KFC ORIGINAL RECIPE CHICKEN (COPYCAT)
My reverse-engineered recipe for replicating KFC's 'Original Recipe' chicken at home. Yields 8-10 pieces whole fried chicken, or up to 16 drumsticks. For a bulk mix seasoning for quick and easy breading, use Recipe #453973. PLEASE NOTE: The Nutritional Information listing here is inaccurate -- since only a fraction of flour and salt actually end up in the finished product. So be aware -- the suggested sodium, sugar, carbohydrate and calorie levels are ridiculously exaggerated!
Provided by The Spice Guru
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 21
- NOTES: FOR AUTHENTIC RESULTS, PREPARE RECIPE EXACTLY AS DIRECTED. MSG (ACCENT SEASONING) IS IN THE ACTUAL ORIGINAL RECIPE, BUT MAY BE OMITTED IF NECESSARY. EGG WHITE POWDER IS SOLD IN HEALTH FOOD STORES. YOU MAY SUBSTITUTE EGG WHITE POWDER WITH CORNSTARCH. FINELY GRIND REQUIRED HERBS AND SPICES SEPARATELY IN A CLEAN SPICE MILL OR COFFEE GRINDER. USE A PEPPER MILL TO MEDIUM-GRIND TELLICHERRY PEPPERCORNS. I RECOMMEND MCCORMICK BRAND TELLICHERRY BLACK PEPPER AND GROUND GINGER, SPICE ISLANDS BRAND GROUND SAGE AND CARDAMOM, SPICE APPEAL BRAND GROUND SAVORY, AND WILLIAMS-SONOMA BRAND GROUND TAHITIAN VANILLA BEAN. CHICKEN NOTES: DO NOT DOUBLE-BREAD CHICKEN SINCE IT PLACES AN EXCESS OF SODIUM AND SPICES ONTO FINAL PRODUCT AND COMPROMISES AUTHENTICITY (IF YOU INSIST ON DOUBLE-BREADING, DIFFUSE THE BREADING MIX FIRST BY ADDING A LITTLE MORE UNSEASONED FLOUR). BRINING BONELESS CHICKEN SHOULD BE DONE MUCH MORE QUICKLY (NO MORE THAN 45 MINUTES, TO AVOID OVER-SATURATION OF SALT). BONELESS CHICKEN COOKS MUCH MORE QUICKLY THAN BONE-IN CHICKEN (BE CAREFUL TO NOT OVERCOOK!). FRYING FAT NOTES: ALWAYS BEGIN WITH FRESH VEGETABLE OIL. AFTER USING LET IT COOL. FILTER, THEN REFRIGERATE TIGHTLY SEALED TO YIELD 6-12 FRYING BATCHES, REPLENISHING OIL AS NEEDED.
- RINSE and blot chicken; CUT chicken into 8 pieces (or 10 pieces with breast portions cut in half); MIX 2 quarts (8 cups) cups cold water with 2 tablespoons Morton Lite Salt (OR 2 tablespoons fine sea salt), and 2 teaspoons Accent seasoning in a large container with an accompanying lid, until dissolved; ADD chicken pieces; COVER and transfer to refrigerator; MARINATE chicken at least 4 hours in refrigerator. NOTE: FOR A QUICKER STOVETOP MARINATION METHOD, PIERCE CHICKEN PIECES WELL WITH A FORK, THEN HEAT THE MARINADE WITH CHICKEN, COVERED, OVER LOW HEAT UNTIL HEATED THROUGH, TURNING ONCE).
- MEASURE the BASE MIXTURE and 11 SECRET HERBS AND SPICES into a large re-sealable container; BREAK up any clumps (and nonfat milk granules) using the back of a spoon; SEAL the container with mixture; SHAKE to mix well; OPEN container and add the BREADING FLOUR (2 cups unbleached bread flour), then seal the container again; SHAKE well until thoroughly combined.
- REMOVE chicken from brine; PLACE one piece chicken at a time into the breading mixture container; SEAL container firmly; SHAKE chicken gently in all motions to thoroughly coat chicken until evenly and generously breaded; PLACE breaded chicken piece onto a rack to rest; REPEAT with remaining pieces chicken; ALLOW breaded chicken to absorb the breading for a few minutes before frying.
- ADD the manufacturer's recommended amount frying oil for deep-frying; PLACE deep-fryer basket into place in deep-fryer; PREHEAT fryer to 315°F (or preheat enough fat to immerse chicken completely in deep heavy stovetop pot between 315°F to 325°F, using a standard deep-fryer thermometer to gauge).
- CAREFULLY drop each piece breaded chicken one at a time, gently into the deep-fryer basket without crowding (if a standard size home fryer is used, add no more than 2-3 pieces at a time); (if stovetop frying, gently place breaded chicken pieces into hot oil using tongs, turning once halfway through frying duration).
- FRY chicken between 15-18 minutes until golden brown and fully cooked, depending on chicken portions/sizes (juices should run clear when chicken is done); BLOT chicken lightly to absorb excess oil; PLACE cooked chicken into a large resealable container to steam (the steam will soften the breading for added Original Recipe authenticity. If you prefer crisp breading, skip this procedure).
