KOREAN BRAISED SHORT RIBS (GALBI JJIM)
This is a traditional Korean dish and a different method of preparing korean short ribs (galbi). The sweet marinade and tender meat will fall right off the bone and into your mouth!
Provided by COOKIEGURL324
Categories World Cuisine Recipes Asian
Number Of Ingredients 19
- To make the sauce, combine the soy sauce, sesame oil, garlic, fresh ginger, ground ginger, brown sugar, water, rice wine, pear, kiwi, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Whisk to combine.
- Fill a large stockpot with cold water. Soak the short ribs in the water for 30 minutes to 1 hour to pull out impurities. Drain. Score ribs by slicing shallow criss cross cuts across the meat.
- Fill the stockpot with clean water and bring to a boil. Simmer the short ribs in the water for 30 minutes. Drain. Return the simmered ribs to the pot; pour in the sauce, bring to a low boil. Simmer the ribs in the sauce for 60 minutes. Stir in the carrot, potatoes, green onions, yellow onion, chestnuts, and shiitake mushrooms. Simmer until vegetables are tender, at least 30 additional minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 690 calories, Carbohydrate 35.3 g, Cholesterol 93.2 mg, Fat 47.1 g, Fiber 3 g, Protein 26.7 g, SaturatedFat 18.4 g, Sodium 3354.5 mg, Sugar 12.9 g
KOREAN BRAISED SHORT RIBS (GALBI JIM)
At my place, we do theme dinner parties, and this one was from Korean night. I had tried different versions of this recipe, and after mixing and matching, I like this one the best. The addition of Sriracha - an Asian chile/garlic paste also known as "Rooster Sauce" - was my embellishment, and probably not authentic - but I like sweet & spicy! The authentic preparation calls for bone-in short ribs to get more flavor, but I have to admit, I've done it with boneless, and I actually like it better that way. I served it with rice and a Korean cold spinach-sesame salad known as Shigmchi Namul, which I'll post also. Two words: Rave Reviews! They went back for seconds and thirds!
Provided by Spice Boy
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Mix together all ingredients except ribs, asian pear, potatoes, and carrots. Score the ribs and pour the marinade over. Marinate for about an hour in the refrigerator, or overnight. (Marinating is optional).
- Pour the ribs and marinade into a large pot over high heat. Liquid should come at least halfway up to the level of the ribs; add water if necessary.
- When liquid comes to a full boil, cover the pot with a tight-fitting lid and turn the heat down to simmer.
- Cook for 90 minutes to 1 hour, until meat is tender. Add the Asian pear, potato and carrot about 30 minutes before the end of the cooking time.
- Serve with rice.
KOREAN KALBI JJIM (BRAISED BEEF SHORT RIBS)
This is a traditional meat dish eaten on special occasions like holidays and large gatherings. Enjoy with rice and side dishes (banchan).
Provided by mykoreaneats
Categories World Cuisine Recipes Asian Korean
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Soak beef short ribs in a large bowl of cold water to remove residual blood, about 30 minutes.
- Place short ribs, onion, ginger, and 2 cloves garlic in a large pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil, skimming any foam that floats to the top, 20 to 30 minutes. Measure out 2 cups of broth and reserve. Drain short ribs and rinse under cold water; discard onion, ginger, and garlic. Cool until easily handled.
- Make slits in each short rib to remove or cut away excess fat.
- Return short ribs to the pot. Add reserved broth, soy sauce, brown sugar, red pepper flakes, 4 minced garlic cloves, rice vinegar, and sesame oil. Simmer over low heat until flavors combine, about 45 minutes. Add potatoes, carrots, mushrooms, chestnuts, and dates. Continue simmering until potatoes are tender and sauce thickens, about 10 minutes.
