WALDORF SALAD II
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, sugar, lemon juice, and salt.
- Stir in the apples, celery, walnuts, and raisins. Chill until ready to serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 278.9 calories, Carbohydrate 23.8 g, Cholesterol 7 mg, Fat 21.1 g, Fiber 3 g, Protein 2.3 g, SaturatedFat 2.8 g, Sodium 170.8 mg, Sugar 17.2 g
The all-American Waldorf Salad first gained popularity in the 19th century at the Waldorf Astoria Hotel. Made with simple ingredients, this classic makes for a great lunch or brunch dish with a refined touch.
Provided by Elise Bauer
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Serve: Spoon salad onto a bed of fresh lettuce and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 301 kcal, Carbohydrate 25 g, Cholesterol 1 mg, Fiber 5 g, Protein 6 g, SaturatedFat 2 g, Sodium 311 mg, Sugar 17 g, Fat 22 g, ServingSize Serves 4, UnsaturatedFat 0 g
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spread the nuts on a baking sheet and toast in the oven for 8 to 10 minutes. Cool and break the nuts up into small pieces.
- Whisk the yogurt, mayonnaise, parsley, honey, and lemon zest in a large bowl and season generously with pepper.
- Halve, core, and cut the apples into 3/4-inch pieces, leaving the skin intact. Add the apples, celery and raisins to the bowl, and sprinkle with the lemon juice; then toss with the dressing. Cover and refrigerate if not serving immediately.
- When ready to serve, toss walnuts into the salad. Arrange the lettuce leaves on a large platter, or divide them among 4 salad plates. Place the salad on the lettuce and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 221 calorie, Fat 11 grams, SaturatedFat 1 grams, Cholesterol 3 milligrams, Sodium 98 milligrams, Carbohydrate 31 grams, Fiber 5 grams, Protein 5 grams, Sugar 22 grams
MOM'S WALDORF SALAD
- Whisk together the buttermilk, mayonnaise, chives, vinegar, sugar, lemon juice and 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper in a small bowl. Combine the walnuts, celery and apples in a separate large bowl. Pour three-quarters of the dressing over the celery-apple mixture and toss to coat. Let stand for 5 minutes at room temperature, then toss again. Adjust the seasoning as desired. Add the remaining dressing and toss again. Serve at room temperature.
THE ORIGINAL WALDORF SALAD
"Millions who never visited the Waldorf owe him a debt," The New York Times wrote in 1950, upon Oscar Tschirky's death. Mr. Tschirky, a Swiss immigrant who became known as "Oscar of the Waldorf," is credited with creating this piece of Americana in 1893, a timeless dish whose popularity has spread far past the Waldorf's exclusive doors and into home kitchens. Over time, variations would include blue cheese, raisins and chopped walnuts, which can be added here alongside the celery and apples. But the original is an exercise in simplicity: four ingredients that have lived on for over a century.
Provided by The New York Times
Yield 1 serving (as a main course)
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Peel apple and cut into halves. Remove core and slice halves 1/4-inch thick. Reserve 4 slices. Cut remaining slices into thin strips.
- In a medium bowl, mix celery, mayonnaise and apple strips; season with salt and pepper to taste. Arrange on lettuce and top with apple slices.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 517, UnsaturatedFat 38 grams, Carbohydrate 30 grams, Fat 45 grams, Fiber 7 grams, Protein 2 grams, SaturatedFat 7 grams, Sodium 909 milligrams, Sugar 20 grams
- Place apples, celery, and grapes in a medium bowl, and toss with juice of half the lemon. In another bowl, whisk together yogurt, mustard, honey, and juice of remaining half lemon. Pour half of the dressing over the apple mixture, tossing to combine. Serve over greens, drizzling remaining dressing over salad. Garnish the salad with chopped walnuts and snipped chives.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 82 g, Fat 3 g, Fiber 2 g, Protein 3 g, Sodium 46 g
Apples, nuts and celery-a classic combination. The best part? You need only 10 minutes to throw it all together!
Provided by Betty Crocker Kitchens
Categories Side Dish
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Mix mayonnaise, lemon juice and milk in medium bowl.
- Stir in apples, celery and nuts. Serve on salad greens. Cover and refrigerate any remaining salad.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 305, Carbohydrate 14 g, Cholesterol 15 mg, Fat 5, Fiber 3 g, Protein 2 g, SaturatedFat 4 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 180 mg
This is the original Waldorf Salad recipe which I clipped out of the newspaper several years ago. My mother made this salad often--it must have been a favorite of hers also. Newer versions have left out some of the ingredients which add variety in texture and taste. It's a classic American salad which was developed by the Waldorf Astoria Hotel in New York City.
Provided by Mary Leverington
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Combine first six ingredients; sprinkle lemon juice on top.
- Combine gently--best to use your hands to mix.
- Mix mayonnaise with sugar and cream and stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Dress the salad with this.
- Chill before serving.
