LOW-CARB OVEN FRIED CHICKEN RECIPE - (4.3/5)
Provided by Birgitta
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Have ready a rack (for drying) and a large roasting pan. You may need a second pan to avoid crowding the chicken. For more uniform-sized pieces, cut each breast half crosswise into 2 pieces or have butcher cut it. Rinse chicken pieces and blot dry. Trim away any extra skin and fat. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and set aside. Process pork rinds in the bowl of a food processor until finely ground. Place pork rind crumbs on a dish; you will need about 1½ cups of processed crumbs. Stir in Parmesan. In a medium bowl, whisk egg whites until foamy. Whisk in the cream. Dip chicken in egg white and cream mixture and then roll in pork-rind mixture until evenly coated. Place on a rack to dry for 15 minutes. Preheat oven to 425º F. Place the fat and oil in the roasting pan. Put the pan in the preheated oven until butter is melted, about 5 minutes. Place chicken in the pan, skin side down, and bake for 30 minutes. Turn the chicken and bake for an additional 30 minutes, or until well-browned and crisp. Serve hot or cold. Servings: 5 servings of 2 pieces each. Per serving-Net carbohydrate: 0.7 grams; Protein: 48.9 grams; Fiber: 0 grams; Fat: 57.9 grams; Calories: 727 Total weight: 2 pounds 7 ounces or 1108 grams Weight per serving of 2 pieces including bones: 7¾ ounces or 222 grams NOTE: About ½ cup of the cream and egg white mixture and ½ cup of the pork rind and Parmesan mixture will be left over, so the carb count will actually be close to zero. Most of the fat will also stay in the pan, so the actual fat and calories will also be lower. Recipe from Nourished; a Cookbook for Health, Weight Loss, and Metabolic Balance.
LOW CARB SOUTHERN FRIED CHICKEN
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place a heavy pot over medium-high heat with at least 1-inch of vegetable oil for boneless chicken and 2 inches for whole pieces. Heat oil to 350 degrees F; it is important to monitor and maintain the temperature, or the soy flour breading and your oil will burn. (Portable deep fryers at home are great for this.)
- In a medium bowl, mix the eggs and cream to make an egg wash. In a separate larger bowl, mix all the breading ingredients together.
- Season the chicken well with salt and pepper. Dip it first in the breading, then in the egg wash, and then back in the breading again, making sure to coat well on all sides. Pat off any excess breading and then carefully place into hot oil and fry until golden brown and crisp, just a few minutes. Remove and drain on paper towels.
- Boneless chicken breasts, if thinly cut, may cook all the way by frying alone, but whole chicken will not because of how fast soy flour browns. It is best to place any chicken you fry with soy flour on a sheet pan and finish by baking at 350 degrees F for an additional 10 minutes for boneless chicken and 20 to 25 minutes more for cut up chicken pieces that have bones. The internal temperature of the chicken should register 165 degrees F. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1216 calorie, Fat 95 grams, SaturatedFat 25 grams, Carbohydrate 13 grams, Fiber 5 grams
LOW CARB FRIED CHICKEN
Being Southern, I've always loved fried chicken, but since I have been on the first phase of the Atkins diet, I have been unable to use much of anything for a flour substitute. However, I discovered that, because French fried onions have so few carbs, I can have them on Induction, so I came up with the idea to grind them down and use them as a coating for fried chicken. My father suggested to add a little Parmesan cheese to it, which helps solidify it and helps it cling better to the chicken. Honestly, it came out much better than I expected and it actually worked better for me than normal flour, which tends to fall off during the frying process. It tasted great too! :)
Provided by alcuin18
Categories Chicken Breast
Yield 5 chicken breasts, 3-5 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- In a food processor or blender, process French fried onions on high for about 30 seconds or until finely ground. The moisture in them may make the mixture feel like a paste, but so long as it retains some texture it will work. Pour Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper into French fried onion mixture and stir to combine thoroughly.
- Fill a large pot, Dutch oven or deep fryer about halfway full with oil (I use Canola, which is healthier and doesn't affect flavor). Turn to medium high heat and let heat until the surface shimmers. Test heat by dropping a pinch of the French fried onion mixture (or flour) into oil; if it begins to cook instantly, the oil is ready.
- Place three plates or large bowls side-by-side near the pot of heated oil. Place chicken breasts on first plate, pour beaten eggs onto second plate, and place French fried onion mixture onto third plate. Dip chicken breast, one at a time, into egg, coating each side, then do the same in the French fried onion mixture. The amount of chicken to cook at a time depends on the size of your pot or fryer, but do not overcrowd. Cook for about 1 minute or until the coating on the chicken is dark brown. Continue until all chicken is fried. Place finished chicken breasts on a plate with a paper towel or two on it to absorb excess grease. Enjoy!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 346.3, Fat 19.6, SaturatedFat 6.5, Cholesterol 228.2, Sodium 657.9, Carbohydrate 1.2, Fiber 0.2, Sugar 0.2, Protein 39
LOW CARB FRIED CHICKEN
I found a recipe in Fran McCullough's Low Carb Cookbook and tweaked it a bit. I have even tried oven baking it and it works! Please note that the brining time is not included.
Provided by Secret Agent
Categories Whole Chicken
Yield 8 pieces, 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Cut up your chicken into serving pieces, you should get, two legs, two thighs, two wings with some breast meat on them, two breast halves (save the neck and back for stock) and soak in a brine of ¼ cup water and 1 gallon of water for about an hour or two.
- Microwave the Oberto pork rinds and cool.
- Crush the pork rinds with a rolling pin leaving different sized chunks.
- Mix mayonaise, cream, paprika, cayenne, pepper and herbs in a pie plate.
