HOMEMADE CHICKEN NUGGETS
- Place the flour in a resealable plastic bag and season with the garlic, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Place the chicken pieces in the bag with the flour and toss to coat (work in batches). Transfer the breadcrumbs to a rimmed plate, season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Whisk the egg and 1 tablespoon water in a medium bowl. Remove a piece of chicken from the flour, dip in the egg mixture, then the breadcrumbs, gently pressing the crumbs into the chicken, and set on a clean plate. Repeat with the remaining pieces of chicken.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the chicken pieces to the pan (work in batches if needed) and brown on each side, about 8 minutes total. Use a spatula to transfer the chicken nuggets to a paper-towel-lined plate. Salt while hot and serve.
BAKED CHICKEN NUGGETS
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Cut chicken breasts into 1 1/2-inch sized pieces. In a medium bowl, mix together the bread crumbs, cheese, salt, thyme and basil. Mix well. Put melted butter in a bowl or dish for dipping.
- Dip chicken pieces into the melted butter first, then coat with the breadcrumb mixture. Place the well-coated chicken pieces on a lightly greased cookie sheet in a single layer, and bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 308.4 calories, Carbohydrate 14.6 g, Cholesterol 81 mg, Fat 19.1 g, Fiber 1.4 g, Protein 19.3 g, SaturatedFat 11.4 g, Sodium 989 mg, Sugar 1.2 g
I like to make these golden chicken nuggets because they're so quick and easy. My whole family loves them. You can also use the seasoning to cook chicken breast halves. Stack them on rustic bread with mayo, lettuce and tomato for delicious sandwiches. -Annette Ellyson, Carolina, West Virginia
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In a large shallow dish, combine the first 6 ingredients. Flatten chicken to 1/2-in. thickness, then cut into 1-1/2-in. pieces. Add chicken, a few pieces at a time, to dish and turn to coat., In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil in batches until meat is no longer pink, 6-8 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 212 calories, Fat 10g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 63mg cholesterol, Sodium 435mg sodium, Carbohydrate 6g carbohydrate (0 sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 24g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
BEST AND EASIEST CHICKEN NUGGETS
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Cover a baking sheet with aluminum foil; place a wire cooling rack on top and spray with cooking spray.
- Put chicken into a gallon-size resealable plastic bag. Add ranch dressing; seal and shake bag to coat chicken evenly.
- Mix panko, Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, and parsley together in a bowl; pour into bag with chicken. Seal and shake bag to coat thoroughly. Remove from bag; place on rack in a single layer.
- Bake in the preheated oven until no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, about 15 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C). Turn broiler on high; broil until crispy, about 1 minute.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 274.4 calories, Carbohydrate 14.3 g, Cholesterol 64.2 mg, Fat 14.3 g, Fiber 0.1 g, Protein 25 g, SaturatedFat 4.2 g, Sodium 478.3 mg, Sugar 0.9 g
EASY CHICKEN NUGGETS
- 1. Season chicken 20 minutes beforehand. Pat dry. Cut into bite-sized pieces. Season with paprika and oregano. Combine crumb mixture. Beat eggs and dredge chicken pieces in egg mixture, shaking off excess. Coat chicken pieces with crumb mixture and set aside. Heat vegetable oil. Deep fry chicken pieces till golden brown. (Do not overcook as this will make the chicken nuggets dry!)
FRIED CHICKEN NUGGETS
In El Dorado, Arkansas, Dorothy Smith stirs together pancake mix and lemon-lime soda to create the quick coating for these tender chicken chunks.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 10 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Place chicken in a 2-qt. microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave on high for 6-8 minutes or until juices run clear, stirring every 2 minutes; drain. In a shallow bowl, combine the pancake mix, soda and butter., Heat oil in an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer to 375°. Dip chicken cubes into batter; fry in oil, in batches, for about 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 383 calories, Fat 19g fat (5g saturated fat), Cholesterol 75mg cholesterol, Sodium 542mg sodium, Carbohydrate 26g carbohydrate (4g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 26g protein.
- In a plastic bag, mix the flour, seasoned salt and some salt and pepper. In a bowl, mix the eggs with 2 tablespoons water. In a separate bowl, add the breadcrumbs.
- Shake the chicken pieces in the bag to coat. In batches, dip them in the egg wash, then in the breadcrumbs.
- Heat about 2 inches of vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until a few breadcrumbs dropped in the oil start to sizzle immediately. Fry the chicken, in batches if needed, until golden brown and cooked through, a couple minutes per side. Drain on a paper towel and serve with ketchup.
More about "light chicken nuggets recipes"
CHICKEN NUGGETS (PERFECTLY CRISPY & EASY!) - DINNER, THEN ...
5/5 (4)Total Time 35 minsCategory MainCalories 264 per serving
- Remove each piece of chicken and coat with the flour mixture then place chicken on a baking sheet until all the pieces are coated.
