LENTILS WITH ANCHOVIES, CAPERS, AND A FRIED EGG
I LOVE lentils. I eat them at least once a week. I also love capers and anchovies, so I came up with this. Lentils also taste delicious with an egg on top- especially one with a runny yolk. Don't let the anchovies scare you, as they're just there to flavor the lentils and their strong flavor will dissipate as you cook.
Provided by rpgaymer
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Saute onion & garlic in olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat for about 3 minutes. Add celery, carrots, and anchovies, and saute for 2 minutes longer.
- Add lentils and stir well. Add stock/water, bay leaf, capers, and cloves. Cover, lower heat, and simmer gently for 25-30 minutes, or until most of the liquid has been absorbed and the lentils are tender.
- Just before lentils are done, melt butter in a separate pan, then crack the eggs into it and cook until whites are firm and yolks are runny, about 3-5 minutes.
- Once the lentils are done, add salt and pepper if you wish. Serve lentils with fried egg on top.
FRIED EGGS OVER WARM LENTIL SALAD WITH LARDONS
- Cover lentils with cold water by 2 inches in a saucepan, then simmer, uncovered, until just tender, about 20 minutes.
- While lentils are simmering, cook bacon in a 12-inch nonstick skillet over moderate heat, stirring, until crisp, then transfer with a slotted spoon to paper towels to drain, leaving fat in skillet. Add leeks, celery, and carrot to skillet and cook, stirring, until just tender. Add vinegar and boil until most of liquid is evaporated. Remove skillet from heat and stir in tarragon, half of bacon, and salt and pepper to taste. Transfer to a bowl and keep warm, covered, reserving skillet.
- Drain lentils well in a large sieve. Stir into vegetable mixture and season with salt and pepper. Keep warm, covered.
- Wipe skillet with paper towels, then add oil and heat over moderate heat until hot but not smoking. Fry eggs in batches until whites are just set but yolks are still runny and season with salt and pepper.
- Divide lentil salad among 4 plates. Top with spinach, eggs, and remaining bacon.
LENTILS WITH FRIED EGGS
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the butter in a Dutch oven or large deep skillet over medium-high heat. Add the shallots, celery, thyme and 1/2 teaspoon salt and cook, stirring occasionally, until starting to brown, about 5 minutes. Add the vinegar, 1/4 cup water and the sugar and cook until the water has almost evaporated.
- Add the tomatoes and increase the heat to high; cook, stirring, 3 minutes. Add the lentils and 1 cup water. Bring to a simmer, then reduce the heat to medium and cook until the lentils are very soft, about 10 minutes. Stir in the mustard and cook 5 more minutes. Season with salt and pepper; discard the thyme and stir in half of the parsley.
- Meanwhile, melt the remaining 2 tablespoons butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. One at a time, break each egg into a small bowl, then slide it into the skillet; sprinkle with salt and pepper and cook until the whites are set, 3 to 5 minutes. Serve the lentils with a fried egg on top; sprinkle with the remaining parsley. Serve with pita if using.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 303 calorie, Fat 13 grams, SaturatedFat 7 grams, Cholesterol 238 milligrams, Sodium 751 milligrams, Carbohydrate 32 grams, Fiber 9 grams, Protein 16 grams
LENTILS WITH EGG AND GREENS
- Heat a skillet over medium-high, then coat with olive oil. Add onion and carrots and cook until softened. Add lentils and season with salt and pepper. Heat through. Divide among plates. Saute garlic. Add greens and cilantro and stir to wilt; season and add to plates. Fry eggs in olive oil. Serve eggs over greens and lentils.
LENTILS WITH FRIED EGGS
- In a Dutch oven or deep sided skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the butter over medium high heat. Add shallots, celery, thyme, and season with 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until onions begin to brown, less than 5 minutes. Stir in the vinegar, 1/4 cup of water, and the sugar and continue to cook until almost all the liquid has evaporated, about 5 minutes more.
- Stir in the tomatoes and increase the heat to high; cook another 3 minutes. Stir in the lentils and another cup of water. Bring to a simmer, then reduce heat to medium and cook to soften the lentils, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in the mustard; cook 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and stir in half the parsley. Remove from heat and cover to keep warm.
- Melt the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Break each egg, individually, into a small bowl, then slide into the skillet to fry until the whites are set, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, divide lentils among serving plates, top with a fried egg, then garnish with remaining parsley. Serve with pita bread if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 571.5, Fat 14.9, SaturatedFat 7.2, Cholesterol 208.9, Sodium 142.8, Carbohydrate 74.2, Fiber 34.2, Sugar 7.1, Protein 35.5
More about "lentils with fried eggs recipes"
LENTIL BOWLS WITH FRIED EGGS & GREENS RECIPE | EATINGWELL
Category Healthy Vegetarian Kale RecipesCalories 309 per servingTotal Time 40 mins
- Bring water to a boil in a medium saucepan over high heat. Add lentils, smashed garlic, and bay leaf and stir. Return to a boil, then reduce heat to maintain a simmer. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the lentils are tender, 20 to 25 minutes. Remove the garlic and bay leaf and drain off any liquid.
