LEEK, MUSHROOM AND LEMON RISOTTO
From Vegetarian: The Best-Ever Recipe Collection. I have substituted myzithra and pecorino romano for the parmesan, depending on my menu.
Provided by COOKGIRl
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Wash the leeks well and slice. Wipe the mushrooms and slice.
- Heat the olive oil in a saute pan. Add the leeks and mushrooms, cooking over medium heat for about 5 minutes or until softened. Add the garlic and cook another minute. Remove vegetables from pan and set aside.
- Add 2 tablespoons of the butter to the pan and saute the onion over medium heat for approximately 5 minutes.
- Stir in the arborio rice and cook for 1 minute. Add one cupful of fresh stock to the pan and cook gently, stirring occasionally; until all liquid is absorbed.
- Continue stirring in one cupful of stock at a time, until each cupful is absorbed. This should take about 25 minutes. The risotto should by the end turn thick and creamy; the rice tender but not sticky.
- Just before serving, stir in the leeks and mushrooms, the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter, lemon juice and zest, half of the cheese, and the fresh herbs.
- Adjust seasoning, adding salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle remaining cheese on top, garnish with herb sprigs and lemon wedges. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 578.6, Fat 23.7, SaturatedFat 11.3, Cholesterol 45.2, Sodium 366.3, Carbohydrate 77.3, Fiber 3.5, Sugar 2.5, Protein 13.6
An easy Lemon Risotto recipe. Lemon juice and peel offer a double punch of flavor in this delicious dish. Serve the risotto Italian-style as a first course, or American-style as a main course.
Yield Makes 6 first-course or 4 main-course servings
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Bring broth to simmer in large saucepan over medium heat. Reduce heat to low; cover to keep warm. Melt 1 1/2 tablespoons butter with oil in heavy large saucepan over medium heat. Add shallots and sauté until tender, about 6 minutes. Add rice; stir 1 minute. Add wine and stir until evaporated, about 30 seconds. Add 1 1/2 cups hot broth; simmer until absorbed, stirring frequently. Add remaining broth 1/2 cup at a time, allowing broth to be absorbed before adding more and stirring frequently until rice is creamy and tender, about 35 minutes. Stir in cheese and remaining 2 tablespoons butter. Stir in parsley, lemon juice, and lemon peel. Season risotto with salt and pepper. Transfer to bowl and serve.
GOURMET MUSHROOM RISOTTO
Authentic Italian-style risotto cooked the slow and painful way, but oh so worth it. Complements grilled meats and chicken dishes very well. Check the rice by biting into it. It should be slightly al dente (or resist slightly to the tooth but not be hard in the center).
Provided by Myleen Sagrado Sjödin
Number Of Ingredients 12
- In a saucepan, warm the broth over low heat.
- Warm 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir in the mushrooms, and cook until soft, about 3 minutes. Remove mushrooms and their liquid, and set aside.
- Add 1 tablespoon olive oil to skillet, and stir in the shallots. Cook 1 minute. Add rice, stirring to coat with oil, about 2 minutes. When the rice has taken on a pale, golden color, pour in wine, stirring constantly until the wine is fully absorbed. Add 1/2 cup broth to the rice, and stir until the broth is absorbed. Continue adding broth 1/2 cup at a time, stirring continuously, until the liquid is absorbed and the rice is al dente, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and stir in mushrooms with their liquid, butter, chives, and parmesan. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 430.6 calories, Carbohydrate 56.6 g, Cholesterol 29.3 mg, Fat 16.6 g, Fiber 2.7 g, Protein 11.3 g, SaturatedFat 6.6 g, Sodium 1130.8 mg, Sugar 4.4 g
RISOTTO WITH PARMESAN AND LEMON
In honor of our special Family issue, Food Network Magazine asked the kids of some Food Network stars to act as guest editors and share their favorite family dinners. Here's what Geoffrey Zakarian's daughter, Anna, had to say about this risotto dish: "Risotto is sort of our family tradition. It's so creamy, it melts in my mouth."
Provided by Geoffrey Zakarian
Yield 3 to 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Bring the chicken stock to a simmer in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Meanwhile, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a separate large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and a touch of salt and cook, stirring often, until the onion is tender, about 8 minutes. Add the rice and cook, stirring, until toasted, about 2 minutes. Add the wine and cook until evaporated, 2 to 4 minutes.
- Add 1 cup simmering chicken stock to the rice and cook, stirring constantly, until absorbed. Repeat, adding the stock 1 cup at a time, until the rice is al dente and creamy in texture, about 20 minutes. (You might not use all of the stock.)
- When the rice is al dente, remove from the heat and stir in the cheese, chives and lemon juice. Stir in the remaining 1/4 cup olive oil.
- Divide the risotto among shallow bowls. Drizzle with olive oil, top with the lemon zest and more chives, and season with salt and pepper.
LEMONY MUSHROOM RISOTTO
- Pour 2/3 cup hot water over porcini in a heatproof cup and let stand until softened, about 10 minutes. Lift porcini out of water, squeezing excess liquid back into cup, and rinse well to remove any grit. Coarsely chop porcini. Pour soaking liquid through a paper-towel-lined sieve into a glass measure and reserve.
- Meanwhile, bring broth and remaining 2 cups hot water to a simmer. Keep at a bare simmer, covered.
- Heat 1 tablespoon butter in a heavy skillet over moderately high heat until foam subsides, then sauté cremini, stirring, until browned, about 7 minutes. Add porcini and reserved soaking liquid to skillet and boil, stirring, 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- Cook onion in 1 1/2 tablespoons butter in a 3-quart heavy saucepan over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until softened, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add rice and cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute. Add wine and simmer, stirring constantly, until absorbed.
