LEMON HERB BUTTER
This was an accidental compound butter that is refreshing and delicious on rolls, stuffed into the skin of a turkey before cooking, or added to steamed vegetables.
Provided by Karin Landers
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Mash butter in a bowl until smooth and creamy. Mix lemon zest, lemon juice, rosemary, thyme, sage, salt, and black pepper into the butter until thoroughly combined.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 82.2 calories, Carbohydrate 0.3 g, Cholesterol 24.4 mg, Fat 9.2 g, Fiber 0.1 g, Protein 0.1 g, SaturatedFat 5.8 g, Sodium 16.8 mg, Sugar 0.1 g
LEMON COMPOUND BUTTER
- Combine all ingredients and blend well.
- Roll into a log, using plastic wrap.
- Use immediately or refrigerate for use in 1-2 days.
- To freeze: Wrap the log in waxed paper, place in a freezer bag and freeze for up to 2 months.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 51.1, Fat 5.8, SaturatedFat 3.6, Cholesterol 15.3, Sodium 0.8, Carbohydrate 0.1, Protein 0.1
LEMON-HERB COMPOUND BUTTER
- In a small bowl, add the butter, mint, parsley, tarragon, chile flakes, lemon zest, garlic and black pepper to taste and mash it up with a fork. Transfer to a ramekin.
GRILLED SALMON WITH HERB AND MEYER LEMON COMPOUND BUTTER
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, zest, herbs and garlic. Mix until everything is well mixed. Season, to taste, with salt. If using right away, keep the butter at room temperature. If making ahead, reserve in the refrigerator and bring to room temperature before using.
- Preheat grill to medium.
- Remove the salmon from the refrigerator and let come to room temperature. Season with salt and coat with olive oil. Brush and oil the grill. Place the salmon, skin side down, on the clean, preheated grill. After 2 to 3 minutes, rotate the salmon 90 degrees to create cross-hatch grill marks on the salmon skin. Cook the salmon for another 3 to 4 minutes. As the salmon cooks it will turn from translucent orange to opaque pink.
- Turn the salmon over and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes. If the salmon starts to burn, or the flames flare up move the fish to a cooler part of the grill.* Remove from the grill and top with the room temperature compound butter. The butter should act as a sauce and melt over and coat the grilled salmon.
- What a delish fish!
- *Tip: It is a general rule to cook fish for 8 minutes per inch of thickness. I like salmon cooked to about medium, so I cook mine for a little less.
HERBED COMPOUND BUTTER
A compound butter - a stick of butter seasoned with herbs, lemon and garlic or shallots - is one of the most versatile things to keep on hand. You can store it in the freezer, then slice it whenever you want to add herby richness to a dish. Use it on steak, fish, chicken or even mashed or roasted sweet potatoes. And feel free to vary the herbs to suit your taste. For a kick, a pinch or two of chile powder or a drizzle of hot sauce would do the trick. This recipe is part of The New Essentials of French Cooking, a guide to definitive dishes every modern cook should master. Buy the book.
Provided by Melissa Clark
Categories sauces and gravies
Yield 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 7
- In a bowl, mash together butter, shallots or garlic, herbs, lemon juice, pepper and salt.
- Spoon the butter onto a piece of parchment paper or plastic wrap, form into a log and wrap well. Chill for at least 3 hours before using.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 104, UnsaturatedFat 3 grams, Carbohydrate 1 gram, Fat 12 grams, Fiber 0 grams, Protein 0 grams, SaturatedFat 7 grams, Sodium 41 milligrams, Sugar 0 grams, TransFat 0 grams
LEMON-POPPY SEED COMPOUND BUTTER
Spread this tasty butter on scones, pancakes, or muffins, or add some over top of your favorite roasted veggies. The possibilities are endless. This has a touch of sweetness to balance out the lemon, but feel free to adjust the honey to your tastes or intended use.
Provided by France C
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Combine butter, lemon zest, lemon juice, poppy seeds, and honey in a small bowl.
- Place butter on top of a sheet of plastic wrap. Shape into a log. Fold one side of the plastic wrap over the log and roll into a tube, shaping with your fingers as you roll tightly. Twist the ends to seal.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour or until firm. The longer it sits, the more the flavors will develop. Unroll from plastic wrap and slice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 110.6 calories, Carbohydrate 2.5 g, Cholesterol 30.5 mg, Fat 11.7 g, Fiber 1.4 g, Protein 0.4 g, SaturatedFat 7.3 g, Sodium 82.6 mg, Sugar 1 g
GARLIC COMPOUND BUTTER
I was looking for a versatile compound butter that would go well with beef, chicken and seafood. This is what I came up with. Cook time is chill time.
Provided by cervantesbrandi
Yield 12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Place the oil, parsley, garlic, and lemon juice/zest in a food processor. Blend ingredients on high for 20 seconds or until the garlic is completely broken up and mixed in with the oil.
- Add in the butter, two tablespoons at a time blending on low to fully incorporate all of the flavors.
- Spoon the butter out of the food processer into a bowl and fold the black pepper inches Salt to taste.
- Place the butter onto a piece of parchment paper forming the paper around the butter resembling a paper towel roll with the butter inside.
