Not too sweet, nice slightly resinous flavor from the rosemary. A little lemon zest or even a bit of chile pepper would be a good addition. From"Herbivoracious", by Michael Natkin, who recommends this sauce for blintzes or vanilla ice cream. Also good on cornmeal pancakes. If you like a fruity sauce with duck, a little of this would be nice. Fresh rosemary is a must, dried leaves would be too intense.
Provided by zeldaz51
Yield 1 cup
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan set over medium heat. When the mixture reaches a simmer, reduce the heat to low and cook, stirring occasionally. Taste and add more minced rosemary, if necessary, and continue simmering the sauce until the blueberries have mostly broken down and it is thick enough, in between a syrup and a jam (test the cooled consistency by dropping a bit on a chilled saucer).
- Serve immediately or let it cool and store it in the fridge for several days.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 393.1, Fat 1.2, SaturatedFat 0.1, Sodium 4, Carbohydrate 100.7, Fiber 8.4, Sugar 84.8, Protein 2.6
BLUEBERRY ROSEMARY BRAMBLE
- Add the gin, lime juice, Rosemary Simple Syrup and blueberries to a cocktail shaker and fill with ice. Cover and shake vigorously for 10 to 15 seconds.
- Fill an 8- to 12-ounce glass with ice and strain the cocktail over the ice. Garnish with a rosemary sprig and a few blueberries.
- Add the sugar, rosemary sprigs and 1 cup water to a small saucepan. Bring the mixture to a low simmer, stirring regularly, until the sugar has completely dissolved and the rosemary is fragrant, about 3 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and cool completely. Once cooled, remove and discard the rosemary sprigs.
EASY BLUEBERRY SAUCE
- Combine blueberries, sugar, water, and cornstarch in a saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until thickened, about 10 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 76.5 calories, Carbohydrate 19.7 g, Fat 0.1 g, Fiber 0.4 g, Protein 0.1 g, Sodium 0.5 mg, Sugar 18.5 g
- Reduce white wine to approximately 4 to 5 ounces by simmering.
- Add shallots and rosemary, and continue simmering, stirring occasionally.
- When the mixture has been reduced to approximately 1½ to 2 ounces, add heavy cream and further reduce to 4 ounces.
- Whisk in Dijon mustard.
- Serve immediately.
PAN-SEARED DUCK BREAST WITH BLUEBERRY SAUCE
Pan-seared duck breast with blueberry sauce atop a bed of bok choy, wild mushrooms, pancetta, and shallots. Served with a side of roasted potatoes seasoned with rosemary and thyme.
Provided by rmdalrymple
Number Of Ingredients 19
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). In a small bowl mix together the salt, ground black pepper, thyme, and rosemary; set aside. This will be your spice blend for seasoning the roasted potatoes and the duck breasts.
- Place cubed potatoes into a 9x13 inch baking dish. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle 2 tablespoons of your spice blend over the top of the potatoes. Toss the potatoes in the pan until they are evenly coated with oil and seasonings. Spread into a single layer across the bottom of the baking dish and bake for 35 to 40 minutes in the preheated oven.
- While the potatoes are roasting, stir together the blueberries, water, apple juice, sugar, and jalapeno in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, then reduce heat to low, and simmer until the mixture has reduced to the consistency of syrup, about 10 minutes.
- Cook the pancetta in a large skillet over medium heat until crispy. Remove the pancetta to drain on a paper towel, leaving the drippings in the skillet. Add the shallots and the mushrooms to the hot skillet; stir and cook them until soft and just beginning to brown. Remove the shallots and mushrooms and set aside. Increase heat to medium-high and place the bok choy in the hot skillet. Stir and cook the bok choy until the leaves are wilted and the white stalk pieces are tender, about 5 minutes. Return the shallots, mushrooms, and pancetta to the skillet, turn off the heat and set aside.
- Rinse the duck breast halves and pat dry. Rub the remaining spice blend onto both sides of the duck breasts. Preheat a large skillet over medium-high heat, when the pan is hot put in the vegetable oil and butter. Immediately place the duck breasts in the pan, skin and fat side down. Do not move the duck breasts until the skin is deep brown, about 5 minutes. Turn the breasts and cook until the internal temperature of the thickest part is 160 degrees F (71 degrees C) for well done. Remove the duck from the pan and place on a plate, covered with foil to rest for 5 minutes. While the duck is resting, place the skillet with the bok choy mixture onto a burner over medium heat to warm through.
- Slice each duck breast diagonally into 1/2 inch strips. Divide the bok choy mixture among four plates and drizzle each serving with 1/2 tablespoon of aged balsamic vinegar. Arrange the sliced duck breasts on top of the bok choy mixture; ladle on blueberry sauce. Serve with oven-roasted potatoes on the side.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 846.1 calories, Carbohydrate 111.7 g, Cholesterol 121.1 mg, Fat 32.9 g, Fiber 12.9 g, Protein 33.2 g, SaturatedFat 7.3 g, Sodium 1589.3 mg, Sugar 53 g
PORK WITH BLUEBERRY HERB SAUCE
A different and delicious way to use blueberries, this tangy, sweet-savory sauce would also be great over chicken. The blend of berries and balsamic is wonderful! -Libby Walp, Chicago
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 12
- In a small bowl, combine the garlic, pepper, salt and cayenne; sprinkle over pork., In a large ovenproof skillet coated with cooking spray, brown pork chops. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Remove pork and keep warm., Add remaining ingredients to the pan. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened, about 8 minutes. Serve with pork.,
Nutrition Facts : Calories 343 calories, Fat 12g fat (5g saturated fat), Cholesterol 87mg cholesterol, Sodium 364mg sodium, Carbohydrate 25g carbohydrate (21g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 33g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
ROSEMARY PORK WITH BERRY PORT SAUCE
Rosemary and blueberries pair perfectly together and go great with a tenderloin of pork. Wild rice is a nice accompaniment.-Heather Zgaljardic, League City, Texas
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings (1-3/4 cups sauce).