- MAINTAIN frying fat temperature for each new batch and repeat the same cooking/steaming procedures for the remaining chicken.
- REHEAT chicken if necessary before serving in a microwave oven, using a reduced-power setting, as if reheating 2 frozen pastries, pausing in intervals to turn chicken for even heating if necessary.
- SERVE and enjoy!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 438.1, Fat 13.2, SaturatedFat 3.6, Cholesterol 54.1, Sodium 2701.2, Carbohydrate 55.3, Fiber 3.4, Sugar 2, Protein 23.5
NAKED ORIGINAL KENTUCKY FRIED CHICKEN (KFC COPYCAT RECIPE)
Buttermilk soaked, cast-iron fried, an oven-finished; this skinless KFC copycat of the Colonel's Original Recipe Fried Chicken is moist, tender, and Amazing.
Provided by Renee
Categories Main Course
Number Of Ingredients 19
- Combine 1 cup buttermilk and 1 teaspoon Sriracha. The Sriracha it totally optional, but I think it adds another subtle layer of heat to the chicken.
- Soak skinless chicken pieces in buttermilk mixture for at least 4 hours, or preferably overnight.
- Combine the dry herbs, spices, and brown sugar in the jar of a small food processor (or clean coffee grinder) and pulverize until uniform in texture.
- In a large self-sealing plastic bag or medium bowl, combine flour and pulverized spice mix. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine egg and the second cup of buttermilk. Set aside.
- Remove chicken from buttermilk pre-soak. Discard any remaining buttermilk mixture from the Soak.
- Dip each piece of chicken in the egg and buttermilk mixture and shake once to remove excess. Drop into bag or bowl of Chicken Mix and dredge to coat. Remove with tongs and rest on wire rack while you complete dredging the rest of the chicken pieces.
- Allow chicken to rest at least 10 minutes on rack. [See Notes]
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a heavy sheet pan with foil and set aside. (I like to spray the foil with a little cooking spray to alleviate sticking)
- Pour 1/3-1/2 inch of oil into a deep cast iron or other heavy skillet. Heat skillet over medium heat until the oil reaches a temperature of 350°- 360° F. You can also use an electric skillet for this step. In this case, set the temperature to 325°F.
- Fry chicken in batches for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until golden brown. Remove from oil and set on wire rack while you finish the rest of the chicken. Allow oil to come back up to temperature between batches.
- Place the fried chicken on the prepared sheet pan and place in preheated oven. Bake for 20-30 minutes, or until chicken is done and juices run clear. Breasts will take 30-40 minutes, legs and thighs 20-25, and wings 10-15 minutes.
- Remove chicken to a clean wire rack and allow it to rest for at 10 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : ServingSize 1 piece, Calories 404 kcal, Carbohydrate 27 g, Protein 27 g, Fat 20 g, SaturatedFat 6 g, Cholesterol 111 mg, Sodium 2478 mg, Fiber 2 g, Sugar 5 g
KENTUCKY FRIED CHICKEN RECIPE
- Mix together all the coating ingredients and place in a clean plastic bag. Dip each piece into beaten egg, then into the flour mixture in the bag. Coat the chicken completely with the flour mixture.
- Place the oil in a skillet and heat. Brown the chicken in oil slowly (225ºF if you are using an electric skillet), uncovered. Cover the skillet and continue to fry at a very low heat until the chicken is fully cooked, approximately 30 minutes. Check for doneness before removing the chicken from the skillet. It may need longer to cook on slow heat.
- Drain well on paper towels.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 630 kcal, Carbohydrate 52 g, Protein 40 g, Fat 27 g, SaturatedFat 8 g, TransFat 1 g, Cholesterol 204 mg, Sodium 2507 mg, Fiber 2 g, Sugar 1 g, ServingSize 1 serving
KENTUCKY TOMATO SOUP
This creamy tomato soup is delicious and has a twist - the addition of strong, black coffee. This is the perfect summer dish for using freshly picked tomatoes from the garden. Remember - the better the quality of the tomatoes, the better the taste of the soup.
Provided by LAGIRL
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Melt the butter in a stock pot over medium heat. Stir in the onion, carrots, celery, garlic, and parsley; cook and stir until the onion has softened and turned translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the tomatoes, tomato sauce, coffee, water, sugar, salt, and pepper. Bring the soup to a boil and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Pour the hot soup into a blender, filling the pitcher no more than halfway full. Hold down the lid of the blender with a folded kitchen towel, and carefully start the blender, using a few quick pulses to get the soup moving before leaving it on to puree. Puree in batches until smooth and pour into a clean pot. Stir in the cream and heat until warm. Do not boil.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 142 calories, Carbohydrate 10.5 g, Cholesterol 33.4 mg, Fat 11 g, Fiber 2.5 g, Protein 2.2 g, SaturatedFat 6.7 g, Sodium 654.2 mg, Sugar 6 g
KENTUCKY FRIED CHICKEN SEASONING MIX
- Mix all together.