- Gently squeeze the butter until it is twice the size of a normal stick of butter but the same length. Fold in each side and tape it down or lay the butter on a dish with the ends under the butter. Chill for 2 hours before using up to a week.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 65.6, Fat 6.4, SaturatedFat 3.4, Cholesterol 14, Sodium 54.7, Carbohydrate 2.7, Fiber 0.6, Sugar 0.1, Protein 0.5
More about "lemon compound butter recipes"
LEMON HERB COMPOUND BUTTER | MAGICALBUTTER
5/5 (1)Total Time 2 hrs 15 minsCategory Dinner
- After the cycle is complete unplug the unit at the outlet and remove the head of the appliance. Put on your LoveGlove™ and pour the pitcher contents slowly through your PurifyFilter™ into MagicalButter Trays formed molds or other storage container.
SIMPLE AND EASY LEMON BUTTER SPREAD RECIPE - THE …
4.1/5 (34)Total Time 15 minsCategory CondimentCalories 102 per serving
10 BEST COMPOUND BUTTER RECIPES | YUMMLY
MILK.ORG | COMPOUND BUTTER 5 WAYS
LEMON BASIL GARLIC BUTTER RECIPE - SHE WEARS MANY HATS
LEMON BASIL COMPOUND BUTTER - FOODY SCHMOODY BLOG
ANDREA'S LEMON-HERB COMPOUND BUTTER - WILD ALASKAN COMPANY
DIJON LEMON BUTTER -TANGY COMPOUND BUTTER AND SAUCE
SALMON AND LEMON HERB COMPOUND BUTTER RECIPE - HOME CHEF
LEMON DILL COMPOUND BUTTER RECIPE - HAPPY FOODS TUBE
LEMON DILL COMPOUND BUTTER - A FAMILY FEAST®
LEMON DILL COMPOUND BUTTER (USES & FREEZER TIPS) | DELICIOUS TABLE
LEMON HERB COMPOUND BUTTER | MAGICALBUTTER
HERB COMPOUND BUTTER RECIPE - LOVE AND LEMONS
ROASTED GARLIC AND LEMON COMPOUND BUTTER RECIPE
CHEF GEOFF RUDAW'S LEMON HERB COMPOUND BUTTER
ROSEMARY, SEA SALT, LEMON & GARLIC COMPOUND BUTTER
SUNGLOW LEMON THYME COMPOUND BUTTER BLEND - VENTURA FOODS
EASY LEMON BUTTER (+ FLAVOR VARIATIONS) - ALPHAFOODIE
PRESERVED LEMON COMPOUND BUTTER - MID-LIFE CROISSANT
LEMON MISO COMPOUND BUTTER RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
LEMON BUTTER RECIPE | THE GRACIOUS WIFE
HOW TO MAKE COMPOUND BUTTER (FOR STEAK & MORE!) | WHOLESOME …
HOW TO MAKE LEMON BALM BUTTER - CLOVERLEAF FARM
LEMON DILL BUTTER RECIPE - THE KITCHEN HERBS
LEMON, PARSLEY, AND GARLIC COMPOUND BUTTER RECIPE - EAT SIMPLE …
LEMON OREGANO COMPOUND BUTTER | DULA NOTES
COMPOUND BUTTER - SIX WAYS! - WENDY POLISI
LEMON & DILL COMPOUND BUTTER GRILLED SALMON RECIPE - LAND …
MAPLE LEMON COMPOUND BUTTER (PERFECT FOR OATMEAL!)
COMPOUND BUTTER RECIPE – LEMON & CHIVE – PERFECT FOR CHICKEN …
HOW TO MAKE COMPOUND BUTTER (6 RECIPES!)
HERB COMPOUND BUTTER | LEMON, SAGE, THYME & ROSEMARY - THE …
5 FAVORITE RECIPES FOR FLAVORED COMPOUND BUTTERS - FOODIECRUSH
LEMON COMPOUND BUTTER RECIPE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY …
HERB-LEMON ZEST BUTTER RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
RAMP BUTTER RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
CRANBERRY LEMON COMPOUND BUTTER - OLIVE OIL CRITIC
COMPOUND BUTTER: LEMON-MINT AND RED SCALLION-HONEY RECIPES
#15-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #north-american #for-large-groups #low-protein #5-ingredients-or-less #very-low-carbs #sauces #condiments-etc #fruit #american #easy #no-cook #dinner-party #holiday-event #dietary #christmas #new-years #low-sodium #low-carb #garnishes #inexpensive #low-in-something #citrus #lemon #lime #oranges #taste-mood #savory #number-of-servings #presentation #served-cold #technique
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What can I use to make lemon compound butter with?Lemon caper butter: mix in a tablespoon of capers and optionally some dill. Spice: add a pinch of red pepper flakes to add bursts of heat to the lemon compound butter recipe. Honey: if you plan to use it as a spread for muffins and quick breads, a little honey, vegan dandelion “honey”, or maple syrup would be delicious.
How do you make a butter and lemon cake?In a bowl, combine the softened butter with lemon zest, lemon juice and finely chopped dill. Mix well. Transfer onto a plastic wrap and roll it into a log.
How do you make lemon Dill compound butter?Lemon dill compound butter is quick and super easy to make. This herbed butter goes well with sea food, steak, chicken or potatoes. It does not only boost their flavor but also makes them extra creamy and juicy. In a bowl, combine the softened butter with lemon zest, lemon juice and finely chopped dill.
How do you make lemon butter sauce?Mash butter in a bowl until smooth and creamy. Mix lemon zest, lemon juice, rosemary, thyme, sage, salt, and black pepper into the butter until thoroughly combined. Lemony-good and sweet-glazed cake. Bright, citrusy, herbed and comforting chicken dinner. A luxuriously rich and user-friendly butter sauce!