- Stir in 1/2 cup simmering broth mixture and cook at a strong simmer, stirring frequently, until broth is absorbed. Continue simmering and adding broth 1/2 cup at a time, stirring frequently and letting each addition become absorbed before adding the next, until rice is tender but still al dente and creamy (it should be the consistency of a thick soup), 18 minutes. (There will be leftover broth.)
- Stir in zest, mushrooms, remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons butter, parmesan, parsley, and pepper to taste. (If necessary, thin risotto with some of remaining broth.) Serve immediately.
- In a large pot, heat the stock and 2 cups water over medium low heat.
- In a risotto pot or large skillet with a rounded bottom, heat the extra-virgin olive oil over medium to medium-high heat. Add the onions and garlic to pan and saute to soften 3 to 4 minutes Stir in the rice and add the zest of 1 lemon. Heat the rice for 1 to 2 minutes, then add the wine and cook until evaporated. Add in the hot stock, a few ladles at a time, and stir for a minute with each addition, to develop the starch and the creamy aspect. Total cooking time will be about 18 minutes or so. Keep adding stock each time the pan starts to become dry at the edges. While the rice cooks, peel and supreme or section the flesh of a lemon and finely chop. Sprinkle with a 1/2 teaspoon sugar. When rice is cooked to al dente, stir in the butter, lemon sections, juice of 1 lemon, the cheese and herbs. Season with salt and pepper, to taste, and transfer to a serving bowl. Serve immediately.
LEMON AND MUSHROOM RISOTTO
A simple, low maintenance risotto recipe that is the easiest I've ever seen! Another amazing recipe from the Best of Bridge ladies, who are from my hometown in Alberta. Go vegetarian with veggie broth. Enjoy!
Provided by Nif_H
Categories Short Grain Rice
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 13
- In large saucepan, heat oil and cook mushrooms, shallots, garlic and pepper until vegetables are tender but not brown.
- Add rice and cook and stir 2 minutes more. Stir broth and wine into rice mixture and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 30 minutes (do not lift cover). Remove from heat.
- Stir in carrots, asparagus, Parmesan and lemon zest. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Add a little additional water, if necessary for the desired consistency.'.
- Garnish with basil or parsley.
More about "lemony mushroom risotto recipes"
MUSHROOM RISOTTO WITH LEMON AND THYME - NOURISHED …
MUSHROOM RISOTTO RECIPE WITH LEMON | OLIVEMAGAZINE
CHICKEN AND MUSHROOM RISOTTO | RECIPETIN EATS
LEEK MUSHROOM & LEMON RISOTTO RECIPE BY ARCHANA'S …
LEMONY MUSHROOM RISOTTO RECIPE | EPICURIOUS.COM | MUSHROOM …
LEMON RISOTTO WITH FRIED HALLOUMI - NICKY'S KITCHEN SANCTUARY
RECIPE FOR MUSHROOM RISOTTO (CREAMY MUSHROOM RISOTTO)
LEMON RISOTTO - RECIPE - RACHAEL RAY SHOW
CREAMY MUSHROOM RISOTTO RECIPE - AN ITALIAN IN MY KITCHEN
LEMONY ROASTED CAULIFLOWER RISOTTO - COOKIE AND KATE
LEMONY MUSHROOM RISOTTO RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
THE BEST CREAMY MUSHROOM RISOTTO - FOODIECRUSH.COM
LEEK, MUSHROOM & LEMON RISOTTO RECIPE | HIGHLAND FARMS
LEMONY RISOTTO WITH FRESH HERBS & GARLIC - MINIMALIST BAKER RECIPES
MUSHROOM & LEMON RISOTTO: A VEGAN DELIGHT FOR FAMILY DINNER
LEMONY WILD MUSHROOM RISOTTO — THE 5 TASTES TABLE
LEMONY MUSHROOM RISOTTO RECIPE - MOTHER EARTH LIVING
LEMONY MUSHROOM RISOTTO | SHAPE
LEMONY MUSHROOM RISOTTO RECIPE | RISOTTO RECIPES, MUSHROOM …
MEYER LEMON AND MUSHROOM RISOTTO - THE LITTLE KITCHEN
EASY MUSHROOM RISOTTO - THE STAY AT HOME CHEF
RISOTTO WITH MUSHROOMS AND LEMON - THE FANCY NAPKINS
THE BEST LEMON BASIL RISOTTO RECIPE | LIVE EAT LEARN
LEMONY RISOTTO | A2 MILK™ CANADA
LEMONY MUSHROOM RISOTTO RECIPE | EPICURIOUS.COM | LEMON TAHINI …
NO-STIR CREAMY LEMON & HERB BAKED RISOTTO | RECIPETIN EATS
LEMONY MUSHROOM RISOTTO | EAT. LIVE. TRAVEL. WRITE.
FRESH PREP | LEMONY MUSHROOM RISOTTO
LEMONY MUSHROOM RISOTTO RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
LEMONY RISOTTO WITH FENNEL AND PARMESAN RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
MUSHROOM LEMON RISOTTO RECIPE • I LOVE FOODIES
MUSHROOM RISOTTO | RICARDO
HEALTHY LEMON BASIL RISOTTO - THE CLEAN EATING COUPLE
HOW TO MAKE THE BEST CREAMY MUSHROOM RISOTTO - ITALIAN FOOD FAST
ASPARAGUS RISOTTO | FEASTING AT HOME
LEMONY MUSHROOM RISOTTO WITH GRILLED SHRIMP - THE 5 TASTES TABLE
RECIPE: MUSHROOM & LEMON RISOTTO - ASPIRE LIFESTYLE MAGAZINE
12 MUSHROOM RISOTTO RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
You'll also love