MEATBALL, BEAN AND ESCAROLE SOUP
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add the garlic, carrots, red onion and rosemary and cook, stirring, until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in the escarole, beans and their liquid, chicken broth, 2 cups water, 1/2 teaspoon salt and a few grinds of pepper.
- Increase the heat to high and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium low and simmer until the vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Gently stir in the meatballs and cook until warmed through, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Ladle into bowls and top with parmesan and a few grinds of pepper; drizzle with olive oil.
ITALIAN MEATBALL 'N' BEAN SOUP
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, milk and bread crumbs. Crumble sausage and turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls. In a large skillet, brown meatballs in batches; drain. , Transfer meatballs to a 3-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Cover and cook on low 5-6 hours or until a thermometer inserted in a meatball reaches 160°. If desired, top with additional sliced green onion.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 529 calories, Fat 31g fat (11g saturated fat), Cholesterol 119mg cholesterol, Sodium 1273mg sodium, Carbohydrate 35g carbohydrate (6g sugars, Fiber 8g fiber), Protein 27g protein.
ITALIAN CHICKEN MEATBALL AND BEAN SOUP
In North Dakota, it's pretty common for winter temps to fall below zero. Hearty soups like this are a must. -Noelle Myers, Grand Forks, North Dakota
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings (3 quarts).
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large bowl, combine egg, stuffing mix and salt. Add chicken; mix lightly but thoroughly. Shape into 1-1/4-in. balls. Place in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake until cooked through, 14-17 minutes., Meanwhile, in a 6-qt. stockpot, heat oil over medium heat. Add celery, carrots and onion; cook and stir until carrots are softened, 5-7 minutes. Stir in Italian seasoning and garlic; cook 1 minute longer., Add beans, broth and lemon zest; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Stir in spinach and meatballs; cook just until spinach is wilted. Stir in lemon juice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 265 calories, Fat 8g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 61mg cholesterol, Sodium 828mg sodium, Carbohydrate 30g carbohydrate (2g sugars, Fiber 8g fiber), Protein 20g protein.
ITALIAN MEATBALL SOUP RAPIDO
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a 5- to 6-quart pot over high heat until hot but not smoking, then cook onions, garlic, celery, and carrots, stirring occasionally, until onions are pale golden, about 4 minutes. Stir in broth and water and bring to a boil, covered. Meanwhile, heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil in a 12-inch heavy skillet over high heat until hot but not smoking, then sauté meatballs (do not thaw if frozen), turning occasionally, until browned all over, about 3 minutes. Add meatballs to soup along with beans and briskly simmer, covered, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender and meatballs are heated through, about 15 minutes. Stir in spinach, cheese, salt, and pepper and simmer, uncovered, until spinach is wilted, about 1 minute.
FAMOUS HOMEMADE CHICKEN SOUP WITH MEATBALLS - ITALIAN STYLE
Make and share this Famous Homemade Chicken Soup With Meatballs - Italian Style recipe from Food.com.
Provided by The Miserable Gourm
Yield 10 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Rinse chicken and clean vegetables.
- Cut the tops off the carrots and remove onion skin but keep whole.
- Place chicken, vegetables, bullion, tomato sauce and enough water to cover in a large stock pot, covered, over high heat until it boils.
- Reduce heat and tilt lid to let soup simmer about 4 hours.
- Strain fat from top of broth.
- Carefully remove vegetables into a bowl to let cool.
- Carefully remove chicken, it's HOT! and let rest while you strain the broth through a metal strainer into a smaller pot.
- Mix all meatball ingredients together in a large bowl, being careful not to over-mix. In a large saucepan, add two or three generous ladles of chicken soup broth.
- Form small meatballs and cook in soup broth simmering until cooked, about 10 minutes. Add to strained broth.
- While meatballs are cooking, slice carrots and celery, and shred or slice chicken and add to strained broth.
- Now, I put some noodles into the bowl and add a ladle of soup on top and top it with grated cheese. (We're Italian. Cheese goes on everything.).