EASY HOMEMADE BAKED CHICKEN NUGGETS - BOWL OF DELICIOUS
5/5 (2)Total Time 25 minsCategory ChickenCalories 274 per serving
- Cut the chicken into 1- 1.5 inch bite-sized pieces. Place in a bowl and drizzle with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil and coat evenly using a spoon.
- Mix the remaining 2 tablespoons of the olive oil, breadcrumbs (1/3 cup), grated parmesan (2 tablespoons), kosher salt (1/2 teaspoon), black pepper (1/4 teaspoon), and any other seasonings you are using in a bowl until everything is well-coated in the oil.
- Coat each piece of chicken evenly in the breadcrumb mixture, getting it as thick as possible and pressing it into the chicken so it sticks. Place on an ungreased rimmed baking sheet.
THE BEST BAKED CHICKEN NUGGETS - THESTAYATHOMECHEF.COM
4.6/5 (8)Total Time 35 minsCategory Main DishCalories 333 per serving
- Working one at a time, or in small batches, dip chicken pieces in melted butter to coat, then transfer to bread crumb mixture to coat. Place on the prepared baking sheet, leaving at least 1 inch between each piece.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes until cooked through and chicken is no longer pink in the middle, or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
HOMEMADE CHICKEN NUGGETS - MOM ON TIMEOUT
Servings 6Calories 362 per servingCategory Main Dish
- Preheat the oven to 400° F. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper or foil and top with a wire rack. Spray wire racks with nonstick spray and set aside.
- Whisk eggs and water together in a medium bowl. Add the chicken pieces and toss to coat. Set aside. (Optional: Toss chicken in flour before adding to the egg mixture for an extra thick breading.)
- In a small bowl mix together the breadcrumbs, corn starch, garlic powder, salt, pepper, onion powder, oregano, and smoked paprika. Transfer to a large resealable plastic bag.
- Remove the chicken nuggets from the bowl using tongs or a fork, allowing any excess egg mixture to drip off. Place in bag with breadcrumb mixture. (Do this in batches.) Shake to coat well.
MCDONALD’S CHICKEN NUGGETS RECIPE » RECIPEFAIRY.COM
4.2/5 (629)Total Time 30 minsCategory Main
- Place the chicken in a food processor with the salt and one egg. Blend until it forms a paste-like consistency.
- In a shallow bowl or container, place the corn starch. Using wet hands, take a handful of blended chicken and shape into a nugget. Cover the nugget with corn starch, shake off the excess and place on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Finish shaping and coating the nuggets before moving on to the next step.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the water, one egg, mustard, garlic and onion powder, ground pepper and all-purpose flour. You should have a thick but runny batter. Place one nugget at a time in the batter and place it back onto the lined baking sheet.
EASY HOMEMADE HEALTHY CHICKEN NUGGETS RECIPE | SIMMER TO ...
4.5/5 (18)Total Time 17 minsCategory SnacksCalories 60 per serving
- Combine all the ingredients except the ground chicken and oil. Reserve about 3-4 tablespoons of the breadcrumbs for coating.
- Add the ground chicken to the seasonings + egg mixture and combine them. Shape them into balls (about 2-inches) and then flatten them.
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat. Add a tablespoon of oil and fry the chicken nuggets in batches (if needed). Fry them for a couple of minutes on each side till they are golden brown.
HOMEMADE CHICKEN NUGGETS - SIMPLY DELICIOUS
4.2/5 (22)Total Time 40 minsCategory Appetizer, Lunch, SnackCalories 293 per serving
- Coat the chicken first in the flour, then in the eggs and finally in the flour again. For a thicker coating, repeat the breading.
EASY CHICKEN NUGGETS | WEELICIOUS
Calories 50 per serving
- 2. Place the first 6 ingredients in a food processor until chicken is finely chopped and ingredients are combined.3. Place the bread crumbs and parmesan cheese in a shallow bowl or on a plate and stir to combine.4. With moistened hands, roll 1 tablespoon of chicken mixture between your palms and flatten it into a ânuggetâ shape.5. Gently press nuggets into bread crumbs to evenly coat them.*6. Place nuggets on a cooling rack. Place cooling rack over a foil-lined baking sheet.7. Lightly spray nuggets with cooking spray.8. Bake for 15 minutes and serve.*** To freeze, place nuggets on a sheet tray after this step and freeze for one hour. Place nuggets in labeled freezer bags for up to 3 months. When ready to cook, follow the directions starting with step #6.** If you want your nuggets to be golden brown, place under the broiler for 2 minutes after cooking.
HOMEMADE CHICKEN NUGGETS RECIPE - EASY CHICKEN RECIPES
Ratings 10Calories 410 per servingCategory Appetizer, Main Course
- Slice chicken breasts in half lengthwise and then cut into chunks, approximately 1 ½ x 1 ½ x ½ inch. Try to keep the pieces a similar size to ensure even cooking times.
- In a second small bowl, combine breadcrumbs, seasoned salt, pepper, garlic powder, italian seasoning, and parsley.