- Meanwhile, combine yogurt, lemon zest, lemon juice, 1/4 tsp. salt, 1/4 tsp. pepper, and minced garlic in a large bowl. Add kale and spinach; toss to coat.
- Divide the kale mixture among 4 dinner bowls and top each with roasted red peppers, olives, avocado, and the lentils.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. One at a time, crack eggs and add to the pan; cook for 1 minute. Season with the remaining 1/4 tsp. salt and 1/8 tsp. pepper, then cover and cook until the whites are set, about 2 minutes more. Place an egg on top of each bowl and serve.
LENTIL AND EGG STEW RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
3.8/5 (8)Estimated Reading Time 4 minsServings 4
- Pulse onion, fennel, carrots, and chopped garlic in a food processor until soffritto is finely chopped. Heat ¼ cup oil in a large pot over medium. Add soffritto, season with salt, and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft, 10–12 minutes. Stir in tomato paste and cook, stirring occasionally and adding a splash of water if mixture is browning too quickly, until golden brown and very soft (it will look almost like a purée), 10–12 minutes. Add lentils and 6 cups water. Lay Parmesan rind on top (it may stick if it falls to the bottom). Bring mixture to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer until lentils are tender, 35–45 minutes, depending on type. Taste and season with more salt.
- Meanwhile, place spinach in a glass bowl and add a splash of water and a pinch of salt. Microwave on high until bright green and slightly wilted, about 1 minute. Squeeze firmly to expel excess water, then cut in half. (If you don’t have a microwave, add the spinach directly to the pot and let it wilt slightly before making divots for eggs.) Thin stew with water by ¼-cupfuls if needed to loosen. Scatter wilted spinach across the top.
- Using the back of a spoon, create 4 divots in surface of stew and drop an egg into each. Cover pot and simmer stew very gently just until eggs are set, 8–12 minutes.
- While the eggs are cooking, heat a small saucepan over medium-high; pour in oil to come ¼" up sides. Working one at a time, fry slices of bread, turning once and adding more oil as needed, until golden brown and crisp, about 1 minute per side for each slice. Season lightly with salt and rub with garlic clove.
DELICIOUS SQUASH DAAL WITH FRIED EGG | VEGETABLE RECIPES ...
Category Healthy MealsCalories 239 per servingTotal Time 1 hr
- Start by making a temper. Peel the garlic, then finely slice with the chillies, ideally 1mm thick on a mandolin (use the guard!).Pour 2 tablespoons of oil into a large wide pan on a medium heat and add the mustard seeds, cumin seeds and curry leaves for 1 minute, then the garlic and chillies.
- With a slotted spoon, remove half the temper to a plate, taking the pan off the heat.Peel the onions and ginger and finely chop with the coriander stalks, then chop the squash into 2cm cubes, leaving the skin on but discarding any seeds.
RECIPE: SPICED LENTILS WITH EGG | KITCHN
4.3/5 (4)Category Main Dish, Vegetarian, Low-Calorie, Low-FatServings 4Calories 483 per serving
RECIPE: FRIED EGGS & FRENCH GREEN LENTILS WITH TOMATOES ...
3.5/5 Total Time 35 minsCuisine AmericanCalories 640 per serving
BROWN RICE BOWL WITH LENTILS, CARAMELIZED ONIONS & FRIED ...
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
SPICED LENTILS AND POACHED EGGS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
4/5 (33)Calories 291 per servingServings 4
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes or until lentils are tender. Drain; discard bay leaf.
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add onion and tomato; sauté 8 minutes or until onion is tender. Add curry, cumin, 1/4 teaspoon salt, red pepper, and garlic; sauté 2 minutes. Add lentils; cook 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- Add water to a large skillet, filling two-thirds full; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer. Add vinegar to pan. Break eggs into custard cups. Gently pour eggs into pan; cook 3 minutes or until desired degree of doneness. Carefully remove eggs from pan using a slotted spoon. Place about 3/4 cup lentil mixture on each of 4 plates; top each serving with 1 poached egg. Sprinkle evenly with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and black pepper. Top each serving with 1 tablespoon yogurt and 1 1/2 teaspoons cilantro.
BREAKFAST LENTILS WITH POACHED EGGS | BABAGANOSH
4.9/5 (31)Total Time 20 minsCategory Dinner, LunchCalories 255 per serving
- In a 2.5-3 quart sauce pan, heat the olive oil and add the diced onion. Saute over medium heat for 5 minutes. Add the dry lentils, water, and diced tomatoes and stir. Cover with a lid and reduce heat to low. Allow to simmer for about 7-10 minutes, or until the lentils are cooked to your liking (see recipe notes). Remove from heat and stir in salt, pepper, and parsley leaves. Serve with a poached egg on top.
- Use a microwaveable bowl or container that is wide enough for the number of eggs you will be poaching. Add enough water to the bowl so that the water comes up a couple of inches in the bowl - you will need the eggs to be completely submerged in the water.