- Dry chicken pieces and roll in mayonaise mix, shaking off excess.
- Roll in the pork rinds and let dry on a wire rack.
- Heat cast iron skillet and melt Crisco over med high heat.
- Fry until up to temp, trying to turn only once, drain and eat hot, cold or in between!
- Hope you like it.
More about "low carb oven fried chicken recipe 435"
KETO FRIED CHICKEN RECIPE BAKED IN OVEN - KETOGASM
4.2/5 (109)Total Time 50 minsCategory Dinner, Lunch, Main CourseCalories 308 per serving
- Combine pork rinds with thyme, salt, pepper, oregano, garlic powder, and smoked paprika. Spread out into a thin layer on a large plate or flat dish.
- In a wide bowl, combine egg, mayo, and Dijon mustard. Dip each piece of chicken into the egg-mayo mixture, then roll in the pork rind mixture until evenly coated.
LOW CARB OVEN FRIED CHICKEN | KETOHH | KFC | KETO FRIED …
Ratings 4Category Appetizer, Main Course, SnackServings 4Total Time 50 mins
- Preheat the oven to 200 C/ 400 F fan forced. Prepare a large oven tray by lining with a piece of baking paper and spraying with olive oil spray. Beat the egg with the mayonnaise in a medium sized bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- Cut the chicken into desired shape, ie strips, in half or in thirds, or leave whole, and add to the bowl with the mayonnaise and egg. Mix till well combined.
- Using a fork, remove the chicken one piece at a time, allowing to drain slightly before placing in the spice mix. Use a spoon to tip spice mix on top of the chicken and press the crumb in slightly with your hands all around. This stops the mix getting clumpy and is the neatest way to crumb chicken.
THE BEST LOW CARB OVEN FRIED CHICKEN | THM S - THE …
4.8/5 (38)Total Time 45 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 426 per serving
KETO OVEN FRIED CHICKEN - THE BEST KETO RECIPES
4.3/5 (30)Total Time 30 minsCategory ChickenCalories 328 per serving
CRISPY KETO FRIED CHICKEN - HEALTHY RECIPES BLOG
LOW CARB SOUTHERN FRIED CHICKEN - KETO RECIPES
BEST KETO FRIED CHICKEN - SAVORY TOOTH
THE BEST TASTING LOW CARB AIR FRIED CHICKEN RECIPE
KETO FRIED CHICKEN - THE BIG MAN'S WORLD
LOW-CARB CRISPY KETO “FRIED” CHICKEN RECIPE - PERFECT KETO
KETO FRIED CHICKEN OVEN METHOD (KETO, PALEO, WHOLE30)
LOW CARB KETO FRIED CHICKEN (0G NET CARBS!) - LITTLE PINE KITCHEN
KETO BUTTERMILK FRIED CHICKEN - LOW CARB INSPIRATIONS
LOW CARB OVEN ROASTED CHICKEN DINNER - THIS MAMA LOVES
THE BEST LOW CARB CHICKEN RECIPES - DR. DAVINAH'S EATS
AIR FRYER KETO LOW CARB FRIED CHICKEN RECIPE - WHOLESOME YUM
CRISPY LOW-CALORIE OVEN-FRIED CHICKEN RECIPE — EAT THIS NOT THAT
EASY KETO LOW CARB CHICKEN FRIED STEAK AND GRAVY + VIDEO
KETO FRIED CHICKEN (AIR FRYER OR OVEN) - LOW CARB YUM
CRISPY LOW CARB FRIED CHICKEN WITHOUT PORK RINDS
KETO FRIED CHICKEN RECIPE [KEY INGREDIENT: PORK RINDS]
25+ EASY LOW CARB CHICKEN RECIPES - THE FOODIE AFFAIR
LOW CARB FRIED CHICKEN BREADING RECIPE - RECIPES THAT CROCK!
BEST CRISPY KETO FRIED CHICKEN RECIPE - MY PCOS KITCHEN
OVEN FRIED CHICKEN, MOIST DELICIOUS AND LOW-CARB - RECIPE FLOW
KFC KETO FRIED CHICKEN - FATKITCHEN
LOW CARB CRACK FRIED CHICKEN!! (GLUTEN FREE, GRAIN FREE, NUT FREE ...
NO CARB RECIPES CHICKEN BREAST - THERESCIPES.INFO
BEST KETO FRIED CHICKEN RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE KETO FRIED CHICKEN
KETO "KFC" FRIED CHICKEN — LOW CARB LOVE™
KETO FRIED CHICKEN | CAN BE MADE IN THE OVEN OR AIR FRYER
LOW CARB FRIED CHICKEN RECIPE | HEALTHY HOME ECONOMIST
10 BEST LOW CARB FRIED CHICKEN RECIPES - YUMMLY
LOW CARB SOUTHERN FRIED CHICKEN - DIABETIC CHEF'S RECIPES
10 BEST LOW CARB BAKED CHICKEN RECIPES - YUMMLY
KETO SOUTHERN FRIED CHICKEN TENDERS - THE BEST KETO RECIPES
BAKED CHICKEN RECIPE LOW CARB AND SATISFYING! - EATING RICHLY
MONTEREY CHICKEN QUICHE - PLAIN CHICKEN
EXTRA CRISPY KETO FRIED CHICKEN - KETOCONNECT
LOW CARB FRIED CHICKEN OUR COUNTERTOP RECIPE BLOG
LOW-CARB FRIED CHICKEN (GFDF) - HEATHER COOAN
LOW CARB SOUTHERN FRIED CHICKEN | HEALTHY ALTERNATIVE RECIPES
CITY CHICKEN (LOW CARB, KETO) | LOW CARB MAVEN
You'll also love