- Take pieces of chicken and dip in slightly beaten raw egg.
- Roll in spices.
- Fry chicken in oil.
- Bake in foil,metal or glass pan in a 350F degrees oven for 45 minutes.
More about "kentucky fried chicken soup recipes"
HERE'S KFC'S SECRET RECIPE TO EXTRA CRISPY FRIED CHICKEN
KENTUCKY FRIED CHICKEN COPYCAT RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
29 HEARTY CHICKEN SOUP RECIPES - THE SPRUCE EATS
KENTUCKY HOMESTEAD CHICKEN & RICE SOUP - RECIPES
MAKE KFC'S FRIED CHICKEN WITH THIS SECRET RECIPE
EASY COPYCAT KFC CHICKEN RECIPE - MASHED.COM
KFC STYLE FRIED CHICKEN - KFC RECIPE
HOMEMADE KFC RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE KENTUCKY FRIED …
50+ CHICKEN SOUP RECIPES FROM SCRATCH THAT’LL WARM THE …
KENTUCKY-STYLE FRIED CHICKEN | CHICKEN RECIPES | JAMIE …
COPYCAT KENTUCKY FRIED CHICKEN RECIPE · THE TYPICAL …
KENTUCKY FRIED CHICKEN RECIPE – 11 HERBS AND SPICES
COPYCAT KFC ORIGINAL FRIED CHICKEN RECIPE - FLAVORITE
KFC CHICKEN COPYCAT [VIDEO] - SWEET AND SAVORY MEALS
HOMEMADE KENTUCKY FRIED CHICKEN - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
KENTUCKY FRIED CHICKEN SOUP! | RECIPE | KENTUCKY FRIED, FRIED …
KENTUCKY GAL'S FRIED CHICKEN - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
HOW TO FRY CHICKEN THE KENTUCKY WAY - DELISHABLY
KENTUCKY FRIED CHICKEN | AMERICAN RECIPES | GOODTO
FINGER LICKING GOOD FRIED CHICKEN - CHEF SOUS CHEF
HOMEMADE KFC FRIED CHICKEN RECIPE | SIDECHEF
KENTUCKY FRIED CHICKEN MENU PRICES
KENTUCKY FRIED CHICKEN BISCUITS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
CHICKEN RECIPES - CHUNKY IN KENTUCKY
KENTUCKY FRIED CHICKEN RECIPE - GRIT
KENTUCKY FRIED CHICKEN - RECIPES | COOKS.COM
KFC FRIED CHICKEN - COPYKAT RECIPES
FRIED CHICKEN SOUP RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
KENTUCKY FRIED CHICKEN NOODLES RECIPES | SPARKRECIPES
KENTUCKY FRIED CHICKEN RECIPE - WATCH EBOOK RECIPE VIDEOS
KENTUCKY FRIED CHICKEN | ORDER DELIVERY & CARRYOUT - KFC
KENTUCKY FRIED CHICKEN LIVERS - THE SOUTHERN LADY COOKS
CHICKEN SOUP RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
KENTUCKY FRIED CHICKEN RECIPE - TITLI'S BUSY KITCHEN
FRIED CHICKEN WITH CREAM OF CHICKEN SOUP RECIPES - YUMMLY
DEEP-FRIED STEW RECIPES | FOOD, DEEP FRIED, KENTUCKY FRIED
WOMAN’S COPYCAT ‘KENTUCKY FRIED CHICKEN’ RECIPE FOOLS EVEN THE …
KFC FRIED CHICKEN RECIPE
KENTUCKY FRIED CHICKEN SOUP - FOOD NEWS
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is the recipe for Kentucky Fried Chicken?Kentucky Fried Chicken Recipe. Ingredients. 1 whole chicken, cut into pieces. 2 to 3 eggs, beaten. 3 to 4 tablespoons oil for frying. For the coating: 2 cups flour. 4 teaspoons paprika.
How do you make chicken soup mix?Make the filling, by first by placing the cut carrots, and the potatoes into a small pot, covering with water. Cook over medium heat for about 8 to 10 minutes or until the vegetables are just tender. In a medium sized pot combine the cans of chicken soup mix, and milk. Heat through, and stir until the soup is heated through.
What are the ingredients in KFC fried chicken?Recipe Type: Chicken Tags: fried chicken, k.f.c chicken, kentucky fried chicken recipe, kfc chicken recipe Ingredients: Celery Salt, egg, flour, Garlic Salt, Oil, Onion Salt, Oregano, Paprika, Pepper, Poultry Seasoning, salt, Tarragon, thyme, Whole Chicken.
How do you make fried chicken with flour and egg?Mix together all the coating ingredients and place in a clean plastic bag. Dip each piece into beaten egg, then into the flour mixture in the bag. Coat the chicken completely with the flour mixture. Place the oil in a skillet and heat. Brown the chicken in oil slowly (225ºF if you are using an electric skillet), uncovered.