- I do not add the noodles to the soup directly because they tend to soak up all the broth , which make it difficult to eat as leftovers. This recipe makes enough for two nights for my family of 5. I freeze half for another time.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 486, Fat 26.4, SaturatedFat 8.4, Cholesterol 138.3, Sodium 1058.6, Carbohydrate 28.5, Fiber 3.4, Sugar 5.2, Protein 32.5
More about "italian chicken meatball and bean soup recipes"
ITALIAN BEAN AND GREENS SOUP WITH MINI MEATBALLS AND ...
Servings 4Calories 1129 per servingTotal Time 1 hr
SPINACH AND WHITE BEAN MEATBALL SOUP RECIPE - DAMN DELICIOUS
4.9/5 (14)Category EntreeServings 4Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
ITALIAN CHICKEN SOUP WITH MEATBALLS AND ESCAROLE
Servings 8-10Total Time 1 hrEstimated Reading Time 2 mins
- In a large heavy bottomed pot over medium heat, heat olive oil and place carrots, onions and celery in. Cook for five minutes.
10 OF THE BEST CHICKEN MEATBALL RECIPES YOU’LL EVER TRY ...
Estimated Reading Time 1 min
- Asian Chicken Meatballs. It can be difficult to find easy dishes to entertain with. Look no further than this recipe for Asian Chicken Meatballs.
- Chicken Koftas with White Bean Purée. A stunning and authentic Turkish dish, that doesn’t take much effort but is sure to impress family and friends.
- Chili Cranberry Fusion Meatballs. These tangy slow cooker meatballs fuse Asian and Mexican influences for a delectable treat.
- Korean-style Meatballs in BBQ Sauce. These meatballs are beautifully seasoned with some of Korea’s most commonly used ingredients. They are not fiery hot, just flavour packed.
- Creamy Swedish-style Meatballs. These chicken meatballs are a perfect dish to bring to a potluck. They’ll be gone before your eyes, thanks to the rich-tasting but light creamy sauce.
- Mini Mexican Meatballs. While meatballs are not in the glam appetizer realm, they’re the first to go on most cocktail spreads.
- Chicken Meatball Appetizers. These Italian-spiced meatballs are perfect served with marinara sauce at a cocktail party, or added to tomato sauce for spaghetti and meatballs.
- Italian Wedding Soup with Chicken Meatballs. This version of Italian wedding soup is rich and comforting, with silky broth, flavourful chicken meatballs, and leafy spinach.
- Saucy Chicken Meatballs & Pasta. This simmered, one-pot meal combines well loved meatballs and whole-wheat pasta to create a budget friendly meal. Any leftovers are just as delicious reheated.
20 AUTHENTIC ITALIAN SOUP RECIPES - INSANELY GOOD
4.8/5 (11)Published 2021-03-26Category Recipe Roundup, Soup
- Italian Wedding Soup. Savor the superb combination of the luscious greens and the tender meat, which is what this soup’s name means! Despite what it’s called, this Italian wedding soup isn’t served at weddings, so you can enjoy it with your family at home!
- Chicken Gnocchi Soup. This creamy soup that tastes like heaven is filled with celery, carrots, spinach, and tender chicken. Each spoonful gives you a rich, creamy broth with soft and chewy gnocchi that just melts in your mouth!
- Minestrone Soup. This classic minestrone recipe does not disappoint. With the tomato-y broth and pasta, this soup screams Italy! Carrots, celery, and seasonal vegetables make this soup easy to make at any time of the year.
- Pasta e Fagioli. This super easy pasta and bean soup can be eaten even in the summer. That’s just how good it is! Beans, carrots, celery, and fresh herbs make this soup as healthy as it is tasty.
- Italian Vegetable Soup. A hearty soup that’s not only tasty but also good for you, this Italian vegetable soup is fast and easy to make! Hearty broth loaded with chopped kale, cabbage, carrots, zucchini, celery, broccoli, and borlotti beans will fill you right up, yet still leave you wanting more!
