LISA'S ALL-DAY SUGAR & SALT PORK ROAST
- Combine 1 cup sea salt and granulated sugar; rub onto all sides of roast. Place in a shallow dish; refrigerate, covered, overnight., Preheat oven to 300°. Using a kitchen knife, scrape salt and sugar coating from roast; discard any accumulated juices. Transfer pork to a large shallow roasting pan. Rub with barbecue seasoning; sprinkle with pepper. Roast until tender, 6-8 hours., Increase oven temperature to 500°. Combine brown sugar and 1 Tbsp. sea salt; sprinkle over cooked pork. Return pork to oven and roast until a crisp crust forms, 10-15 minutes. Remove; when cool enough to handle, shred meat with 2 forks. Serve warm on fresh buns or rolls. Freeze Option: Freeze cooled meat with some of the juices in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a saucepan, stirring occasionally; add water if necessary.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 534 calories, Fat 24g fat (9g saturated fat), Cholesterol 135mg cholesterol, Sodium 2240mg sodium, Carbohydrate 33g carbohydrate (14g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 43g protein.
ROASTED SALT-AND SPICE-PACKED PORK LOIN
Provided by Gabrielle Hamilton
Categories Pork Roast Christmas Low Cal Dinner Pork Tenderloin Spice Healthy Christmas Eve Bon Appétit Sugar Conscious Paleo Dairy Free Wheat/Gluten-Free Peanut Free Tree Nut Free Soy Free No Sugar Added Kosher
Yield Makes 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Position rack in center of oven and preheat to 250°F. Sprinkle pork roast all over with 1 teaspoon coarse salt, 1 teaspoon pepper, and fennel seeds, patting to adhere. Heat olive oil in heavy large roasting pan over medium-high heat. Place pork, fat side down, in pan. Cook until brown on all sides and on ends, holding pork upright with tongs when necessary, about 12 minutes. Transfer pork to baking sheet and cool completely, about 20 minutes.
- Combine 8 cups coarse salt, 2/3 cup black pepper, allspice, and juniper berries in same roasting pan. Stir to blend. Add 1 cup water and stir to moisten. Push 2/3 to 3/4 of salt mixture to 1 side of pan, spreading remaining salt in long wide strip (about size of roast) as base for pork. Place pork, bone side down, on salt base. Pack remaining salt over entire roast, enclosing completely.
- Roast pork in salt crust until instantread thermometer inserted straight down into pork from top center registers 165°F, about 2 1/2 hours.
- Transfer roasting pan to work surface. Let pork rest 10 to 20 minutes. Remove all salt from around pork. Transfer pork to cutting board, brushing off any remaining salt. Position roast so that bones are vertical. Cut between bones and meat to remove bone slab in 1 piece.
- Place bone slab on platter. Arrange roast atop bones in original position. Carve roast and serve.
- Sold in the spice aisle of most supermarkets.
- What to drink:
- With the pork, pour a Côtes du Rhône. We like the Domaine Rouge-Bleu 2007 "Mistral" (France, $18). Its blackberry and earthy flavors and anise notes complement the meat deliciously.
EASY ROASTED PORK
Delicious, easy pork roast that everyone raves about.
Provided by Denise Jo Garner
Categories Meat and Poultry Recipes Pork
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Lightly flour an oven bag.
- In a small bowl, blend brown sugar, applesauce, and ginger.
- Place pork roast in the prepared oven bag. Pour the brown sugar mixture over the roast. Seal bag, and cut several small slits in the top.
- Cook the roast 1 hour in the preheated oven, or until the internal temperature has reached 145 degrees F (63 degrees C).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 402.1 calories, Carbohydrate 26.4 g, Cholesterol 95.3 mg, Fat 19 g, Fiber 0.2 g, Protein 29.9 g, SaturatedFat 6.6 g, Sodium 83.4 mg, Sugar 25.5 g
LISA'S FAVORITE CARNE ASADA MARINADE
I've tried many marinade recipes for carne asada, and this is our family favorite!
Provided by Lisa Arlotti
Categories Side Dish Sauces and Condiments Recipes Marinade Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Combine the orange, lemon, and lime juice in a large glass or ceramic bowl along with the garlic, soy sauce, chipotle pepper, chili power, ground cumin, paprika, dried oregano, black pepper, and cilantro. Slowly whisk in the olive oil until marinade is well combined. Remove one cup of the marinade and place in a small bowl, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for use after the meat is cooked.