- Dip each chicken piece in the egg mixture and then the breadcrumb mixture. Place the breaded chicken on a plate until all are finished.
RIDICULOUSLY EASY HOMEMADE CHICKEN NUGGETS
5/5 (1)Category DinnerAuthor Cindy FreemanCalories 277 per serving
HEALTHY, HOMEMADE CHICKEN NUGGETS | COOKING LIGHT
Estimated Reading Time 1 min
CHICKEN NUGGETS RECIPE - BBC FOOD
Cuisine AmericanCategory Main CourseServings 4
8 WAYS TO TRANSFORM CHICKEN NUGGETS INTO DINNER IN 5 ...
Estimated Reading Time 6 mins
- Chicken Mashed Potato Bowl. Ingredients: Mashed Potatoes Yummy Dino Buddies Mixed Vegetables Shredded Cheddar Gravy. Directions: Place mashed potatoes in individual serving bowls.
- Honey Mustard Chicken Chopped Salad. Ingredients: Yummy Dino Buddies, fully cooked Salad Mix Sliced Avocado Crumbled Bacon Honey Mustard Dressing. Directions: Chop all ingredients, except dressing.
- Buffalo Chicken Pizza. Ingredients: Yummy Dino Buddies, fully cooked, chopped if desired Refrigerated Pizza Crust Buffalo Sauce Ranch Shredded Cheese. Directions: Roll out pizza crust onto a baking sheet or pizza pan.
- Sweet and Sour Chicken. Ingredients: Yummy Dino Buddies, White or Brown Rice, cooked to package instructions Sweet and Sour Sauce Frozen or Canned Peas & Carrots, cooked.
- Ranch Chicken Wraps. Ingredients: Wraps Lettuce Yummy Dino Buddies, fully cooked Shredded Cheese Ranch. Directions: Lay out wraps. Place lettuce, Dino Buddies, and shredded cheese liberally onto each wrap.
- Cheesy Chicken Sliders. Ingredients: Slider Buns Yummy Dino Buddies, thawed Mayo Lettuce Your Favorite Cheese Slices (we use cheddar or pepper jack) Directions: Lay out the bottoms of the slider buns on a large baking sheet.
- Chicken Parmesan Spaghetti Bake. Ingredients: Spaghetti, cooked to package instructions Yummy Dino Buddies Spaghetti Sauce (marinara or red sauce- I usually use about 2 (24-ounce) jars) Grated Parmesan Shredded Mozzarella.
- Chicken Tacos. Ingredients: Yummy Dino Buddies, fully cooked Tortillas Black Beans Pico de Gallo Sour Cream (or any of your other favorite toppings) Directions: Assemble Dino Buddies in tortillas with black beans, pico de gallo, sour cream, and any of your other favorite toppings.
EASY CHICKEN NUGGETS – BEST HOMEMADE CHICKEN NUGGETS ...
Ratings 2Category DinnerCuisine AmericanTotal Time 15 mins
SIMPLE CHICKEN NUGGETS | BBC GOOD FOOD
Cuisine EnglishTotal Time 30 minsServings 4
MAPLE WAFFLE CHICKEN NUGGETS RECIPE : WATCH MASTERCHEF ...
CHICKEN NUGGET RECIPE - NUGGET MARKETS MICHELADA RECIPE ...
QUICK AND EASY KETO HOMEMADE CHICKEN NUGGETS - LOW CARB ...
SUPER EASY CHICKEN NUGGETS RECIPE THAT YOUR CHILDREN WILL LOVE
10 BEST CASSEROLES WITH CHICKEN NUGGETS RECIPES | YUMMLY
EASY CHICKEN NUGGETS RECIPE | చికెన్ నగ్గెట్స్ | SUPER ...
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #main-dish #poultry #chicken #dietary #high-protein #high-in-something #meat
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
Is it easy to make homemade chicken nuggets?Chicken Nuggets are a favorite American snack, and they are surprisingly easy to make. In fact, they may end up being one of your new favorite dinner recipes. Homemade Chicken Nuggets are much easier to make than you think and are better for you than your traditional fast food.
Are there any Easy Chicken Nuggets on Weelicious?Easy Chicken Nuggets delivers on the easy part of its name, but they're insanely delicious too. It's a recipe request that I received tons of emails and messages about from the time I started creating recipes for Weelicious. To this day, people just discovering the site will search for a chicken nugget recipe.
What's the best thing to serve with chicken nuggets?These homemade chicken nuggets are a favorite here! Perfectly crispy and super easy to make, you can serve them as an appetizer with your favorite dips or as a main with a side of fries and salad or veggies. For more classic American chicken recipes, be sure to check out my Chicken Mac and Cheese and Baked Chicken Tenders.
What's the best way to deep fry chicken nuggets?In a large bowl, combine the water, one egg, mustard, spices and flour. Place the nuggets in the batter and place back onto the baking sheet. Place the sheet in the freezer and allow them to freeze for 1 hour. Heat your oil to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Deep fry the first batch for 5 minutes.