FAVORITE COCONUT CAKE
When I need an impressive dessert for a special occasion, this is the recipe I turn to. My guests are glad I do! -Edna Hoffman, Hebron, Indiana
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 16 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Place 4 egg whites in a large bowl; let stand at room temperature 30 minutes. Line bottoms of 3 greased 9-in. round baking pans with parchment; grease parchment. Preheat oven to 350°., Cream butter and 1 cup sugar until light and fluffy, 5-7 minutes; beat in extracts. In another bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk., With clean beaters, beat the 4 egg whites on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually add remaining sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating on high after each addition until sugar is dissolved. Continue beating until stiff glossy peaks form. Fold into batter. , Transfer to prepared pans. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 13-17 minutes. Cool in pans 10 minutes before removing to wire racks; remove paper. Cool completely., For frosting, in a large heatproof bowl, whisk 5 egg whites, sugar, water and cream of tartar until blended. Place over simmering water in a large saucepan over medium heat; whisking constantly, heat mixture until a thermometer reads 160°, 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat; add vanilla. Beat on high speed until stiff glossy peaks form, about 7 minutes., Spread between layers and over top and sides of cake. Cover with coconut. If desired, decorate with sprinkles. Store, uncovered, in refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 400 calories, Fat 16g fat (11g saturated fat), Cholesterol 24mg cholesterol, Sodium 341mg sodium, Carbohydrate 62g carbohydrate (41g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 5g protein.
LITE COCONUT CAKE
This cake tastes so great that your guests won't know the calories are missing!
Provided by Sue Snow
Categories Desserts Cakes Cake Mix Cake Recipes White Cake
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Prepare cake mix according to directions, using a 2 egg carton of egg substitute if desired. Bake in two 9 inch round layers; split layers horizontally when cool to make 4 layers.
- Blend together sugar, sour cream and coconut and chill. Spread all but 1 cup of this mixture between the layers. Blend the remaining cup of mixture with the whipped topping and spread on the top and sides of the cake. Seal cake in airtight container and refrigerate for at least one to three days before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 289.4 calories, Carbohydrate 52.9 g, Cholesterol 2.8 mg, Fat 7.7 g, Fiber 1.4 g, Protein 3.1 g, SaturatedFat 4.2 g, Sodium 300.9 mg, Sugar 40.6 g
COCONUT & LIME CAKE
Get a taste of the tropical with this creamy coconut and lime sponge cake
Provided by Good Food team
Categories Afternoon tea, Buffet, Dessert, Snack, Treat
Yield Cuts into 10 slices
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Heat oven to 190C/fan 170C/gas 5. Butter two 20cm sandwich tins and line with non-stick baking paper. Grate the 200g block of creamed coconut and keep half of it aside. Then in a large bowl, beat all the cake ingredients (including half of the grated block of creamed coconut) together until you have a smooth, soft batter.
- Divide the mixture between the tins, smooth the surface with a spatula or the back of a spoon, then bake for about 20 mins until golden and the cake springs back when pressed. Turn onto a cooling rack and leave to cool completely.
- For the frosting, mix together the remaining creamed coconut, zest and juice of 2 limes. Microwave on High for 30 secs until the coconut melts.
- Make the buttercream by beating the butter until smooth and creamy and gradually beating in icing sugar . Then beat in the cooled coconut mix and 2-3 tbsp Malibu (optional) until it becomes marshmallowy.
- Fill the cooled sponges with a third of the frosting, cover the sides and top with the rest and coat the sides with the toasted desiccated coconut. Keep in an airtight container and eat within 2 days.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 670 calories, Fat 48 grams fat, SaturatedFat 34 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 54 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 36 grams sugar, Fiber 2 grams fiber, Protein 7 grams protein, Sodium 0.9 milligram of sodium
LITE COCONUT CREAM CAKE
This has become a family favorite at Easter. No one will know that it's lite on calories. You can color the coconut on top to make it more festive.
Provided by kmdipaolo
Yield 16 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Spray 13 x 9 inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- Prepare mix according to package directions, omitting oil and adding 6 tablespoons coconut.
- Pour into baking pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let cool 10 minutes on a wire rack.
- Punch holes in top of the cake with a wooden pick.
- Combine sweetened condensed milk and coconut extract; stir well.
- Pour half of mixture over warm cake, gently working mixture into holes.
- Let stand 2-3 minutes.
- Punch additional holes in the top of cake and repeat process.
- Let cake cool completely.
- Spread whipped topping over cake; sprinkle with remaining 6 tablespoons of coconut.
- Cover and chill at least 4 hours.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 38.2, Fat 2.5, SaturatedFat 2.2, Cholesterol 0.1, Sodium 16.5, Carbohydrate 3.7, Fiber 0.2, Sugar 3.5, Protein 0.3
COCONUT LAYER CAKE
For the coconut lover, a teetering creation of tender sour-cream cake, coconut filling, and piles of seven-minute frosting. This recipe yields a six-layer cake. However, if you prefer the look of five layers, the extra cake layer makes a delicious snack.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Categories Food & Cooking Dessert & Treats Recipes Cake Recipes
Yield Makes three 6-inch layers
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees. Arrange two racks in the center of the oven. Line the bottom of three 6-by-2-inch buttered round cake pans with parchment paper. Dust the bottom and the sides of the cake pans with flour, and tap out any excess. Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt, and set the bowl aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream butter on medium-low speed until fluffy, 1 to 2 minutes. Gradually add sugar, and keep beating until the mixture is fluffy and light in color, about 3 minutes. Gradually drizzle in egg yolks, beating on medium-low speed between each addition until the batter is no longer slick. Beat until the mixture is fluffy again, about another 3 minutes.
