IRISH POTATO SOUP
- Place the bacon in a large, deep skillet, and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned, about 10 minutes. Drain the bacon slices on a paper towel-lined plate, crumble, and set aside.
- Cook and stir onion and celery in the remaining bacon grease over medium heat until the onion is translucent and tender. Drain excess grease, then stir in potatoes. Add water to cover all but 1 inch of the potatoes. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, then reduce to medium-low, and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 15 minutes, stirring often. Stir in the evaporated milk, and continue cooking until warmed through. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in bacon just before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 358.4 calories, Carbohydrate 39.4 g, Cholesterol 47.9 mg, Fat 15.1 g, Fiber 4 g, Protein 16.8 g, SaturatedFat 7 g, Sodium 552.9 mg, Sugar 11.6 g
IRISH POTATO SOUP WITH BACON
I made this for St. Patty's day (along with the Recipe #217866) and the whole family loved it, even my 15 yr old who is quite picky. It's made from canned soups, so its easily accessible for anyone to make. No 'out of the way' ingredients. thick, creamy and very filling for cold nights. The bacon adds a great flavor and some nice texture. **If you have any questions about this recipe, feel free to leave me a message**
Provided by SaNdRa
Yield 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Peel & cut potatoes into chunks. Place in boiling water and cook until done (I usually do this for about 15-20 minutes. They need to be a bit crunchy, not too hard-not too soft) drain water when done; set aside.
- Fry bacon in separate pot (the one you will use to make the soup). Remove the bacon from the pan and set it aside. Leave the grease in the pan.
- Caramelize the onions in the bacon grease. Allow to cool for 5 minutes or so; do not empty the grease!
- Add the cheese soups, cream of potato & French onion soups, milk and water to the onion/grease mixture.
- Crumble the bacon and divide it into 2 bowls.
- Heat up the soup mixture in the bacon grease/onion pan and when hot, add the potatoes and one bowl of the bacon crumbles. Set on medium heat and allow to cook for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Add half of the cheese while stirring constantly for about 2 minutes.
- Allow soup to sit for about 5 minutes and serve with remaining bacon crumbles and cheese on top.
- A really nice romaine salad w/purple onions, roma tomatoes and cheddar/garlic croutons *and your fave dressing* make this the perfect meal.Enjoy!
IRISH BACON AND CABBAGE SOUP
This is a wonderfully simple chunky soup. I use good quality Irish back bacon but if you can't get this, it tastes equally good made with pancetta. The dark green colour of the cabbage alongside the tomatoes gives the soup a beautiful colour.
Provided by Ita
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Place bacon in a large, deep stockpot or saucepan. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain off any excess fat.
- Stir in potatoes, tomatoes, and enough chicken stock to cover. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and let simmer for 20 minutes, or until potatoes are tender.
- Stir in cabbage and allow the soup to simmer for a few minutes longer before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 276.2 calories, Carbohydrate 38.4 g, Cholesterol 20.5 mg, Fat 8.1 g, Fiber 6 g, Protein 12.3 g, SaturatedFat 2.6 g, Sodium 825.3 mg, Sugar 5 g
IRISH POTATO SOUP
Have been making this for years. The bay leaf is what makes this one a little different from a lot of potato soups.
Provided by Debbwl
Categories Low Protein
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Peel and slice the potatoes.
- Put potatoes into a soup pot with water, onions, and bay leaf.
- Simmer covered for 45 minutes.
- Puree soup in batches.
- Add half and half, salt, and pepper. Also add smoked sausage if using.
- Cook for 15 minutes on low just until heated thoroughly without scalding the half and half.
- Add butter and serve.
More about "irish potato soup with bacon recipes"
IRISH POTATO SOUP - TRADITIONAL IRISH SOUP IN JUST 32 MINUTES!
Reviews 2Estimated Reading Time 6 mins
POTATO LEEK AND BACON SOUP - IRISH POTATO SOUP - KITCHN
Estimated Reading Time 1 min
IRELAND: IRISH POTATO SOUP WITH BACON AND VEGETABLES
SAVANNAH-STYLE IRISH POTATO SOUP - FOOD NETWORK
IRISH POTATO SOUP RECIPE - ANALIDA'S ETHNIC SPOON
CREAMY IRISH POTATO SOUP & DUBLIN, IRELAND | DELECTABLE DESTINATIONS
COLCANNON IRISH POTATO AND CABBAGE SOUP - ANNA IN THE KITCHEN
IRISH POTATO SOUP RECIPE - RECIPETIPS.COM
CREAMY IRISH LEEK AND POTATO SOUP - HOUSE OF NASH EATS
OLD-FASHIONED IRISH POTATO SOUP | GRITSANDPINECONES.COM
THIS TRADITIONAL IRISH POTATO SOUP RECIPE WILL SEE YOU …
IRISH POTATO SOUP RECIPE: A SIMPLE YET DELICIOUS IRISH …
POTATO ONION SOUP, IRISH-STYLE RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
IRISH POTATO SOUP WITH CHEESE AND RED ALE RECIPE - JAMES BEARD …
25 TRADITIONAL IRISH SOUPS - INSANELY GOOD
LEEK AND POTATO SOUP | MCCALLUM'S SHAMROCK PATCH
IRISH POTATO SOUP RECIPE - 3 BOYS AND A DOG
WARM UP WITH THIS IRISH POTATO AND CHEESE SOUP RECIPE
IRISH BAKED POTATO SOUP WITH CORNED BEEF AND CRISPY LEEKS
SLOW COOKER IRISH POTATO SOUP - THE GINGERED WHISK
IRISH POTATO SOUP RECIPE WITH BACON AND CABBAGE - COOKING CHAT
HEARTY POTATO AND LEEK SOUP WITH BACON RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
LOADED INSTANT POT POTATO SOUP WITH BACON - FOODIE AND WINE
IRISH POTATO SOUP - BUSY COOKS
COLCANNON SOUP (AKA IRISH POTATO AND CABBAGE SOUP WITH BACON)
IRISH CHEDDAR & WHISKEY POTATO SOUP - SALTWATER DAUGHTERS
IRISH POTATO SOUP RECIPE | MYRECIPES
IRISH POTATO CABBAGE SOUP WITH BACON & CHEESE
TRADITIONAL IRISH POTATO SOUP
COLCANNON SOUP – AN IRISH POTATO SOUP WITH CABBAGE
EASY IRISH POTATO SOUP - CAMPBELL SOUP COMPANY
IRISH POTATO LEEK SOUP - BOWL OF DELICIOUS
CREAMY IRISH POTATO SOUP | THE WEE LARDER BY ANGIE MILNE
IRISH COLCANNON SOUP - SEASONS AND SUPPERS
HOMEMADE IRISH POTATO SOUP RECIPE - IRISH FOOD RECIPES
CAULIFLOWER AND BACON SOUP - IRISH AMERICAN MOM
IRISH POTATO CABBAGE SOUP WITH CHEESE AND BACON - SHE'S COOKIN
10 BEST IRISH POTATO SOUP CROCK POT RECIPES | YUMMLY
POTATO SOUP WITH BACON AND CHEDDAR | EMERILS.COM
TRADITIONAL IRISH LEEK AND POTATO SOUP - THE VIEW FROM GREAT ISLAND
COLCANNON IRISH POTATOES WITH BACON - RELUCTANT ENTERTAINER
IRISH CABBAGE & POTATO SOUP WITH HAM | SUMPTUOUS SPOONFULS
CREAMY IRISH POTATO SOUP RECIPE - COOK WITH CAMPBELLS CANADA
You'll also love