CONTEST-WINNING TACO CASSEROLE
My preschooler doesn't eat ground beef unless it's taco flavored, so I came up with this casserole we all like. To make assembly easy, I prepare the taco meat and freeze several bags at a time. I also cook the noodles over the weekend for a timely supper later in the week. -Kathy Wilson, Romeoville, Illinois
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add cheese, salsa, tomatoes and taco seasoning. Drain pasta; stir into beef mixture., Transfer to a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Cover and bake 20 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with tortilla chips. Bake until heated through, about 10 minutes longer.
Nutrition Facts :
FANTASTIC TACO CASSEROLE!
I think this casserole tastes even better than a real taco, it is SO DELICIOUS! ...if you love tacos, then you will love this casserole! My recipe#76616 works great for this recipe. ALL ingredients can be adjusted to suit taste. It is best to prepare this casserole and bake right away as the broken tacos will get too soggy.
Provided by Kittencalrecipezazz
Categories < 60 Mins
Yield 4-5 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook beef, onion, bell pepper, chili flakes and garlic until beef is no longer pink; drain then season with seasoning salt and black pepper (or cayenne pepper).
- Stir in water, taco sauce, green chiles, half of the olives and taco seasoning mix (you can use 2 packages of seasoning mix if desired for this).
- Cook over low heat for about 6-8 minutes.
- Layer HALF of broken shells on bottom of greased 13x9 baking pan; cover with HALF of meat sauce, then sprinkle with 2 cups (or to taste) cheddar cheese.
- Repeat with remaining broken taco shells, meat sauce and then top with remaining cheese (to prevent the cheese from getting hard, you can sprinkle on the last 10 minutes before the end of baking time and return to oven until melted).
- Bake for 20 minutes or until bubbly, and cheese is melted.
- After baking, sprinkle with remaining olives, tomatoes and green onions.
- **NOTE** I sometimes drizzle bottled salsa sauce (mild or spicy) on top of the ground beef and then on top before baking.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1148.7, Fat 80.4, SaturatedFat 37.2, Cholesterol 234.3, Sodium 3051.2, Carbohydrate 43.9, Fiber 8.9, Sugar 8.1, Protein 64.8
LEFT OVER TACO CASSEROLE
This is a go to recipe in my family. We use it to use our leftover taco meat. This is a recipe I've tweaked from my childhood. It was called Mexi Mix Casserole, from a kids cookbook. It was originally just a can of beans, a cup of corn kernels, a half a cup of shredded cheese and a cup of crushed nacho's. Heat in microwave for 4-8 minutes and your set. The recipe I serve my kids today is just as simple and uses up our left over taco meat and pico de galo.
Provided by recipejunkie1
Categories Toddler Friendly
Yield 1 Casserole, 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Mix all ingredients in a decent size casserole dish (I have used the slow cooker).
- Reserve a little bit of cheese to sprinkle on top.
- Put in oven heated to 350 for 20 minutes with the lid on.
- Remove lid for another 5 minutes.
- Let cool. This is very hot.
- I serve this with plain yogurt for the kids and try to reserve a bit of pico de gallo to top mine.
- This can also be wrapped in a tortilla and possibly taken for lunch the next day. Or served with chips as a dip.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 135.5, Fat 1.5, SaturatedFat 0.3, Cholesterol 4.6, Sodium 558.7, Carbohydrate 29.4, Fiber 4.4, Sugar 6.5, Protein 5.8
30 LEFTOVER TACO MEAT RECIPES
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook lasagna noodles according to package. Drain and set to the side.
- Take out a 9x13 pan and spread a thin layer of salsa on the bottom, then 3 lasagna noodles covering it. Continue to layer the lasagna as follows: salsa, refried beans, taco meat, sour cream, Mexican cheese, lasagna noodles. Repeat until all lasagna noodles are used up.
- On the top layer, spread an even layer of salsa and Mexican cheese. Top with whites of green onions.
- Cover the Taco Lasagna with foil and cook for 25-30 minutes until heated through.
- Uncover and cook for another 5 minutes. This will melt the cheese on top.
- Remove from oven and top with dollops of sour cream and spread remaining green onions on top.
- Enjoy immediately or store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days, reheating prior to eating.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 462 calories, Carbohydrate 40 grams carbohydrates, Cholesterol 76 milligrams cholesterol, Fat 20 grams fat, Fiber 7 grams fiber, Protein 29 grams protein, SaturatedFat 9 grams saturated fat, ServingSize 1, Sodium 718 milligrams sodium, Sugar 3 grams sugar, TransFat 0 grams trans fat, UnsaturatedFat 8 grams unsaturated fat
TACO BAKE CASSEROLE
This quick and easy taco bake will satisfy even the most picky eaters. You can modify it to add things you love. It's yummy and so easy to make! Top with tomatoes, lettuce, salsa or whatever you like on your Mexican food.
