MAKE-AHEAD CHICKEN DIVAN CASSEROLE
My entire family loves this dish. The word "casserole" is in the name since traditional chicken divan is made separate from the rice and served alongside it. This can be prepared a day or two in advance and baked before serving. Simplify the process by using leftover cooked rice and a store-bought cooked chicken.
Provided by Mod Mom
Categories Main Dish Recipes Casserole Recipes Chicken
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Combine Cheddar cheese and 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese in a bowl and set aside.
- Place a steamer insert into a saucepan and fill with water to just below the bottom of the steamer. Bring water to a boil. Add broccoli, cover, and steam until tender, 2 to 6 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms, onion, and garlic; saute until soft, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Whisk condensed soup, sour cream, milk, and mayonnaise together in a large bowl. Add 1/2 cup of the reserved Cheddar-Parmesan mixture and season with salt and pepper. Add the sauteed vegetables and stir to combine the sauce.
- Spread 1/2 cup of the sauce onto the bottom of a 9x13-inch casserole dish. Add cooked rice as the bottom layer. Add cooked broccoli as the next layer, and then layer on the cooked chicken. Cover with remaining sauce. Pat down evenly and smooth with a spatula.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining Cheddar-Parmesan mixture, plus extra Parmesan if desired, and continue to bake until browned, about 15 minutes more.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 497.1 calories, Carbohydrate 21 g, Cholesterol 110.4 mg, Fat 29.2 g, Fiber 1.8 g, Protein 37.3 g, SaturatedFat 12.5 g, Sodium 620.8 mg, Sugar 3.2 g
MAKE-AHEAD CHICKEN CASSEROLE
"This hearty entree offers a great way to use up leftover turkey or chicken. Whenever I make it, someone asks for the recipe." Best of all, you can fix it ahead to simplify mealtime. -Sue Kennedy, Galloway, Ohio
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Prepare stuffing according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute mushrooms and onion in butter until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer., In a large bowl, combine the chicken, corn, broccoli, soup, milk, sour cream, mayonnaise, pepper and mushroom mixture; transfer to a greased 13-in x 9-in. baking dish. Top with stuffing. Cover and refrigerate overnight., Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Cover and bake at 350° for 35 minutes. Uncover and bake 10-15 minutes longer or until stuffing is lightly browned. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 501 calories, Fat 26g fat (9g saturated fat), Cholesterol 90mg cholesterol, Sodium 918mg sodium, Carbohydrate 41g carbohydrate (10g sugars, Fiber 4g fiber), Protein 26g protein.
MAKE-AHEAD CHICKEN & RICE BAKE RECIPE BY TASTY
Here's what you need: butter, medium onion, garlic, carrots, celery, rotisserie chicken, white long grain rice, cream of chicken soup, chicken stock, salt, pepper, breadcrumb
Provided by Claire Nolan
Yield 12 servings
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C).
- In a skillet, melt butter, and cook onion, garlic, carrots, and celery until tender.
- Transfer to a 9" x 13" (23 cm x 33 cm) disposable casserole dish, or split among 2 smaller dishes.
- Add chicken, rice, soup, stock, salt, and pepper. Mix thoroughly, and cover with foil.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil, top with bread crumbs if desired, and bake an additional 10 minutes. Or, bake for 30 minutes, let cool completely, cover, and freeze up to 2 months.
- To reheat, let thaw in the refrigerator during the day. Bake as directed above.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 428 calories, Carbohydrate 47 grams, Fat 19 grams, Fiber 2 grams, Protein 13 grams, Sugar 5 grams
MAKE-AHEAD CHEESY SOUTHWEST CHICKEN AND PASTA CASSEROLE
Plan ahead and put this party-ready casserole in the freezer for your next big get-together! Once it's thawed, top with tortilla chips, and bake for a cheesy-crunchy crowd pleaser that packs tons of flavor and just the right amount of heat.
Provided by By Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 18
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray bottom and sides of 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- In 4-quart saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in onion, bell pepper, poblano and jalapeño chiles; cook about 6 minutes or until vegetables are softened. Stir in flour and taco seasoning mix; cook and stir 1 minute. Gradually beat in broth with whisk. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly; boil and stir 1 minute. Remove from heat; stir in cream cheese and Cheddar cheese.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta as directed on package for minimum cook time. Drain; stir pasta into sauce with chicken, frozen corn and black beans. Pour pasta mixture into baking dish, and pour enchilada sauce over top.
- Bake 15 minutes. Remove from oven, and sprinkle with tortilla chips. Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until heated through and sauce is bubbling around edges. Let stand 15 minutes before serving. Garnish with cilantro and red onion just before serving.
- To freeze: Line 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with foil, making sure foil is as smooth as possible, as wrinkled foil may get stuck in sauce during freezing process. Leave enough overhang to lift casserole out of dish. Spray foil with cooking spray. Cover and refrigerate sauce 30 to 40 minutes before assembling casserole. Mix sauce with cooked pasta, chicken, frozen corn and beans; spread in lined baking dish (do not add enchilada sauce); cover tightly with another layer of foil. Freeze unbaked casserole about 8 hours or until completely frozen. Transfer frozen casserole to labeled 2-gallon resealable freezer plastic bag. Remove air; seal and freeze up to three months. To bake: Remove foil, and transfer to 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish sprayed with cooking spray. Cover and thaw in refrigerator until completely thawed, at least 48 hours. Heat oven to 350°F. Remove cover, and top with enchilada sauce. Bake 20 minutes; top with crushed tortilla chips. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until heated through and bubbly around edges (165°F in center). Let stand 15 minutes. Top with cilantro and red onion just before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 490, Carbohydrate 61 g, Cholesterol 55 mg, Fat 2 1/2, Fiber 7 g, Protein 21 g, SaturatedFat 8 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 910 mg, Sugar 5 g, TransFat 0 g
MAKE -AHEAD CHICKEN (OR TURKEY) CASSEROLE
I tried this one over the weekend to good "reviews" from my family. It's a little putzy, but I saved some time by cooking the rice and chicken at the same time, then making the sauce while the chicken cooled, then doing the veggies after I did the chicken. At any rate - it was worth the putzing. It says it serves six, but with us all going back for more,it was almost gone.