LENTILS TOAST WITH FRIED EGG | CUCINABYELENA
Cuisine ItalianCategory SavoryServings 6Total Time 40 mins
- Place the onion, carrot, and celery in a large saucepan or soup pot with 2 tablespoons olive oil. Sauté gently on low heat until the vegetables are very soft and the onion is somewhat translucent, but not colored. Add the bay leaf, rosemary, thyme, tomato paste, and the dry lentils and 5 cups of water.
- Bring to a boil and then turn the heat down to a gentle simmer and cook until the lentils are tender but retain their shape (this can take as little as 20 minutes to upwards of 35 minutes, depending on the lentils. I know that seems like a big time difference but all dried beans cook a little differently). Keep checking them and add more water if necessary. Add salt to taste only once the lentils are tender, otherwise they will remain tough. Stir through chopped parsley and serve as you like (see notes for ideas).
- Make a fried eggs according to your desired taste- season with salt . After making the lentils and fried egg spoon the lentils over a thick slice of bread add your egg on top and MANGIA! MANGIA!
REFRIED LENTILS WITH EGGS & SALSA | EGGS RECIPES | JAMIE ...
Servings 4Total Time 2 hrs 5 minsCategory BreakfastCalories 579 per serving
- Peel and finely chop the onions and garlic, pick the coriander leaves and finely chop the stalks, finely chop the jalapeño, and roughly chop the tomatoes.
- Add the onions, coriander stalks and jalapeño and sauté for 10 minutes, until softened but not coloured.
UMBRIAN LENTIL STEW WITH OLIVE-OIL-FRIED EGGS RECIPE ...
5/5 Total Time 1 hr 10 minsServings 4
- In a saucepan, heat the 2 tablespoons of oil; add the prosciutto and cook over low heat until the fat has rendered.
- In a food processor, finely chop the carrot and celery. Add the vegetables to the saucepan along with the onion and garlic and cook, stirring, until the vegetables are softened, 7 minutes. Add the tomato paste and stir over moderately high heat until shiny, 1 minute. Add the lentils and 2 1/2 cups of the broth and bring to a boil. Simmer over low heat, stirring occasionally, until most of the broth has been absorbed, 25 minutes. Add 1 more cup of the broth and continue simmering until absorbed, 10 minutes. Add the remaining 1/2 cup of broth and simmer until the lentils are tender and suspended in a creamy sauce, 10 minutes longer. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat a thin film of olive oil. Crack the eggs into the skillet, season with salt and cook over moderately high heat until the edges are golden, the whites are just set and the yolks are still runny. Spoon the lentils into shallow bowls and top with the eggs and arugula. Grate the cheese over the eggs and drizzle with balsamic vinegar. Serve right away.
LENTILS WITH FRIED EGGS — MEATLESS MONDAY | FN DISH ...
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
FRIED LENTILS - TASTE OF BEIRUT
Reviews 23Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
RED LENTIL CURRY RECIPE - OLIVEMAGAZINE
Servings 4Total Time 1 hrCategory VegetarianCalories 315 per serving
RECIPE: LENTILS & LEMON-SHALLOT DRESSING WITH ROASTED ...
4/5 Total Time 45 minsCuisine AmericanCalories 680 per serving
RECIPES FOR LENTILS WITH FRIED EGGS WITH GROCERY LISTS AND ...
LENTILS WITH FRIED EGGS RECIPES
LENTILS WITH FRIED EGGS RECIPE
LENTILS WITH A FRIED EGG RECIPE • WIKI RECIPES
LENTILS WITH FRIED EGGS
THESE BAKED EGGS HAVE A SECRET: A CAN OF LENTIL SOUP ...
LENTILS WITH FRIED EGGS – RECIPES NETWORK
LENTILS WITH FRIED EGGS | FOOD NETWORK RECIPES, LENTIL ...
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How long to cook lentils in a pan?Saute over medium heat for 5 minutes. Add the dry lentils, water, and diced tomatoes and stir. Cover with a lid and reduce heat to low. Allow to simmer for about 7-10 minutes, or until the lentils are cooked to your liking (see recipe notes). Remove from heat and stir in salt, pepper, and parsley leaves. Serve with a poached egg on top.
How do you make egg curry with lentils and tomatoes?Method Step 1. Put the lentils, onions and tomatoes in a pan with the turmeric and 1 tsp salt. Step 2. Drop the eggs into boiling water, cook for 7 minutes then plunge into iced water and leave until cooled. Step 3. Heat half the oil in a pan then stir in the cumin, coriander and cardamom. Step 4.
How long to cook red lentils with poached eggs?This rustic, hearty meal of Red Lentils with Poached Eggs is ready in under 20 minutes. Red Lentils are cooked in fire-roasted diced tomatoes which give the dish so much flavor. Topped with a perfectly cooked runny poached egg, this is a great meatless lentil breakfast recipe.
What is the best meatless lentil breakfast?Red Lentils are cooked in fire-roasted diced tomatoes which give the dish so much flavor. Topped with a perfectly cooked runny poached egg, this is a great meatless lentil breakfast recipe. I will show you my trick for fool-proof microwave poached eggs.