- Italian Lentil Soup. Lentils and all the veggies combine to make not just a healthy, but also delicious Italian lentil soup. This soup can be served on top of fluffy rice or alongside crusty bread, and it’ll taste just as good!
- Italian Bean Soup. Looking for a hearty, savory comfort meal that’s full of flavor? Well, look no further! This Italian bean soup is easy to make, and it uses simple ingredients that you might find you already have in your kitchen.
- Pasta e Ceci (Italian Chickpea Soup) Whether you prefer this soup hearty or with more liquid, there’s no denying that the flavors combine superbly. This Italian chickpea soup is so easy and convenient to make, that all you’ll need is one pot to cook it in!
- Italian Potato Soup. Perfect for lunch or dinner, this hearty potato soup is easy to make. You can choose to add meat or keep it vegetarian or vegan, and it’ll taste great either way!
- Italian Fish Soup. Although quick and easy to make, this Italian fish soup is rich in flavor. As it’s mostly made with vegetables and fish, you can be sure it will be a healthy, filling meal!
EASY ITALIAN CHICKEN BEAN SOUP RECIPE | HEALTHY FITNESS …
5/5 (8)Total Time 30 minsCategory SoupCalories 286 per serving
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion, celery and carrots and season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are just tender, 5-6 minutes.
ITALIAN WHITE BEAN SOUP WITH SAUSAGE MEATBALLS - THE …
4.6/5 (33)Total Time 55 minsCategory DinnerCalories 349 per serving
- Grind a layer of black pepper on a dinner plate. I use a medium coarse grind. Scoop sausage meat with a small 1 inch scoop and roll into round balls, then roll the balls in the pepper to lightly coat. Add more pepper as needed.
- Lightly coat the bottom of a heavy soup pot with olive oil and heat until hot. Brown the sausage meatballs, in two batches, until browned all over, and then remove to a plate. I like to give the pot a shake and swirl right after adding the meatballs to keep them round and get all sides an initial browning.
- Add the onions, carrots, celery, and garlic to the pot and add more olive oil if needed. Saute for 10 minutes, stirring often, until the vegetables just start to soften.
- Add the broth, saffron, and herbs to the pot, along with the beans and meatballs. Give everything a good stir and bring up to a boil. Turn down the heat and simmer for 15 minutes, just until the vegetables are tender.
BEST ITALIAN MEATBALL SOUP WITH DITALINI AND WHITE BEANS ...
Category SoupTotal Time 2 hrs 30 minsEstimated Reading Time 3 mins
- In a large dutch oven or soup pot on the stovetop, heat the olive oil over medium high heat. Add the onion, garlic and red pepper flakes. Cook until the onions start to get transparent, about 3 - 4 minutes.
15 BEAN SOUP® WITH MINI MEATBALLS | HURST BEANS
Cuisine American, ItalianCategory Soup, Entree, American, Italian, Beef, PorkServings 12
- Rinse and sort through the dry beans, check for any unwanted debris and discard. (This recipe does not require a soak of the beans, just add them right into the pot in step below!)
- Using the Dutch oven with some remaining butter/fat from cooking the meatballs, turn heat to medium-high and add the onion, carrots, and celery. Cook for 5 minutes, then add the chicken stock & water. Using a spoon, scrape all of the brown bits stuck to the bottom of the pot.
- Add the meatballs, rinsed beans, and Italian seasoning (no tomatoes yet!). Bring the pot to a slow boil, then cover with the lid and place in oven.
EASY AND HEALTHY MEATBALL SOUP | HEALTHY FITNESS MEALS
5/5 (2)Total Time 55 minsCategory Main Course, SoupCalories 393 per serving
SAUSAGE MEATBALL KALE SOUP - WYSE GUIDE
4.5/5 (15)Calories 263 per servingCategory Soup
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in a 6-quart stockpot or Dutch oven. Add onion, celery, and salt. Slowly sauté until the onion and celery are translucent and soft, 4-6 minutes. Add garlic, red pepper, oregano, and basil. Stir and heat until garlic is fragrant, 1 minute.
