- Bring water, salt, and butter to a boil.
- Stir in rice with a fork.
- Bring back to a boil, then cut heat to simmer.
- Cover (do not take off lid to check on rice, or stir, you may get gummy rice, if you do!) and cook for 15 minutes.
PERFECT JASMINE RICE
- Put the rice in a medium bowl and fill with cold water. Gently agitate the rice to loosen any dust and sediment clinging to the rice and drain through a fine mesh sieve. Repeat 2 more times.
- Transfer the rice to a medium saucepan and shake the pan to level the rice. Add enough water so that when you place the tip of your index finger on the top of the rice, the water comes up to the first crease (joint) of your finger. Cover the pot with a tight-fitting lid and place over high heat. As soon as the rice comes to a boil, reduce the heat to low and cook for 20 minutes. Transfer the rice to a large bowl and fluff with a heatproof spatula.
- Rinse and drain rice in cold water to remove starch and impurities. Place drained rice and the cold water in a heavy saucepan. Bring the water to a rolling boil, uncovered, over high heat.
- Stir, reduce the heat to low, cover the pan tightly, and cook for 20 minutes. Remove the covered pan from the heat and let stand 10 minutes without removing the lid.
- Remove the lid and fluff the rice gently with a fork or rice paddle. Serve warm.
- In a large saucepan over a medium-low heat, warm the oil. Add onion and saute for 3 to 5 minutes. Mix in green peas, bay leaf, and jasmine rice. Stir to coat the rice.
- Pour 3 cups water into the saucepan and add the salt. Increase the heat to medium and let the rice come to a quick simmer. Reduce heat to low and let rice simmer lightly and sit uncovered until all of the liquid is absorbed. Cover the rice and remove from heat. Let sit for about 40 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 325.1 calories, Carbohydrate 59.4 g, Fat 6.8 g, Fiber 1.4 g, Protein 5.3 g, SaturatedFat 0.9 g, Sodium 0.8 mg, Sugar 0.2 g
JASMINE TEA RICE
- Bring 2 1/4 cups water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Remove from heat, and add tea; cover, and let steep 5 minutes. Strain; discard tea leaves, and reserve brewed tea.
- Return brewed tea to saucepan; add salt. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Add rice; cover, and reduce heat to low. Cook until tea has been absorbed and rice is tender, about 15 minutes. Fluff with a fork. Serve immediately.
- In a small saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add lemongrass, shallot, and garlic; cook, stirring, until fragrant and translucent, about 1 minute.
- Add rice and mix to coat with oil; cook until slightly toasted, about 1 minute. Add 1 cup water, stock, and salt; stir to combine. Cover and cook until liquid is absorbed and rice is cooked through, about 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let stand, covered, 5 to 10 minutes. Fluff with a fork and garnish with scallions; serve immediately.
More about "jasmine rice recipes"
10 BEST FLAVORING JASMINE RICE RECIPES | YUMMLY
7 JASMINE RICE RECIPES YOU CAN MAKE IN 15 MINUTES OR …
Estimated Reading Time 5 mins
- Thai basil chicken and rice. The sauces and spices are absolutely key for this dish; otherwise, you'll just end up with flavorless chicken and rice. Here's what to have on hand: garlic, Thai red chilis, onion, dark soy sauce, fish sauce, oyster sauce, and Thai basil.
- One-pot vegetable rice. If you have jasmine rice, vegetable stock, and some frozen mixed veggies on hand, you're 90 percent on your way to making this easy dinner.
- Instant Pot cranberry pistachio jasmine rice. Cranberries definitely deserve more love than just on Thanksgiving. Here, the seasonal fruit is combined with protein-rich pistachios and, of course, the jasmine rice—all made in the Instant Pot.
- One-pan shrimp and rice. It's always a bonus when you can throw all the ingredients for your dinner into the same dish and cook it all together—which is exactly what goes down in this recipe for shrimp and rice.