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Rub pork with oil; sprinkle with rosemary, salt and pepper. Place on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake at 425° for 20-30 minutes or until a thermometer reads 145°., Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, saute shallot in oil. Stir in the remaining sauce ingredients. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced by half. Cool slightly. Transfer to a blender; cover and process until blended. , Let pork stand for 5 minutes; slice and serve with sauce.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 217 calories, Fat 6g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 63mg cholesterol, Sodium 414mg sodium, Carbohydrate 12g carbohydrate (9g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 23g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
More about "rosemary blueberry sauce recipes"
PALEO BLUEBERRY BALSAMIC STEAK SAUCE - STARSEED KITCHEN
FRENCH CHICKEN IN BLUEBERRY BALSAMIC RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
LEMON YOGURT MOUSSE WITH BLUEBERRY SAUCE - A HINT OF ROSEMARY
SCALLOP CROSTINI WITH BLUEBERRY-ROSEMARY SAUCE
STEAKS WITH BLUEBERRY-ROSEMARY SAUCE RECIPE
ROSEMARY CHICKEN WITH BLUEBERRY SAUCE - ALLRECIPES.COM RECIPE
BLACKBERRY BALSAMIC ROSEMARY SAUCE - BIGOVEN
ROSEMARY CHICKEN WITH BLUEBERRY SAUCE RECIPE
ROSEMARY CHICKEN WITH BLUEBERRY SAUCE - PLAIN.RECIPES
SAVORY BALSAMIC BLUEBERRY SAUCE - ROCKY MOUNTAIN COOKING
BLUEBERRY BALSAMIC CHICKEN RECIPE WITH ROSEMARY
BLUEBERRY BOURBON BABY BACK RIBS - VINDULGE
BLUEBERRY, SHALLOT & ROSEMARY SAUCE – PRICELESS MAGAZINES
BEST FIG AND ROSEMARY CRANBERRY SAUCE RECIPE - GOOD …
LAMB CHOPS WITH ROSEMARY BLUEBERRY SAUCE — GELSON’S
BLUEBERRY AND ROSEMARY SCONES - NATURE'S TOUCH
A REFRESHING BLUEBERRY-ROSEMARY LEMON MOCKTAIL - SAUCE
ROSEMARY CHICKEN WITH BLUEBERRY SAUCE - GLUTEN FREE RECIPES
ROSEMARY CHICKEN WITH BLUEBERRY SAUCE | RECIPESTY
PORK TENDERLOIN WITH BLUEBERRY SAUCE RECIPE | ONTARIO PORK
ROSEMARY CHICKEN WITH BLUEBERRY SAUCE BEST DISHES
RICOTTA PANCAKES WITH ROSEMARY CREAM & BLUEBERRY SAUCE
SPICY BLUEBERRY SAUCE | FOODTALK
ROSEMARY SAUCE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
ROSEMARY BLUEBERRY SMASH MOCKTAIL - A.VOGEL
OVEN ROASTED ROSEMARY POTATOES WITH BLUEBERRY BALSAMIC …
BLUEBERRY ROSEMARY LAMB CHOPS - THE OLIVE TAP RECIPES
BLUEBERRY AND ROSEMARY LEMONADE - JENNANDTAREKKABANY.COM
ROASTED LAMB WITH BLUEBERRY SAUCE ⋆ CLEVER CHEF RECIPES
EASIEST BLUEBERRY SAUCE RECIPE EVER - NAMELY MARLY
PORK WITH BLUEBERRY SAUCE | SO DELICIOUS
ROSEMARY CHICKEN WITH BLUEBERRY SAUCE- WIKIFOODHUB
ROSEMARY INFUSED ICE CREAM W/ BLUEBERRY SAUCE - VEGANVVOCALS.COM
THINKING OUTSIDE THE (BLUEBERRY) BOX: PORK CHOPS WITH ... - BLUE …
BLUEBERRY-BALSAMIC MEATBALL SAUCE WITH ROSEMARY [VEGAN]
ROSEMARY CHICKEN WITH BLUEBERRY SAUCE | RECIPE | ROSEMARY …
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make the perfect blueberry sauce?Add the honey, salt, pepper and, blueberries. Stir in the balsamic vinegar. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes or so until the blueberries begin to soften and the sauce begins to reduce. (if using the browned meat version, add the meat to the pan at this point). Add the remaining one tablespoon of butter and cook for another 3 minutes.
How to cook blueberries with Rosemary and butter?Heat a cooking pot over low heat, then add the butter and melt it. Add the blueberries and rosemary. Simmer for 10 minutes. Crush the blueberries in the process. Strain the cooked blueberries into another cooking pot using a strainer and a rubber spatula. Place the cooking pot over low heat.
How do you make blueberry reduction?Let’s talk about making this blueberry reduction. Stovetop: Stir together the cornstarch, sugar, and water in a small saucepan. Then, add the blueberries. Turn the heat up to medium to bring it to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for a minute or two until the sauce thickens. Then remove the pan from the heat and add the lemon juice.
Can You microwave blueberry sauce?Then, add the blueberries. Turn the heat up to medium to bring it to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for a minute or two until the sauce thickens. Then remove the pan from the heat and add the lemon juice. Microwave: Use a sturdy pyrex measuring cup or a tall microwave-safe bowl. Stir together the ingredients as directed above.