Provided by Cherie Burgett
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Spray a 9x13-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- Cook ground beef and onions in a skillet over medium heat until beef is browned, 7 to 10 minutes; drain grease. Stir in water and taco seasoning; cook, stirring often, until thickened, about 2 minutes. Add refried beans, salsa, olives, and green chiles. Cook and stir over low heat until ingredients are warmed through, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Place half of the taco shells in the bottom of the baking dish. Pour in half of the ground beef mixture; sprinkle with half of the Cheddar cheese. Repeat with remaining taco shells, ground beef mixture, and Cheddar cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cheese is melted and bubbly, 20 to 25 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 360 calories, Carbohydrate 20.6 g, Cholesterol 65 mg, Fat 21.3 g, Fiber 3.1 g, Protein 20.9 g, SaturatedFat 9.1 g, Sodium 790.6 mg, Sugar 2 g
BEEF TACO NOODLE CASSEROLE
Egg noodle casserole recipe with seasoned ground beef, Southwest vegetables, tomatoes and cheese.
Provided by Pam Cooking Spray
Categories Trusted Brands: Recipes and Tips
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray 13x9-inch glass baking dish with cooking spray. Place uncooked noodles in baking dish.
- Heat large skillet over medium-high heat. Add beef; cook 5 to 7 minutes or until crumbled and no longer pink. Drain. Add vegetables, undrained tomatoes, enchilada sauce and water to skillet; stir. Bring to a boil. Pour mixture over noodles.
- Cover dish tightly with foil; bake 15 minutes. Stir; sprinkle with cheese and cover with foil. Bake 10 minutes more or until noodles are tender. Sprinkle with green onions. Serve with sour cream, if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 489.7 calories, Carbohydrate 38 g, Cholesterol 101.5 mg, Fat 25.1 g, Fiber 5.9 g, Protein 26.8 g, SaturatedFat 11.9 g, Sodium 519.7 mg, Sugar 2 g
More about "left over taco casserole recipes"
15 LEFTOVER TACO MEAT RECIPES - COOKING CHEW
21 HEALTHY LEFTOVER TACO MEAT RECIPES YOU WILL LOVE
EASY TACO CASSEROLE RECIPE - EATING ON A DIME
10 BEST LEFTOVER TACO MEAT RECIPES | YUMMLY
LEFTOVER TACO MEAT RECIPES WITH RICE CASSEROLE | DEPORECIPE.CO
16 EASY LEFTOVER TACO MEAT RECIPES - IZZYCOOKING
LEFT OVER TACO CASSEROLE RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
38 LEFTOVER TACO MEAT RECIPES | POPSUGAR FOOD
WHAT TO MAKE WITH LEFTOVER TACO MEAT: 21 EASY RECIPES
13 BEST LEFTOVER TACO MEAT RECIPES - INSANELY GOOD
21 EASY LEFTOVER TACO MEAT RECIPES & DELICIOUS DINNERS
TACO CASSEROLE — 6 INGREDIENTS & 30 MINUTES! - THE RECIPE REBEL
21 EASY LEFTOVER TACO MEAT RECIPES FOR MEAL PREP!
27 CASSEROLES THAT USE UP YOUR LEFTOVERS - TASTE OF HOME
TACO OMELETTE USING LEFTOVER TACO MEAT! - THE KITCHEN MAGPIE
TACO CASSEROLE WITH TORTILLA CHIPS - ALYONA’S COOKING
EASY CHICKEN TACO CASSEROLE RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
LEFTOVER TACO MEAT CASSEROLE RECIPES | DEPORECIPE.CO
15 HEALTHY LEFTOVER TACO MEAT RECIPES - MOMSHEALTH.CO
TACO CASSEROLE RECIPE - DINNER AT THE ZOO
30+ WAYS: WHAT TO DO WITH LEFTOVER TACO MEAT - FANTABULOSITY
LEFTOVER TACO MEAT CASSEROLE RECIPES - THERESCIPES.INFO
30 YUMMY LEFTOVER TACO MEAT RECIPES & EASY DINNER IDEAS
15 EASY AND HEALTHY LEFTOVER TACO MEAT RECIPES - ANASTASIA BLOGGER
19 BRILLIANT LEFTOVER TACO MEAT RECIPES YOU’LL ADORE
TACO CASSEROLE RECIPE - RUN EAT REPEAT
TACO BAKE - THE TACO CASSEROLE RECIPE EVERYONE LOVES!
WAYS TO USE LEFTOVER TACO MEAT - 10 LEFTOVER TACO MEAT RECIPES
20 LEFTOVER TACO MEAT RECIPES – DELICIOUS AND SIMPLE IDEAS
20 BEST LEFTOVER TACO MEAT RECIPES - TOP RECIPES
DELICIOUS LEFTOVER TACO MEAT RECIPES! • OH SNAP! LET'S EAT!
TACO CASSEROLE ⋆ REAL HOUSEMOMS
10 BEST TACO MEAT CASSEROLE RECIPES | YUMMLY
LEFTOVER TACO MEAT CASSEROLE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY …
20 DELICIOUS LEFTOVER TACO MEAT RECIPES - THE ASHCROFT FAMILY TABLE
LOW CARB TACO CASSEROLE (DINNER IN AN HOUR!) - EASY LOW CARB
LEFTOVER TACO MEAT CASSEROLE RECIPES : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST ...
LEFTOVER TACO MEAT RECIPES YOU NEED TO TRY RIGHT NOW! - SHELF …
EASY TAMALE CASSEROLE RECIPE + WAYS TO USE LEFTOVERS! - SHELF …
11 WAYS TO USE LEFTOVER TACO MEAT - INSTANT POT EATS
KETO TACO CASSEROLE RECIPE (2G CARBS)
BEEF TORTILLA TACO CASSEROLE RECIPE - PILLSBURY.COM
You'll also love