- Stir corn syrup into the sauce. Simmer until sauce has a slightly syrupy consistency, about 5 minutes more. Garnish with green onion slices and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 546.9 calories, Carbohydrate 50.2 g, Cholesterol 62 mg, Fat 31 g, Fiber 4.2 g, Protein 18.7 g, SaturatedFat 12.3 g, Sodium 841.4 mg, Sugar 16 g
More about "korean braised short ribs galbi jim recipes"
KOREAN BRAISED SHORT RIBS (GALBI JIM) RECIPE - THE SPRUCE …
4.2/5 (27)Total Time 2 hrs 20 minsCategory Dinner, Entree, LunchCalories 319 per serving
GALBI JJIM (KOREAN BRAISED SHORT RIBS) RECIPE
Cuisine KoreanTotal Time 2 hrs 50 minsCategory DinnerCalories 857 per serving
GALBI JJIM - KOREAN BEEF SHORT RIBS - STREETSMART KITCHEN
KOREAN BRAISED SHORT RIBS (GALBI JJIM) - ANG SARAP
GALBI JJIM (KOREAN BRAISED SHORT RIBS) - THE MISSING LOKNESS
[RECIPE] KOREAN BRAISED BEEF SHORT RIBS, GALBI JJIM
GALBI-JJIM (BRAISED BEEF SHORT RIBS) 갈비찜 - YOUTUBE
GALBI JJIM RECIPE (KOREAN BRAISED SHORT RIBS) - VIDEO | SILK ROAD …
BRAISED BEEF SHORT RIBS (GALBI-JJIM: 갈비찜) RECIPE BY MAANGCHI
GALBI JJIM RECIPE - KOREAN BRAISED SHORT RIBS
GALBI JJIM (BEST KOREAN BRAISED SHORT RIBS) - KIMCHIMARI
GALBI-JJIM (KOREAN BRAISED SHORT RIBS) | RECIPE | KITCHEN STORIES
GALBIJJIM (BRAISED BEEF SHORT RIBS) - KOREAN BAPSANG
KOREAN BRAISED SHORT RIBS (GALBI JJIM) - SUNDAY SUPPER …
GALBI JJIM RECIPE (KOREAN BRAISED BEEF SHORT RIBS) - WHATS4EATS
GALBI-JJIM (갈비찜): KOREAN BRAISED SHORT RIBS | GANGNAM KITCHEN
SPICY GALBI JJIM KOREAN BRAISED BEEF SHORT RIBS RECIPE & VIDEO ...
KOREAN BRAISED SHORT RIBS - CHRISTOPHER KIMBALL’S MILK STREET
GALBI JJIM (KOREAN BRAISED SHORT RIBS) RECIPE - RECIPES.NET
KOREAN BRAISED SHORT RIBS - GALBI JJIM - FUTUREDISH
KALBIJJIM OR GALBIJJIM - SIMMERED KOREAN SHORT RIBS
SPICY GALBI JJIM RECIPE (KOREAN SPICY BRAISED SHORT RIBS)
GALBI JIM - KOREAN BRAISED SHORT RIB STEW - TASTE WITH THE EYES
KOREAN BRAISED BEEF SHORT RIBS RECIPE & VIDEO - SEONKYOUNG …
KOREAN BRAISED BEEF SHORT RIBS (GALBI-JJIM) - BEYOND KIMCHEE
GALBI JJIM (KOREAN BRAISED BEEF SHORT RIBS) RECIPE BY HYOSUN RO
LEARN TO MAKE GALBI-JJIM A KOREAN BRAISED SHORT RIB RECIPE
LEARN HOW TO MAKE GALBI-JJIM A KOREAN BRAISED SHORT RIBS RECIPE
GALBI JJIM AKA KOREAN BRAISED SHORT RIBS RECIPE - THE SUBVERSIVE …
GALBIJJIM (KOREAN BRAISED BEEF SHORT RIBS) RECIPE - THE MINI CHEF
GALBI JJIM (KALBI JJIM), KOREAN STYLE BRAISED SHORT RIBS
KOREAN BRAISED SHORT RIBS (GALBI JJIM) - 5* TRENDING RECIPES WITH …
GALBI JJIM | KOREAN BRAISED SHORT RIBS | SPOON FORK BACON
KOREAN BEEF SHORT RIB STEW GALBI JJIM RECIPES
SLOW COOKER GALBIJJIM (KOREAN BRAISED SHORT RIBS)
KOREAN BRAISED BEEF SHORT RIBS (GALBI-JJIM) - CASA VENERACION
KOREAN BRAISED SHORT RIBS- GALBI JJIM RECIPE - MOMMY DIARY
GALBI-JJIM (KOREAN BRAISED SHORT-RIBS) - 17NGON
KOREAN BRAISED SHORT RIBS RECIPE - DELISH.COM
KOREAN SHORT RIBS RECIPE - BEST BEEF RECIPES
BEST KOREAN BRAISED SHORT RIBS (GALBIJJIM) RECIPE - AARON & CLAIRE
BRAISED SHORT RIB (갈비찜, GALBI JJIM) - AHJUMMARECIPES.COM
KOREAN SHORT RIBS [GALBI JJIM] - FOODOLOGY GEEK
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love