- Place the flank steak between two sheets of heavy plastic (resealable freezer bags work well) on a solid, level surface. Firmly pound the steak with the smooth side of a meat mallet to a thickness of 1/4 inch. After pounding, poke steak all over with a fork. Add the meat to the marinade in the large bowl, cover, and allow to marinate in the refrigerator for 24 hours.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat, and lightly oil the grate.
- Remove the steak from the marinade and grill to desired doneness, about 5 minutes per side for medium rare. Discard used marinade. Remove meat from heat and slice across the grain.
- Pour the one cup of reserved, unused marinade over the hot meat and serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 206.7 calories, Carbohydrate 5.7 g, Cholesterol 25.3 mg, Fat 14 g, Fiber 1 g, Protein 15 g, SaturatedFat 3.2 g, Sodium 640.4 mg, Sugar 2 g
More about "lisas all day sugar salt pork roast recipes"
SUGAR AND SALT PORK WITH ROASTED SWEET POTATOES AND ... - FOOD …
Author Kristine F SubidoSteps 20Difficulty Intermediate
SLOW COOKER HONEY APPLE PORK ROAST - MY ORGANIZED CHAOS
10 BEST BROWN SUGAR PORK SHOULDER ROAST RECIPES | YUMMLY
ROASTED SALT- AND SPICE-PACKED PORK LOIN RECIPE - BON APPéTIT
SUNDAY PORK ROAST - THE STAY AT HOME CHEF
BROWN SUGAR PORK ROAST RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
RECIPETHING - ALL-DAY SUGAR & SALT PORK ROAST
LEFTOVER PORK ROAST RECIPES / BEST 25+ LEFTOVER ROAST BEEF IDEAS …
LISA'S ALL-DAY SUGAR & SALT PORK ROAST | SNOOZERMOOSE | COPY ME …
LISA’S ALL-DAY SUGAR & SALT PORK ROAST | RECIPE | RECIPES, …
LISA'S ALL-DAY SUGAR & SALT PORK ROAST RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
LISA'S ALL-DAY SUGAR & SALT PORK ROAST | PUNCHFORK
LISA’S ALL-DAY SUGAR & SALT PORK ROAST - VISUALIZATION WOMAN
LISA’S LAZY POT ROAST - PIEDMONT GROCERY
LISAS ALL DAY SUGAR SALT PORK ROAST- WIKIFOODHUB
10 BEST SWEET PORK ROAST RECIPES | YUMMLY
SALT PORK RECIPE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
LISA'S ALL-DAY SUGAR & SALT PORK ROAST | MARYANNEDON | COPY ME …
SALT SUGAR BRINE FOR PORK - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
SALT-CRUSTED PORK ROAST RECIPE - COOKING CHANNEL
BROWN SUGAR PORK ROAST WILL IMPRESS EVEN YOUR PICKIEST EATERS
LISA’S ALL-DAY SUGAR & SALT PORK ROAST - AL BUGLE
50 VINTAGE SOUTHERN RECIPES TO ENJOY TODAY - AOL
MARINATED PORK LOIN ROAST RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT | TASTE OF HOME
PORK ROAST RIB END RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
HTTPS://WWW.TASTEOFHOME.COM/RECIPE... - SWEET & SAVORY RECIPES
SALT CONTAINERS RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
SUGAR & SALT PORK ROAST | SALT PORK, PORK ROAST, PORK
SLOW COOKER SALT CRUSTED PORK ROAST - POCKET CHANGE GOURMET
PORK ROAST WITH MANGO CHUTNEY - MY OWN SWEET THYME
HOW TO SALT A ROAST | COOK'S ILLUSTRATED
LISA'S ALL-DAY SUGAR & SALT PORK ROAST RECIPE - MASTERCOOK
LOCAL DISH RECIPE WITH LISA PRINCE – PORK MUSTARD GLAZE - GOT TO …
LISA'S ALL-DAY SUGAR & SALT PORK ROAST RECIPE: HOW TO …
HOW TO MAKE LOUISIANA CHICKEN PASTA EXACTLY LIKE THE CHEESECAKE …
SALT CRUSTED PORK ROAST - HAPPY BELLY FOODIE
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love