CROCK POT ITALIAN BEAN MEATBALL SOUP | HURST BEANS
Cuisine Homestyle Favorites, Kids' Favorites, ItalianServings 8
- Next add the bay leaves, dried thyme, and dried basil to the crock pot. Open the Italian Seasoning pack and sprinkle it over the soup ingredients in the crock pot.
EASY HOMEMADE MEATBALL SOUP RECIPE - READY IN ONLY 1 HOUR!
5/5 (5)Total Time 1 hrCategory SoupCalories 582 per serving
- Add the olive oil, onions, carrots and garlic to a large pot and heat over medium heat until vegetables are beginning to soften, 5-7 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth, tomatoes, oregano, basil, bay leaves, meatballs and parmesan rind. Increase heat to medium high and bring to a boil.
- Once the liquid is boiling add the pasta and reduce heat to medium low. Cover and simmer for about 12 minutes, until pasta is el dente.
- Remove the bay leaves and parmesan rind, add the chopped herbs and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
ITALIAN WEDDING SOUP RECIPE | EATINGWELL
5/5 (14)Total Time 1 hr 30 minsCategory Healthy Turkey Meatballs RecipesCalories 284 per serving
- To prepare meatballs: Combine turkey, breadcrumbs, egg, parsley, garlic, Worcestershire, fennel seeds, pepper and salt in a large bowl. Refrigerate for 10 minutes to firm up. With damp hands, shape the mixture into 32 (1-inch) meatballs (about 1 scant tablespoon each).
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the meatballs and cook, turning occasionally, until browned on all sides, 7 to 9 minutes. Remove from the heat and add wine, stirring gently to loosen any browned bits.
- To prepare soup: Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a soup pot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add onion, carrots and celery and cook, stirring, until the onion is translucent, 7 to 9 minutes. Add cabbage and cook, stirring, 5 minutes more. Stir in broth, beans, escarole (or kale) and the meatballs and any juice. Bring just to a boil, reduce heat to maintain a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are tender, 20 to 25 minutes. Top each portion with 1 tablespoon grated cheese.
ITALIAN TURKEY MEATBALL MINESTRONE SOUP - SIMPLY SCRATCH
Servings 6Total Time 1 hrCategory Soups, Stews & Chilis
ITALIAN CHICKEN MEATBALL AND BEAN SOUP RECIPE
CROCK POT ITALIAN BEAN SOUP - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT ...
ITALIAN CHICKEN MEATBALL AND BEAN SOUP RECIPES
ITALIAN MEATBALL AND ESCAROLE SOUP - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT ...
ITALIAN CHICKEN MEATBALL SOUP RECIPE - ALL INFORMATION ...
GIADA SOUP RECIPE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY RECIPES ...
ITALIAN BLACK BEAN SOUP - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY ...
ITALIAN BEAN SOUP RECIPES - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY ...
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What goes well with Italian meatball soup?The addition of white cannellini beans adds more texture and healthy goodness. This luscious bowl of Italian Meatball Soup is a meal unto itself and a favorite comfort food from my childhood. One of the secrets to a great Italian Meatball Soup is to cook the Ditalini pasta separate from the soup.
How do you cook meatballs in a soup?Mix in the baking soda and cheese. Cover with saran wrap and let sit for an hour in the fridge. Roll the meat into small, spoon-size meatballs. Fry in batches over medium high heat in olive oil on all sides to a caramelized crust. Set aside to cool. You can also make these ahead of time and freeze them. Thaw before putting in the soup broth.
How long does it take to make chicken bean soup?This Italian chicken bean soup recipe is packed with vegetables and chicken along with two types of beans that are simmered together in a tomato broth. It is such an easy soup recipe with added chicken that can be made in about 30 minutes and it is so filling.
What is chicken bean soup made of?Full of vegetables, chicken and two kinds of beans, all simmered in a tomato broth. This one-pot meal is easy to make and a great option to add to your dinner table. This Italian chicken bean soup recipe is packed with vegetables and chicken along with two types of beans that are simmered together in a tomato broth.