OLD-FASHIONED POPCORN BALLS
Popcorn always make a crowd-pleasing snack...but you can make it into a chewy, sweet delight with this classic recipe.-American Pop Corn Co., Sioux City, Iowa
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 1 dozen.
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Place popcorn in a baking pan and keep warm in a 200° oven. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, stir together the sugar, corn syrup, water, butter and salt. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil. , Continue cooking without stirring until the temperature reaches 270° on a candy thermometer. Remove from the heat. Add vanilla; stir just enough to mix. Slowly pour over the popcorn. Cool just enough to handle. Shape with buttered hands.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 161 calories, Fat 6g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 10mg cholesterol, Sodium 213mg sodium, Carbohydrate 28g carbohydrate (21g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 1g protein.
SOFT 'N CHEWY POPCORN BALLS
- Pop popcorn and place in large pan. Combine syrup, sugar, water, and vinegar. Heat to boiling. Add cream of tartar, and boil to soft crack stage (275-280 degrees F).
- Remove from heat and add butter, baking soda, and vanilla. (Add a little food coloring if desired.) Pour over popcorn, stirring as you pour.
- Shape into balls and lay on waxed paper. Wrap and store.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 0 g, Fat 0 g, SaturatedFat 0 g, TransFat 0 g, Cholesterol 0 g, Sodium 0 g, Carbohydrate 0 g, Fiber 0 g, Sugar 0 g, Protein 0 g
CHEWY POPCORN BALLS
- Pop popcorn.
- Place in large bowl.
- Place all ingredients except for food coloring in saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally until mixture comes to full, rolling boil.
- Remove from heat.
- Add desired amount of food coloring.
- Pour over popcorn, stirring to coat well.
- Shape into balls with buttered hands.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 127.3, Fat 1.9, SaturatedFat 1.2, Cholesterol 5.1, Sodium 25.6, Carbohydrate 28.7, Sugar 22.5, Protein 0.1
SOFT AND CHEWY POPCORN BALLS
- Melt margarine in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add in marshmallows and stir continuously until smooth.
- Add in food coloring until desired color.
- Add in vanilla (be careful it doesn't splash on you when it hits the hot marshmallow mixture).
- Stir in popcorn and turn heat to low.
- Scoop out 6 piles of popcorn mixture and place in piles on waxed paper. Allow to cool until comfortable to touch, but still pliable.
- Shape into popcorn balls.
- Cover each ball with Saran wrap.
More about "softandchewypopcornballs recipes"
CHEWY POPCORN BALLS RECIPE - RECIPETIPS.COM
5/5 Ratings 2Reviews 2Total Time 30 mins
AUNT PEG'S RECIPE BOX: SOFT AND CHEWY POPCORN BALLS
OLD-FASHIONED SOFT POPCORN BALLS RECIPE | LAND O’LAKES
3.3/5 (3)Category Popcorn, SnackServings 15Calories 260 per serving
- Combine all remaining ingredients except candy in 2-quart saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, 40-45 minutes or until candy thermometer reaches 250°F. or small amount of mixture dropped into ice water forms a hard ball.
- Using buttered hands and working quickly, shape about 1 cup popcorn into ball. Place onto waxed paper. Repeat with remaining popcorn. Cool completely; wrap in waxed paper or plastic food wrap.
EASY POPCORN BALLS RECIPE (WITH MARSHMALLOWS) - CRAZY FOR ...
Reviews 1Category DessertServings 20Total Time 35 mins
MICROWAVE POPCORN RECIPE - SHUGARY SWEETS
5/5 (1)Total Time 4 minsCategory AppetizersCalories 5 per serving
EASY MARSHMALLOW MARSHMALLOW POPCORN BALLS RECIPE WITHOUT ...
5/5 (13)Category SnackCuisine AmericanTotal Time 20 mins
SWEET AND SALTY CARAMEL POPCORN BALLS - GRUMPY'S HONEYBUNCH
4.6/5 (9)Total Time 20 minsCategory CandyCalories 200 per serving
EASY CARAMEL POPCORN BALLS (MADE IN THE MICROWAVE!) - I ...
5/5 (7)Total Time 15 minsCategory DessertCalories 97 per serving
HOW TO MAKE POPCORN BALLS FOR HALLOWEEN - BOULDER LOCAVORE®
CHEWY CARAMEL POPCORN BALLS RECIPE - SHARE-RECIPES.NET
MORE USEFUL INFORMATION ABOUT RECIPES AND COOKING TIPS AT ...
AUNT PEG'S RECIPE BOX: SOFT AND CHEWY POPCORN BALLS ...
CHEWY POPCORN BALLS RECIPE - RELISHNUTRITIONCONSULTANCY.COM
SOFT AND CHEWY POPCORN BALLS RECIPES
10 BEST POPCORN BALLS WITH MARSHMALLOWS RECIPES | YUMMLY
SOFT AND CHEWY POPCORN BALLS RECIPE
SOFT AND CHEWY POPCORN BALLS | POPCORN BALLS, CHEWY, RECIPES
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What's the best recipe for a chewy popcorn ball?Chewy Popcorn Balls Recipe. Sweet and chewy traditional popcorn balls. Servings: Pop 1 1/2 cups of popcorn (this should make 8 to 10 cups of popped corn), sort out any unpopped kernels, and place the popcorn in a large bowl. Place sugar, whipping cream, syrup and butter in a saucepan and cook until a candy thermometer reads the soft ball stage.
How to make an old-fashioned popcorn ball recipe?Ingredients 2 quarts popped popcorn 1 cup sugar 1/3 cup light or dark corn syrup 1/3 cup water 1/4 cup butter 1/2 teaspoon salt 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
How do you make popcorn balls with marshmallows?First you need to make the gooey mixture to spread over the popcorn. This is done in a medium size pan on the stove. Melt your Challenge Unsalted Butter over medium heat. Then add the corn syrup, powdered sugar, and marshmallows and stir until the marshmallows are melted.
How many cups of popcorn do you need to make a popcorn ball?You can also pop your kernels on the stovetop or even use plain microwave popcorn. You’ll need 16 cups of popcorn for the recipe, and once the popcorn is popped, make sure to remove any unpopped kernels. This step may seem tedious but you definitely don’t want to bite into a hard kernel while enjoying your popcorn ball. Set the popcorn aside.