- Can be prepared several hours ahead of time if necessary.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 172.8, Fat 8.1, SaturatedFat 1.6, Cholesterol 5.5, Sodium 23.2, Carbohydrate 25.8, Fiber 2.7, Sugar 18.1, Protein 2.4
This simple apple salad got its name from the luxurious Waldorf-Astoria Hotel in New York. Invented in 1896 not by a chef but by the maître d'hôtel Oscar Tschirky, the Waldorf salad was an instant success. As often happens, many variations evolved-some with raisins, some with chopped nuts. This one has green apples and red seedless grapes.
Yield Makes 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Soak cherries in 1 cup boiling water until softened, about 10 minutes. Drain.
- Whisk mayonnaise and next 3 ingredients in large bowl. Add apples, celery, grapes and cherries; toss. Season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange lettuce on platter. Spoon salad over. Top salad with candied pecans.
- *Sold at specialty foods stores, natural foods stores and some supermarkets.
SIMPLE WALDORF SALAD
- Combine apples, celery, raisins and walnuts. Add mayonnaise and yogurt; toss to coat. Refrigerate, covered, until serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 140 calories, Fat 8g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 6mg cholesterol, Sodium 119mg sodium, Carbohydrate 17g carbohydrate (12g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
CLASSIC WALDORF SALAD
- In medium bowl, combine mayonnaise, sugar, lemon juice and salt.
- Add apples and celery.
- Toss to coat.
- Cover and chill to blend flavors.
- Just before serving sprinkle with walnuts.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 140.3, Fat 9.8, SaturatedFat 1.2, Cholesterol 3.8, Sodium 151.6, Carbohydrate 13.8, Fiber 1.9, Sugar 8.4, Protein 1.5
COLESLAW WALDORF SALAD
Potlucks tend to have a lot of heavy dishes, so this bright, fresh Waldorf salad coleslaw recipe is a welcome addition. I came up with this recipe as a way to serve something crunchy and fruity with a touch of sweetness. Sometimes I add shredded coconut and use toasted pecans instead of walnuts. -Trisha Kruse, Eagle, Idaho
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 18 servings (3/4 cup each).
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Place cabbage in a large bowl. In another bowl, whisk yogurt, mayonnaise, orange juice and vinegar until combined. Pour over cabbage; toss to coat. Stir in remaining ingredients. Refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 139 calories, Fat 8g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 1mg cholesterol, Sodium 55mg sodium, Carbohydrate 17g carbohydrate (12g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
More about "waldorf salad recipes"
BEST WALDORF SALAD RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE WALDORF SALAD
5/5 (3)Total Time 10 mins
WALDORF SALAD | JAMIE OLIVER
WALDORF SALAD - PAULA DEEN MAGAZINE
WALDORF SALAD RECIPE - DINNER AT THE ZOO
WALDORF SALAD WITH GREEN APPLE, CELERY AND PECANS
WALDORF SALAD - CINCYSHOPPER
EASY WALDORF SALAD RECIPE - NO SUGAR NO FLOUR RECIPES
WALDORF SALAD - AMANDA'S COOKIN' - SALADS
WALDORF SALAD | FAVORITE FAMILY RECIPES
WALDORF SALAD RECIPE - BBC FOOD
CLASSIC WALDORF SALAD RECIPE : 6 EASY STEPS – DALSTRONG
WALDORF SALAD - TASTES BETTER FROM SCRATCH
BEST WALDORF SALAD RECIPE | SOUTHERN LIVING
WALDORF SALAD - TASTE OF SOUTHERN
CLASSIC APPLE WALDORF SALAD RECIPE - AVERIE COOKS
WALDORF SALAD RECIPE (WITH MAYONNAISE OR YOGURT) | KITCHN
WALDORF SALAD RECIPE: DETOX SALADS - LIFE EXTENSION
BUFFALO WALDORF SALAD RECIPE - TODAY.COM
EASY WALDORF SALAD - THERESCIPES.INFO
WINTER WALDORF SALAD RECIPE | CHATELAINE
WALDORF CHICKEN SALAD - THE ROASTED ROOT
WALDORF SALAD - JO COOKS
CLASSIC WALDORF SALAD - FOODIECRUSH.COM
CLASSIC WALDORF SALAD | EASY 10 MINUTE RECIPE!
INA GARTEN WALDORF SALAD - CHEFS & RECIPES
WALDORF SALAD - SPEND WITH PENNIES
CLASSIC WALDORF SALAD - CRUNCHY CREAMY SWEET
HOW TO MAKE THE PERFECT WALDORF SALAD – RECIPE
CLASSIC WALDORF SALAD RECIPE (DONE IN 10 MINUTES!) [VIDEO]
DELISH CLASSIC WALDORF SALAD RECIPE - SALADS FOR LUNCH
CULTURED WALDORF SALAD RECIPE - CULTURES FOR HEALTH
WALDORF SALAD - A SOUTHERN SOUL
HEALTHY WALDORF SALAD - EASY BUDGET RECIPES
WALDORF SALAD RECIPE WITH APPLES AND WALNUTS - THE SPRUCE EATS
WALDORF SALAD RECIPES - BBC FOOD
WALDORF SALAD RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #north-american #low-protein #salads #vegetables #american #fall #dietary #low-sodium #gluten-free #low-cholesterol #seasonal #free-of-something #low-in-something
You'll also love