASSOCIATION
EASY HUEVOS RANCHEROS RECIPE | THE NOVICE CHEF
EASY HUEVOS RANCHEROS RECIPE (+ VIDEO) - THE TORTILLA …
HUEVOS RANCHEROS EGG CUPS - WHAT A GIRL EATS
HUEVOS RANCHEROS TORTILLA BREAKFAST CUPS BY OHMYVEGGIES.COM
FRESH HUEVOS RANCHEROS RECIPE - COOKIE AND KATE
HUEVOS RANCHEROS CUPS | CANADIAN LIVING
BAKED HUEVOS RANCHEROS RECIPE - GRACE PARISI | FOOD & WINE
EASY HUEVOS RANCHEROS RECIPE - COOK WITH CAMPBELLS CANADA
HUEVOS RANCHEROS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
HUEVOS RANCHEROS RECIPE | GET CRACKING
HUEVOS RANCHEROS | AMERICAN HEART ASSOCIATION CPR & FIRST AID
HUEVOS RANCHERO CUPS RECIPE - DELISH.COM
EASY CUBAN-STYLE HUEVOS RANCHEROS - A SASSY SPOON
HUEVOS RANCHEROS - PACE FOODS
HUEVOS RANCHEROS RECIPE (CLASSIC MEXICAN VERSION, STEP BY STEP …
HUEVOS RANCHEROS RECIPE - OWENS SAUSAGE
HUEVOS RANCHEROS BREAKFAST CUPS - THE SPEEDY GOURMET
EASY HUEVOS RANCHEROS - SOBEYS INC.
FACTORY HUEVOS RANCHEROS | THE CHEESECAKE FACTORY
HUEVOS RANCHEROS RECIPE | GOOP
MINI HUEVOS RANCHEROS RECIPE | GET CRACKING - EGGS.CA
MEXIKETO HUEVOS RANCHEROS CUPS | CHOLULA
HUEVOS RANCHEROS | NELLIE'S FREE RANGE
HUEVOS RANCHEROS - FRESH, FAST, FLAVORFUL! - SOUTHERN PLATE
HUEVOS RANCHEROS IS TORTILLA CUPS RECIPE, WHATS COOKING AMERICA
SCRAMBLED HUEVOS RANCHEROS RECIPE - COOKIE AND KATE
HUEVOS RANCHEROS IN TORTILLA CASSEROLES RECIPE - TABLESPOON.COM
HUEVOS RANCHEROS RECIPE - VILLA COCINA
HUEVOS RANCHEROS AUTHENTIC RECIPE - HERENCIA COOK BOOK
HUEVOS RANCHEROS RECIPE | CHATELAINE
HUEVOS RANCHEROS - GUERRERO TORTILLAS
HUEVOS RANCHEROS | CACIQUE® INC.
HUEVOS RANCHEROS RECIPE - GREEN GIANT
You'll also love