- Alternate adding flour mixture and sour cream to the batter, a little of each at a time, starting and ending with the flour mixture. Beat in vanilla. Divide the batter between the prepared cake pans. Bake until a cake tester inserted into the center of each cake comes out clean, 30 to 40 minutes, rotating the pans in the oven, if needed, for even browning. Transfer cake pans to wire racks to cool, about 15 minutes. Remove cakes from pans, and let cool completely on racks, tops up.
- To assemble, remove parchment paper from the bottoms of cakes. Split each layer in half horizontally with a serrated knife. Set aside the prettiest dome; it will be used for the final layer. Place another domed layer, dome side down, on the serving platter. Sprinkle 2 to 3 tablespoons of flaked coconut over the cake. Spread a generous 1/2 cup coconut-cream filling over coconut flakes. Repeat sprinkling and spreading process on the remaining layers until all but the reserved domed layer are used. Top cake with the reserved domed layer. Transfer cake to the refrigerator to firm for 1 hour. Remove from the refrigerator, and frost the outside of cake with seven-minute frosting. Sprinkle remaining coconut flakes all over cake while frosting is soft; do not refrigerate. Cake can be left out at room temperature for several days.
DOUBLE COCONUT CAKE WITH FLUFFY COCONUT FROSTING
Make and share this Double Coconut Cake With Fluffy Coconut Frosting recipe from Food.com.
Provided by Derf2440
Yield 14 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 18
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Coat 2 (9 inch) round cake pans with cooking spray, dust with 1 tablespoon flour.
- Combine 2 1/4 cups flour, baking powder,and salt, stirring with a whisk.
- Place sugar and butter in a large bowl, beat with a mixer at medium speed until well blended (for about 5 minutes).
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add flour mixture and milk alternately to sugar mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Pour batter into prepared pans.
- Sharply tap the pans once on countertop to remove air bubbles.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Cool in pans 10 minutes on wire racks, and remove from pans.
- Cool completely on wire racks.
- Place 1 cake layer on a plate, spread with 1 cup fluffy coconut frosting.
- Sprinkle with 1/3 cup coconut.
- Top with remaining cake layer, spread remaining frosting over top and sides of cake.
- Sprinkle with 1/3 cup coconut over top of cake.
- Store cake loosely covered in refrigerator.
- Fluffy coconut Frosting:.
- Place egg whites, cream of tartar, and salt in a large bowl, beat with a mixer at high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Combine sugar and water in a saucepan, bring to a boil.
- Cook, without stirring, until candy thermometer registers 238 degrees.
- Pour hot sugar syrup in a thin steam over egg whites, beating at high speed.
- Stir in extracts.
More about "lite coconut cake recipes"
CLASSIC COCONUT CAKE - DINNER, THEN DESSERT
TOWERING COCONUT LAYER CAKE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
COCONUT LIME LAYER CAKE RECIPE | LAND O’LAKES
LITE COCONUT CAKE - WHITE CAKE - WORLDRECIPES.ORG
AMAZING CHOCOLATE COCONUT CAKE - PRETTY. SIMPLE. SWEET.
RECIPES ON CAKE CENTRAL
SOFT FLUFFY AND STICKY COCONUT CAKE RECIPE FROM LILY VANILLI …
LIGHT FLUFFY COCONUT CAKE RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
THE BEST COCONUT CAKE RECIPE - THE SEASONED MOM
FLUFFY & MOIST COCONUT CAKE - SALLY'S BAKING ADDICTION
23 DREAMY COCONUT CAKE RECIPES | TASTE OF HOME
LEMON COCONUT CAKE - SALLY'S BAKING ADDICTION
BEST COCONUT LAYER CAKE RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE COCONUT CAKE
LIGHT, FLUFFY, AND TENDER COCONUT CAKE | KARA'S COUTURE CAKES
THE BEST COCONUT CREAM CAKE | CAKE BY COURTNEY
COCONUT CAKE RECIPE | LEITE'S CULINARIA
COCONUT DATE PUDDING CAKE - THE RECIPE REBEL
LIGHT COCONUT CAKE RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
12 COCONUT CAKE RECIPES TO CELEBRATE | ALLRECIPES
ULTIMATE COCONUT CAKE: EASY TO MAKE & SO MOIST! -BAKING A MOMENT
COCONUT CAKE RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
LITE COCONUT CAKE - SIDE DISH RECIPES
OLD-FASHIONED COCONUT CAKE | KING ARTHUR BAKING
BEST EVER COCONUT CAKE RECIPE - COOKING CLASSY
LITE COCONUT CAKE | RECIPESTY
LIME AND COCONUT CAKE - EASY ONE-BOWL RECIPE BY VJ COOKS
THE BEST SOUTHERN COCONUT CAKE RECIPE
LITE COCONUT CAKE - BIGOVEN.COM
LEMON COCONUT CAKE WITH LEMON CURD FILLING | MY CAKE SCHOOL
COCONUT CAKE WITH COCONUT FROSTING | LIFE MADE SIMPLE
AMAZING COCONUT CAKE - SWEETEST MENU
THE MOST AMAZING COCONUT CAKE - THE STAY AT HOME CHEF
THE BEST COCONUT CAKE RECIPE (WITH COCONUT FROSTING!)
LITE COCONUT CAKE - YUM TASTE
COCONUT FLOUR CAKE | MOIST AND PERFECT EVERY TIME
COCONUT CAKE - LIVE WELL BAKE OFTEN
COCONUT LIME ICEBOX CAKE RECIPES
LITE COCONUT CREAM CAKE - PLAIN.RECIPES
PERFECT COCONUT SHEET CAKE RECIPE - SHE WEARS MANY HATS
LIGHT COCONUT CHRISTMAS CAKE – THE BEST OF BRIDGE
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love