Provided by HEP MEP
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 19
- In a saucepan, bring broth to a boil. Add rice,and cook on low till liquid is absorbed - about 20 minutes. Place in a lightly oiled or sprayed 4-quart casserole.
- While rice is cooking, make Parmesan Cheese sauce and set aside.
- Preheat oven to *350. In a skillet melt butter. Add the mushrooms.bell pepper,onion,and almonds. Saute until soft-about 5 minutes.
- Stir in parsley and basil.Add to the rice in the casserole along with the chicken and Parmesan Cheese sauce and mix well. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake,covered, until bubbly - about 45 minutes. Serve immediately.
- PARMESAN CHEESE SAUCE.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt butter or margarine.Add flour and salt and stir until blended. Add broth and stir until slightly thickened. Add milk,wine and Parmesan cheese, and stir until smooth and flavors are blended - about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in sour cream.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 350.4, Fat 19.1, SaturatedFat 10.4, Cholesterol 41.8, Sodium 588.7, Carbohydrate 34.2, Fiber 1.8, Sugar 1.9, Protein 10.2
More about "make ahead chicken casserole recipes"
20 BEST CHICKEN CASSEROLE RECIPES - FOOD NETWORK
8 MAKE-AHEAD CASSEROLE RECIPES | CHICKEN.CA
Estimated Reading Time 1 min
MAKE AHEAD CHICKEN DINNERS - BBC FOOD
MAKE AHEAD CHICKEN DIVAN - PUDGE FACTOR
KID FRIENDLY EASTER SIDE DISHES - MIDWAYCOC.ORG
MAKE-AHEAD MEAL: CHICKEN ALFREDO CASSEROLE - MAKE AND TAKES
45 CHICKEN FREEZER MEALS - TASTE OF HOME
MAKE-AHEAD CASSEROLES THAT TAKE THE STRESS OUT OF …
CHICKEN CASSEROLES FREEZER MEAL PLAN - MAKE-AHEAD MEAL …
TOP 20 QUICK AND EASY CHICKEN CASSEROLE RECIPES
CHICKEN & SPINACH PASTA BAKE RECIPE: MAKE AHEAD DINNERS
10 BEST MAKE AHEAD CHICKEN BREASTS RECIPES | YUMMLY
MAKE AHEAD CHICKEN CASSEROLE - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
THE BEST FREEZABLE CHICKEN RECIPES FOR EVERY NIGHT OF THE WEEK
9 MAKE-AHEAD SUPER BOWL CASSEROLES | FOOD & WINE
MAKE-AND-FREEZE CASSEROLES | ALLRECIPES
BEST CHICKEN ALFREDO RECIPE! - MAKE-AHEAD MEAL MOM
15 EASY MAKE-AHEAD CASSEROLES - THE SPRUCE EATS
MAKE-AHEAD CHICKEN ENCHILADA CASSEROLE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
BEST OUR TOP MAKE-AHEAD CHICKEN RECIPES RECIPES, NEWS, TIPS …
BEST MAKE AHEAD CHICKEN AND WILD RICE CASSEROLE - THE FRESH …
DINNER RECIPES: MAKE-AHEAD CASSEROLES | SOUTHERN LIVING
EASY CHICKEN MAKE-AHEAD RECIPE • CHEAPSKATE COOK
MAKE-AHEAD CHICKEN CASSEROLE RECIPE | CDKITCHEN.COM
CHICKEN BACON RANCH CASSEROLE + VIDEO (MAKE AHEAD FRIENDLY!)
MILLION DOLLAR CHICKEN CASSEROLE - PLAIN CHICKEN
HEALTHY CHICKEN CASSEROLE RECIPES | EATINGWELL
THESE EASY MAKE-AHEAD CASSEROLES ARE PERFECT FOR A BUSY NIGHT
CASSEROLE RECIPES TO MAKE AHEAD FOR BUSY NIGHTS - MAMA LOVES …
THESE 30 MAKE-AHEAD CASSEROLES ARE PERFECT FOR THE HOLIDAYS
CHICKEN ALFREDO PASTA BAKE | EASY WEEKNIGHT RECIPES
CHICKEN HASHBROWN CASSEROLE - CHEFS & RECIPES
BEST CHICKEN ENCHILADA CASSEROLE (MAKE AHEAD & FREEZER …
ROBIN'S HEALTHY TAKE: MAKE-AHEAD CASSEROLES - FOOD NETWORK
"MAKE AHEAD" CHICKEN CASSEROLE - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
EASY CHICKEN CASSEROLE RECIPE - TASTES BETTER FROM SCRATCH
MAKE-AHEAD CASSEROLE RECIPES FOR WEEKNIGHT DINNERS - MARTHA …
MAKE AHEAD CHICKEN AND RICE CASSEROLE - THERESCIPES.INFO
KING RANCH CHICKEN CASSEROLE (EASY RECIPE) - INSANELY GOOD
PAULA DEEN BREAKFAST CASSEROLE (EASY RECIPE) - INSANELY GOOD
21 BEST CHICKEN CASSEROLE RECIPES FOR A CROWD
THE BEST CREAMY CHICKEN SPAGHETTI FROM SCRATCH - LITTLE SUNNY …
DINNER IS EASY TONIGHT WITH THESE MAKE-AHEAD CHICKEN …
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love