- Chinese rice soup. Some nights just call for a piping hot bowl of soup and jasmine rice works similarly to noodles making any soup heartier. Here, it's combined in the broth with white fish, choy sum (a leafy green veggie), onion, garlic, ginger, sesame oil, and soy sauce.
- Easy congee with rice and chicken. A classic meal in China and other parts of East Asia, congee is traditionally a stick-to-your-bones nourishing breakfast, but this recipe is well-rounded enough that it works just as well for dinner, too.
- Turmeric jasmine rice with leftover chicken. The inspiration for this recipe was finding a super quick way to use up leftover chicken, but if you're vegetarian or vegan, it works just as well with tofu, too.
JASMINE RICE RECIPES - NYT COOKING
BASIC JASMINE RICE RECIPE - BBC FOOD
SPRING JASMINE RICE WITH PEAS | THE FANCY PANTS KITCHEN
HOW TO COOK PERFECT JASMINE RICE ON THE STOVETOP - SIMPLE
JASMINE RICE - BEST RECIPES EVER - CBC
WHAT IS JASMINE RICE — HOW TO COOK IT, STORE IT, AND EAT IT | KITCHN
BROWN JASMINE RICE RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
PERFECT JASMINE RICE - ONCE UPON A CHEF
HOW TO COOK PERFECT JASMINE RICE | TILDA
EASY JASMINE RICE RECIPES & MEAL IDEAS | HELLOFRESH
THE BEST WAYS TO USE JASMINE RICE | TASTE OF HOME
20 RECIPES FOR JASMINE RICE » FAST AND FUN MEALS
HOW TO COOK JASMINE RICE | ALLRECIPES
HOW TO COOK JASMINE RICE – A COUPLE COOKS
JASMINE RICE RECIPES | MYRECIPES
HOW TO COOK JASMINE RICE: STOVE TOP, INSTANT POT, RICE COOKER
PERFECT JASMINE RICE RECIPE | REAL SIMPLE
INSTANT POT JASMINE RICE - PERFECT EVERY TIME! - THE RECIPE REBEL
WHAT IS JASMINE RICE? - THE SPRUCE EATS
HOW TO COOK PERFECT, FLUFFY JASMINE RICE - HUNGRY HUY
JASMINE RICE | RECIPETIN EATS
THE BEST WAY TO COOK JASMINE RICE TO PERFECTION | SOUTHERN LIVING
LEMON JASMINE RICE — MORE THAN GOURMET
YELLOW JASMINE RICE - BUDGET BYTES
10 BEST JASMINE RICE WITH VEGETABLES RECIPES | YUMMLY
HOW TO MAKE FLUFFY INSTANT POT JASMINE RICE | DIETHOOD
TOASTED JASMINE RICE RECIPE | COOKING LIGHT
COOK JASMINE RICE ON THE STOVE, THREE WAYS - RED HOUSE SPICE
HOW TO COOK JASMINE RICE, 3 WAYS | TASTE OF HOME
32 JASMINE RICE RECIPES IDEAS - PINTEREST
JASMINE RICE - CHEF JEAN PIERRE
JASMINE RICE | RICARDO
HOW TO MAKE JASMINE RICE IN A RICE COOKER: 12 STEPS - WIKIHOW
FLUFFY PERFECT JASMINE RICE (STOVE-TOP METHOD) - ALPHAFOODIE
JASMINE RICE & THE TASTIEST ASIAN RECIPES OUT THERE
HOW TO MAKE THAI JASMINE RICE ON THE STOVETOP
HOW TO COOK JASMINE RICE IN MICROWAVE – MICROWAVE MEAL PREP
JASMINE RICE RECIPE | HELLOFRESH
SIMPLE ASIAN RICE - BAREFEET IN THE KITCHEN
JASMINE RICE RECIPES - BBC FOOD
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #low-protein #healthy #5-ingredients-or-less #side-dishes #rice #asian #easy #low-fat #dietary #low-cholesterol #low-saturated-fat #comfort-food #low-in-something #pasta-rice-and-grains #medium-grain-rice #taste-mood
You'll also love